The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Next Aston Villa manager thread

+29
VillaBill
Saunders82
Army villain
LVBrit
ember
Fpuppys
Synopsis
STO67
bruka
VTID85
big ming
deadbuzzardalive
Boldfinger
Dions_Bald_Head
Jae1411
DelboyVilla
De Kuip
The Utterer
danclare82
villajk
Terry Derry
FoxyAV
achilles
Villa_Dan
smetro
Dazzle
UnclePanda
rogermuffin69
AstonThriller
33 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Next Aston Villa manager thread

Post by smetro Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:05 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:News of DOF appointment is good - will surely lead to managerial appointment soon.

More likely to be head coach rather than manager. ????

Given the appointments of pursilow and jesus - both experienced guys - is this an indication that we gamble on a rookie manager - or is their experience designed to accommodate a rookie
smetro
smetro

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 15 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Next Aston Villa manager thread

Post by Dazzle Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:31 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I'd be slightly underwhelmed with Terry coming as manager, it wouldn't feel like enough of a departure from Bruce, and the worry would be that he'd just try and replicate what we were doing last season whilst he was here.

If Henry is going to Monaco then it's a pity their departing manager Leonardo Jardim is probably out of our reach, builds exciting teams, and good with youth, would be ideal for us, but will have much better offers.

Exactly this.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 15 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:52 pm

If the DOF thing is confirmed, expect Cesare Prandelli to suddenly appear in the betting for Manager/Coach.
He is currently in the UAE managing Al Nasir.
big ming

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 15 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:57 pm

It's like the takeover summer before Tony all over again, in a way. Rumours, horseshit and no-one more in the know than anyone else.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:30 pm

Personally I'm happy about TH seemingly being out of the running, I like the idea of Rui Faria and John Terry as number 2, Faria has 17 years working among some of the best players in the world and under a very good manager who is in no doubt missing him.

Besides T&T could have been Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 15 1715320296
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:05 pm

big ming wrote:If the DOF thing is confirmed, expect Cesare Prandelli to suddenly appear in the betting for Manager/Coach.

16/1 on SkyBet!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:15 pm

If it is true that Henry has declined the job, it will probably be that Villa want a Head Coach rather than a Manager. Henry reportedly would have wanted exclusive control of the transfer budget, whereas the club will be looking to the DOF (in consultation with the Coach) to identify some gems but also with a view of promoting players from our development squad.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:28 pm

Henry has never been offered the job so he cannot decline the job, only rule himself out of the running! Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 15 1015550615
achilles
achilles

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 15 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:29 pm

UnclePanda wrote:
big ming wrote:If the DOF thing is confirmed, expect Cesare Prandelli to suddenly appear in the betting for Manager/Coach.

16/1 on SkyBet!

Very close friends of the new DOF apparently.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:32 pm

achilles wrote:
UnclePanda wrote:

16/1 on SkyBet!

so i heard.. thats why ive put a fiver on it!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:27 pm

UnclePanda wrote:
achilles wrote:
UnclePanda wrote:

16/1 on SkyBet!

so i heard.. thats why ive put a fiver on it!

The AV official site has an article written in 2014 titled "Italy manager Prandelli reveals longstanding Villa support"
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:09 pm

I'm sure there will be more ebbing and flowing before we settle on our man. The press and media have space to fill and I'm sure most of what we've read so far is utter tosh. I'd be more than happy with Rodgers, Smith and less so Henry.
STO67
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:10 am

So apparently Henry has turned us down? Have we even offered him anything? No one has confirmed an offer has been made to TH? And he has turned us down to take a job where the current manager hasn't been sacked yet? Amazing journalism by all concerned?

I think we are still deciding! The decision is close but not yet made as other issues such as the DOF is affecting the process!

So long as we don't have to suffer another team picked by KMac I will be happy!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:56 am

I struggle to believe we’d go down either the Terry or Henry route, it’s a bigger gamble than is necessary when you have Smith or Rodgers waiting to be plucked away from their current clubs.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:19 am

With the DOF in place I think we will go for a foreign manager, possibly already coached/managed in this country but not necessarily but more importantly worked with or is happy to work for a hands-on DOF.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:25 pm

Well todays nailed on favorite is Faria with Terry as assistant? Sky are reporting that Henry is out of running as both parties felt the time wasn't right? That seems logical! The Sun reporting that Faria sent message to all the players before Milwall and had scouts at the game? Which fits with what KMac said! So maybe RF was the main man all a long? I am a bit disappointed that we didn't try for Smith or Rodgers but taking a manager from another club is always messy? 17 years of working with one of the most successful managers of the modern era at some of Europe's biggest clubs and still only 43 years old is maybe worth a punt? JM seems to be missing him this season which says a lot!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:12 pm

I don't know what to believe anymore. Later today or tomorrow, there will probably be another favorite.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:34 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:Well todays nailed on favorite is Faria with Terry as assistant? Sky are reporting that Henry is out of running as both parties felt the time wasn't right? That seems logical! The Sun reporting that Faria sent message to all the players before Milwall and had scouts at the game? Which fits with what KMac said! So maybe RF was the main man all a long? I am a bit disappointed that we didn't try for Smith or Rodgers but taking a manager from another club is always messy? 17 years of working with one of the most successful managers of the modern era at some of Europe's biggest clubs and still only 43 years old is maybe worth a punt? JM seems to be missing him this season which says a lot!

I seem to remember similar things being said about a certain Brian Kidd. Or Rene Muelensteen. Or Mike Phelan.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:09 pm

Henry Winter
‏Verified account @henrywinter
1m1 minute ago
Rui Faria has huge respect for Aston Villa but is not interested in the managerial vacancy. When Villa made informal contact, Faria politely told them that he’s still enjoying his time away from football. #avfc

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:25 pm

I bet the owners are so glad that they gave Bruce a chance.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:42 pm

Several facts are emerging....
1. None of us has a scooby who is on the list and nor have the press.
2. The only people really benefiting so far are the bookies (different favourite every hour).
3 When the Club make an official announcement, it will come as complete surprise to half of us and the other half will say that they knew all along that it was gong to be X.
4. The Club have finally got the hang of keeping things nailed down until the decision is made and an offer/offers accepted.

The only thing that seems likely is that JT is going to be involved somehow.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:30 pm

Well interestingly (in my opinion) Matt Kendrick wrote an article earlier?
Bear with me please?
Now normally that is far from interesting but when Potato Head got the bullet MK wrote an article saying Potato Head's time was up and seemingly cut all ties to backing him which had been Bham Mail's stance. Now I think MK got a tip off from inside the club.
Now the article Kendrick wrote was a piece praising the qualities of Dean Smith and arguing for his choice as our new manager. Has he had another tip off?

Pure speculation on part but no worse than the National press?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:42 pm

Dean Smith has become my firm favourite now (although I don't think he has been approached as yet), it just worries me that the club may try to get an out of work manager so that they don't have to pay compensation.

I do agree that John Terry will get involved somewhere along the way, probably coaching in some aspect.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:46 pm

Would Terry be a bigger personality than Smith though ?
Terry would get more publicity coming in as coach than Dean Smith coming in as manager, I wouldn’t want the next manager to be undermined one bit, remember the fuss was there was about Keane?
We’ll find out soon no doubt
UTV
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:32 pm

VillaBill wrote:Would Terry be a bigger personality than Smith though ?
Terry would get more publicity coming in as coach than Dean Smith coming in as manager, I wouldn’t want the next manager to be undermined one bit, remember  the fuss was there was about Keane?
We’ll find out soon no doubt
UTV

Dean Smith would handle that okay and Terry could take some of the pressure of him, as you say we will find out, hopefully sooner rather than later.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next