The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Next Aston Villa manager thread

+29
VillaBill
Saunders82
Army villain
LVBrit
ember
Fpuppys
Synopsis
STO67
bruka
VTID85
big ming
deadbuzzardalive
Boldfinger
Dions_Bald_Head
Jae1411
DelboyVilla
De Kuip
The Utterer
danclare82
villajk
Terry Derry
FoxyAV
achilles
Villa_Dan
smetro
Dazzle
UnclePanda
rogermuffin69
AstonThriller
33 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Aston Villa manager thread

Post by achilles Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:29 pm

big ming wrote:I wonder if we could attract a top flight manager/coach with a novel reward success based package. It is interesting that Purslow has shares and therefore, a financial interest in progressing the club. The Cabbage gets paid a flat amount (as far as we know), whatever dross he doles out and whatever our league position.
Surely,it cannot be beyond the wits of the new regime to design a package of a basic wage and bonus per month/season with trigger points based on performance/league position/entertainment value/eventual play-off or promotion.Maybe even include the prospect of a shareholding like Purslow.

Blimey that would be a quantum leap for us, we are still struggling to master this devilish thing called football!
achilles
achilles

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 9 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Aston Villa manager thread

Post by big ming Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:18 pm

Still dreaming about Wenger/Henry.
Whoever it is, the coach needs to work directly with the players at BMH on style,tactics and skills.
Would be really great if they could learn the staples of the modern game. Press. Pass and move.
big ming

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 9 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:36 pm

Please no more ex-City managers. I bumped into 'arry in a very dark car park in Dorset late one night last week, I should have made it very clear he wasn't allowed to apply.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 9 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:09 pm

Has been said before on here, the new DOF will be a clue and I don't think we will have to wait too long for that to be revealed.

Personally I can't wait to see the line-up for Millwall under big Mac,
and the controversy it will cause on TBAR. Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 9 3363484586
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 9 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:22 pm

Claudio Ranieri
Brendan Rodgers
Carlos Calvahal

Ill be happy with any of them
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:30 pm

UnclePanda wrote:Claudio Ranieri
Brendan Rodgers
Carlos Calvahal

Ill be happy with any of them

Calvahal would be good for me he knows the Championship plays flowing football, and I think hes out of work Scarf Waving
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:42 pm

Ranieri would be great, as would Rodgers.

Part of me would like Dean Smith but players can often be a bunch of sugarbags and maybe he wouldnt quite get the respect from them that a big name would when things go wrong - as they will from time to time.

Some of the names in the bookies' list that have very short odds depress the fuck out of me - Allardyce - *shudders*.

In my ultimate fantasy football mind it would be Wenger with Henry as no. 2.

I'd love to see Claudio with JT as number 2.

How about a left field suggestion - Marcello Gallardo from River Plate. Well thought of and if poch can be the inspiration for another Argentinean coach to make the move, great.
Language barrier can't be too much of an issue - remember  Poch's interviews the first couple of seasons in England when he had the interpreter next to him!?
De Kuip
De Kuip

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 9 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:12 pm

De Kuip wrote:Language barrier can't be too much of an issue - remember  Poch's interviews the first couple of seasons in England when he had the interpreter next to him!?

A few years back I had a Japanese customer over and his English translator (who I knew well and had worked with in the UK) would translate every single thing I said, so I was very careful not to make any jokes to the translator I didn't want immediately repeated in Japanese. After a couple of hours the translator went off to the loo and the Japanese customer turned to me and spoke in almost fluent English. I did wonder with Poch if he understood a lot more than he let on, I imagine a translator can be a good barrier, but can also help with intricacies and ensure he gets his point over with little margin for error.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:29 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
De Kuip wrote:Language barrier can't be too much of an issue - remember  Poch's interviews the first couple of seasons in England when he had the interpreter next to him!?

A few years back I had a Japanese customer over and his English translator (who I knew well and had worked with in the UK) would translate every single thing I said, so I was very careful not to make any jokes to the translator I didn't want immediately repeated in Japanese. After a couple of hours the translator went off to the loo and the Japanese customer turned to me and spoke in almost fluent English. I did wonder with Poch if he understood a lot more than he let on, I imagine a translator can be a good barrier, but can also help with intricacies and ensure he gets his point over with little margin for error.

Yeah I often thought he could speak more english than he let on!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 9 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:31 pm

Paulo Fonseca being linked
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:03 pm

Or, if the owners mean business - Rafa!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:06 pm

I don’t think the Portuguese link could be too far out, especially with our Mendez links, perhaps looking for the next Nuno ?
We probably get Nemo
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:18 pm

UnclePanda wrote:Or, if the owners mean business - Rafa!

I’ve mentioned Benitez not so long ago as “obtainable”, and I think he would be. However, I’m reading that it was Purslow who sacked him at Liverpool and thus it would be strange if he then hired him elsewhere. I will say I think Benitez would be a revelation at Villa Park.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:30 pm

Mirror are saying our board are 'eyeing' Benítez, although the article is written by Nursey, so probably complete guesswork. He'd be a good appointment, but wouldn't bring the attacking football that a lot of people crave... My choice would be Rodgers, as I think he'd have the perfect blend of bringing a new direction to the club, but also being able to make an immediate impact because of his experience of the Championship, but I don't think it's going to happen.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:40 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Mirror are saying our board are 'eyeing' Benítez, although the article is written by Nursey, so probably complete guesswork. He'd be a good appointment, but wouldn't bring the attacking football that a lot of people crave... My choice would be Rodgers, as I think he'd have the perfect blend of bringing a new direction to the club, but also being able to make an immediate impact because of his experience of the Championship, but I don't think it's going to happen.

I think that would be my choice as well, although I know very little about the foreign coaches being mentioned.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:07 am

Rodgers is also well known for working with the existing players in a club and doesn't look to buy his 'own' players. Plus if we can offer him continuous development of the club and promise to spend more on players than disco lights for the stadium (that happened this year at Celtic) he would consider it I think? What you have to remember is that Scottish football gets absolute peanuts compared to England. I think TV money in Scotland is around 2m per year. They cannot compete with us!

This year Celtic went out the CL before the group stages and had players like Boyata and Dembele revolting. Rodgers handled that fairly well but feels let down because they needed strengthening for the CL qualifiers and as the board didn't react he only had a bunch of kids at the back?

Rodgers, Fonseca and Smith are my favorites mainly due to style of play.
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:37 am

Another reason for Henry under Wenger's guidance, besides potentially brilliantly entertaining football.........no compo.
big ming

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 9 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:44 am

DelboyVilla wrote:he only had a bunch of kids at the back

He's going to feel at home at Villa then!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:51 am

big ming wrote:Another reason for Henry under Wenger's guidance, besides potentially brilliantly entertaining football.........no compo.

Wenger would feel at home with Villa's defence!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:01 am

Talk of fonseca is ridiculous it isn't going to be him. We either go down the tried and tested route:-

Pardew \ Carvallho

Or we take a punt on an unproven

Henry, Terry

Purslows appointments at Liverpool are Brendan Rodgers and Roy Hodgson - logically from that he won't go the untested route - I wouldn't be surprised if its either of Carvallho or Pardew tbh - that assumes we can't get Rodgers

Only Rodgers I think we be a good appointment IMO - think all the others would flounder.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:57 am

Fonseca links are stemming from the Mendes connection! Plus Mail have said that the never spoke to Wet Spam or Everton so didn't turn them down as they went for other candidates!

Rodgers may be more attainable than we think though!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:42 pm

Carlos Calvahal !!!! - Ive just tuck £100 on him @ 12-1 - Grab it while u can.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:04 pm

It wouldn’t surprise if it was Carvahal, I believe he’s a Mendes client and he’d be free. I’m not quite sure he’s a big enough catch for our owners though, I think they’re looking for a bigger statement and that’s why I’m leaning toward Brendan Rodgers from Celtic.
What I would like this time is a hands on man, someone who will work with what we have and make them better. A smart manager.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:25 pm

Carvahal isn't a Mendes client, I'm not sure why some of the media have been reporting that he is. I personally wouldn't be overly enthused with his appointment, started off well at both Wednesday and Swansea but faded badly at both reverting to negative football. I'd be surprised if it's him, can't see our owners thinking that someone who's recently been sacked by two of our rivals, and who's Wednesday lost to Bruce's Hull in the Play Off final is good enough for us.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:22 pm

Villa are only interested in high-profile candidates, with Sawiris and Edens wanting to make a real statement with their first managerial appointment. [birmingham live] #avfc
villareport (@villareport)

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next