The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

+37
andrew24561
UnclePanda
LVBrit
bruka
STO67
De Kuip
FoxyAV
deadbuzzardalive
VTID85
avfc forever
jeffvilla
Fpuppys
Jae1411
smetro
Terry Derry
rogermuffin69
danclare82
Saunders82
achilles
gdale1
villajk
Wriggle
Army villain
ember
mefromhere
Dazzle
gaffer85
Boldfinger
Trotters
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Villa_Dan
big ming
Gordonsleftboot
AstonThriller
41 posters

Page 34 of 43 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by FoxyAV Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:43 am

I've said it before, I'll probably say it again, if we want to stay in the Championship and the owners want to pump in huge amounts of money with no end product (promotion) we stick with Bruce. If we want promotion we need a manager capable of delivering it. If, like Bruce, we're relying on luck then it's third time lucky!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:24 am

FoxyAV wrote:I've said it before, I'll probably say it again, if we want to stay in the Championship and the owners want to pump in huge amounts of money with no end product (promotion) we stick with Bruce. If we want promotion we need a manager capable of delivering it. If, like Bruce, we're relying on luck then it's third time lucky!

What do you mean? He has 4 promotions under his belt and he does know what he is doing! The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 4025243045

As the Aberdeen manager said who would let a player leave on loan without a replacement signed leaving only one senior player to fill 2 positions? The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 1401410211
DelboyVilla

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:27 am

DelboyVilla wrote:As the Aberdeen manager said who would let a player leave on loan without a replacement signed leaving only one senior player to fill 2 positions? The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 1401410211

Oh come on, be serious, why do you think we have five RBs?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:34 am

FoxyAV wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:As the Aberdeen manager said who would let a player leave on loan without a replacement signed leaving only one senior player to fill 2 positions? The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 1401410211

What do you mean? We have our other centre back at right back?

Those other players like Hutton, Elmo, DeLaet, Bree and co are the utility men not right backs? Play anywhere on the pitch they can! Which is good because if the performances of our goal keepers doesn't improve we could well see one of those between the sticks? But at least our other keeper is getting game time on loan?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:42 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

Those other players like Hutton, Elmo, DeLaet, Bree and co are the utility men not right backs? Play anywhere on the pitch they can! Which is good because if the performances of our goal keepers doesn't improve we could well see one of those between the sticks? But at least our other keeper is getting game time on loan?

NOT, he is keeping the bench warm, all makes perfect sense as he was sent by Bruce to get some game time! The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 1327487109
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:57 pm

If Bruce isn't going yet, I'm hoping it's because we're bringing in a Director of Football, who will eventually be tasked with finding his replacement. I think that there's a strong possibility that that could happen, as I think Purslow's strengths are more in the business side of the game, than the actual football.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:16 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

That's what I mean, we have five RBs to fill in at CB while we play a CB at RB. Makes perfect sense to me.

Anyway it's all immaterial now, have you seen how tall Abraham is? He's not here to replace Kodjia, he's our new CB/rush goalie.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:06 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:If Bruce isn't going yet, I'm hoping it's because we're bringing in a Director of Football, who will eventually be tasked with finding his replacement. I think that there's a strong possibility that that could happen, as I think Purslow's strengths are more in the business side of the game, than the actual football.

Yeah, I suppose it could be that the owners aren't necessarily prioritising promotion this season & see it as a bedding-in period for them where they get everyone in place; particularly the person who would select the next manager.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:32 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:If Bruce isn't going yet, I'm hoping it's because we're bringing in a Director of Football, who will eventually be tasked with finding his replacement. I think that there's a strong possibility that that could happen, as I think Purslow's strengths are more in the business side of the game, than the actual football.

Yeah, I suppose it could be that the owners aren't necessarily prioritising promotion this season & see it as a bedding-in period for them where they get everyone in place; particularly the person who would select the next manager.

From a business point of view it probably makes sense but from a fan's perspective it is hard to bear more of the same!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:52 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

That's what I mean, we have five RBs to fill in at CB while we play a CB at RB. Makes perfect sense to me.

Anyway it's all immaterial now, have you seen how tall Abraham is? He's not here to replace Kodjia, he's our new CB/rush goalie.

I know I saw a photo of him stood between Potato Head and Edens and he towered over them in a Crouch like manner? I am sure Potato Head will find a suitable role for him in the team? The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 1401410211
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:56 pm

They probably won't come out and say as such, but judging by our signings I think they very much want promotion this year. However much some of us may not rate him, maybe they genuinely believe that Bruce is a competent stopgap, until they've filled in more senior positions at the club, such as a DoF, who would presumably have a vision for how we should play and who will also be more qualified to bring in a manager/coach to help that vision become a reality.

But then again for all we know, Bruce could get the sack tomorrow, and the delay is just them sorting out the legalities of his departure... The only thing giving me hope that that may be case though, is the fact that we haven't heard from Purslow yet... When a new CEO speaks they usually say something on the manager, typically just a few lines on how they're looking forward to working with whoever the manager may be, something he obviously wouldn't be able do if Bruce is on the brink of departing.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:39 am

Nothing on TBAR since Wednesday.

That may be the most damning indictment of what this man has brought us to.

Tumbleweed
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:43 am

With hearing nothing on Bruce, nor word from Purslow and the Terry rumours gone quiet, I was hoping it was going to be a case of it being a quiet period before a period of significant activity, or in other words, the quiet before the storm.

My worry is that we'll lose against Blackburn, but instead of thinking that enough is enough, they'll see that we have a few home games coming up and give him those to turn things around, which there's a good chance that he will do, therefore saving his job, getting fans hopes back up that we're going to come good at last, until we go on our next bad run, and so we keep going in circles.

Unfortunately they're probably of the mind that they won't get rid until he's had a run of games with all the signings in the side
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:16 pm

I have come to the conclusion that the owners have virtually written this season off and are just concentrating on the structure and basics of the club!

It is going to be a long season! Sleep
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:17 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Nothing on TBAR since Wednesday.

That may be the most damning indictment of what this man has brought us to.

Tumbleweed

It's a funny time though isn't it?
Ive had an occasional glance at VT and also the screaming basket case that is #avfc on Twitter and to be honest it's just a boring repetitive cycle of rehashing the same non- news.
Bruce sort of isn't going, Terry sort of isn't arriving, the next match is sort of miles away, our form is sort of average, our enthusiasm is sort of absent.

As Tim from The Office said"... and now I'm beginning to bore myself...".
De Kuip
De Kuip

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:08 pm

The only way Bruce is going is if the Villa Park crowd turn on him or, if we have a bad run, he might go during the next international break, maybe. They couldn't possibly let him go so soon after the season started, not with bringing in players that he hasn't yet been able to play. We really cannot afford to lose against Blackburn and I think we'll smash Rotherham. We need to go on good run now.
STO67
STO67

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:35 am

I can't believe we are heading to our next match with that idiot Potato Head in charge! Absolutely stupid behavior from our new owners! This was a great time to change but that is an opportunity missed!

What was the point in keeping Jack? Sawaris may as well have let him go as he is as useful in a Bruceball team as a tit on a nun! We have made all these promising signings and wasted them on the Neanderthal retard that is Potato Head!

They say a fool and his money are soon parted and that seems to be true for every 'billionaire' that walks through the gates at VP!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:36 am

Yes, next season we are going to be in an even worse situation because Grealish and Chester will definitely go and we will 'lose' all our loans again! Back to square 1 minus 1!

We are just going around in circles again!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:00 pm

Do you reckon this is twitter bullshit or is it a possible runner

John Gotti
‏@JohnGottiSport
1h1 hour ago

Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder is set for talks with Aston Villa after Steve Bruce’s poor start to the season. #AVFC #twitterblades #sufc #villa
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:36 pm

I hope we are having talks with several people. Get the best man possible.
STO67
STO67

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:03 am

Interesting, they certainly played all the football against us but hopefully he is not the only one in potential talks.

Although the timing seems a bit strange.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:12 am

In my view an actual Maris Piper potato would be an improvement on Potato Head!

I would hope for someone with a little more experience than Wilder?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:51 am

achilles wrote:Interesting, they certainly played all the football against us but hopefully he is not the only one in potential talks.

Although the timing seems a bit strange.

Yes but I wouldn't judge a manager and his team's prowess against a Villa squad fielded by Bruce. Anyone can look good waltzing past Whelan and it's not hard to come out guns blazing, stretch the defence in two different directions and waiting for a gap to appear either from Jedi being the wrong player in the wrong position or Chester going off to cover him. The goalie's nervous, and while on the downside you have to wait until an hour before the match to see the team sheet and then try to work out who's going to play where, you'll be able to see which positions to target (LB in the last match, for example, because El Ghazi wasn't tracking back or two men attacking RB because Tuanzebe still isn't comfortable. Last season I saw Reading completely dominate us and while they only win 2-1 it's because in the second half they hung back to hold onto their lead. Reading looked amazing but spent the season flirting with relegation.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:18 pm

Even Ian Holloway schooled Potato Head on tactics! It's literally that easy, Potato Head is a complete moron!

Let's choose a manager based on being Aston Villa and wanting a long term plan to return and stay in the Premier League!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:28 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:Even Ian Holloway schooled Potato Head on tactics! It's literally that easy, Potato Head is a complete moron!

Let's choose a manager based on being Aston Villa and wanting a long term plan to return and stay in the Premier League!

Yes, I agree. I don't think we do a Cardiff and play to get promoted and then see how long it takes to get relegated with a manager and set of players not up to the task. Xia possibly had the right idea with RDM but either way if the new owners bought us as a Premier League club temporarily in the Championship then Bruce isn't the answer and nor is another manager brought in just to get us promoted. Whatever the 'Villa way' was supposed to be it's not clear if we have it, we're working towards it or if it popped in for a cuppa and digestive a few months back and disappeared off again shortly after. If we're a Championship club and that's the extent of our owners' ambition then Bruce is our man. I'm confident it's only a matter of time before he's gone and we have someone better in.

And it may well be that Wilder is the man we need, I don't know.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 43 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 43  Next