The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

+37
andrew24561
UnclePanda
LVBrit
bruka
STO67
De Kuip
FoxyAV
deadbuzzardalive
VTID85
avfc forever
jeffvilla
Fpuppys
Jae1411
smetro
Terry Derry
rogermuffin69
danclare82
Saunders82
achilles
gdale1
villajk
Wriggle
Army villain
ember
mefromhere
Dazzle
gaffer85
Boldfinger
Trotters
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Villa_Dan
big ming
Gordonsleftboot
AstonThriller
41 posters

Page 42 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 42 Empty Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:51 am

If he's sacked if we win the next two games then it will be a very brave decision, as we could suddenly be just a few points from top two having only lost twice all season; with a win tonight we could close the gap between ourselves, Leeds and Middlesbrough to just two points, as they're both away.

deadbuzzardalive

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 42 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:22 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:If he's sacked if we win the next two games then it will be a very brave decision, as we could suddenly be just a few points from top two having only lost twice all season; with a win tonight we could close the gap between ourselves, Leeds and Middlesbrough to just two points, as they're both away.

Im not sure if it would take a particularly brave decision to replace him should we win the next 2. Given that we really should have 20pts now, and that the next two games are against the bottom 2 clubs in the league, it wouldn’t be unreasonable to say that after 2yrs it’s not acceptable where we are in terms of points and performances. And it’s always better to make the change from a position of strength. Anyway, all this will become wasted chat when we fail to win both games!
Dazzle
Dazzle

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 42 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:22 am

It has to be a strong win at Millwall now for him to survive you would think?.....without a defence that is, No Chester and Jedi injured.......INTERESTING The Steve Bruce thread - Page 42 498107619
The Utterer
The Utterer

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 42 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:13 am

Another day of checking to see if he's been sacked, only for nothing to happen, coming up.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:42 am

The Utterer wrote:It has to be a strong win at Millwall now for him to survive you would think?.....without a defence that is, No Chester and Jedi injured.......INTERESTING  The Steve Bruce thread - Page 42 498107619

As of this morning I'd be putting Bree and Bedeau through their paces and choosing one to partner Tuanzebe. Not Hutton, not - oh I don't know - Abraham because he's tall, Bree and Bedeau. Leave the other three defenders where they are. I think it's also time the owners bit the bullet and brought in an established left-sided CB to partner Chester (Tuanzebe) to at least the January window.

On the plus side, and for me this really is a plus, we still have Hogan, he's managed to stay out of this shit start to the season and we may well get ourselves a manager who can actually play him. Abraham and Hogan up front together - that's a dream partnership for me.

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:51 am

Bedau is a good option. We will know if he is pulled from the U21's on Friday night.
big ming

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 42 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:13 am

Bedeau has got absolutely no chance of getting a game whatsoever under Bruce, doubt he'll even make the bench on Saturday. Apparently Chester shouldn't have even been sent off, because of the double jeopardy rule, but presuming his ban stands, and Jedinak is still injured, then Bruce will just play Tuanzebe and one of Hutton or Bree in defence, probably Bree.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:18 am

It's OK Potato Head has asked the cabbage to play there? The Steve Bruce thread - Page 42 3769219917 The Steve Bruce thread - Page 42 693198913
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:27 am

I said that if Bruce and our malaise was allowed to continue then things would turn ugly, and we’re there now. The atmosphere and relationship between manager and fans is now toxic and detrimental to the football club, a parting of ways is now THE ONLY sensible option. I’m sure the owners have been hoping for Bruce to show some dignity and to actually resign, however Bruce isn’t going to do that and he will hold out for his payoff. We are now in a position where Bruce leaving will aid the clubs cause. And Bruce has brought that upon himself. #bruceout #cabbagegate
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:49 am

DelboyVilla wrote:It's OK Potato Head has asked the cabbage to play there? The Steve Bruce thread - Page 42 3769219917 The Steve Bruce thread - Page 42 693198913

I'm willing to bet good money we'd win more matches with the cabbage in charge.

And to an earlier post, I know Bedeau doesn't have a chance, which is crackers, we need to be able to dip into the reserves when necessary but then we already know this. We'd probably all be playing Bolasie and El Ghazi too, and dropping Grealish in behind the striker(s).
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:08 am

A few people, including Jonanthon Fear from Vital Villa saying that when we equalized Calderwood turned around stuck his fingers up to the fans and told them to f*** off. We really would just be better off just getting rid of them now, and giving Saturday's game to MacDonald and Delaney.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:14 am

FoxyAV wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:It's OK Potato Head has asked the cabbage to play there? The Steve Bruce thread - Page 42 3769219917 The Steve Bruce thread - Page 42 693198913

And to an earlier post, I know Bedeau doesn't have a chance, which is crackers, we need to be able to dip into the reserves when necessary but then we already know this. We'd probably all be playing Bolasie and El Ghazi too, and dropping Grealish in behind the striker(s).

You would think that the name 'reserves' would hold some kind of clue for Potato Head as to what they are to be used for?

Jack on the wing is a waste of talent and Bolaise/El Ghazi will only get match fit by starting some matches?

I must say throwing a cabbage at Potato Head is an insult, everyone knows his diet is solely made up of kebabs? Laughing
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:18 am

DelboyVilla wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

You would think that the name 'reserves' would hold some kind of clue for Potato Head as to what they are to be used for?

Jack on the wing is a waste of talent and Bolaise/El Ghazi will only get match fit by starting some matches?

I must say throwing a cabbage at Potato Head is an insult, everyone knows his diet is solely made up of kebabs? Laughing

Kebabs can be very good for you! Apparently. Obviously they get bad press when you only have them at 2am, with garlic sauce drizzled over the top and following 10 pints. I miss those days.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:42 am

I know kebabs can contain a couple of your 5 a day if you have the salad? A cabbage is only one of your 5 a day? Very Happy

Is Potato Head still here? I thought he would have got the message by now?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:48 am

DelboyVilla wrote:I know kebabs can contain a couple of your 5 a day if you have the salad? A cabbage is only one of your 5 a day? Very Happy

Is Potato Head still here? I thought he would have got the message by now?

It's not his fault, he doesn't give up, he needs time and so on.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:48 am

I didn't see the incident but is the cabbage available to take training for the rest of the week, decide our best tactical approach and pick a sensible team for Saturday?
big ming

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 42 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:06 am

It feels like he's never going to go, we'll probably scrape a draw on Saturday, and then they won't bother sacking him in the international break, with the excuse being that we've only lost twice, and are still in with a shout of the play-offs.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:09 am

big ming wrote:I didn't see the incident but is the cabbage available to take training for the rest of the week, decide our best tactical approach and pick a sensible team for Saturday?

I don't know about the cabbage's current commitments but it has it's own twitter account, @AstonCabbage I believe, try asking directly?

I wish Potato Head would stop complaining he is beginning to sound like a real sauerkraut? Drumroll Please
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:54 am

Whoever threw that cabbage has done Bruce a favour, because today people and the press are talking more about that, than the bad job he's doing, he's getting sympaphy if anything, I bet it didn't even hit him. I don't listen, but apparently talksport have had a load of ex players on sticking up for Bruce, as well. Can't wait for the day he leaves.

Last edited by deadbuzzardalive on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:00 am

Yes legends like Darren Bent and Lee Hendrie have been on sticking up for Potato Head? But you may be right it is a good day to release bad news!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:27 am

According to the BBC Cabbagegate is now being investigated by the boys in blue? Never mind the stabbings and violence plaguing the city let's arrest anyone seen with a cabbage just in case?

This is definitely a smoke screen from Potato Head to hide the poor management on display last night!

#Bruceout
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:34 am

I have an image in my head of a few thousand fans wearing paper cabbage hats at the next match...
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:53 pm

Birmingham Mail now calling for Bruce to go.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:31 pm

Yes Mat Kendrick has completely turned against Potato Head and is telling him to go! This is a major U-turn by the local rag who had been one of his biggest supporters. They even rubbished the claims by Potato Head that it is because he managed the knuckle draggers saying that was absolute nonsense!

They have absolutely destroyed him and I think they have had a tip off from someone in the club. If they haven't had a tip off then they just wrecked their relationship with Potato Head!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:35 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Birmingham Mail now calling for Bruce to go.

Yep, that should be curtains for Bruce now. It would be cruelty to keep him in charge for any more games. We need our owners to deal with this promptly and move forward. We really will need a new manager bounce, and that will be just to stay in touch.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next