The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Next Manager - I want names

+21
villajk
rogermuffin69
avfc forever
Army villain
gaffer85
KH**
ember
DelboyVilla
The Utterer
Jae1411
Fpuppys
Dazzle
AstonThriller
smetro
LVBrit
big ming
mefromhere
VTID85
Trotters
De Kuip
deadbuzzardalive
25 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 6 Empty Re: Next Manager - I want names

Post by smetro Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:57 am

AstonThriller wrote:
smetro wrote:That list is a reality check - its kinda why I hope bruce limps on - I just hope that a decent manager unexpectedly becomes available and falls into villa park.
I d expect JT to be caretaker manager - with Pardew\Moyes stepping in if he does shit

What list? The bollox one bookie has put together? Laughing

Im not defending Bruce but right now I just don't see anyone else available. I know you're keen on Karanka - but don't think it will be him which depressingly leads us to Pardew \ Moyes or Terry
smetro
smetro

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:04 am

I'm not even sure if it's worth thinking about who's going to be the next manager, it's kind of depressing whilst Bruce is still here, and there doesn't seem to be any indication he's going to lose his job whatsoever.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:28 am

smetro wrote:

Im not defending Bruce but right now I just don't see anyone else available. I know you're keen on Karanka - but don't think it will be him which depressingly leads us to Pardew \ Moyes or Terry

And why wouldn't it be him? Has he shagged Wyness's wife or something? Laughing There are plenty of options if you broaden your knowledge of coaches Smetro.

And btw, Pardew would be a much better option than the clown we have incharge right now imo.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 6 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:08 am

I think Karanka would be one of the more likely options, as he's got experience of this league and of getting promoted. Pardew would be a better option than Bruce, for the simple fact that he'd at least have a go, and not treat every team we play as if they're Barcelona; he's more of an impact manager really and as such reminds me of Sherwood, but with Pardew the impact usually lasts for at least a season, rather than a few games.

But as has been said many times already we really need to get with the times and appoint a manager who will bring us into the modern game, as it stands we're being left behind.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:01 am

AstonThriller wrote:
smetro wrote:

And why wouldn't it be him? Has he shagged Wyness's wife or something? Laughing There are plenty of options if you broaden your knowledge of coaches Smetro.

And btw, Pardew would be a much better option than the clown we have incharge right now imo.

Im not choosing the manager mate. I just don't think the next one will be Karanka.

I don't have a vast knowledge of coaches - I will admit to that. The club could go totally left field and bring in an unknown - but IMO the next manager is likely to be from that list should we axe bruce in the next couple of weeks.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:31 am

smetro wrote:

Im not choosing the manager mate. I just don't think the next one will be Karanka.

I don't have a vast knowledge of coaches - I will admit to that. The club could go totally left field and bring in an unknown - but IMO the next manager is likely to be from that list should we axe bruce in the next couple of weeks.

But it's easy to "think" something without having any evidence to back up that notion? I mean if you "thought" that we wouldn't be getting Conte as a replacement, then that would be perfectly logical because the man is a born winner and belongs at a much higher level than the championship. But to think that Karanka, who is a FREE AGENT, who has vast EXPERIENCE IN THIS DIVISION, WHO HAS BEEN PROMOTED from this division and has already hailed our squad as "one of the best in this division", wouldn't be an option for the club, then to me you're being a tad naive tbh. But in all honesty when one thinks about your apparent dislike of foreign managers, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:40 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I think Karanka would be one of the more likely options, as he's got experience of this league and of getting promoted. Pardew would be a better option than Bruce, for the simple fact that he'd at least have a go, and not treat every team we play as if they're Barcelona; he's more of an impact manager really and as such reminds me of Sherwood, but with Pardew the impact usually lasts for at least a season, rather than a few games.

But as has been said many times already we really need to get with the times and appoint a manager who will bring us into the modern game, as it stands we're being left behind.

It's not just his experience of this league. It's the fact that he took Boro from near the bottom of the championship and guided them to twelfth (eight points away from the play-offs). Then the next year he guided them to fourth (one point behind 3rd and just four points behind 2nd) and made it to the play-off final, the year after that he achieved automatic promotion by finishing second after beating Brighton in a virtual "winner takes it all" game. So in his last two years in this league he's had a blinder. And when you couple that with the fact that he's a young, modern coach, then what the f'#ck are we waiting for? The more I think about this board, more the sick I feel tbh.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:41 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
smetro wrote:

But it's easy to "think" something without having any evidence to back up that notion? I mean if you "thought" that we wouldn't be getting Conte as a replacement, then that would be perfectly logical because the man is a born winner and belongs at a much higher level than the championship. But to think that Karanka, who is a FREE AGENT, who has vast EXPERIENCE IN THIS DIVISION, WHO HAS BEEN PROMOTED from this division and has already hailed our squad as "one of the best in this division", wouldn't be an option for the club, then to me you're being a tad naive tbh. But in all honesty when one thinks about your apparent dislike of foreign managers, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised.

Your putting words into my my mouth:-

1.I am not opposed to foreign managers - I am opposed to crap foreign managers like Remi Garde who totally and utterly out of his depth as always looked likely to be

2.I wouldn't be opposed to Karanka - seems to have a reasonable record in this division as you rightly state

3. Do I think it will be Karanka ? no. Keith Wyness recently said only recently he is wary on those young modern manager types - throw in the fact he signed Traroe, and Gestede from us and I think Wyness would see enough red flags. I could be wrong but but didn't have have a running Feud with the Boro chairman ?

IMO the villa board will have Pardew much higher up the ranking than Karanka.

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:36 pm

Well at least Woy has gone to palace?
DelboyVilla

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:06 pm

Hodgson would have been infinitely better than Bruce.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:14 pm

True but so would Mr Potato Head out of Toy Story! Bruce is out of his depth and he is drowning our chances of promotion this season with him!

There are better choices than Woy! Xia needs to grow a pair and appoint one!
DelboyVilla

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:04 pm

smetro wrote:

1.I am not opposed to foreign managers - I am opposed to crap foreign managers like Remi Garde who totally and utterly out of his depth as always looked likely to be

2.I wouldn't be opposed to Karanka - seems to have a reasonable record in this division as you rightly state

3. Do I think it will be Karanka ? no. Keith Wyness recently said only recently he is wary on those young modern manager types - throw in the fact he signed Traroe, and Gestede from us and I think Wyness would see enough red flags. I could be wrong but but didn't have have a running Feud with the Boro chairman ?

IMO the villa board will have Pardew much higher up the ranking than Karanka.

I don't believe Wyness's word is the be all and end all though. From what I understand it's Round who is more responsible for selecting manager than Wyness, and Xia is the one who makes the final decision on things. And tbh ruling someone out because they are "younger" than potato head would be the most asinine thing I've ever heard of in this game. What counts is Karanka's recent record in this division, and the stats don't lie in that regard. Buying Adama and Gestede is neither here nor there. Even Sir Alex bought rubbish every now and then.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:28 pm

smetro wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:
smetro wrote:

That's pretty much all he does on this forum. No idea why he isn't just talking to himself instead.

Fwiw, I think it's refreshing to see some loyalty from our owners when it comes to Bruce.. He's pretty shit and deserves the sack, but this kinda patience is a rariety these days. I quite like it, yet I hate it.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:08 pm

Wyness is being loyal to a friend, if this was someone he didn't have a special relationship with they'd have been fired by now, it's starting to feel like Xia is being used.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:27 pm

Joppe84 wrote:

That's pretty much all he does on this forum. No idea why he isn't just talking to himself instead.

Oh look, the baby's CRYING again......... Next Manager - I want names  - Page 6 498107619
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:41 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:

Oh look, the baby's CRYING again......... Next Manager - I want names  - Page 6 498107619

I suppose it could be worse, he might be posting high and mighty posts about passing on his supreme knowledge to people close to Xia and the owner being deluded enough to not act upon it...................... Next Manager - I want names  - Page 6 1401410211
Dazzle
Dazzle

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:04 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if they've decided they're sticking with Bruce no matter what, Ho, Xia and Snodgrass, all said some interesting things when he signed, which made me think that could be the case.

Clotet is probably the contingency plan should we still be in this division next season (as it stands we're more likely to be in league one, than the Premier).
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:41 am

Dazzle wrote:

I suppose it could be worse, he might be posting high and mighty posts about passing on his supreme knowledge to people close to Xia and the owner being deluded enough to not act upon it...................... Next Manager - I want names  - Page 6 1401410211

Yeah because us "normal folk" could never have a decent idea that the club might want to take on board, could we? Bash

And btw, some of the people close to xia are actually active on social media, they aren't hard to contact.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:47 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if they've decided they're sticking with Bruce no matter what, Ho, Xia and Snodgrass, all said some interesting things when he signed, which made me think that could be the case.

Clotet is probably the contingency plan should we still be in this division next season (as it stands we're more likely to be in league one, than the Premier).

DBA, I know you're desperate for Bruce to go just like I am, but come on pal, do you really think they can tolerate this for too much longer? I just go back to the interview Wyness gave "TheVillaView", where he said "there's no excuses for us not getting promotion"...and then I go back and look at the tweet from Xia claiming "Yorke is right, this division is easy to get out of". So imo they would be absolute hypocrites of the highest order if they allow Bruce to carry on for much longer after making those statements.

The sad thing is, we're now gonna go into another match and probably waste more points because of their dithering. This is what bugs me the most tbh...this should have been done after the Reading game but they've dragged this out and it's probably to the cost of an automatic promotion place now.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:24 am

That's what I don't get, Wyness was talking about how everything is in place for success and there can be no excuses for failure, in separate interviews he talked about not being afraid to make the big decisions and how we need to be looking at scoring eighty goals if we want promotion.

At the moment we're in a horrible situation whereby we win or draw a game and it's detrimental to our future because it keeps Bruce in a job, lose and we fall off the pace even more, and even then there's no guarantee that they'll even make a change.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:09 am

It shouldn't be so hard. The barcodes are hardly a flush & well oiled machine of a club & yet they've dropped down, gone up again in one season & are currently middle of the PL table; all with a manager that had no Championship experience. But he has a technically sound reading of the game. The rallying cry, motivate-the-team-&-everything-else-will-fall-into-place managers like O'Neil, Sherwood & Bruce just don't cut it anymore unless you're in a cup match or a derby. It only takes a rudimentary level of investigation to find out which category managers fall under.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Next Manager - I want names  - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:33 am

Xia apparently also following Meulensteen, when you think that both he and Clotet have been successful coaches, then maybe that's the direction they're looking in, rather than a new manager.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:21 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Xia apparently also following Meulensteen, when you think that both he and Clotet have been successful coaches, then maybe that's the direction they're looking in, rather than a new manager.

Meulensteen has by all accounts just been appointed head coach of a team in India. Hasn't even had his first game yet so can't see there being anything in that.

To me Karanka just ticks all the boxes tbh. Yes he appears to be a little hot tempered and likes to focus on his defense a lot. But I just think with the attacking players we have at the club, he'd absolutely thrive here. For Boro he played Adomah on the left-wing which garnered good results, and had De-laet ar right-back too. He also tried to sign Snodgrass so the guy would really love his options here I think.

If not him then I'd be intrigued to see what De boar could do with us!!!..just a clean slate and the space to implement his philosophy into the club.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:40 pm

Xia seemingly has an interest in Indian football, so him following Meulsteen could be just linked to that.

As for De Boer, with him knowing the Ajax way and how they've been very successful at bringing through their academy players, something that Xia seemingly wants to happen at Villa, then you'd think he'd have to be under serious consideration.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:07 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Xia seemingly has an interest in Indian football, so him following Meulsteen could be just linked to that.

As for De Boer, with him knowing the Ajax way and how they've been very successful at bringing through their academy players, something that Xia seemingly wants to happen at Villa, then you'd think he'd have to be under serious consideration.

Think it's a great chance to finally put a system in place. De Boar will be hurting from what happened at Palace and IF he came here and was a success, wouldn't he owe a lot to this club for giving him a chance in his lowest moment? Think it would make sense tbh.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next