The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Names on Shirts ....Biifer, Thumper next ?

3 posters

Go down

Names on Shirts ....Biifer, Thumper next ? Empty Names on Shirts ....Biifer, Thumper next ?

Post by smetro Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:59 am

I ve never liked names on shirts or squad numbers - should just be 1 - 11 like the good old days.

However names on shirts is now hitting a new low - it started with some guy from Man U - hernandez, I think who had chiquarito on his shirt - then we have 'Hulk' - and we have our very own 'Gueye' - who wants wants to be Gana.....

We are only the slippery slope folks in 10 years time we will be lining up as Thumper, Biffer, Jinky, Fridge, !!!!

smetro
smetro

Names on Shirts ....Biifer, Thumper next ? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Names on Shirts ....Biifer, Thumper next ? Empty Re: Names on Shirts ....Biifer, Thumper next ?

Post by 4BetLite Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:19 pm

wait till players sponsor's twig the idea of giving the players product related nicknames to boost branding...
4BetLite
4BetLite

Names on Shirts ....Biifer, Thumper next ? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Names on Shirts ....Biifer, Thumper next ? Empty Re: Names on Shirts ....Biifer, Thumper next ?

Post by DomAVFC Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:45 pm

smetro wrote:I ve never liked names on shirts or squad numbers - should just be 1 - 11 like the good old days.

However names on shirts is now hitting a new low - it started with some guy from Man U - hernandez, I think who had chiquarito on his shirt - then we have 'Hulk' - and we have our very own 'Gueye' - who wants wants to be Gana.....

We are only the slippery slope folks in 10 years time we will be lining up as Thumper, Biffer, Jinky, Fridge,  !!!!

Laughing Ah yes, Hulk, he got that nickname by being the biggest player in the J-League in Japan years ago and playing for a team whose home colours are green (I believe). I personally just have the number 13 because it's my birthday and my lucky number. Agreed though, we are on a slippery slope with this one as far as advertising goes! Think how many people by a Man U shirt around the world just so they can have "Rooney" on the back of it, or a Real Madrid shirt just to have "Ronaldo" on it; some of the clubs must be getting silly money from that. Still, football is, unfortunately, a business these days, so clubs will try any trick to bring in more money!
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Names on Shirts ....Biifer, Thumper next ? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down