The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Cardiff City v Aston Villa Match thread

+12
LVBrit
mefromhere
holtehero
smetro
VTID85
Trotters
NARLA24
Gordonsleftboot
Villa_Dan
Saunders82
De Kuip
deadbuzzardalive
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Cardiff City v Aston Villa  Match thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Cardiff City v Aston Villa Match thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:48 pm

Bruce's excuses will be injuries and FFP, and how we should have got stuck in more, rather than talking about actual tactics, he'll probably also mention Newcastle losing their first two games last season.

I don't want to see Xia tweeting about sticking together, Bruce needs to go.
deadbuzzardalive

Cardiff City v Aston Villa  Match thread - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Cardiff City v Aston Villa  Match thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Cardiff City v Aston Villa Match thread

Post by mefromhere Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:51 pm

I'd call James Chester's defending schoolboy ... but that would be an insult to schoolboys across the land
mefromhere
mefromhere

Cardiff City v Aston Villa  Match thread - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:54 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Bruce's excuses will be injuries and FFP, and how we should have got stuck in more, rather than talking about actual tactics, he'll probably also mention Newcastle losing their first two games last season.

I don't want to see Xia tweeting about sticking together, Bruce needs to go.

A bit like I couldn't criticise our defending because there wasn't any, no way can Bruce talk about tactics as there weren't any.
As I said before, I don't give a fuck about the merry go round, as far as I'm concerned Bruce is keeping a decent manager out of the VP job.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Cardiff City v Aston Villa  Match thread - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:16 pm

Saunders82 wrote:2 nil Villa for me, I think we will see a big change this week.

Duh, I could'nt pick my nose. Cardiff City v Aston Villa  Match thread - Page 3 1327487109
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:19 pm

It really is something when you can't bring your level of optimism up to predict anything but a dull draw and then find out you were far far too optimistic.
Trotters
Trotters

Cardiff City v Aston Villa  Match thread - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:40 pm

I've just watched the high lights from today on sky and I can't believe how bad we were, shocking, we gave the ball away too easily with sloppy play for the first two goals, then Cardiff thought they were Real Madrid and took us apart. I don't lnow what we practice at BMH all week but it aint football:wall:
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by LVBrit Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:48 pm

Watched the whole game on AVTV live and quite frankly am amazed they managed to find any highlights. Absolutely shocking performance (and i use the word performance very loosely). This team is going backwards (and sideways) under Bruce, time to pull the trigger me thinks as i really do not see this improving.
LVBrit

Cardiff City v Aston Villa  Match thread - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:43 pm

LVBrit wrote:Watched the whole game on AVTV live and quite frankly am amazed they managed to find any highlights. Absolutely shocking performance (and i use the word performance very loosely). This team is going backwards (and sideways) under Bruce, time to pull the trigger me thinks as i really do not see this improving.

What an indictment of a team put together at great expense to get promotion. Cardiff City v Aston Villa  Match thread - Page 3 1787200310 Cardiff City v Aston Villa  Match thread - Page 3 1787200310
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:52 pm

Saunders82 wrote:
LVBrit wrote:Watched the whole game on AVTV live and quite frankly am amazed they managed to find any highlights. Absolutely shocking performance (and i use the word performance very loosely). This team is going backwards (and sideways) under Bruce, time to pull the trigger me thinks as i really do not see this improving.

What an indictment of a team put together at great expense to get promotion. Cardiff City v Aston Villa  Match thread - Page 3 1787200310 Cardiff City v Aston Villa  Match thread - Page 3 1787200310  

It beggars belief, it really does. Cardiff City v Aston Villa  Match thread - Page 3 1401410211
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:39 pm

Performances have gotten worse and we have now stagnated at quite a poor level. For 8 or so games the team showed more promising traits under RDM. It's a really damning indictment on Bruce and the coaching staff that they signed three players excelling at other other clubs in the same league and have made them look shit. I can't remember the last decent performance Lansbury put in, he's getting worse. Hourihane we couldn't really comment fairly on as Bruce can't find a place for a guy that he was apparently over the moon to have gotten in January. There has been no method or identifiable pattern to Villa's play since he took over, just comments about needing real men and leaders. I knew we were wasting opportunity after RDM by not appointing someone like a Wagner, someone who clearly comes from a background with a philosophy and forward thinking outlook. A few of us here said the championship had evolved and that clubs looking to be successful in it had to be smarter and tactically good, we chose a different path and continue to look dumb. Steve Bruce at his age isn't suddenly going to change and become a master of the modern coach technique, I'm not sure he even is that involved with the day to day coaching? Most other perceived smaller clubs in the premier league or championship are miles in front of Villa with their set ups, clubs such as Southampton, Watford, Fulham, Huddersfield, Brighton, Bournemouth, Swansea. They all used their time outside of the premier league to reshape themselves and set a future path in motion. Villa by comparison have decided that the good old fashioned way is the way forward..........working well so far
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:34 pm

I just watched the 10-minute highlights and it shows an early attempt by Hogan and a header off the bar from Chester and about nine-and-a-half minutes of Cardiff absolutely dominating us and firing off shots at goal at will. The stats on the BBC show we had 65% possession, 10 shots to their 15, of which one of ours was on target and... 12 of theirs. A few questions:

Did we try a 4-4-2 and get pissed on in midfield?

if so, who was on the left wing and did Elmohamady help out Hutton at all?

Was Adomah any better than Elmohamady?

Was there a game plan or was it simply lump it forward every time for Gabby or Hogan to lose, hope Johnstone can save the inevitable strike (that's one shot from Cardiff on target on average every eight minutes) and repeat?

It's a joke that we were bookies' favourites for the league, anyone who saw Bruce's Villa last season would have seen that. We scored 47 goals in the Championship in 2016-2017, with Kodjia (19), Grealish (5), Gestede (4), McCormack (3), Ayew (2) and Tish (1) all gone or currently injured (that's a total of 34 goals, or 72% of goals scored) and our two current strikers on a grand total of 2 goals, albeit from 13 starts and 13 subs appearances between them.

Another statistic: our midfield scored 12 goals last season, or just under one every four matches.

Going on how we've looked in the first three matches, and I appreciate it's early in the season, we're going to be lucky to finish mid-table.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:53 pm

It was a lot of "if it's in the air, at least they don't have it until it comes down" garbage.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:34 am

VTID85 wrote:It was a lot of "if it's in the air, at least they don't have it until it comes down" garbage.

Was Johnstone told to do one thing when he had the ball (kick long to Elmo or strikers or whatever) and not deviate from that no matter what happened?

I suppose I'll find out tomorrow at Reading. To think I was really looking forward to that!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:05 am

FoxyAV wrote:
VTID85 wrote:It was a lot of "if it's in the air, at least they don't have it until it comes down" garbage.

Was Johnstone told to do one thing when he had the ball (kick long to Elmo or strikers or whatever) and not deviate from that no matter what happened?

I suppose I'll find out tomorrow at Reading. To think I was really looking forward to that!

Not always a long ball to be fair to him but then when he gives the ball to the defenders who play Hutton in who then charges down the wing & 'attempts' to cross to his centre forward one of 2 things generally happpen:

1. The cross is cut out & Hutton is then left way out of position
2. The cross comes in & our 1.80m tall striker can't quite compete withe the 2 centre backs marking him ( 1.94m & 1.92m )

So then we hit it long for Hogan to try & win in the air (see point 2 above ) or Gabby to chase & try point 1 above....

Hogan plays off the shoulder & loves a good slide rule pass... Hourhane could does this but not from the bench as I believe this maybe against the rules. The lad from Spurs looked like he could do this too but on Saturday he was often sat way too deep ( sounds familiar )

I don't know what they coach during the week or want game plan they go out with but never seem to match the squad of players we have & herein lies the problem.....

I'm all for backing the manager but he needs to give some glimmer of recognition of the problems at some point.... but no he doesn't know what the answer is.....

Sorry for the rant but having had a good early afternoon in the bars in Cardiff the game ruined my day....

BUT 'we go again' Cardiff City v Aston Villa  Match thread - Page 3 4025243045 I'll get my coat
1Elliot
1Elliot

Cardiff City v Aston Villa  Match thread - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:00 pm

I imagine the team talk before the game going like this:-

'Sam, when you get the wham it to Elmo and he will flick it on! OK! None of this tippy tappy passing stuff yous lot are rubbish at that, like! Eh Big Al?'

'What will happen next is the other side will start all that tippy tappy shite most like, so midfielders you don't move away from the defenders! EVER!! Gabby and Scotty you follow the ball when they doin' all that fancy stuff in the centre. Don't run too much mind all you'll be knackered, like! Especially you Gabby!!'

'Now all we have to do is hope that they haven't realized that Big Al here is total Dogshite and they stay away from that side!!!! Yes Big Al, you run then kick ball to man far away, no not on the green bit the one sitting in your chair!'

'So generally let the other side have the ball and we will all stand in front of Sam and stop the ball from getting in the goal!!! Any one not understand? OK, any one apart from Big Al not understand?'
DelboyVilla

Cardiff City v Aston Villa  Match thread - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:07 pm

1Elliot wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

Hourhane could do this but not from the bench as I believe this maybe against the rules.

That line made me laugh a lot.....lol!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Cardiff City v Aston Villa  Match thread - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3