The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Wolves v Aston Villa 5.30pm Saturday 14th January 2017

+16
DelboyVilla
Dazzle
NARLA24
Trotters
danclare82
mefromhere
smetro
Boldfinger
De Kuip
FoxyAV
deadbuzzardalive
4BetLite
The Utterer
Cha Ching
Jae1411
avfc forever
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wolves v Aston Villa 5.30pm Saturday 14th January 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolves v Aston Villa 5.30pm Saturday 14th January 2017

Post by The Utterer Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:45 pm

Not a cat in Hells chance of this tripe challenging for the playoffs this season. lol!
The Utterer
The Utterer

Wolves v Aston Villa 5.30pm Saturday 14th January 2017 - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Wolves v Aston Villa 5.30pm Saturday 14th January 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolves v Aston Villa 5.30pm Saturday 14th January 2017

Post by 4BetLite Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:48 pm

We were winning ugly, however, our poor run of results seems to have coincided with the re-introduction of a certain fatcunt striker(pfff) and maybe a substandard champions league wanna be.

No one knows how to play off the ball and there are no partnerships being developed. The pressure is intense and it shows in the desperation of some of the passing and headless chicken sprinting that comes to nothing.

We need to learn how to play as a team, with shape, with a game plan, FUCK ME this was frustrating, noT one or em can cross a ball.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH! FUCKSAKE
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:51 pm

We were always going to be up against things cos Lambert knows what a load of crap we have.To all those who are saying we won't go up this year so just save the money for the summer RUBBISH we have to give it a go NOW even if it costs loads of money, if we don't then we will have too much to do in the summer, give it a go NOW then if it fails we will still have a good start for next season, if we can inject some spirit into this team now even if we miss out it will do us good for next season, PLUS I can't stand the thought of this S**t for any longer, no one looks for the ball, no one wants the ball, thats why so many passes get intercepted the players run away from it, no one makes runs into the box so no space is made and no goals either. Wolves v Aston Villa 5.30pm Saturday 14th January 2017 - Page 3 1015550615
Saunders82
Saunders82

Wolves v Aston Villa 5.30pm Saturday 14th January 2017 - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:28 pm

If I didn't know better I'd think we were jinxed. No matter the personnel it's always the same old poor performances. Yet a lot of these players we've had in the past or have now, and some of the managers when at other clubs seem to do perfectly fine, in fact a lot of them excel.

There must be some rational reason behind it but the answer beats me. No longer do we have the excuse of a lack of investment.
deadbuzzardalive

Wolves v Aston Villa 5.30pm Saturday 14th January 2017 - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:43 pm

There are teams that will go out tomorrow morning in parks across the country that will play as a team better than that lot tonight and that is embarrassing.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:18 pm

It feels like we're back to Lambert's brand of basic hit-and-hope football*. From what I watched before I had to turn off, every kick from our goalie went straight back to the opposition. Gabby has never been a Benteke type, he can neither bring down the ball nor retain it/pass it on to someone else. He just looks like a shit version of Andy Carroll on a bad day. Like the Lambert days, the midfield (with the exception of Adomah) is there purely to punt the ball over going forward, and to offer a second line of defence when they take the ball from us. It feels like we have three defensive midfielders on the pitch. At least Amavi and Hutton had a go. The latter would get my MOTM award for the first half just from sheer effort alone. We looked utter shit and made it look like the manager doesn't have a clue what he's doing. I haven't a clue what the answer is but from that display I'd keep Adomah, Chester, Amavi (yes, yes, I know) and Tshibola, and possibly the goalie (I'm assuming he was told to punt the ball long every time despite it not working). I'm not entirely sure what the rest of them thought they were there for.

*the irony being his team today played through the midfield as much as they did try long balls
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:13 pm

Saunders82 wrote:We were always going to be up against things cos Lambert knows what a load of crap we have.To all those who are saying we won't go up this year so just save the money for the summer RUBBISH we have to give it a go NOW even if it costs loads of money, if we don't then we will have too much to do in the summer, give it a go NOW then if it fails we will still have a good start for next season, if we can inject some spirit into this team now even if we miss out it will do us good for next season, PLUS I can't stand the thought of this S**t for any longer, no one looks for the ball, no one wants the ball, thats why so many passes get intercepted the players run away from it, no one makes runs into the box so no space is made and no goals either. Wolves v Aston Villa 5.30pm Saturday 14th January 2017 - Page 3 1015550615

Mate I don't think anybody is saying don't spend in the windows, I think what you are seeing is a mix of despair regarding performance, realisation that were miles off even the top 6 and frustration around even the basics being absent. Of course I think we should still have the attitude of "go for it" but I've also said a good few times that I don't think it would be the right thing for us to go straight back up as the club has been fractured from top to bottom for too long. You don't fix that and then build again to stay in the Prem in 2 windows, you just don't.
I always saw this as a 2 year project but what has shocked me is how poor we are. We were so very badly served by RDM and I really hope SB can sort it, not only to put some stability into the club, not only for the fans' sake - and fuck me we deserve a bit of joy - but also because I think Xia could be a great owner as long as he sees growth and isn't discouraged enough to give up.
But this shit needs putting right quickly, and for me that begins with a wholesale player replacement programme which is easier said than done in a January window.
Christ I've depressed myself now!!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Wolves v Aston Villa 5.30pm Saturday 14th January 2017 - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:15 pm

I always try to find some kind of positive but today I am struggling.
I never thought we would get auto promotion but with the DR's investment and big Brucie coming in I thought we would make the playoffs but now I am sitting here knowing we will have another year in the championship. We have about 7 good players and the rest are shit. We don't even look like a team.
Very poor villa.
I love villa and this shite hurts every week.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:17 pm

De Kuip wrote:
Saunders82 wrote:We were always going to be up against things cos Lambert knows what a load of crap we have.To all those who are saying we won't go up this year so just save the money for the summer RUBBISH we have to give it a go NOW even if it costs loads of money, if we don't then we will have too much to do in the summer, give it a go NOW then if it fails we will still have a good start for next season, if we can inject some spirit into this team now even if we miss out it will do us good for next season, PLUS I can't stand the thought of this S**t for any longer, no one looks for the ball, no one wants the ball, thats why so many passes get intercepted the players run away from it, no one makes runs into the box so no space is made and no goals either. Wolves v Aston Villa 5.30pm Saturday 14th January 2017 - Page 3 1015550615

Mate I don't think anybody is saying don't spend in the windows, I think what you are seeing is a mix of despair regarding performance, realisation that were miles off even the top 6 and frustration around even the basics being absent. Of course I think we should still have the attitude of "go for it" but I've also said a good few times that I don't think it would be the right thing for us to go straight back up as the club has been fractured from top to bottom for too long. You don't fix that and then build again to stay in the Prem in 2 windows, you just don't.
I always saw this as a 2 year project but what  has shocked me is how poor we are. We were so very badly served by RDM and I really hope SB can sort it, not only to put some stability into the club, not only for the fans' sake - and fuck me we deserve a bit of joy - but also because I think Xia could be a great owner as long as he sees growth and isn't discouraged enough to give up.
But this shit needs putting right quickly, and for me that begins with a wholesale player replacement programme which is easier said than done in a January window.

Spot on.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:21 pm

De Kuip wrote:

I always saw this as a 2 year project but what  has shocked me is how poor we are. We were so very badly served by RDM and I really hope SB can sort it, not only to put some stability into the club, not only for the fans' sake - and fuck me we deserve a bit of joy - but also because I think Xia could be a great owner as long as he sees growth and isn't discouraged enough to give up.

I see where you are coming from but this crap needs to be sorted and it should start now, yes I'm with you that it could be too much for a January BUT it needs to be started  NOW
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:45 pm

One thing its important to cling to for the rest of the season is the home record. We keep that intact and we have a great base to build on for next season.

I think this season we have stopped the rot - but we have yet to start really pushing in the right direction. We dropped through the prem at 100mph - the brakes have gone on - but that its it!

#cliche overload !
I will go now as to many cooks spoil the broth, and tomorrow is another day, the hour is darkest before dawn etc !
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:21 pm

I think we have got to start questioning some of the tactics we are trying now too.

Long ball to Gabby and McCormack? Poor. And that was it. The only tactic.

There is zero movement off the ball and without that what chance do we have. Long ball becomes the only way to play.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:49 pm

I couldn't believe what I was seeing 1St half. Play gabby and rmc upfront and pump long balls up all game. Ffs we should of kept gestede if that's the gameplan. Really pleased with Bruces ability to win games we would of lost under rdm but that's stopped now and performances are getting worse. Really hope lansbury and hourihane come in and they don't freeze like a lot of 'good' players we sign seen to do.
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:45 am

Saunders82 wrote:We are TOOTHLESS, if Brucie thinks we don't need a striker then he must be friggin blind. Whats the point of having loads of money (apparently) and we don't use it, this team/squad is not good enough to get promotion. And now the Dingles are singin Sh*t on the Villa, McGrath  hell us.

I would rip them all a new arsehole for that.

With all do respect a world class striker even would make fuck all difference as we are hardly in the opponents box. With the exception of McCormack's header we had nothing.

First we need to establish a game plan, pass and move etc. before we even consider having a striker problem.

We are so bad that fundamentals as pass and move, ball recovery, intensity, width and pace, they are all non existant.

First we gotta figure out the basics before we go further.

The reason we're struggling is because we're lacking the fundamentals and we're incredibly easy to defend against. We need pace, fight, width and directness. We're lacking everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:36 am

I really don't know what to say?

3 shots all game and none on target?

Outplayed and out battled by a very ordinary Wolves side managed by one of our recently rejected managers.

The only team that looked like scoring the next goal was Wolves, we couldn't score if we stayed there all night?

And Bruce insists on playing Gabby week in week out. A man who has only ever scored in a brothel?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:13 am

I've not watched the game yet; been at the beach all day. Gotta say I'm kind of looking fwd to seeing how bad we actually were!
Trotters
Trotters

Wolves v Aston Villa 5.30pm Saturday 14th January 2017 - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:18 am

We were complete dogshite, fucking dogshite. Play offs? Not now unless something dramatically changes.
Bottom half of the table again. Fuck my life really.
There had better be a plan in place for some quality signings or we could well be looking over our shoulder come the end of the season.
Gabby should not even be on the bloody pitch!!!!! What is going on, because i am fucked if i know.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Wolves v Aston Villa 5.30pm Saturday 14th January 2017 - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:20 am

Once again performances are deteriorating, the difference being that this time it was expected. I make no apologies for laying blame at the feet of management, as it's their decision to let Gestede leave without an immediate replacement to come in. That now begins to look a disastrous decision if the long ball tactic is now being implemented in the absence of our only worthwhile player, Kodjia. We've known him and Ayew were going to be away for months, we've known Gabby is, shall we say, "limited". Was anybody else utterly dismayed when Davis was brought on in the 88th minute? An utterly pointless time to bring the lad on. As mentioned by others here, that was an ordinary Wolves team. And we've just been comprehensively outplayed over the entire game by them. Maybe Bruce has given up on the season and is laying foundations for next season already, but that's one hell of a gamble given how shit we are and how much advantage anyone relegated from the premier will have over us. Not to mention how any players we might have been close to signing this window might now be looking elsewhere, anywhere but that shit football team at the Villa.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:57 am

Trotters wrote:I've not watched the game yet; been at the beach all day. Gotta say I'm kind of looking fwd to seeing how bad we actually were!

Unless you are a masochist then don't bother!

Same old stuff we have seen over the past few years with just a few new faces thrown in?

I was willing to give Flabby a chance but he has had one and still looks as ineffective as ever and I would be amazed if he ever scores a goal ever again in a Villa shirt?

Elphick is a liability. Hutton even though he tries is an awful footballer. Bacuna cannot pass. Adomah cannot beat a man. I can't go on it's too depressing!

Our tactics seem to be long ball as well and we just sold our only target man! Genius!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:27 am

The only consolation I can think of right now is that of the three televised games I watched over the last three nights, this shit wasn't the worst. Reading X QPR and Leeds X Derby were equally horrendous, the standard in this league really is poor for the most part.

The top 6 seem pretty static and could well stay that way, with the exception of Derby pushing a little harder and upsetting one of them I can quite easily imagine we've got our winners, runners up and play-off participants confirmed, it's just a matter of what order the 6 teams now finish in. For us, to be between 7th and 12th come final day would be a good result I think, particularly if Brum finish below us for obvious reasons (and Norwich...and Forest).
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:26 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
Saunders82 wrote:We are TOOTHLESS, if Brucie thinks we don't need a striker then he must be friggin blind. Whats the point of having loads of money (apparently) and we don't use it, this team/squad is not good enough to get promotion. And now the Dingles are singin Sh*t on the Villa, McGrath  hell us.

With all do respect a world class striker even would make fuck all difference as we are hardly in the opponents box. With the exception of McCormack's header we had nothing.

First we need to establish a game plan, pass and move etc. before we even consider having a striker problem.

We are so bad that fundamentals as pass and move, ball recovery, intensity, width and pace, they are all non existant.

The reason we're struggling is because we're lacking the fundamentals and we're incredibly easy to defend against. We need pace, fight, width and directness. We're lacking everything.

I can live with some of your points, but I would suggest we don't get the ball into the box cos we don't have a goal scorer, when we had Benteke we always tried to get it into the box or to him as we Knew he would make something happen. We are always second best for the loose ball because no one is moving, football is simply IMO move find space control the ball & then pass & move etc, no of which lots of our team seem to do. Wolves v Aston Villa 5.30pm Saturday 14th January 2017 - Page 3 1327487109
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:27 pm

Trotters wrote:I've not watched the game yet; been at the beach all day. Gotta say I'm kind of looking fwd to seeing how bad we actually were!

Sorry Trotters you should have stayed on the beach Wolves v Aston Villa 5.30pm Saturday 14th January 2017 - Page 3 4025243045
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:29 pm

NARLA24 wrote:We were complete dogshite, fucking dogshite. Play offs? Not now unless something dramatically changes.
Bottom half of the table again. Fuck my life really.
There had better be a plan in place for some quality signings or we could well be looking over our shoulder come the end of the season.
Gabby should not even be on the bloody pitch!!!!! What is going on, because i am fucked if i know.

Narla have you got any info to share to brighten up our poxy weekend. Scarf Waving
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:42 pm

Saunders82 wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:

I can live with some of your points, but I would suggest we don't get the ball into the box cos we don't have a goal scorer, when we had Benteke we always tried to get it into the box or to him as we Knew he would make something happen. We are always second best for the loose ball because no one is moving, football is simply IMO move find space control the ball & then pass & move etc, no of which lots of our team seem to do. Wolves v Aston Villa 5.30pm Saturday 14th January 2017 - Page 3 1327487109

Thats the one think that McCormack does appear to do, pointing to channels to push the ball. Unfortunately no-one else is on the same hymn sheet
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:12 pm

Having stood in the fucking cold cesspit that is Molinyeux I only just now felt ready to post.

What an embarrassing and gutless display. Bruce has to take some blame but not a single Villa player left that grond with any pride. And after about 10 minutes the away fans completely went flat. 

Shite all round. 

But I got spotted on Sky by a lad I work with at least
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3