The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

January '17 Transfer Window

+48
Terry Derry
avfc85
Cha Ching
Army villain
Synopsis
UnclePanda
Villa Ranger
Keyser Soze
Con
avfcjoe
achilles
Wriggle
ember
Wookster
Saunders82
The Utterer
1Elliot
Jae1411
Trotters
Boldfinger
deadbuzzardalive
andrew24561
FoxyAV
ConnorMorgan
gaffer85
Andyh
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
smetro
Barabass
danclare82
Dazzle
De Kuip
Villa_Dan
Gordonsleftboot
4BetLite
mefromhere
avfc forever
edvilla86
jeffvilla
AstonThriller
DelboyVilla
VTID85
VillaBill
WendyOz
DaveAV1
CoE82
Morpheus
52 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 21 Empty Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by Trotters Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:15 am

I'd not considered that! I've only been thinking of our dwindling parachute payments and thought nothing of the teams coming down at the end of this season with unbelievable bank balances.
Trotters
Trotters

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 21 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:35 am

RDM really shafted us didn't he? January '17 Transfer Window - Page 21 1715320296

Well Lansbury will be an improvement on the creative side of midfield and hopefully with a another to come in that's the midfield sorted for now?

The left side needs someone which appears like we are looking at now. That leaves RB and CB cover. Bruce has a good relationship with Wenger so maybe we need to arid their U23's?
DelboyVilla

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 21 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:22 am

Media talk of "talks" breaking down between Villa and Norwich over a Brady/McCormack swap deal, apparently Norwich asking for some money on top and Villa saying no. If there was any substance to this reporting then we would be mad, I said at the time that McCormack was overpriced and on his first 6 months showing that value has gone down. Given that there are Premier offers for Brady of £10m, I'd say that Villa should be swallowing a bitter pill and offering McCormack + £2m, possibly £3m if Bruce really wants him. We are seeing now just how far we have slipped down the pecking order by falling out of the Premier League. Unless we pay eye watering sums to clubs and players they will choose a Premier League club such as a WBA or a Crystal Palace. That how low Lerner took us.
Dazzle
Dazzle

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 21 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:23 am

De Kuip wrote:From a footballing point of view - and that's what it has to be about at the end of the day - I'd be less than thrilled at Downing. What I'm not sure about is (and I can't believe this given the amount of "Captains" we signed) if it is true that there aren't any elder statesmen professionals to shake things up behind the scenes, is Downing that sort?
To be honest whilst he could call on lots of top-flight experience, he never struck me as a motivator of fellow team mates, so from both a footballing standpoint and what he would bring to the dressing room, it's a big "no" from me.
Mind you, he'd be an improvement on Grealish down the left hand side, although that's not difficult at present is it?

fully agree

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:29 am

We need to go up as soon as possible, every year spend out of the Premier is another year added to the failure of the last five years, and we need to end that cycle.

But with the money thing, I think I'm right in saying that we get parachute payments for a few years yet, on top of the money Xia's willing to put in, and I get the feeling with his connections he might be able to get us some good sponsorship deals. Besides as we're demonstrating ourselves at the moment, money doesn't guarantee success in this division.
deadbuzzardalive

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 21 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:34 am

How's this for media talk; The Sun have just pulled a story about Tish sucking on a balloon of hippy crack as it's turned out it was just a party balloon for his birthday.
Trotters
Trotters

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 21 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:35 am

Trotters wrote:How's this for media talk; The Sun have just pulled a story about Tish sucking on a balloon of hippy crack as it's turned out it was just a party balloon for his birthday.

shocking, horrible little bastards from the Sun

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:46 am

Trotters wrote:How's this for media talk; The Sun have just pulled a story about Tish sucking on a balloon of hippy crack as it's turned out it was just a party balloon for his birthday.

Truly nasty little pathetic people always looking for the worst in folks?

I am really worried that we will not go up this season? People give the impression that if we get to the play off's that's it we are up. Remember we have at best a 25% chance and it all depends on where we finish? Our dropped points in the first 11 games has really hurt us especially as we were usually in a winning position sometime during the match?

We need to go on a record braking run but without reinforcements that is too difficult!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:55 am

There's apparently a delay with the Forest takeover, which will probably affect our pursuit of Lansbury.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:18 am

DelboyVilla wrote:

Truly nasty little pathetic people always looking for the worst in folks?

I am really worried that we will not go up this season? People give the impression that if we get to the play off's that's it we are up. Remember we have at best a 25% chance and it all depends on where we finish? Our dropped points in the first 11 games has really hurt us especially as we were usually in a winning position sometime during the match?

We need to go on a record braking run but without reinforcements that is too difficult!

We could be as good as out of the running come the end of January. We need a minimum 7pts from the next available 9 to remain on the coat tails of the top 6, defeat at an improving Wolves at the weekend will further diminish our prospects of attracting players required this window. The pressure is increasing on the men at the top, no doubt.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:24 am

Dare I say it's beginning to look rather stupid letting Gestede go before having a replacement in...........
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:28 am

Alan Nixon‏@reluctantnicko Villa and Barnsley talks over Bree fee continue. Getting closer. Very smart signing if they get him.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:57 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Alan Nixon‏@reluctantnicko Villa and Barnsley talks over Bree fee continue. Getting closer. Very smart signing if they get him.

Make it a double signing with Hourihane! January '17 Transfer Window - Page 21 1520050566 Dancing Banana January '17 Transfer Window - Page 21 1520050566
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:14 am

I think we can safely say that this transfer window will define our season.

We might have to take risks (i.e. potential swap Brady/McCormack) to get the squad that Bruce wants but we have to take it. We cannot wait for Lansbury so we move onto the next target. Personally I prefer this league as I hate the PL so much and everything it stands for BUT we have to be in the PL otherwise we will fade into obscurity. Any side in the PL will potentially attract players before us and that includes Hull, WBA, Crystal Palace, etc, just how far we have fallen!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:02 pm

jimbop wrote:

shocking, horrible little bastards from the Sun

The Sun is the only thing I agree with Liverpuddle fans about.
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 21 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:09 pm

achilles wrote:I think we can safely say that this transfer window will define our season.

We might have to take risks (i.e. potential swap Brady/McCormack) to get the squad that Bruce wants but we have to take it. We cannot wait for Lansbury so we move onto the next target. Personally I prefer this league as I hate the PL so much and everything it stands for BUT we have to be in the PL otherwise we will fade into obscurity. Any side in the PL will potentially attract players before us and that includes Hull, WBA, Crystal Palace, etc, just how far we have fallen!

I don't.

Its a big ask to make the play offs due to the awful start under RDM. We are not exactly raining goals - nor are we creating many chances. Personally I don't think a couple of £3-4m players plus a couple of loans will make significant difference.
The link to the Barnsley full back maybe an indicator that SB already has one eye on next season.

The above isn't criticize anyone at the club - but thats just my reading of the likelihood of us making the play offs.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:05 pm

@patmurphybbc
Both Hourihane & Bree may b hard 2 get for @AVFCOfficial as they're out of contract in summer & some top clubs eyeing them.But AV interested
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:01 pm

Dazzle wrote:Dare I say it's beginning to look rather stupid letting Gestede go before having a replacement in...........

Almost as stupid as selling the striker who thrives on crosses and then trying to sign Brady/Schlupp to play on the opposite side to Adomah ... and what do those wingers do really well? CROSSES !!!

Of course, if we are going to sign wingers and then a striker that scores from crosses then that would show a management plan that I can't remember seeing ever at the Villa!
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:34 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:@patmurphybbc
Both Hourihane & Bree may b hard 2 get for @AVFCOfficial as they're out of contract in summer & some top clubs eyeing them.But AV interested

I actually checked his twitter account and I've never been so confused. Either I don't understand twitter or he is contradicting himself every other post.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:06 pm

I've just had a look and I can't see him contradicting himself. This is the first time he's mentioned Bree or Hourihane, and on Lansbury, he's been pretty consistent that nothing will happen until the takeover is complete.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:26 pm

Bruce is at the Man Utd vs Hull game.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:47 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I've just had a look and I can't see him contradicting himself. This is the first time he's mentioned Bree or Hourihane, and on Lansbury, he's been pretty consistent that nothing will happen until the takeover is complete.

Yeah I looked at the tweets he responded to I think. Sorry I'm clueless about that twitter twatter

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:26 am

Lots of noise about us amking an offering for Hourihane on the interweb today? Also that we are going to target Schlupp for 12m?

Hopefully things will hot up very soon?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:12 am

DelboyVilla wrote:Lots of noise about us amking an offering for Hourihane on the interweb today? Also that we are going to target Schlupp for 12m?

Hopefully things will hot up very soon?

I hope that there might be some evidence behind the article, but it is on HITC and it's my opinion that they simply put together stories based on other media speculation, they want you to click through! Fingers crossed that Hourihane will be on Bruce's radar though! The Schlupp speculation is also something I'd welcome, we're crying out for a purposeful presence on the left. Both players get a January '17 Transfer Window - Page 21 3769219917 from me
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:43 am

Is it acting spoiled to say I'm bored bored bored with nothing but rumours? It is really isn't it? But I am so sick of the F5 button, it keeps looking at me as if to say "go on, hit me again, you know you love it, you baaaad boy".
Come on Stevie FFS, sign some fucker!!!!!
De Kuip
De Kuip

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 21 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next