The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

+45
LVBrit
holtehero
achilles
FoxyAV
smetro
deadbuzzardalive
DelboyVilla
The Utterer
AstonThriller
Dazzle
Thinman
Saunders82
Wookster
Villa Ranger
danclare82
Dions_Bald_Head
big ming
Gordonsleftboot
Wriggle
Cha Ching
Villa_Dan
1Elliot
Jae1411
mefromhere
gaffer85
Peter
jeffvilla
UnclePanda
Army villain
Con
Boldfinger
Trotters
De Kuip
VTID85
avfc forever
NARLA24
4BetLite
ember
gdav
Rawlie
DaveAV1
Fpuppys
Synopsis
andrew24561
Barabass
49 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by Trotters Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:51 pm

He got a 5 year contract? FIVE!!!

I'd have offered 2+2. He was out of work FFS. Does this club never learn?

Oh well, good luck to him. If he wins 1 game in 5 he'll be outperforming all our other previous managers.
Trotters
Trotters

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:41 am

I'll judge him by what he does from here on in, not where he has been and what he has done previously. Certainly a different appointment than the McLeish one and so hopefully everyone will now get behind our new manager!

If you read his managerial stats they aren't actually that bad, and the past 4 times he's been in this division he has gone up at first time of asking... let's hope he can make it 5! And he got the blues up, kept them up for 4 season, then when they went down he got them back up first time. If he can do that with that garbage then he should go ok with us!
Wriggle
Wriggle

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:06 am

Trotters wrote:He got a 5 year contract? FIVE!!!

Oh well, good luck to him. If he wins 1 game in 5 he'll be outperforming all our other previous managers.

If so that's absolutely ridiculous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:53 am

Should've gone for a Villa man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:06 am

I'd imagine that "5 year" contract has quite a few time/performance related clauses in it.
Dazzle
Dazzle

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:29 am

Dazzle wrote:

I'd imagine that "5 year" contract has quite a few time/performance related clauses in it.

Bloody well hope so, otherwise we have learnt nothing! The Steve Bruce thread - Page 3 1327487109
achilles
achilles

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:34 am

The 5 year deal made me gulp - I will be honest.

Could pay for itself though if england ever come calling !

Really hopeful about the appointment - don't let me down Steve !
smetro
smetro

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:38 am

Joppe84 wrote:Should've gone for a Villa man.

We will never know how that would have worked out now will we?

Well Potato Head now is the time to perform.

A big win over the Dingles will be a nice little starter!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawlie Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:39 am

Joppe84 wrote:Should've gone for a Villa man.

Such as???? Southgate? Simon Grayson? Dean Saunders? Or Villa supporters... Dean Smith? Gary Rowett?

Rowett is doing well as is Smith, but are they better than Bruce (and by better think Championship win ratio and promotions)?

If he gets us up and can keep us there for a season of consolidation then great. The only downside is that bloody stupid 5 year contract? That, yet again, smacks of desperation (Jediknacker's 4 year contract anyone?).
Rawlie
Rawlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:41 am

Wanting a Villa man just because they are a Villa man is as fucking moronic as not wanting Bruce because he once played and managed Blues. Get the best man for the job, end of.

And they have.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:45 am

I would have Smith and Rowett any day over Bruce, but that's just how I feel and if I'm honest I tend to be wrong about managers. I liked the Garde, Sherwood, Lambert, RDM appointments and that turned out well.

I can't really explain it, I just would've liked Rowett or Smith better. I see no future for this club with Bruce, which is ironic considering his FIVE fucking year contract. I just won't have the same patience with Bruce unfortunately.

But as I said it means dick as I'm always wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:47 am

Joppe84 wrote:I would have Smith and Rowett any day over Bruce, but that's just how I feel and if I'm honest I tend to be wrong about managers. I liked the Garde, Sherwood,  Lambert, RDM appointments and that turned out well.

I can't really explain it, I just would've liked Rowett or Smith better. I see no future for this club with Bruce, which is ironic considering his FIVE fucking year contract. I just won't have the same patience with Bruce unfortunately.

Look on the bright side - if Bruce sees out that 5 year contact we will have to have done pretty well...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:04 am

Joppe84 wrote:I would have Smith and Rowett any day over Bruce, but that's just how I feel and if I'm honest I tend to be wrong about managers. I liked the Garde, Sherwood,  Lambert, RDM appointments and that turned out well.

The way I have been looking at is that I think most sub-human knuckledraggers would swap Bruce for Rowett in a blink of an eye?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:10 am

Don't worry Joppe mate - as I said in a previous thread, I liked the other 4 appointments as well, and we all know how they turned out.

I'll get behind Bruce, of course I will, but sorry to those folks less short sighted than I am, but he's tainted with the stink of the sty. I can't get past that, he was a nose, now he's here. The only way that feeling of being slightly violated every time I think of that will diminish, is if he works wonders, as pissing off the Blouse will have me laughing from here to 2021.
(Fuck, me, just realised - I retire on the day Bruce's contract is up, if he signed yesterday and stays for the full 5 years, lol).
De Kuip
De Kuip

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:59 am

I agree with Smetrov actually. I truly believe the 5 year deal is as much to do with being a deterrent for the FA regards the England job as much as anything. Maybe it also reflects the fact that Xia & co are mindful that we need some continuity after the ridiculousness of the last 12 months and maybe SB wanted some reassurances that he wasn't going to get the bullet for going through a bad spell like RDM?

Anyway to me Bruce appears excited and refreshed and i am excited to see the impact he can have.

The season is alive again!! Bring it on!! Dancing Banana
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:30 am

Here's a shot of Brucie's 1st training session, have to admit, looks pretty impressive to me, go on my son.

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 3 Chips10
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:33 am

Welcome to Aston Villa Steve I reckon he will do well for us.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:24 am

He's been in the job 17 hours now and still not signed anyone, come on Steve, Neil Warrnock's snaffled Cardiff 4 new players  already, pull your finger out son !!!! lol
Welcome to the Villa Steve, I think you'll do well
andrew24561
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:39 pm

To some extent hiring a manager is a bit of a lucky dip and what the board are trying to do is minimise the risk, which I think they have done. Some managers just click with some clubs. Our very own Ron Saunders came to us after being at Man City for only six months before being sacked. I'd have to remind myself about his career before that and after leaving us we all know where he went, but with no success. But at Villa Park he was wonderful and gave those of us who were lucky to be born at the right time, the best footballing times of our lives.

Steve Bruce has the right attributes to move us forward from where we are. If we forget his time as a pig farmer then he's a bloke who is easy to like. Numerous pros have said he's the best manager they've worked with and good man management is what this squad needs to get it firing. There are holes in the squad that will need a bit of good old fashioned nous to get us through until January. That's a job for an experienced bloke not a new kid learning as he goes.

I would have liked a more modern progressive manager such as Wagner, but that's probably a decision made more with the heart than the head. Steve Bruce is a current successful manager, who hasn't remained successful by living in the past. I read something from Sean Dyche the other day commenting how a player at Man City was raving about Pepe Guardiola changing their diet, he said, "we've been doing that for years".

A few wins particularly on Saturday and on the 30th and he'll soon be "A Villa man". Of course lose and he'll be low life Blue Nose scum! Currently he's a pragmatic choice that I'm warming to, but my track record of picking managers is right up there with Joppe's.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:05 pm

I read somewhere it was a 2 year contract. 3 million a year
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:56 pm

Robbie Savage as bruceys no2, I will FVCK this world up if that happens
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:47 pm

Players buzzing in training today at BMH
NARLA24
NARLA24

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:56 pm

gdav wrote:I read somewhere it was a 2 year contract. 3 million a year

Its certainly not 5 ...why would it be

I think that came from Dr Tony's tweet 'Gimme 5" - meaning another promotion

Be very surprised if its anything over 3
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:04 pm

2 years with an optional 1 or 2 would be @Villa_Dan's guess.

Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:26 pm

From a Facebook forum

Thanks to Admin for allowing me in. I run Hull City Fans Forum (10K members) and would like to have a few words about Steve Bruce. 

Firstly, I would say that 90% of City fans were gutted to see him leave and at least as many wish him well and are pleased he's back in management, living in Solihull, the job is right on his doorstep. SB walked out of City because of one thing. Ehab Allam, one of our owners who is the petulant son brat of the other owner. Ehab made his position untenable. He loved the club, the fans and the squad but had no choice but to move on from a toxic situation.

Brucey is one of the most respected names in football and a magnet which will attract players you would not normally hope to be talking to and has great inroads to big clubs for loans etc as we saw at City. Not exactly an out and out attacking manager but more conservative and you'll probably see more 5-3-1-1 or 4-4-1-1 formations as we did. He will defo need the rest of this season to build his own squad so anyone expecting lightening changes and 5-0 wins will be disappointed but he will stabilize you. 

He worked wonders with our youth squad and has a focus in bringing youth through. At City he signed a player [Sam Clucas] from Chesterfield and we all thought WTF is he doing?...But what a player he is turning out to be.

All in all IMO this is the best signing Villa has made in a long while and the only thing we are worried about at City is him coming back to poach key players. Elmohamedy has followed SB around so wouldn't be surprised if he joins you. You are familiar with Curtis Davies and although you would ask why he would drop a league, he's 31 and may be persuaded into an end of career payday. Davies is statistically one of the best players in Europe believe it or not. David Meyler is also a good mate of Steves and the sort of Midfielder you need so he may be on his radar....Just as long as he stays away from Snodgrass, Livermore, Odubajo and Robertson. The biggest steal you will make is our Harry Maguire. Built like a tank and one of the best CB's in the business with great skill for a big guy but hopefully he'll stay with us. 

At any rate, We wish him every success and will be keeping a close eye on him. Good luck. UTT
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next