The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa v Brentford match thread

+31
thegaffer6
UnclePanda
CoE82
Dions_Bald_Head
Cha Ching
De Kuip
gaffer85
smetro
1Elliot
DelboyVilla
Boldfinger
Jae1411
deadbuzzardalive
Fpuppys
Army villain
FoxyAV
Barabass
nickf21
Wriggle
Dazzle
avfc forever
andrew24561
Saunders82
danclare82
Thinman
mefromhere
The Utterer
AstonThriller
NARLA24
Villa_Dan
Trotters
35 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Your predictions please....

Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap74%Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 74% 
[ 20 ]
Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap7%Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap11%Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap4%Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap4%Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 27

Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Villa v Brentford match thread

Post by Boldfinger Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:37 am

He seemed a bit off the pace tbh
Boldfinger

Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Villa v Brentford match thread

Post by Cha Ching Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:52 am

Villa_Dan wrote:
Cha Ching wrote:For anyone who was at the game, how did Jedinak do? He was brought in to give a bit of a spine to the midfield but in his two games (Bristol City and Brentford), we had our two worst league performances. We were blitzed out of both games after half time and seemed rudderless by the end.

I liked him. A great assist for Kodjia and some lovely passing. Don't think he's got the legs, so whoever is next to him needs to be willing to drive forwards with the ball. He's better lying deep.

Thanks for that Dan. It's a bit reassuring but it sounds like Westwood and him together is not the answer.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:10 am

Kodjia's goal:

https://twitter.com/VillaRelated/status/776135287743344640/video/1

The sooner we get him in the middle with McCormack, Adomah and Grealish on the wings and Tish and Jedi in the middle the better. Ayew and Gestede as attacking subs.

Preferably with Trident.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:21 am

BillytheKid wrote:
jimbop wrote:I think its quite incredible that people are in such a state of panic!! example, Brighton were top this time last year, they ended up finishing 20th.  way way to early, this league changes more than steve mclarens accent.  chill out people.

Much needed realism and calming from you here jim mate well said and i do agree we need to chill out a bit, Beer

Now just to back up jim dudes point here been taking a peek at the 87/88 season in the old second division and straight away very similar starts to the season only 1 win in the first 7 games and drew a shit load also we had one point less than we do now, wins started to get there mid to late september where our start to the season form read DLLDWLD but you can see from this table back then there is still plenty of time for us!

LWDDDDD is our current form compared to DLLDWLD back in 87/88 i think backs up jim boys call for calm from us.

http://www.footballsite.co.uk/Statistics/LeagueTables/Season1987-88/ClubResults/1987-88AstonVilla.html

Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 6 3769219917

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:02 pm

TBH I don't see the relevance of comparing our stats this year to stats from 30 years ago? The whole of football was very different then?

The whole point of the grumbling amongst fans is that we are quite literally throwing away points and some of that is down to poor tactical decisions by the manager.

Hence the stick he is getting!
DelboyVilla

Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:09 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:TBH I don't see the relevance of comparing our stats this year to stats from 30 years ago? The whole of football was very different then?

The whole point of the grumbling amongst fans is that we are quite literally throwing away points and some of that is down to poor tactical decisions by the manager.

Hence the stick he is getting!

the club was completely broken from top down.  anyone who thinks that all of this will be fixed after 7 games is deluded.  39 games left 39!!!!!!!!!!!! 117 points to play for.  I don't expect us to go up this season, too much to fix in too little time.  next season is when questions should start being asked, not after 7 games.

also, in regards to tactical decisions?? brentfords goal was scored due to SHIT defending, fock all to do with RDM tactics

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:13 pm

Brentford's goal was scored due to trying to defend a 1 goal lead at home for over 45 mins. That was down to RDM and what he told them at HT.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:23 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Brentford's goal was scored due to trying to defend a 1 goal lead at home for over 45 mins. That was down to RDM and what he told them at HT.

true but look at the space they had for the goal, that's not tactics

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:38 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Brentford's goal was scored due to trying to defend a 1 goal lead at home for over 45 mins. That was down to RDM and what he told them at HT.
Was you in the changing room ?
No one knows for a fact that RDM said defend the 1-0 ( and I'd be surprised if he did ) so let's not act like that it's a fact!
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:43 pm

No we don't know what was said at HT but we can only go on consistently disappointing 2nd half performances and conclude that something is going horribly wrong at half time.

Either the opposition manager susses us out.
Our players panic due to crowd anxiety.
The fitness levels are so poor that we fall apart.
Or the manager sends them out with alternative plans to the 1st half.
Trotters
Trotters

Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 6 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:45 pm

Trotters wrote:No we don't know what was said at HT but we can only go on consistently disappointing 2nd half performances and conclude that something is going horribly wrong at half time.

Or all of the above
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:47 pm

Trotters wrote:No we don't know what was said at HT but we can only go on consistently disappointing 2nd half performances and conclude that something is going horribly wrong at half time.

one thing is for sure, the crowd will loose us more points than the team. they have already started, fockin shockin if you ask me, the booe's for a DRAW was shocking.  if there is one thing I hate about being a villa fan is some of the fans, its a whole new club from to bottom and the booes are already ringing out, after a DRAW.  how the fock will that help the team??? its beyond belief sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:48 pm

one thing is for sure, the crowd will loose us more points than the team. they have already started, fockin shockin if you ask me, the booe's for a DRAW was shocking.  if there is one thing I hate about being a villa fan is some of the fans, its a whole new club from to bottom and the booes are already ringing out, after a DRAW.  how the fock will that help the team??? its beyond belief sometimes

Last edited by jimbop on Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:48 pm

Boldfinger wrote:
Was you in the changing room ?
No one knows for a fact that RDM said defend the 1-0 ( and I'd be surprised if he did ) so let's not act like that it's a fact!

Did I say that is what he told them? I said their performance was down to what he told them at HT. Whatever he said clearly wasn't the right thing as they came out and sat deep!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:25 pm

jimbop wrote:

What a head in arse comment this is. The Villa crowd will lose more points than the actual team/manager, you say? I'll use your term, fockin ridiculous. You've probably got an excuse for Hitlers actions tucked away somewhere!
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:28 pm

Dazzle wrote:
jimbop wrote:

What a head in arse comment this is. The Villa crowd will lose more points than the actual team/manager, you say? I'll use your term, fockin ridiculous. You've probably got an excuse for Hitlers actions tucked away somewhere!

I have my opinion, a team will not be motivated by being booed, that's a fact not an opinion. "I'll use your term, fockin ridiculous" I didn't use that term.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:29 pm

Losing more points than the team is a stretch! But we saw last season how nervous the players were at home.

It's a viscous circle for sure but unless we're 2 up with ten to go the crowd are going to get nervous and that WILL affect the players. No doubt.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:38 pm

Trotters wrote:Losing more points than the team is a stretch! But we saw last season how nervous the players were at home.

It's a viscous circle for sure  but unless we're 2 up with ten to go the crowd are going to get nervous and that WILL affect the players. No doubt.

exactly, the players were so nervous playing at home, so why booe them after they DRAW, after 7 games, after massive changes throughout the club?? it was plainly obvious last season that the then team shat themselves playing at villa park, now this is a new team whom shouldn't really have that fear as they wernt here last season, but fock me the crowd are gonna make sure they do turn into nervous wrecks if it carrys on. jesus christ after 7 games they are being booed when they DRAW, fock me after 20 games will we be invading the pitch to attack them??!! we should be getting behind them all. if we were seeing lack of effort and don't give a fock attitudes then fair enuff but that's not the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:46 pm

Although only listening on the radio last night, it sounded like the fans were encouraging the team to get forward in the second half and trying to get behind them at every opportunity. The fact that the team didn't respond and seemed to go totally into retreat was what caused the fans to get upset.

Also the fans were not responsible for the second half horror shows at Luton or Bristol City.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:48 pm

jimbop wrote:
Dazzle wrote:
jimbop wrote:

I have my opinion, a team will not be motivated by being booed, that's a fact not an opinion. "I'll use your term, fockin ridiculous" I didn't use that term.

Ahhh diddums. The poor little fellas are only on 1m a year? I wouldn't get out of bed for that! And if someone booed me well I would scream and scream until I was sick!!! Maybe they are scared of that nasty man Dr Xia who shouts when we throw away leads? Anyone would think he paid their wages?
Let's not be totally pathetic as we had enough of this bullshit last year?

If they get upset by booing then go be a librarian? Or play in Greece!

The massive changes have supposed to be improvements?

People may be getting annoyed because the same mistake is made over and over?

The people who think this is a difficult job are deluded and just looking for an excuse for piss poor performance (just like last year). It is a conveninent excuse to put in zero effort.
DelboyVilla

Villa v Brentford match thread - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:51 pm

Anyone there last night will know the crowd were massively behind the boys and (some) only booed at the final whistle. The fans during the game were screaming encouragement at them.

The booing (of which I wasn't one) was purely due to frustrations at having watched them sit deep for 45mins at home.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:57 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Dazzle wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Ahhh diddums. The poor little fellas are only on 1m a year? I wouldn't get out of bed for that! And if someone booed me well I would scream and scream until I was sick!!! Maybe they are scared of that nasty man Dr Xia who shouts when we throw away leads? Anyone would think he paid their wages?
Let's not be totally pathetic as we had enough of this bullshit last year?

If they get upset by booing then go be a librarian? Or play in Greece!

The massive changes have supposed to be improvements?

People may be getting annoyed because the same mistake is made over and over?

The people who think this is a difficult job are deluded and just looking for an excuse for piss poor performance (just like last year). It is a conveninent excuse to put in zero effort.

7 games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:19 pm

"get rid if RDM now, he has wasted ££££ on crap like kodjia, sack him now" that is a quote from one of our SUPPORTERS. un fockin real.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:23 pm

For real? Someone said THAT?!?!?!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:25 pm

Where was that said? They can't have seen the game last night at all as Kodjia was quality
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next