The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Match thread vs Luton

+26
Wriggle
Cha Ching
The Utterer
Army villain
Heisenberg
gaffer85
VTID85
Synopsis
smetro
UnclePanda
BillytheKid
Saunders82
Thinman
Boldfinger
thegaffer6
DelboyVilla
avfc forever
Dazzle
FoxyAV
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
Trotters
mefromhere
VillaBill
De Kuip
AstonThriller
30 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Your predictions please...

Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 I_vote_lcap27%Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 I_vote_lcap36%Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]
Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 I_vote_lcap27%Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 I_vote_lcap9%Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 11

Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 Empty Re: Match thread vs Luton

Post by DomAVFC Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:59 pm

smetro wrote:

Im also sensing he is kicking ass, as he doesn't feel anyone else is.

Kicking the asses of certain "players" with enough force to land them straight in the Thames all the way from Luton, I hope after that performance! Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 1375627042
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:02 pm

DomAVFC wrote:
smetro wrote:

Kicking the asses of certain "players" with enough force to land them straight in the Thames all the way from Luton, I hope after that performance! Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 1375627042

You see RDM dishing out the bollockings then ? - I don't.

smetro
smetro

Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:07 pm

smetro wrote:
DomAVFC wrote:
smetro wrote:

You see RDM dishing out the bollockings then ? - I don't.

Personally I'm really not sure. Is RDM doing that himself? Probably not? Are some of his coaches doing that (Steve Clarke, Kevin Bond for example)? Probably. Has Dr. X spoken to the players telling them that simply wasn't good enough? It's very possible. Has Elphick gone absolutely ballistic at them after the game? That's also very possible. I don't think we can doubt RDM credentials; Chelsea's first ever CL (and he won it with somebody else's squad too), probably would've finished 1st with West Brom in that Championship season if it hadn't been for Newcastle being way too good for that league, and did a good job with MK Dons by all accounts. I think it doesn't matter whether he himself is dishing out the bollockings, it just matters that somebody is and that the clear-out continues; a turn-around was never going to happen overnight. RDM has my full backing until he proves beyond all reasonable doubt that he doesn't have what it takes to do this job.
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:11 pm

It's going to be an expensive month for Tony I think! At least we started with some intent and creativity but we got nervous so quickly and fell apart. Confidence is shot and when you hit the woodwork 3 times everybody (fans and players) start to think 'here we go again!'

Green Grealish Ayew and McCormack linked well. Positive.
Richards acceptable at right back. Positive.
I'm all out of positives already.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:27 pm

mefromhere wrote:
I'm all out of positives already.

At least it wasn't raining........
De Kuip
De Kuip

Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:50 pm

By the way, meant to say "Well done to Luton" We were awful, abysmal, dire, but they had a right good go - fought for everything, were brilliantly set up to expose our fb weaknesses (I said it would be every opposition manager's gameplan if we don't get rid), passed really well and attacked in numbers. I don't think we should forget their part in our downfall, because they did really well and as bad as we were, they still rode their luck a bit, then went for it.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:18 am

Running commentary as I'm only just watching the game now...

A good first 20 minutes with the only player not to look halfway decent being Gardner. Even with us seemingly cruising and not having to try particularly hard, he just didn't look anything above bang average.

On 33 minutes, and I don't know why, you could almost see the OFF switch being thrown. 2 mins later Baker gets inexplicably sucked toward the ball with Amavi (the best left back in the league*) inexplicably doing the same, taking his eye completely off his man. 1-1. What the actual fuck?

But despite them equalising, the key turning point was Micah Richards and that throw in fiasco followed up within seconds by the next one. He seemed to have a bit of a chuckle about it all (you know, our captain!) and I'm sure it was then that Luton realised that our players were largely out there for a stroll and a piss take. With certainty their manager realised it.

Trouble ahead.

First half pros: An enthusiastic performance from both Green and Tshibola. A decent first 20 mins from Grealish. Finding out that at least one of the von Trapp family went on to do something else, even if it is only refereeing a first round football match.

First half cons: not gotten out of first gear which, considering RDM said that this match would be a trial run for places against Rotherham, was a bit surprising. Casual, casual, casual. Where's the fight, the desire, the flair? And Gardner is a nothing footballer. A total nothing. Even at this level. Amavi seems well short of match fitness and sharpness (but I suppose that's what these easy matches are for).

Second half and within 60 seconds Hutton has lost his man and Richards (now at centre back) misses the ball completely. Okore has to clear off the line. But at the next corner, Gardner seems to be having a good laugh about it all with one of the Luton players. I guess that's ok then. I'm really starting not to like the lad.

Goal. 2-1. What kind of sugarbag goes for a diving header on the halfway line and then doesn't get the fuck up? Micah "Can't throw a ball" Richards, that's who. Just what in the name of Jesus titty-fucking Christ was he thinking???? As for that sugarbag, Gardner, he was a mere 3 yards from the ball when Luton started their attack. Yet somehow he decided that only a quick walk was required to get back and maybe help. Which he didn't. Because he's a sugarbag.

Surely now, we'll be shocked out of this bullshit casual fucking mood we're in?

65th minute and Okore is defending halfway up the pitch for some reason. I think he's covering for Grealish who's obviously too good for defensive duties. Another gaping hole in midfield because Gardner the sugarbag is marking the referee. Shot on target saved.

I don't know if Xia and RDM have an agreement here to give these players enough rope and see if they'll hang themselves but that is certainly what they're doing. Fucking disgraceful.

Richards, taking his eye off the ball that's on the edge of our box so he can bollock other people has to make yet another fucking stupid diving header. What in the hell is he doing....oh fuck it's another goal. Okore summing everything up there. Casual, non-caring, unprofessional as fuck.

60 secs later they almost score again. This time Gardner, the sugarbag, decides to get involved and his shit tackle plays them through. sugarbag.

Now he's had the ball taken off him with ease and hauls down the bloke who took it off him. He then proceeds to give it the big I AM and I'm really hoping Friedrich Von Trapp shows him a red because I really can't deal with this sugarbag any more.

-----------

After watching that absolute shit, I'm convinced that RDM has put those players out and said "prove you're worthy of the shirt". Because if that was his best tactical effort, we are deep in the shit.

Ayew: 6. Did ok like everyone else (bar Gardner the sugarbag) for the first half hour. After that, what's he to do?
McCormack: 5. Meh
Grealish: 5. Needs to play for more than half hour a game.
Tish: 6..5 One of the few that actually seemed bothered.
Gardner: 0. Utter utter sugarbag. He's about as close to a footballer as a Somalian mud-hut is to Buckingham Palace. Fuck him off. Total shit. Villa fan my arse.
Green: 6.5 The only outfield player with Tish that seemingly wanted to prove himself. The Luton left back sent out to babysit him was a 19 year old on debut but he's going to have quite a career ahead of him.
Amavi: 5. dodgy first half. Didn't look to get forward much. Looked unfit.
Richards (right back) 5. Ok for the first half hour or so. After that, cuntish.
Richards (Centre back) 0. What in fuck was that all about? After thinking the throw in debacle was funny, followed up by his 2nd half performance, he can hold hands with Gardner as they fuck off out the door.
Okore: 4. Not a terrible first half but as soon as Baker left, it was all over for him. Dear oh dear oh dear. What a mess.
Baker: 5.5. A couple of issues here and clearly needs a better partner. Was at partial fault for their goal. Nothing special but aside from being out of position for their goal, he was ok. But then a dropped bollock is a dropped bollock.
Hutton: 2. would struggle in League 2 so get rid.
Bunn: 8. Some good saves. Nothing that was his fault. If Richards is looking about taking his eye off the ball when the other team is attacking, I suspect that Bunn isn't making himself known to his defence. And that's an issue. Aside from that, a good game.

Aside from that useless sugarbag who's name I will no longer say, I'm going to write this game off as nothing more than a bad day at the office. 24hrs ago I was saying that we just need someone like Jedinak and a new right back and we could win our league.

But the rot is deeper than 2 required players. The casual attitude that saw us relegated is still there. In fact you could argue it's increased. I'm at a loss to explain it.

Forget that awful game and let's see what happens against Rotherham.

No more Richards and no more Mr.Cunty-Do-Fuckall. Sadly we're stuck with Hutton for the time being but we've a better starting XI than that available so let's use them.

If the club has a sports psychologist then they need to be working overtime. And if they already are, fuck them off and get someone better.

Jesus!
Trotters
Trotters

Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:14 am

Apoligies to Smetro! I saw what you mean last night!

I was shouting and swearing to the tv last night when RDM and his 'team' in the dugout were just sat there doing a fine impression of Remi Garde!!!! Wankers!!! I would have been shouting and screaming from the sidelines!

As soon as they equalized Micah 'I don't do throw ins' Richards head went straight down! Captain? More like CUNTain!!
DelboyVilla

Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:03 am

I honestly believe that RDM and his management team sent that lot out with a view to seeing what they could do. He doesn't care about the League Cup (at least for this season, and fair enough too) so set them up, send them out and watch who sinks and who swims.

Xia has indicated that this is the case in his latest tweet (latest at this point in time...he could have another 237 tweets by dinner).

If it WAS a fact-finding mission then job done.
If it was a genuine attempt to put a decent side out and win the game then we truly are massively fucked. Fucked as in, burn the club to the ground with the players inside and claim on insurance.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:07 am

DelboyVilla wrote:
As soon as they equalized Micah 'I don't do throw ins' Richards head went straight down! Captain? More like CUNTain!!

Early in the 2nd half he had a throw and the crowd wer giving him some right stick. He had a proper serious look on his face then. But up until that stage, he was treating like a joke. Perfectly sums up the holiday camp attitude that is killing this club.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:47 am

Did not post last night. To angry and needed to calm down. Have not read any other reviews as I did not want my judgement coloured by what I had read from other posters and I wanted to compare my thoughts with theirs afterwards.
Is anyone else sick of being embarrassed at supporting these players (not this Club)? Getting "sympathy" with a smirk from friends and familly?
What I saw last night was as bad or worse than anything that has gone before.
Outfought by a highly motivated team that looked yards quicker and FITTER than us. (well done Luton, excellent - exactly the attitude we should be showing) our performance was less than non league (except for the first 10 minutes after which we turned off).
RDM - you are going to have to do better than this. Tactics were awful.Trying to defend a high line while two lumbering centre backs were turned time and time again as the opposition played over and through them. Powderpuff midfielders losing every 50 50 challenge and failing to provide cover to defenders or support to the attack.
Some individuals deserving special mention. Ayew - sulky and seemingly not arsed. Gardener-poor distribution and ball retention(got booked having lost ball and reduced to pulling back Luton player). Amavi - clearly not match fit but positionally poor. Hutton - two minutes and they were in behind him and running along the bye line.Another bad performance. Richards - poor but looked better at rb during first half. Okore - words fail me! Grealish- very pretty but largely ineffective.Gestede- went missing.Bunn and Green were probably the only ones who could walk off with their heads up.
Unless tactics and attitudes are changed,this lot aint getting promoted. They are going the opposite way.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:51 am

DomAVFC wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:I thought Richards was ok at RB today.

Yep, he was, to be fair to him. However, as soon as he got moved to CB in the second half, you could see that any modicum of organisation, discipline and confidence just evaporated. Luton nearly scored about 30 seconds from kick off in the second half!

This is my point though, he's a RB, and should never ever be played at CB, and we all knew this last season. Richardson is a midfielder but spent most of his Villa career being a dire LB. At least RDM is never going to play him in the middle again. As a RB though he's better than Hutton, and until we find someone better, should be first choice RB.

Amavi was being fucked over by the players around him. Very little support from Grealish (who doesn't work in a 4-4-2 because he doesn't get back to cover, but could work in a 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 as no.10, except I'd rather see Ayew there!) and Okore isn't left-sided (and was also very rusty).

I stand by my earlier comment that we'd have a decent back four in Richards, Elphick, new CB in the same mould as Elphick, Amavi.

I still think we have a decent team in there, and in Elphick we have a very good captain. The league is a different thing altogether, and we played well against Wednesday, with glaring issues in midfield and LB/RB. With Richards and Amavi starting, we have two fewer problems to worry about. Tshibola is looking good and with a player like Barry next to him, we could be onto something.

One other place that worries me is wingers in a 4-4-2. Since Sinclair has gone, it seems the only one who looks any good is Green. Ayew and Grealish don't seem able to defend. If we're going to play a 4-3-3, we need two new midfielders, now Gueye and Sanchez are gone. I like to think Veretout could do the job but if the stories are correct and he's lost confidence, Villa right now isn't the best place for him.

From the Mail:

Asked about the changes he made, Di Matteo confirmed that both were enforced.

"Nathan Baker got hit in the head in the first half and had to come off," he explained.

"With Ross, he’s only had three or four training sessions with us. We need to get his conditioning up as well. Those were the changes."

On the subject of needing more new players, Di Matteo added: "Yes. We knew that.

"We know that we need some fresh faces and players that can bring a fresh impetus to us as well."
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:46 am

Waking up this morning after sleeping on that debacle and I'm still annoyed at the shite displayed.

My thoughts are:

RDM - I can forgive. He clearly wanted to see what they could do and no one I saw before the game thought that was a terrible line up considering the opposition.

Bunn - decent. Can't really fault him for any of the goals. Not sure he'll push Gollini for #1 though.

Amavi - looked rusty as balls. However I've seen a couple of "fans" on Facebook basically writing him off and saying he shouldn't be playing. One of which said we don't know if he's any good as he only played "1 or 2 games last season." Idiots.

Richards - can do a job. At RB. Only at RB. Never anywhere else. Ever.

Hutton - I really thought he'd be ok, maybe even decent, at championship level but he seems massively off the pace.

Okore - Rusty? Played on the wrong side? Either way he was a huge disappointment.

Tshibola - I like this kid. He's still young and need s a strong head next to him but he could be very good for us IMO

Gardner - the biggest disappointment since the night I lost my virginity. This kid looked like Stevie G when coming through the ranks. Whether it is the toll injuries have taken on him or he hasn't developed at all, he needs benching. I'd still love him to come good, but my hope is fading rapidly.

Grealish - great for 10mins then disappeared and cannot defend.

Ayew - (see Grealish). I think we have to choose between him and Grealish over who starts as we can't carry both with their defensive ignorance. Ayew trumps Jack for me.

Green - Gwan lad. The bright spark.

McCormack - clearly lacking match fitness but it'll come and so will the goals.

Gestede - Why? If we aren't going to cross the ball he's as useless as tits on a nun.

I'm not actually bothered that we've gone out of the cup. We have more important things to concentrate on. I am bothered about how abject the performance was. We need 4 new players ASAP.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:47 am

What's with the hashtags? #tryingtobetwitter
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:58 am

Same question for me as soon we appointed RDM.

How many of the really poor teams can we beat at home ?

Was RDM a miscalculation or is XIA going to be another owner who appoints only weak managers?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:02 am

We need two new right backs! I thought Richards was rubbish at RB and even worse at CB, he is not good enough for us this season in this league!

Hutton again was fucking awful, can't defend, can't pass and can't cross! A complete waste of space.

Amavi was obviously rusty but he has always had the tendency to fall asleep a couple of times in a match and he needs to cut this out.

Okore was defending on his own for large parts of the second half as Richards went walk about. However he looked mediocre too and unfit.

Gardner has had his chance and has blown it, sell him to Forest now!

Tish and Green looked OK still both young and inexperienced but showed some flashes. Tish needs an experienced head with him as he cannot play when he is having to carry around Gardner!

Ayew needs to cheer up and toughen up and stop all this stroppy petulance as we cannot afford to go down to 10 men at the mo.

Grealish is never going to be a tough tackler. His ability is there for all to see and is by far the most skillful player we have but you need to give him freedom. A luxury we cannot afford at the moment.

McCormack is not fit yet give him a couple of games but I am hopeful for him.

Gestede is a complete waste of space and a one trick pony and considering Huttons/Cissokos crossing that trick is pointless.

Lots of work to do and lots of changes to be made. What I can't understand is why these players have no fight or passion or pride in their performances?
DelboyVilla

Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:04 pm

Just got back from 2 weeks in Disneyland to find that the real cartoon capers are going on at Villa.

I leave the country for 5 mins...

...& find that everything is the same.

Fact-finding done, hopefully. Honeymoon period extended due to the scale of the task.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Match thread vs Luton - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5