The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+44
Barabass
TheVillansOfAston
rosco77
Claret007
UnclePanda
achilles
1Elliot
Chrissylee1111
Gordonsleftboot
Villa_Dan
Con
Wookster
Aston Phila
Peter
Trotters
BillytheKid
De Kuip
Cha Ching
4BetLite
Wriggle
Alf T
VTID85
danclare82
KMitch
Dgrizzle7
Synopsis
Justice league
Heisenberg
Lammypaul
Dions_Bald_Head
Fpuppys
smetro
The Utterer
AstonThriller
Leafs1201
deadbuzzardalive
NARLA24
Trysullvilla
Boldfinger
andrew24561
jvilla
tonyp
DaveAV1
Mr_Spadge
48 posters

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:08 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:I seriously question how much money we have available from this takeover. When we don't sign McCormack before we sell Gana and Clark. £ 12 million for Gana and Clark and £ 12 million for McCormack. Funny that.

Well Tony has enough money to buy the club cash, satisfy both the FA and PL he has the cash available to buy then run the club for years to come and has funded the biggest net spend in the league so far? Yes things would have been much better under someone like Lerner?

Who cares how much or little money he has? One thing is for sure he is not going to tell you!

Buying a player for 12m with no PL experience but over the past 6 years has scored more goals and has the highest number of assists from open play in the league we are currently in speaks volumes to me. He has so far showed he will spend money when needed not just buying a bunch of no hopers and keeping his fingers crossed?

Deluded, naïve and juvenile!!

It's amazing how touchy people get when you dare to question the wealth of an owner large forum communities has claimed to have the Chinese government as a financial backer. So far he hasn't shown anything, but talk. Considering our sales, our parachute payments and wage cuts we should have been spending a LOT, we haven't. Thus it's natural to question whether Xia's talk is just that, talk.

I'm pretty sure the next "big" signing for us will come after Sinclair, Sanchez and possibly one more have moved on, but we'll see.

Hey Joppe I bet Tony has enough money to buy everyone on TBAR a beer, unlike some? And I also suspect he would keep his word and actually come up with the goods, unlike some? It's funny that some people criticize and try to score points when they actually have not one honorable bone in their body?? AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 50815218

We have a saying in the UK, people in glass house shouldn't through stones!
DelboyVilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 3_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by VTID85 Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:13 pm

Someone with lots of money has lots of money because they don't spend it or is shrewd when making arrangements that generate more money.

There is a danger of a new owner coming in, spunking a fuckton of money for a short term fix and us the fans paying for it in the not so distant future. The obsession with Tony's wealth is borderline paraphilic in some people, symptomatic of "generation me" bollocks that pervades many other walks of life. Personally I'd rather see a well run club and a well performing club ahead of pure money being wanked around just so we can say we've got the biggest richest bollocks in the Championship. I don't need to vicariously enlarge my spunkhammer, thank you.
VTID85

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:17 pm

VTID85 i think the bit about rather seeing us as a well run club than the short term fix like we tried under Lerner and suffered for it afterwards for years of misery is spot on mate, it's all about the club being well run smart that does not mean we are not ambitious look at Leicester they didn't spend there way to the title it's all about smart buying and selling and building foundations improving the team and squad regardless of cash spent!

Well said dude!

P.S i'm sure Sandwell's owner is worth £100million yet they have been run better than us for years even though we had a Billionaire owner because he wasn't smart enough, same goes for Swansea and so on it proves you need football savvy people around the club and running it to really be able to build success!

Last edited by BillytheKid on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:18 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:I seriously question how much money we have available from this takeover. When we don't sign McCormack before we sell Gana and Clark. £ 12 million for Gana and Clark and £ 12 million for McCormack. Funny that.

Well Tony has enough money to buy the club cash, satisfy both the FA and PL he has the cash available to buy then run the club for years to come and has funded the biggest net spend in the league so far? Yes things would have been much better under someone like Lerner?

Who cares how much or little money he has? One thing is for sure he is not going to tell you!

Buying a player for 12m with no PL experience but over the past 6 years has scored more goals and has the highest number of assists from open play in the league we are currently in speaks volumes to me. He has so far showed he will spend money when needed not just buying a bunch of no hopers and keeping his fingers crossed?

It's amazing how touchy people get when you dare to question the wealth of an owner large forum communities has claimed to have the Chinese government as a financial backer. So far he hasn't shown anything, but talk. Considering our sales, our parachute payments and wage cuts we should have been spending a LOT, we haven't. Thus it's natural to question whether Xia's talk is just that, talk.

I'm pretty sure the next "big" signing for us will come after Sinclair, Sanchez and possibly one more have moved on, but we'll see.

Hey Joppe I bet Tony has enough money to buy everyone on TBAR a beer, unlike some? And I also suspect he would keep his word and actually come up with the goods, unlike some? It's funny that some people criticize and try to score points when they actually have not one honorable bone in their body?? AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 50815218

Talking about my honour. I would be bothered if I wasn't laughing so much.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:21 pm

VTID85 wrote:Someone with lots of money has lots of money because they don't spend it or is shrewd when making arrangements that generate more money.

There is a danger of a new owner coming in, spunking a fuckton of money for a short term fix and us the fans paying for it in the not so distant future. The obsession with Tony's wealth is borderline paraphilic in some people, symptomatic of "generation me" bollocks that pervades many other walks of life. Personally I'd rather see a well run club and a well performing club ahead of pure money being wanked around just so we can say we've got the biggest richest bollocks in the Championship. I don't need to vicariously enlarge my spunkhammer, thank you.

Exactly Lerner did this and look how that ended! I always wanted an owner whose brain was bigger than his wallet.

Some people are obsessed with proving other people wrong and saying 'I told you so' AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 1401410211

And one thing I have learned in life is that idiots always love to prove how stupid they are very loudly to the World, so go for it Joppe, my son!
DelboyVilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:29 pm

Cmon lads we are all Villans call a truce and start having a laugh a bit once you see McCormack smashing in a free kick and a volley winning us the points at Wednesday you will all be jizzin yourselves! Dancing Banana
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:30 pm

That last paragraph. The irony is superb.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:40 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:

Talking about my honour. I would be bothered if I wasn't laughing so much.

here he goes again zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:49 pm

thank fock your not the manager, we would have a squad of 365 players!! you should read what you post sometimes, its border line mental

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:02 pm

BillytheKid wrote:Joppe matey you may end up right nobody knows for sure about Xia and his wealth that is the only thing we can all be sure of and agree on, i see West Spam are in talks with us over Ayew now if he is sold and we end up having not spent all the money recouped i will be a little disappointed HOWEVER as long as we have a good enough squad thats all that matters this season to get promotion,

I believe we will make some more signings and Xia will allay some fears we shall see but lets be happy about seeing crap out the door and McCormack sign he really is a star player other clubs would like to have! UTV!

I admire your patients with Floppe mate!!

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:08 pm

Xia's in LA at the moment, was there about a month back too. Could well be something to do with one of his other companies, or maybe he's setting up an academy there as well. Or perhaps it's to do with that Logistics firm he was meant to be buying.

deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:11 pm

jimbop wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:Joppe matey you may end up right nobody knows for sure about Xia and his wealth that is the only thing we can all be sure of and agree on, i see West Spam are in talks with us over Ayew now if he is sold and we end up having not spent all the money recouped i will be a little disappointed HOWEVER as long as we have a good enough squad thats all that matters this season to get promotion,

I believe we will make some more signings and Xia will allay some fears we shall see but lets be happy about seeing crap out the door and McCormack sign he really is a star player other clubs would like to have! UTV!

Jimbop it called pity mate!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:12 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Xia's in LA at the moment, was there about a month back too. Could well be something to do with one of his other companies, or maybe he's setting up an academy there as well. Or perhaps it's to do with that Logistics firm he was meant to be buying.

I hope he can afford the flight home mate? He's strapped for cash you know?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:13 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Jimbop it called pity mate!

haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:14 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Xia's in LA at the moment, was there about a month back too. Could well be something to do with one of his other companies, or maybe he's setting up an academy there as well. Or perhaps it's to do with that Logistics firm he was meant to be buying.

maybe floppe could lend him the doe?

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:17 pm

jimbop wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:

Take it out the beer fund maybe???? AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 1520050566 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 1520050566 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 1520050566 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 1520050566 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 1520050566
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:20 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:
jimbop wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:

Take it out the beer fund maybe???? AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 1520050566 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 1520050566 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 1520050566 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 1520050566 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 1520050566

I'd guess he's a gin drinker, so maybe that's why we never got the beer lol! Flogging a dead hors Drink
Wriggle
Wriggle

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:30 pm

Wriggle wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:
jimbop wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:

I'd guess he's a gin drinker, so maybe that's why we never got the beer lol! Flogging a dead hors Drink

Strikes me like he'd like a Babycham??? AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 3769219917 Beer Drink
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:36 pm

Crikey BabyCham ain't heard about that for years used to love that as a kid when my nan and grandad used to let me drink it when i was about 8 years old as a treat on a Sunday afternoon round there's haha
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:47 pm

BillytheKid wrote:Crikey BabyCham ain't heard about that for years used to love that as a kid when my nan and grandad used to let me drink it when i was about 8 years old as a treat on a Sunday afternoon round there's haha

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:00 pm

Me too!!!

At my nan and granddad's. Not Billy's.

@joppe84 Mate I don't know what Xia can possibly do to win you over. I was HIGHLY sceptical at first especially with his choice of board but he's not put a foot wrong so far. If he advertised the team as a "bomb squad" people would moan that he's wasting money as they'll be sold off cheap yet the same people want those players cut loose for free!

He's bought young potential and seasoned pros. He's bust transfer records and the window is still wide open.

He's barely got his feet under the desk yet he's moved this club forward more in a few months than we really had any right to dream of.

As for his trip to LA, I think part of the sale agreement was that he head stateside to romantically nourish Lerner with stories about how he's waking the sleeping giant.  

Anyway, lets stop sniping at each other. Put forward as robust an argument as you can but let's not let it get personal eh? Cheers.....

....you sugarbags.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:25 pm

Not rocket science mate. He just have to spend money. Right now we're not spending, we're keeping our finances in equilibrium. He's talked the talk. He was the one talkong about european football and promotion. He was the one talking of our season ticket sales should match Newcastle. Now he should spend. A lot. We arguably needa RB,, CB, CM CAM and another striker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:27 pm

VTID85 wrote:Someone with lots of money has lots of money because they don't spend it or is shrewd when making arrangements that generate more money.

Post of the year VTID. This fascination with trying to obtain an owner with a bigger balance than any other club, salivating that he might be backed a country with endless amounts of money to throw around..........shallow and immature. The last thing I want is to be the next Man City or Chelsea, hated by nearly all because they simply went out and ruined any concept of competition by throwing money around at anything that moved and buying up players like cattle to stop anyone around them competing. I've even grown to hold the premiership in disdain, it's not much more than a circus now with everyone's attention drawn to the money involved rather than the actual product. It's beginning to border WWE.
I'm looking forward to seeing some committed players and games in the championship.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:39 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Not rocket science mate. He just have to spend money. Right now we're not spending, we're keeping our finances in equilibrium. He's talked the talk. He was the one talkong about european football and promotion. He was the one talking of our season ticket sales should match Newcastle. Now he should spend. A lot. We arguably needa RB,, CB, CM CAM and another striker.

There is no argument, we do need a RB+CM+CAM+STR. I'm surprised we haven't gone and got a RB in particular as this is something we've known for quite some time. With Gana now gone and Veretout proving disappointing we are light in midfield, at least 2 required now before end of window. Hopefully we'll also land either of Kodjia or Nahki Wells.
No doubt though we need to shift Richards & Lescott, think we're stuck with Agbonlahor.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:17 pm

people whom have bought west brom only worth 1.8 billion, Dr T says" "Recon bought Villa seriously with fully conducted research not 4 chasing fashion toys." AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 498107619 ! we really have gone from 1 extreme to the other, randy spoke about as much as a mute, now Dr T has a bigger gob than Robbie Savage! Dr T seems to be keeping to his word though on ALL fronts, lescott looks to be off for free. Dr T stated couple weeks back "they will go, even if we make losses"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next