The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+44
Barabass
TheVillansOfAston
rosco77
Claret007
UnclePanda
achilles
1Elliot
Chrissylee1111
Gordonsleftboot
Villa_Dan
Con
Wookster
Aston Phila
Peter
Trotters
BillytheKid
De Kuip
Cha Ching
4BetLite
Wriggle
Alf T
VTID85
danclare82
KMitch
Dgrizzle7
Synopsis
Justice league
Heisenberg
Lammypaul
Dions_Bald_Head
Fpuppys
smetro
The Utterer
AstonThriller
Leafs1201
deadbuzzardalive
NARLA24
Trysullvilla
Boldfinger
andrew24561
jvilla
tonyp
DaveAV1
Mr_Spadge
48 posters

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:25 pm

It will help with FFP if it gets fans in India interested and spending money on the club, also it might attract sponsorship and TV money from that country. But that will only really happen once we're back in the Premier with a good team.

It will also bring more exposure to Recon and if they're making money it can only be good for us.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by NARLA24 Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:15 pm

jimbop wrote:
The Utterer wrote:
jimbop wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Interview with Samuelson, mentions the possibility of buying/starting a club in India and mentions specifically the Delhi Dynamos.

could well be wrong here, but would this somehow assist with FFP rules?

Interesting point Jimbop, i don't know either.. i guess it depends how it is linked up etc but you would imagine there would be a way to do it somehow?

I think it could well be matey, he seems to have a plan that's been created for quite some time
I have said for years that football needs to hit India. We have such a fantastic ethnic community in Birmingham with no doubt some very good quality football players that has been totally overlooked. This in my view is a bloody good move in the right direction.
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:51 pm

I seriously question how much money we have available from this takeover. When we don't sign McCormack before we sell Gana and Clark. £ 12 million for Gana and Clark and £ 12 million for McCormack. Funny that.

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:02 pm

I think it is more to do with the wages and sheer amount of players on the books Joppe matey, your right to mention the spending but we did sign 3 players early on before selling and also the players sold were due to activating there release clauses which Xia tried to stop but powerless, this proves to me we have money as promised plus may i add RDM saying yesterday we don't need to sell anyone and we want more players when asked about Sinclair with us turning down £3million from Celtic after 3 bids for him, nah we am alright chap now worries!! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 3769219917

Or we could demand Wolves owners buy us and grab Wlater erm Zenga AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 498107619 Very Happy
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:08 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I seriously question how much money we have available from this takeover. When we don't sign McCormack before we sell Gana and Clark. £ 12 million for Gana and Clark and £ 12 million for McCormack. Funny that.

You being negative... Funny that.
Wriggle
Wriggle

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:18 pm

Wriggle wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:I seriously question how much money we have available from this takeover. When we don't sign McCormack before we sell Gana and Clark. £ 12 million for Gana and Clark and £ 12 million for McCormack. Funny that.

You being negative... Funny that.

And you being a daft prick. Funny that

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:49 pm

Oi oi. Come on, now.

I think we needed to shift most of the dross from last season so there was always going to be lots of figures in the SOLD column.

@Joppe84 you look at it as a sell-to-buy policy but I look at it that Xia was told the McCormack might be snatchable from Norwich and has given the go ahead to spunk the entire money made from two players on one. Don't fuck about, he's said, spend what you need to get it done.

And that one player is the most expensive trade in this league (or so I read).

Clark left for his own financial reasons and I've yet to see anyone mourning his departure. Gana had a clause and is looking after number one.

I really don't see how Xia is at fault here.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:30 pm

Would be impressive enough if we spent £ 12 million without sales. Right now it looks like we have to sell to buy. Wouldn't be surprised if a new CM was signed and Sanchez/Sinclair was immidiately off

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:12 pm

We have the biggest net spend in the Championship so far, if McCormack signs. And Di Matteo didn't actually want to sell Clark and Gueye. The money from those two will go towards replacing them, not buying McCormack.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:15 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Would be impressive enough if we spent £ 12 million without sales. Right now it looks like we have to sell to buy. Wouldn't be surprised if a new CM was signed and Sanchez/Sinclair was immidiately off

So what if it is sell-to-buy? Last seasons squad was complete shite. The more of them gone, the better. Im happy to see them off the wage bill and some new faces come in to try and get us back in the Prem.
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:38 pm

UnclePanda wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Would be impressive enough if we spent £ 12 million without sales. Right now it looks like we have to sell to buy. Wouldn't be surprised if a new CM was signed and Sanchez/Sinclair was immidiately off

So what if it is sell-to-buy? Last seasons squad was complete shite. The more of them gone, the better. Im happy to see them off the wage bill and some new faces come in to try and get us back in the Prem.

Oh it's nothing wrong with it, but it's a reality check for anyone thinking Xia is loaded. That we have cash, or have the option to buy our way to success. It's also rather amusing if it's true considering Xia's comments on his ambition for this club. But lets see first.

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:52 pm

We bought 3 players Tshibola Elphick and Gollini for about £12/14 million before selling anyone and the players we did sell RDM and Xia wanted to keep but powerless due to the plebs last year putting in clauses for such low fee's now this can not be associated with sell to buy policy, £14 million for McCormack speaks loudly on ambition but we can't worry about players being offloaded as RDM said himself he does not have to sell anyone to buy and money is there for any players he identifies, i don't see why RDM would lie tbh if he had to sell to buy really he would just say so.

The more numpties sold the better Sanchez Westwood Lescott certainly need removing and Gabby
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:02 pm

Maybe you're right. We'll see how the window develops

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:47 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Maybe you're right. We'll see how the window develops

But if it worked out that by close of window, we have gotten rid of the trash and improve the squad but had a zero net spend would you be disappointed.

what the good Dr spends is irrelevant if we have a better squad surely.
CoE82
CoE82

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:23 am

I wouldn't have been disappointed, but my thoughts about Xia having very little cash would have been confirmed to some degree.

He's been talking a lot since he took over. It's time to do the walk.

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:37 am

Joppe84 wrote:I wouldn't have been disappointed, but my thoughts about Xia having very little cash would have been confirmed to some degree.

He's been talking a lot since he took over. It's time to do the walk.

the can't disagree, but we've been done the throwing money at it route to to early Lerner years a look where it's got us.

I the real serious spending will come January if we're pushing for automatic/play offs and then if we come up next summer, we all know that if you throw money about the confetti your gonna get the good for nothing leaches.

myself I'd rather not go down that route again, we we we we have faith.
CoE82
CoE82

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:18 am

The more time goes on the more apparent it's becoming that it's nothing to do with how much cash Xia has or not but all about the amount of squad places spare and the wage bill level likely for FFP or whatever. At the end of the day the squad had 30 players i believe? Way too many and it's understandable that some just had to leave purely on numbers.

Some have of course left, Clark, Richardson, Gueye, Gil, Guzan, Nzogbia thus far of the mainstays with more to follow like Sanchez (italy) Veretout and most likely Sinclair as a minimum. Some lesser lights have departed too of course but excluding them that's still some NINE players who played 1st team footy last season gone or going! That's quite a lot actually.

................................Guzan
.....................................Clark........Richardson
Nzogbia......Veretout......Sanchez......Gueye........Sinclair
................................Gil

Thats a fair old chunk of last seasons team AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 226846862
Ok i know Nzogbia barely featured last year but he has in the past of course
The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:29 am

championship FFP would be irrelevant if we were promoted this season, other clubs have proved that the fines can be negotiated down to nothing, and as the fines are then donated to charity the football league does not pursue them in the courts, any transfer embargo would only apply if we were to remain in the championship.

Also the figures are looked at over a 3 year period, you are allowed 61m in losses for each season in the premiership and 13m losses for the championship, so as long as villa do not exceed £135m losses over this 3 year period we would face no sanctions at all.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:14 am

Well Tony has enough money to buy the club cash, satisfy both the FA and PL he has the cash available to buy then run the club for years to come and has funded the biggest net spend in the league so far? Yes things would have been much better under someone like Lerner?

Who cares how much or little money he has? One thing is for sure he is not going to tell you!

Buying a player for 12m with no PL experience but over the past 6 years has scored more goals and has the highest number of assists from open play in the league we are currently in speaks volumes to me. He has so far showed he will spend money when needed not just buying a bunch of no hopers and keeping his fingers crossed?

Deluded, naïve and juvenile!!
DelboyVilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 15 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:24 am

Careful Delboy, he'll start calling you names!
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:28 am

Wriggle wrote:Careful Delboy, he'll start calling you names!

Sticks and stones???
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:53 am

Wriggle wrote:Careful Delboy, he'll start calling you names!

Coming from someone that posts 100% with suppression techniques. The irony.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:56 am

DelboyVilla wrote:

Well Tony has enough money to buy the club cash, satisfy both the FA and PL he has the cash available to buy then run the club for years to come and has funded the biggest net spend in the league so far? Yes things would have been much better under someone like Lerner?

Who cares how much or little money he has? One thing is for sure he is not going to tell you!

Buying a player for 12m with no PL experience but over the past 6 years has scored more goals and has the highest number of assists from open play in the league we are currently in speaks volumes to me. He has so far showed he will spend money when needed not just buying a bunch of no hopers and keeping his fingers crossed?

Deluded, naïve and juvenile!!

It's amazing how touchy people get when you dare to question the wealth of an owner large forum communities has claimed to have the Chinese government as a financial backer. So far he hasn't shown anything, but talk. Considering our sales, our parachute payments and wage cuts we should have been spending a LOT, we haven't. Thus it's natural to question whether Xia's talk is just that, talk.

I'm pretty sure the next "big" signing for us will come after Sinclair, Sanchez and possibly one more have moved on, but we'll see.

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:18 am

Joppe matey you may end up right nobody knows for sure about Xia and his wealth that is the only thing we can all be sure of and agree on, i see West Spam are in talks with us over Ayew now if he is sold and we end up having not spent all the money recouped i will be a little disappointed HOWEVER as long as we have a good enough squad thats all that matters this season to get promotion,

I believe we will make some more signings and Xia will allay some fears we shall see but lets be happy about seeing crap out the door and McCormack sign he really is a star player other clubs would like to have! UTV!
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:23 am

Wet Spam can get lost, Ayew is ours!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next