The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

+16
4BetLite
DaveAV1
The Utterer
KMitch
ViewFromT2
Thinman
Villa_Dan
UnclePanda
Leafs1201
Dions_Bald_Head
smetro
Boldfinger
Wookster
andrew24561
villajk
Jo64
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager - Page 2 Empty Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by smetro Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:18 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:Andy Gray on TalkSPORT this morning full of praise regarding Eric Black's appointment. He thinks it's a super move by Remi Garde.
His opinion will do for me!

Its not easy to quantify the impact he will have.

I always think the hype around these appointments are nonsense - either good or bad.

Not a dig at RG - But I don't like this approach of appointing a lesser manager, and then appointing loads of support staff around him , Ie Riley, Amstaad, etc.

Get back to basics - appoint the best manager you can get - and let him have total responsibility for the playing side, buying players, appointing coaching and backroom staff, etc.

smetro
smetro

Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager - Page 2 Empty Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:39 pm

smetro wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:Andy Gray on TalkSPORT this morning full of praise regarding Eric Black's appointment. He thinks it's a super move by Remi Garde.
His opinion will do for me!

Its not easy to quantify the impact he will have.

I always think the hype around these appointments are nonsense - either good or bad.

Not a dig at RG - But I don't like this approach of appointing a lesser manager, and then appointing loads of support staff around him , Ie Riley, Amstaad, etc.

Get back to basics - appoint the best manager you can get - and let him have total responsibility for the playing side, buying players, appointing coaching and backroom staff, etc.

Riley and Almstadt were there before Garde. I'm not sure you can call Garde a 'lesser' manager...he did manage Lyon for 4 years....what had Lambert or Sherwood done by comparison?

Also, look at the way Wenger has set his team up at Arsenal...Pat Rice and Steve Bould as assistants...thorough understanding and knowledge of the English game! I think Eric Black is a solid appointment, but as with everything...only time will tell.

also...the point you call 'basics' just doesn't happen anymore...not anywhere. The club have to control staff movement...and players to a degree...the alternative is the constant turnover of players with every passing manager...now that is a recipe for disaster, as we are finding out now.
I believe the club is now on the right path...you could argue that the key members of staff could be improved upon (like Riley etc)...but we are finally set up like a 21st century professional football club.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:38 pm

Spot on T2. We have had no structure since Lerner arrived. To moan about appointing people in proper positions now, is just moaning for the sake of it. Ok it may not reap immediate returns, you can't turn around 10 years of mismanagement over night, but just because we haven't produced a miracle, realistically it's still the right thing to do.

If we do go down, which is looking likely, having a proper structure throughout the club is essential. Otherwise we really could fall into a disasterous downward spiral. If you look at the management structure of most we'll run football clubs, you'll see long lists of people you've never heard of, who together make a successful management team. Without them, as we're painfully discovering you have no chance of developing a successful team on the pitch.

I still hope for a miracle though
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:01 pm

Black gone................

Farewell Eric, you did a great job almost avoiding relegation, your team selections and in game strategies were outstanding and Tony Parks work with developing our goalkeepers was 1st class, I salute you both, now fuck off.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:00 pm

What a turd of a manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:49 pm

Joppe84 wrote:What a turd of a manager.

hes not a manager.
lukevilla

Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:00 pm

He's managed SEVEN teams. Most recently the club you follow. And you claim he's not a manager. By the very definition he's a professional manager and a turd one at that.

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:37 pm

Another fantastic Reilly signing. Get the fuck out. Onward and upward, boys!!!
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by villan007 Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:40 am

Joppe84 wrote:He's managed SEVEN teams. Most recently the club you follow. And you claim he's not a manager. By the very definition he's a professional manager and a turd one at that.

No. No he hasn't. Google caretaker manager. Research the meaning. Then repeat it back to me.

I wanna make sure you understand.
villan007

Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:59 am

Argue all you want. When you enter the role of a manager and get paid for it, then you are a manager.

And just to enlighten you he has had jobs in both Scotland and England as a MANAGER.

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:09 am

bye bye then ....... dont come back ... he should have made changes
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:14 pm

When you've got nothing left to lose, field a team set up hoping to not lose. Complete asshat, good riddance.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:45 pm

villan007 wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:He's managed SEVEN teams. Most recently the club you follow. And you claim he's not a manager. By the very definition he's a professional manager and a turd one at that.

No. No he hasn't. Google caretaker manager. Research the meaning. Then repeat it back to me.

I wanna make sure you understand.

Lets just agree, whatever he is / was here, he was bloody useless!!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:59 pm

Southampton @ 20/1 to get relegated next season, easiest money you will ever earn chaps, bet the maximum #Eric-the-terrible is the new saints asst manager

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha........ fools
4BetLite
4BetLite

Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:29 pm

And I thought they were a well run club.

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:33 am

An unproven french manager with Eric Black as assistant ring any bells?
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2