The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

+16
4BetLite
DaveAV1
The Utterer
KMitch
ViewFromT2
Thinman
Villa_Dan
UnclePanda
Leafs1201
Dions_Bald_Head
smetro
Boldfinger
Wookster
andrew24561
villajk
Jo64
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager Empty Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by Jo64 Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:17 pm

According to the Telegraph, Remi has chosen Eric Black as his Assistant Manager.......
Jo64
Jo64

Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager Empty Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:23 pm

who?

Back to top Go down

Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager Empty Re: Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager

Post by villajk Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:05 am

why him
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:44 am

I had a quick google and it seems he was at Metz for a while. Isn't that where we picked up Reginald Ray from? Anyway, guess it's a good thing that Garde got in someone that he wanted.

I'm also fairly pleased he is British, even if I'd never heard of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:59 am

pretty sure Eric Black was Mr potato heads no. 2 at small heath
andrew24561
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:55 am

andrew24561 wrote:pretty sure Eric Black was Mr potato heads no. 2 at small heath

and at Sunderland too
Wookster
Wookster

Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:02 pm

Seems like guarde isn't getting his boys in from Lyon then.
Didn't black used to be a forward ? Perhaps he can help the strikers out ?
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:18 pm

been watching villa for well over 40 years. I don't think in that time Ive know a significant upturn or downturn based on an assistant manager arriving or departing.
What really matters is how good RG is. Glimmers of encouragement over the last few games - still has a lot to prove though.
smetro
smetro

Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:35 pm

smetro wrote:been watching villa for well over 40 years. I don't think in that time Ive know a significant upturn or downturn based on an assistant manager arriving or departing.
What really matters is how good RG is. Glimmers of encouragement over the last few games - still has a lot to prove though.
And because of our recent cut backs and changing of managers we have some players that are just not good enough or at least not good enough in the positions they have to be played in.

Your right though mate I don't think a new assistant manager or new chairman for that matter will save us.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:03 pm

TBH I hadn't twigged that we still had a vacancy for AM, in which case ABOUT FRIGGIN' TIME! I wonder how he was picked - if Remi knows him already then this is good news for getting the Remi Football Philosophy (trademark) across because I have some faith in it.

Of course if Remi wasn't involved in the selection then it just adds to my worries...
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:47 pm

Another bluenose at the club, well done Lerner.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:50 pm

Leafs1201 wrote:Another bluenose at the club, well done Lerner.

the fact he was at blues is irrelevant
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:51 pm

Isnt Reginald Ray our assistant? According to the OS, he is... http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/WhosWho

Is he leaving? Or 2 assistants?
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:00 pm

Plenty of legends played for them and you'd welcome them back. Grow up!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:54 pm

agree, would take there manager if remi left, look what he's done at noses( hate to say) sold best players ,spent nothing winning games
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:54 pm

No idea if this is a bad appointment but refuse to be bothered on the basis that things can't really get much worse.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:50 pm

villajk wrote:agree, would take there manager if remi left, look what he's done at noses( hate to say) sold best players ,spent nothing winning games

Never mind the fact he is actually a big Villa fan!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:33 pm

Meh... Our last two assistant managers were complete flops and they made us hopeful. Maybe an underwhelming appointment like Mr. Black will be just what we need.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:37 pm

Haven't got a clue about him but i'm pleased it looks like Garde was strong on who he wanted.

Good luck to him
The Utterer
The Utterer

Eric Black - Previous Assistant Manager 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:24 am

Villa_Dan wrote:

Really ? Just another cut price appointment from Lerner & Co, so I don't need to grow up but maybe you need to get real about things.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:26 am

Leafs1201 wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

Really ? Just another cut price appointment from Lerner & Co, so I don't need to grow up but maybe you need to get real about things.

You never mentioned the price, you were crying about him being a bluenose. Do try to follow these things, you did type them after all
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:48 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
Leafs1201 wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

You never mentioned the price, you were crying about him being a bluenose. Do try to follow these things, you did type them after all

Was I crying ? no, fair enough I never mentioned price in the first comment but if we're accepting Eric Black then why didn't we accept Alex McLeish, same thing isn't it.

Your two replies to me made me look to see if I was on Villatalk and not TBAR as it seemed to have a little dig because I had a different opinion to you.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:57 pm

Because Black was Bruce's assistant and saw them promoted, finish above us, relegated, and promoted again. He then followed Bruce out of the door.  Whereas Eck actually WAS manager and sent them down. So not really the same thing.

You immediately made a negative comment based on him being at Blues. I refuted that and told you to grow up, you changed your argument entirely and told me to get real. Now you are whining about me having a dig at you? Are you 12? All you seem to do is complain - about the club, the players, and the fans.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:44 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Because Black was Bruce's assistant and saw them promoted, finish above us, relegated, and promoted again. He then followed Bruce out of the door.  Whereas Eck actually WAS manager and sent them down. So not really the same thing.

You immediately made a negative comment based on him being at Blues. I refuted that and told you to grow up, you changed your argument entirely and told me to get real. Now you are whining about me having a dig at you? Are you 12? All you seem to do is complain - about the club, the players, and the fans.

All I do is complain about the club, players and fans, fuck me are you happy with this shit going on then, get a grip for fucksake and stop being a prick and having a pop because we have different opinions, you sound like a Lerner fan rather than a Villa fan.

And on the subject of Eck, he won the Blues the League Cup or didn't that count because they got relegated 3 months later ?
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:54 am

Andy Gray on TalkSPORT this morning full of praise regarding Eric Black's appointment. He thinks it's a super move by Remi Garde.
His opinion will do for me!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next