The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

New Chairman?

+25
Sky
Villa_Dan
Jo64
smetro
Dions_Bald_Head
achilles
4BetLite
NARLA24
Trotters
jeffvilla
banneruk
The Utterer
KMitch
DaveAV1
Coseley Villa
Synopsis
prmort
Jae1411
villajk
avfc85
EbeneezerGoode
Terry Derry
Barton82
Thinman
rosco77
29 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

New Chairman? - Page 6 Empty Re: New Chairman?

Post by achilles Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:55 am

What gets me is that if the state of the club is in such disarray, why has Lerner allowed it to happen?

Basically we are now saying, judging on Steve Hollis latest comments, that the financial and structural side of things is going to take precedence over the playing football side of things and virtually accepting relegation. This is not what the supporters want to hear but that to me seems like the reality of the current situation.

This whole sorry state of affairs isn't over by a long stretch!
achilles
achilles

New Chairman? - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:31 pm

achilles wrote:What gets me is that if the state of the club is in such disarray, why has Lerner allowed it to happen?

Basically we are now saying, judging on Steve Hollis latest comments, that the financial and structural side of things is going to take precedence over the playing football side of things and virtually accepting relegation. This is not what the supporters want to hear but that to me seems like the reality of the current situation.

This whole sorry state of affairs isn't over by a long stretch!

Indeed - part of where we are is the cost cutting.
Thing is if Garde come out and "says I need to shift the high salaried deadwood" - a lot of fans will say 'to right'. - but its continuing the downward spiral - nearly all the cost cutting will be undone by the lost TV revenue......

Continued cost cutting will ultimately lead us crap sponsorship deals, reduced TV money, and financial reliance of ever dwindling gate receipts, probably mid table championship at best.....sure we may have no debt ....but is that the point ?
smetro
smetro

New Chairman? - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:39 pm

The more I look at this new CEO appointment is comes across as having a YES man that will allow Lerner to distance himself further and further away from the club. I'd be surprised if he ever sat his foot in Birmingham again.

Hollis and Fox are now given free reigns and that fucking terrifies me. Horses for courses, get a football man in - this is a football club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:52 pm

I don't get the impression that it's *all* about cost-cutting - we've been doing that overtly for years (as McLeish & Lambert will no doubt be happy to talk about again at a moments notice) & the impression I got is that we were easing out of that financial hole that mis-management (in a collective use of the word) had got us into.

Apart from noises that the ineffectual high earners need to go & the sticking points over potential signings like Adeb-bye-bye were over wages which I can understand the caution with. On the whole I think the summer signings have been, on balance, pretty good. The only problem was a balance of EPL-experienced quality.

Personally, I think that if the club feels like a mess to me, I don't want an in-coming Chairman to be talking the "under-performing giant" rhetoric. I want him to recognise that it's a mess, say it, and then start ripping up the floorboards to find the root of it.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

New Chairman? - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:56 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:I don't get the impression that it's *all* about cost-cutting - we've been doing that overtly for years (as McLeish & Lambert will no doubt be happy to talk about again at a moments notice) & the impression I got is that we were easing out of that financial hole that mis-management (in a collective use of the word) had got us into.

Apart from noises that the ineffectual high earners need to go & the sticking points over potential signings like Adeb-bye-bye were over wages which I can understand the caution with. On the whole I think the summer signings have been, on balance, pretty good. The only problem was a balance of EPL-experienced quality.

Personally, I think that if the club feels like a mess to me, I don't want an in-coming Chairman to be talking the "under-performing giant" rhetoric. I want him to recognise that it's a mess, say it, and then start ripping up the floorboards to find the root of it.  

I agree, but should we go down - we will have PL wages and a championship revenue.
I wonder what Steve Hollis's first move will be ?......
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo64 Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:24 pm

I work for an Accountancy Company and our CEO, a Villa fan, knows Steve Hollis and said he was a 'marmite' character and a bit of a 'bloodhound' and will shake things up a bit.
Jo64
Jo64

New Chairman? - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:36 pm

I've spoken to someone who I know who works within KPMG. He didn't know him personally but said people that knew him referred to him as a genius in the accountancy world.

Apparently him and Randy are friends and he has been doing work for Randy in other roles before being appointed.
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:43 pm

Sky wrote:Apparently him and Randy are friends and he has been doing work for Randy in other roles before being appointed

Same as Faulkner
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:48 pm

Very true
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:24 pm

As with everything Villa related I'm happy to see what he can do and hope he's a positive influence on the club. I still have some crazy notion in my head that Lerner does want the best for the club but is completely incompetent and has realised this and appointed Hollis as someone who is where he is because he earned it and didn't just inherit it.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:11 pm

Sky wrote:I've spoken to someone who I know who works within KPMG. He didn't know him personally but said people that knew him referred to him as a genius in the accountancy world.

Apparently him and Randy are friends and he has been doing work for Randy in other roles before being appointed.

Let's hope he didn't work on the divorce settlement....that's nearly wiped the poor fucker out!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:17 pm

smetro wrote:They were informally approached to help the sale ****Should a buyer be found**** I didn't think to much of it at the time - but the more I think about it - the more plausible it sounds.
Sounds like Lerner is pursuing the sale of AVFC in the same half-arsed manner as he takes to being the current custodian.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:28 pm

achilles wrote:Interesting point that according to Lerner all that has been missing for the last 5 years of ineptitude is an accountant! New Chairman? - Page 6 1662365926

What we needed = Striker,Midfield General,Keeper.

What we got = Another Beancounter.

Still re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic...........
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:13 pm

What a fantastic first week for Steve Hollis, the impact he has had on everything Villa is truly astounding, new signings, important, proactive, inspiring and motivational words of wisdom, new signings, new sponsorship deals already, its having its effect already, new signings, WOW, well done Sir, well done...........

Hang on, the bald fecking idiots done feckin feck all.......... TWAT, we haven't lost this week so no need to do feckin nothin is there. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:59 pm

agree
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:36 pm

4BetLite wrote:What a fantastic first week for Steve Hollis, the impact he has had on everything Villa is truly astounding, new signings, important, proactive, inspiring and motivational words of wisdom, new signings, new sponsorship deals already, its having its effect already, new signings, WOW, well done Sir, well done...........

Hang on, the bald fecking idiots done feckin feck all.......... TWAT, we haven't lost this week so no need to do feckin nothin is there. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't rush things, he took 6 weeks before he decided to take the job! lol!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:46 pm

No signings as yet. Lets see what happens next week. Got a sneeky feeling something may happen.
NARLA24
NARLA24

New Chairman? - Page 6 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:55 pm

NARLA24 wrote:No signings as yet. Lets see what happens next week. Got a sneeky feeling something may happen.

Well it is the end of the month! lol!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:01 am

Well the AGM went well at Villa park. It now seems that I am not a supporter of Aston Villa I am now a Aston Villa CUSTOMER. . .  Well I would like to say to customers service that you are really treating this customer not very well. .
I am astonished at the blatant  lack of football knowledge at my beloved club. I would like to quote something from world war 1.

The British solders are LIONS led by DONKEYS. I thought this was apt for the situation we are in. I was worried before this meeting by Christ I am really worried now by the lack of vision and endeavour of our so called leaders. Randy Learner you have destroyed this club. Scarf Waving  
VTID
Well now the white flag has been raised over Villa Park we  might as well give up the fight. Now let me tell you that I will believe that we can win every game, and this SUPPORTER will be cheering on the Villa win lose or draw. VTID
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:20 am

If Remi Garde can keep this shambles of a club up with the owner, chairman, CEO, and transfer committee he is working with then he deserves a statue, knighthood, and blowie from the Queen
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:39 am

Villa_Dan wrote:If Remi Garde can keep this shambles of a club up with the owner, chairman, CEO, and transfer committee he is working with then he deserves a statue, knighthood, and blowie from the Queen

It certainly will be one hell of a achievement, unsurpassed!
Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:47 am

4BetLite wrote:What a fantastic first week for Steve Hollis, the impact he has had on everything Villa is truly astounding, new signings, important, proactive, inspiring and motivational words of wisdom, new signings, new sponsorship deals already, its having its effect already, new signings, WOW, well done Sir, well done...........

Does he realise he is Chairman of Aston Villa ?

He seems to want to run us like Walsall.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:41 am

Well, I've taken the trouble to read the transcripts, press reports and fans reactions and I've come to a conclusion.

My friends, we are in deep trouble. I am convinced that this bunch of be suited corporate losers who at the helm of our great club are totally incompetent. I also think that they are unreachable and untouchable, similar to FIFA about 18 months ago.

They will run this club into the ground. Relegation to the Championship is the least of our fears quite frankly.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:17 am

Thinman wrote:Well, I've taken the trouble to read the transcripts, press reports and fans reactions and I've come to a conclusion.

My friends, we are in deep trouble. I am convinced that this bunch of be suited corporate losers who at the helm of our great club are totally incompetent. I also think that they are unreachable and untouchable, similar to FIFA about 18 months ago.

They will run this club into the ground. Relegation to the Championship is the least of our fears quite frankly.
Totally agree, sadly.
NARLA24
NARLA24

New Chairman? - Page 6 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:23 am

Much has he hasn't got off to the most inspiring of starts. I feel our only hope in the short term is that Steve Hollis comes good.

He can (and I think will) make a start by having a complete clear out From Fox to Garde .......obviously thats the easy bit......
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next