The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Jordan Amavi

+63
Boldfinger
4BetLite
jeffvilla
FoxyAV
DaveAV1
WendyOz
Terry Derry
Villa_Dan
Thinman
Lazarus
Dazzle
Cha Ching
andrew24561
mefromhere
avfc forever
KMitch
avfcjay
smetro
The Utterer
De Kuip
danclare82
féliré
VillaBill
Deano69
DN1982
avfc85
VTID85
Villa Ranger
CoE82
Villa jimmy
gaffer85
banneruk
Dansvilla75
rosco77
James_Curtis
Jamie Gray
ejs1111
Malandro
NARLA24
Wigteke
GadgetMan
ember
kimbo
Rawlie
Leafs1201
Born Under The Holte End
Jimmy Villian
HarryAVFC
DomAVFC
Andyh
fastbackace
Dgrizzle7
ViewFromT2
Mazrim
South London Villan
tbarrules
1Elliot
gdav
Randy
omariqy
Aesorian
mark_draper
villabromsgrove
67 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Jordan Amavi - Page 7 Empty Re: Jordan Amavi

Post by Villa Ranger Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:26 pm

Dansvilla75 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDON-aMjkzs

Looks pretty handy but can he translate that into the premiership only time will tell.

I know, I know, it's a YouTube Reel, but going forward he looks pacy, tricky and quick of thought.

What really impressed me though, is his tackling, or more specifically the timing of his tackles.

He'll have to watch it though, against the Silvas & Hazards of the Premier League, who will move the ball quickly and then throw themselves to floor and writhe in agony.

He looks to have great potential though.

Good news.

God knows I needed some.

Jordan Amavi - Page 7 1558371468
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Jordan Amavi - Page 7 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:11 am

CoE82 wrote:Come on mods the topic title still saying speculation, let's get it changed to signed :-)

Also can we have it going across the top, seeing as our club site and SSN can't be bothered let's have TBAR Lead the way.

They're so slack, huh? Wink
Trotters
Trotters

Jordan Amavi - Page 7 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:45 am

Statistically speaking, we've got the best left back in Europe...

http://www.whoscored.com/Statistics
Trotters
Trotters

Jordan Amavi - Page 7 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:07 pm

Let's hope he hits the ground running and gets an injury free start to his Villa career. At 21 years of age he needs to be high on confidence while he gains Premier experience.
villabromsgrove

Jordan Amavi - Page 7 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:50 pm

Without wanting to sound like a sour-puss, that Youtube highlight reel doesn't overly impress me. Time will tell, but he looks a little "light".

Edit: to be clear, this is a remark on the video that has been posted and I'm not "slagging the lad off".

Last edited by VTID85 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
VTID85

Jordan Amavi - Page 7 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:52 pm

FFS...'doesn't overly impress me' .....can the kid at least put a villa shirt on before we start slagging him off!!

He's widely recognised as one of the best young left backs in Europe, and he's just signed for Aston Villa.
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:43 pm

I think we have ourselves the next Ashley Cole (or the current Jordan amavi) Looks superb (I agree re the video above, doesn't show his best work)

Great Signing
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:35 pm

I'm looking forward to see him play for us welcome to Villa Park Jordan.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:41 pm

First 45 minutes I have ever seen him, looks excellent!
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:00 pm

avfc85 wrote:First 45 minutes I have ever seen him, looks excellent!

Gotta agree mate....he looks too good for us...lol!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:21 am

He looks a player but I've seen quite a few good debuts only for them to quickly go crap so I'll wait before I get too carried away. He seems to have it all though!!!
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:19 am

looks the real deal, acurrate crosses in from the left  Jordan Amavi - Page 7 498107619
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Deano69 Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:54 am

Never heard of him. But I'll support him, and hope he comes good, the same as I did other players I had never heard of, such as; Luna, Tonev, Helenius, Sylla, Holman.........

I just hope someone told him Swindon are not a reflection on his future full time employment in the PL.

Good luck Mr Amavi. With the way things are going at our club, you are going to need to settle in and knuckle down very quickly.
Deano69
Deano69

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:29 pm

Deano69 wrote:Never heard of him. But I'll support him, and hope he comes good, the same as I did other players I had never heard of, such as; Luna, Tonev, Helenius, Sylla, Holman.........

I just hope someone told him Swindon are not a reflection on his future full time employment in the PL.

Good luck Mr Amavi. With the way things are going at our club, you are going to need to settle in and knuckle down very quickly.
Or Benteke, Gil, Vlaar, Okore... Isn't it funny how we can make arguments to suit the point we're trying to make?

Jesus. The players you listed had zero hype coming in. That's not true at all of Amavi, and I'll happily wager he turns out to be different class to those players you listed.

I think it's pretty ridiculous to compare him to Paul Lambert's pathetic attempt at turd polishing.
kimbo
kimbo

Jordan Amavi - Page 7 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:32 pm

kimbo wrote:
Deano69 wrote:Never heard of him. But I'll support him, and hope he comes good, the same as I did other players I had never heard of, such as; Luna, Tonev, Helenius, Sylla, Holman.........

Or Benteke, Gil, Vlaar, Okore... Isn't it funny how we can make arguments to suit the point we're trying to make?

Jesus. The players you listed had zero hype coming in. That's not true at all of Amavi, and I'll happily wager he turns out to be different class to those players you listed.

Couldn't of put it better myself Kimbo...some people eh!

I'm all for differing opinions...but Jesus Christ, some comments on here and on twitter lately.. Jordan Amavi - Page 7 1420239857

...Amavi was being linked with a move to Lyon. Don't remember Luna being linked with such a club!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:58 pm

I'd never heard of Yorke before we signed him from a beach in the West Indies
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:09 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:I'd never heard of Yorke before we signed him from a beach in the West Indies
Ditto. I also hadn't heard of Gareth Barry - wouldn't have recognised him if a seagull landed on his head on Brighton beach, or whatever that quote from John Gregory was about the Brighton chairman  :)
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Deano69 Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:26 pm

Some of you need to wind your necks in a little.

All I am saying is, we have been here dozens - or in my case hundreds - of times before. I'm not going to pretend everything is ok just because we spent a few million Euros on someone I have never heard of.

We could play a game of "players I've never heard of that came good" vs "players I've never heard of that turned out to be absolute shite", but I know which list would be far longer.

I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt, along with the other guy I haven't heard of that cost about 5-6 million Euros, but forgive me if I reserve judgement just for now.

Deano69
Deano69

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:32 pm

I think he looks great and hope he thoroughly enjoys playing for us. I reckon he'll do a great job linking up with Grealish and whoever's going to be between the two of them down that left side. I also thought Tony Moon looked great so I will just take it as it comes.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:48 pm

Lets give the bloke a chance. He looked pretty good last night, good in the tackle good crosses from him. Only one way to find out is in the premier league, against good oppression, the same way all new signing are judged. For me a good buy. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:22 pm

Deano69 wrote:Some of you need to wind your necks in a little.

All I am saying is, we have been here dozens - or in my case hundreds - of times before. I'm not going to pretend everything is ok just because we spent a few million Euros on someone I have never heard of.

We could play a game of "players I've never heard of that came good" vs "players I've never heard of that turned out to be absolute shite", but I know which list would be far longer.

I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt, along with the other guy I haven't heard of that cost about 5-6 million Euros, but forgive me if I reserve judgement just for now.

We're all reserving judgement, but the difference between how Amavi is regarded and the players you listed were regarded is not even comparable, hence why I can't take you seriously.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Deano69 Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:46 pm

I've trawled back as far as I can on various threads here, but I still can not see where people were calling out for Amavi to come and solve our problems - him being so highly regarded of course - prior to him being mentioned as a probable signing. Perhaps I missed all the talk of him last season.

I hope he comes good, but let's not put the bunting out just yet. It's certainly no sign that "Randy is now ready to invest", as some have claimed.

If it's ok with you guys (and I'm not sure it is), I'll mark him down as "please be better than the previous 'players that everybody raved about after a 30 second youtube clip' that have come and gone".
Deano69
Deano69

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:53 pm

Okay, I'll make it a bit simpler for you. I'd heard of and seen plenty of Nicky Shorey and Stephen Warnock, and a little of Joe Bennett and Antonio Luna before they signed.

They all made Jlloyd Samuel look like Paulo fucking Maldini.

The point is, Jordan Amavi might be great for us, he might be shit for us, but your point about him being someone you hadn't heard of and listing him with a bunch of shit Lambert signings is beyond irrelevant.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:38 pm

I think all football fans think the new signing is "the one", this as we all know is not the case, only time will tell if Amavi is the real deal, I had never heard of him but he does come highly rated! Promising signing , we all must agree on that ?
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:01 pm

I hadn't heard of Amavi because I don't particularly care to follow Ligue 1, I like him because everything I've seen or heard points to a top quality player. But he has to translate his form in France to the EPL to fulfill that.

And thanks for reminding me of Jlloyd. God he was bad. Him and Useless De la Cruz
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next