The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Jordan Amavi

+63
Boldfinger
4BetLite
jeffvilla
FoxyAV
DaveAV1
WendyOz
Terry Derry
Villa_Dan
Thinman
Lazarus
Dazzle
Cha Ching
andrew24561
mefromhere
avfc forever
KMitch
avfcjay
smetro
The Utterer
De Kuip
danclare82
féliré
VillaBill
Deano69
DN1982
avfc85
VTID85
Villa Ranger
CoE82
Villa jimmy
gaffer85
banneruk
Dansvilla75
rosco77
James_Curtis
Jamie Gray
ejs1111
Malandro
NARLA24
Wigteke
GadgetMan
ember
kimbo
Rawlie
Leafs1201
Born Under The Holte End
Jimmy Villian
HarryAVFC
DomAVFC
Andyh
fastbackace
Dgrizzle7
ViewFromT2
Mazrim
South London Villan
tbarrules
1Elliot
gdav
Randy
omariqy
Aesorian
mark_draper
villabromsgrove
67 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Jordan Amavi - Page 3 Empty Re: Jordan Amavi

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:33 pm

I read somewhere that he's hanging on in case Lyon come in with another offer...
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Jordan Amavi - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Under The Holte End Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:39 pm

Trotters wrote:
Born Under The Holte End wrote:
While people are talking about Huddlestone on this thread.....It's a big no from me.

I need to get my glasses. I thought you wrote "White people talking about Huddlestone....". Was preparing for an almighty shit fight. :) :) :)

Whilst I admit to being many things Trotters, racist ain't one of them Jordan Amavi - Page 3 1420239857 Laughing
Born Under The Holte End
Born Under The Holte End

Jordan Amavi - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by omariqy Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:14 pm

Any update on Amavi?
omariqy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:52 am

Trotters wrote:I suspect this French lad will have ideas above his station and dismiss Villa as relegation-fodder (probably a fair enough attitude really).

Let's face it, if he is as promising as has been made out then his agent would be doing a poor job setting up with an interview with this club. Unless there's something big going on.

He exact same can be levelled at Richards. I'm baffled as to why he came here. Clearly it wasn't the money as he was offered more elsewhere. So it's either family related, he was really impressed with our facilities or manager or....

Or........he didn't want to go and live in dreary Sunderland!
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:16 am

Fair comment. But it wasn't like they only offered him an extra £20/week. It was significant. And I'm sure there must be some nice places to live up there. Right???
Trotters
Trotters

Jordan Amavi - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:20 am

There will be nice places up there but by all accounts Sunderland itself is a bit of a sh*thole, I go up to Newcastle regularly as the wife is originally from there and you go just a few miles out of the City and its gorgeous countryside so I suppose Sunderland could be the same.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:22 am

Sunderland is na excellent away weekend but like fuck would I live there!!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Jordan Amavi - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:25 am

omariqy wrote:Any update on Amavi?

Wel NARLA is ITK and apparantly he passed a medical at BMH Friday.

Back to top Go down

Post by omariqy Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:21 am

I really do think if he passed a medical we would know by now.
omariqy

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:24 am

http://www.africatopsports.com/2015/06/22/nice-le-psg-sinforme-sur-jordan-amavi/

According to this (I think), he has turned us down to join PSG?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by omariqy Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:07 am

Medical went well then.
omariqy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:09 am

If you're just here to take the piss, have a rethink.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Jordan Amavi - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by omariqy Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:16 am

Who me? Are you not allowed to call out wrong information? I didn't insult anyone.
omariqy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawlie Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:45 am

Mazrim wrote:If you're just here to take the piss, have a rethink.

Tad aggressive, eh?
Rawlie
Rawlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:49 am

omariqy wrote:Medical went well then.

I don't think you understand how football transfers work.
Trotters
Trotters

Jordan Amavi - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:52 am

omariqy wrote:Who me?  Are you not allowed to call out wrong information?  I didn't insult anyone.

In fairness Omar, you said the other day you gave up on any ITK from this place last year, so A. I'm surprised you're back for the "Interesting stuff" and B Even more surprised you're asking questions on said 'ITK' 8) Can't have it both ways buddy!!

I can't speak for Maz, but I did read your comment the other day to me, followed by the comment about not believing anything that is said on here and thought "why are you here then?!" given you've then asked for an update and followed it up "Medical went well" It does read as you're only here to take the piss.
You can absolutely call people out for being wrong (if done correctly of course) but after admitting you don't believe any of it anyway, it does rather seem an odd thing to do....Also to give a little balance, you too came out with 'info' last year (amongst many others) Yet it is only really the site that still gets comments like yours.

Ok here's how it is for me. I'm speaking as an individual here and NOT on behalf of the forum/site, these are my views. Lot's of people contributed WRONG info over last spring/summer, shall we repeatedly call all of those out too? This last bit isn't aimed solely at you, more a reflection on how I see things, people freely contribute 'info' themselves, but this appears to of been lost over the course of time and it all gets brushed under the rug as "TBAR and their bad ITK" We've openly held our hands up on numerous occasions and apologised for errors made, albeit it genuine and in good faith, like many others (a lot of us weren't even on the team last year, but we still apologise and address it here and on Twitter) whilst also acknowledging we won't be sharing any other info we hear, as we're more intent on having a great forum to post and discuss villa (the speculation part, should ONLY be seen as a fun distraction) So maybe those who come on here occasionally just to read the 'ITK' and scoff at those proclaiming to know stuff, should ask themselves, "have I too being party to similar in the past" and maybe be a little more humble.

I'm fed up of this forum being seemingly held accountable for ALL info shared on here. It's a SPECULATION thread (the ones that discuss takeovers and transfers anyway) So first of it's not ITK, it's other posters passing on what THEY 'think' they know, given what they've been told and who they trust etc secondly and more importantly, the forum are NOT affiliated with ANYONE'S views on here, be it ITK or otherwise. People speak for themselves, NOT the site. Of course MOST people know this and our regular posters and contributors know only too well how we've constantly reminded people of this (sometimes too often I'm sure, I'm hoping this clears up lingering doubt)

So yes we have speculation threads and yes we allow people to post without censorship, but we don't believe all we read, we just give it a platform to be discussed. If the lines were to keep being blurred between individuals posting THEIR views and NOT the sites view or stance then I'd personally prefer we just didn't speculate at all.

This isn't aimed at any one individual, I just happened to have it in my mind when replying to Omar (so apologies if it appears aimed at you in full, it certainly isn't) As I said, It's my personal view of the situation and I don't speak for the site (the other guys are more than capable of representing their own views, without rambling like me ha) Cheers for reading Jordan Amavi - Page 3 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by omariqy Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:56 am

That's fair enough. I would do the same on VillaTalk as well. I don't come here just for ITK info. More to talk Villa. My info was from a VT poster last year and I was just relaying it. I didn't claim to be ITK.

Re the Medical. You wouldn't have a medical and then reject the club. I would think that it never got to that stage as he doesn't;t want to move here.
omariqy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:02 pm

Well to be fair. It is possible to enjoy discussing football, debate players etc. and still question people claiming to be ITK, when it's clear their stories don't add up. In the last four days NARLA (whoever this bloke is) has said the takeover is done and dusted and this Amavi is at BMH for a medical. Neither seems to be the case. I see no problems to question that.

It's just weird. Any attention seeking football fan can claim to know something and throw out a ton of vague stories and eventually get one right. I bet if we eventually are taken over he will claim to have said it all along.

Surely it's in the interest of this forum to get a load more posters. You won't get there by all this rubbish.

Now it could be the case that this dude has an excellent track record, and I should take all this back. Sorry if that's the case. But I seriously doubt it.

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:04 pm

I think enough people elsewhere have said he was here for him to have probably visited the club - if the offer was accepted then he's within his rights to explore his options (but if PSG are now calling, it's not really much of a contest right now, especially for a Frenchman) and I believe that may have happened. If it did then I would guess that may have incorrectly got translated to 'having a medical' rather than just 'visiting Bodymoor'.

I don't know of course, he may not have even been here, or he may have even had his medical. Maybe he fancied it until PSG got involved - I mean, Dwight Yorke once signed for Blues while sitting in Celtic's offices. Things change in football.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:07 pm

omariqy wrote:That's fair enough.  I would do the same on VillaTalk as well.  I don't come here just for ITK info. More to talk Villa.  My info was from a VT poster last year and I was just relaying it.  I didn't claim to be ITK.

Re the Medical.  You wouldn't have a medical and then reject the club.  I would think that it never got to that stage as he doesn't;t want to move here.

Which is pretty much how most other info gets shared and then labelled ITK, point is it's shared in good faith. That's the key. Is it deliberate BS or is it someone thinking they know something and wish to share with others? So who gets labelled a bullshitter and who gets labelled as genuinely relaying what they've heard?! Tricky huh?!

We as a site do our best to manage expectations and also try and weed out the potential for blatant misleading. That's all we can do (apart from not allow it at all, but why censor people over a small minority?!) The key for me and what I hope I got across is be it right or wrong info NO ONE is the voice of the site, we are just the platform for people to share in (hopefully) an environment that is respectful and mindful of it being shared in good faith. When does one need 'calling out' and when is it purely 'Hey it was wrong, but thanks for relaying it anyway' I don't think we should be so quick to call people out. As long as it's passed on with the right intent, so what if it's wrong? It's not life or death here, it's just transfer gossip or takeover related stuff, nobody get's hurt. So if you're posting in good faith, maybe think about the delivery of said info. "I've heard xy z but it may not be true, however thought I'd share" will always be received better than "my source says" or speaking with complete authority on the matter. Just an observation though!! Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:07 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Well to be fair. It is possible to enjoy discussing football, debate players etc. and still question people claiming to be ITK, when it's clear their stories don't add up. In the last four days NARLA (whoever this bloke is) has said the takeover is done and dusted and this Amavi is at BMH for a medical. Neither seems to be the case. I see no problems to question that.

It's just weird. Any attention seeking football fan can claim to know something and throw out a ton of vague stories and eventually get one right. I bet if we eventually are taken over he will claim to have said it all along.

Surely it's in the interest of this forum to get a load more posters. You won't get there by all this rubbish.

Now it could be the case that this dude has an excellent track record, and I should take all this back. Sorry if that's the case. But I seriously doubt it.
Actually, he does have proven info beforehand. 100%? No. But sometimes information before it's even hit the media? Yep.

If we thought he was just trolling, it would have been dealt with. We allow people the opportunity to speak without jumping all over them. But if it becomes apparent they are just on the wind up, they don't last long, contrary to the absolute bull shit nonsense that some other places like to spread about this place.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:13 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Well to be fair. It is possible to enjoy discussing football, debate players etc. and still question people claiming to be ITK, when it's clear their stories don't add up. In the last four days NARLA (whoever this bloke is) has said the takeover is done and dusted and this Amavi is at BMH for a medical. Neither seems to be the case. I see no problems to question that.

Valid points and If you'd been a member longer you'd probably of noticed all the work the team have put in to try and make sure people get a balanced view on speculation, whilst being allowed to make their own minds up as to what is right or wrong. Something like a medical, is difficult to argue one way or the other. Just because the guy doesn't sign doesn't mean he hasn't had a medical for instance (equally it doesn't mean he has) I think as with most things, it's about 'delivery' be it the initial info shared or the 'calling out' if it's all done with a respectful tone then we don't have any problems. It's when things border on offensive (as you were last week a couple of times) For me you lose the validity of any point you're trying to make when it becomes offensive. So as much as those passing on info have a responsibility to consider how they approach it and the implications etc so do those all too ready to 'call people out'
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:30 pm

Well I'm sorry if that offended anyone. I'm generally very blunt as a person and tend to say things as I'm told or read without sugarcoating at all, and I suspect nationality and culture differences can shine through, but I don't intend on insulting people. Anyway, apologies.

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:49 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Well I'm sorry if that offended anyone. I'm generally very blunt as a person and tend to say things as I'm told or read without sugarcoating at all, and I suspect nationality and culture differences can shine through, but I don't intend on insulting people. Anyway, apologies.

Fair enough and accepted mate. Line drawn under it Jordan Amavi - Page 3 3769219917 You've made some other good contributions, especially with the DD process on the takeover thread, so keep posting! You'll come to realise that despite internet reputations we're actually a really decent forum with some great posters and a lot of good friendly debate/discussion UTV
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:52 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Well I'm sorry if that offended anyone. I'm generally very blunt as a person and tend to say things as I'm told or read without sugarcoating at all, and I suspect nationality and culture differences can shine through, but I don't intend on insulting people. Anyway, apologies.

On nationalities, I have a Swedish friend and he like you is pretty direct and blunt, but also acknowledges it's a cultural thing. I think if I had to pay as much for beer as you do, I'd be pretty blunt too haha!! However Oslo is a beautiful place to live I'd imagine?!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next