The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+63
Gordonsleftboot
LukeWilliamsOBE
Thinman
Mikethevillan
viva_la_amo
Stratfordvilla
bazzah
TheTechniqueSMC
1Elliot
AntJac
thegaffer6
ROTTERDAM1982
danclare82
clarryblue
avfc85
Villabandit
TED
vbm
AstonThriller
jeffvilla
UnclePanda
South London Villan
banneruk
Dansvilla75
Keyser Soze
Sky
Cha Ching
GodzoneVilla
LVBrit
Jimmycarr
DaveAV1
Wookster
aberdarevilla
B62 Villa
gdav
Trotters
Villas Trudge
Dions_Bald_Head
Suits
KMitch
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
ember
DelboyVilla
kimbo
The Utterer
jvilla
holtehero
tbarrules
avfcjoe
Jamie Gray
ejs1111
Dgrizzle7
DN1982
Chrissylee1111
Villa_Dan
mark_draper
smetro
GadgetMan
bruka
villabromsgrove
ViewFromT2
deadbuzzardalive
67 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Trotters Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:54 am

Chrissylee1111 wrote:Trotters, it certainly isn't a wind up, I also donor have to make up friends lol. You haven't got to believe me, all I was doing was passing on info. He may well be wrong but I believe him.

I'm not saying you've intentional been on the wind up or that your mate was. We have had nailed on news from inside ML before that's not come to fruition. At least not yet. I do wonder if the people that DO know what's going on are spinning a bit of shit to those that don't knowing that that bit of misdirection will get out. Maybe they feel it buys the club a bit of time before the natives start getting restless? Who knows....but I'm not convinced by them any more than I'm convinced by those getting info purely from HH; that info just seems to be what the club is prepared to release rather than anything with meat on it.

Last edited by Trotters on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 5_star13

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by kimbo Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:55 am

Trotters wrote:

Whoever it is, I do feel confident that Vimbo is coming to an end very soon. Then the truly silly-season will start when we expect to sign Messi :) :) :) whilst ending up with some Albanian Div 2 hopeful.

Yeah but he'll be the 'Albanian Messi' - after all, the 'Togolese Zidane' worked wonders for us   cheers
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:55 am

smetro wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
smetro wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
Suits wrote:Paul Smith's consortium won't be taking over Villa. (IMHO of course Wink )
Randy is a decent man, he might not be the brightest football club owner or businessman but he won't sell AVFC to a 'borrowed' money bidder. I'm 100% sure of this so I agree with you Suits.

Unless Smith is actually the only show in town.
Even then Smetro, I don't think Randy would sell to a buyer using hedge funds. The one positive thing that I've learned about RL in the last eight years is that he has respect for Villa and it's tradition. He's worked hard over the last few seasons at stabilising an out of control wage bill and he's turned loans into equity in order to make sure that Villa are self sustaining and debt free (even though it was done far too drastically and nearly cost us our Premier status). I don't see him loading us with debt again in a much more dangerous fashion just to get away from Villa. He's not that kind of guy.

Don't forget this is the man that appointed Alex Mcleish - Nothing is off the agena IMO.

Siths £150m - Leveraged or not - or trying to sell us a championship club in 12 months time - at half that cost. He's a better man than me if he declines a further smith offer !
Appointing McLeish was down to knowing nothing about football and being impressed by Sir Alex Ferguson's opinion, it wasn't about saving money. I honestly believe that Randy will strive to do the honourable thing for Villa. He's probably too decent for his own good.
villabromsgrove

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:56 am

Right now I'd settle for the German ladies XI
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:58 am

Trotters wrote:Just about every measure has two parties going toe to toe; one American, one Chinese. The Tony Adams Azerbaijani link seems to have faded somewhat.

The American we've been told is cashed up and does not like to lose. The Chinese we're guessing at.
If it's Azerbaijani then we know who that is.

I'd like Americans for the simple reason that when they sell us on, I think there's more chance that they'll have the club's a best future interests at heart. For some reason, I think the Chinese would fail to really grasp that and will flog us to asset strippers if the price was right.

I also feel that the Chinese would be purely business driven and would try and "Man City" us as far as FFP allowed. For me, I'd be happier to still be seeing some local talent like Grealish and Gardner coming through and given a shot as well as continuing our long standing tradition of being the number one England team supplier, rather than having a 25 man squad that hasn't got an English lad in sight.

Then again, I think my opinion is being clouded by the experience the knuckldraggers have had with their Chinese owners. Fuck me, what a nightmare.

Whoever it is, I do feel confident that Vimbo is coming to an end very soon. Then the truly silly-season will start when we expect to sign Messi :) :) :) whilst ending up with some Albanian Div 2 hopeful.

I'm as sure as I can be that Tony Adams is linked to the Paul Smith bid now, that is UK driven. I think the Azerbaijan link is old news now. Might be wrong though. As I said earlier, I don't think they're really at the table currently, but this may change. I personally don't want them anywhere near us.
Jamie Gray

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:59 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
smetro wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
smetro wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
Suits wrote:Paul Smith's consortium won't be taking over Villa. (IMHO of course Wink )
Randy is a decent man, he might not be the brightest football club owner or businessman but he won't sell AVFC to a 'borrowed' money bidder. I'm 100% sure of this so I agree with you Suits.

Unless Smith is actually the only show in town.
Even then Smetro, I don't think Randy would sell to a buyer using hedge funds. The one positive thing that I've learned about RL in the last eight years is that he has respect for Villa and it's tradition. He's worked hard over the last few seasons at stabilising an out of control wage bill and he's turned loans into equity in order to make sure that Villa are self sustaining and debt free (even though it was done far too drastically and nearly cost us our Premier status). I don't see him loading us with debt again in a much more dangerous fashion just to get away from Villa. He's not that kind of guy.

Don't forget this is the man that appointed Alex Mcleish - Nothing is off the agena IMO.

Siths £150m - Leveraged or not - or trying to sell us a championship club in 12 months time - at half that cost. He's a better man than me if he declines a further smith offer !
Appointing McLeish was down to knowing nothing about football and being impressed by Sir Alex Ferguson's opinion, it wasn't about saving money. I honestly believe that Randy will strive to do the honourable thing for Villa. He's probably too decent for his own good.

That little episode right there summed our up naive owner and their complete sugarbag of a manager to a tee. Off topic, I know, but I really hope someone at the FA comes out and tells the world what a corrupt piece of shit that bloke was.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:01 pm

We have to be wary of any owner - for every Carson Yeung there's a Peter Lim, equally for every rich Yank there's a Gillet and Hicks
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:02 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:
Trotters wrote:Just about every measure has two parties going toe to toe; one American, one Chinese. The Tony Adams Azerbaijani link seems to have faded somewhat.

The American we've been told is cashed up and does not like to lose. The Chinese we're guessing at.

I'd like Americans for the simple reason that when they sell us on, I think there's more chance that they'll have the club's a best future interests at heart. For some reason, I think the Chinese would fail to really grasp that and will flog us to asset strippers if the price was right.

I also feel that the Chinese would be purely business driven and would try and "Man City" us as far as FFP allowed. For me, I'd be happier to still be seeing some local talent like Grealish and Gardner coming through and given a shot as well as continuing our long standing tradition of being the number one England team supplier, rather than having a 25 man squad that hasn't got an English lad in sight.

Then again, I think my opinion is being clouded by the experience the knuckldraggers have had with their Chinese owners. Fuck me, what a nightmare.

I'm as sure as I can be that Tony Adams is linked to the Paul Smith bid now, that is UK driven. I think the Azerbaijan link is old news now. Might be wrong though. As I said earlier, I don't think they're really at the table currently, but this may change. I personally don't want them anywhere near us.

Why's that, Jamie? I kind of like that a country trying to promote itself would be using Villa as a vehicle to do so. But then, Azerbaijan could be the central command of child slavery, sex trades and opium smuggling for all know. It's one of the few countries I genuinely could not find on a map. I suppose I should be careful what I wish for.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:04 pm

I'd be open to opium smuggling, it'd liven up match days...
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:06 pm

Trotters wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:Trotters, it certainly isn't a wind up, I also donor have to make up friends lol. You haven't got to believe me, all I was doing was passing on info. He may well be wrong but I believe him.

I'm not saying you've intentional been on the wind up or that your mate was. We have had nailed on news from inside ML before that's not come to fruition. At least not yet. I do wonder if the people that DO know what's going on are spinning a bit of shit to those that don't knowing that that bit of misdirection will get out. Maybe they feel it buys the club a bit of time before the natives start getting restless? Who knows....but I'm not convinced by them any more than I'm convinced by those getting info purely from HH; that info just seems to be what the club is prepared to release rather than anything with meat on it.

I'll back up what Trotters has just said Chrissy. On several occasions over the last few months we've had '100%' nailed on info from Merrill Lynch related people. None of this info has come to fruition. It made us wonder whether there was some deliberate misinformation being leaked to muddy the waters at a delicate time?

It's no reflection on your mate's info, we're pleased to have it so keep sharing CL because speculation is like oxygen at the moment. We need it to get through the daily grind of being a Villa fan!AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 3769219917
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:08 pm

I'm seeing a lot on social media about this week being "the week" we hear something in regards to a takeover.

Are people simply guessing or have I missed something? (Wouldn't be the first time)
mark_draper

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:09 pm

Trotters wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:

Why's that, Jamie? I kind of like that a country trying to promote itself would be using Villa as a vehicle to do so. But then, Azerbaijan could be the central command of child slavery, sex trades and opium smuggling for all know. It's one of the few countries I genuinely could not find on a map. I suppose I should be careful what I wish for.

I mean the group behind the bid, not the country. As several others have commented, I think they're struggling for funds, which worries me.
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:12 pm

Darren Bent and Enda Stevens now officially released....wage bill looking better today!

Ron Vlaar has been offered a new deal, and Chris Herd will be given the chance to impress Sherwood in pre-season

All on OS
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Chris Herd just won't go away!
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:26 pm

If we were not going to invest I am sure we Would have kept Darren Bent And he Would've stayed on lower Wages. This is good news.

Not sure Why the Club Want to Even look at Chris Herd. He isn't a Premier League Player for me.
tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:32 pm

Seems odd, huh? Maybe he's begged for a chance on lower wages?

Housebrick Bent will now become more of a legend with each passing day.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:39 pm

kimbo wrote:Chris Herd just won't go away!

Ahem...fair play to Sherwood giving Chris Herd a chance now that Darren Bent is out of the picture....may see a different lad!

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 16 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:45 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:

Ahem...fair play to Sherwood giving Chris Herd a chance now that Darren Bent is out of the picture....may see a different lad!

That rumour was bollocks
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:49 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:

That rumour was bollocks
Yep. Even Chris Herd said so himself on his Twitter account that it was bollocks.

Never let facts get in the way of a good myth though  :)
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:17 pm

I hope the rumour about him making a plasterer's radio out of Potato Head's daughter was true though.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:23 pm

Trotters wrote:I hope the rumour about him making a plasterer's radio out of Potato Head's daughter was true though.

He was briefly living with her after he first joined Villa so that one is definitely true!
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:09 pm

Trotters wrote:Seems odd, huh? Maybe he's begged for a chance on lower wages?

Putting Herd's obvious problems aside, you still have a VERY average footballer that is now 25/26 Unless he's playing for nowt, I see no reason to keep him. That's the only logical explanation. Very little in wages and no other interested clubs, so villa willing to give him a chance at (you can't even say rediscovering form) Just a chance I guess. Kinda nice if it's the club looking after him a little as he's had some dark times. Hope he turns it all around.

All that said, has it been confirmed by Villa or just a rumour? Ha!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:15 pm

Trotters wrote:I hope the rumour about him making a plasterer's radio out of Potato Head's daughter was true though.
wasn't that Lee Hendrie?
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:18 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Trotters wrote:Seems odd, huh? Maybe he's begged for a chance on lower wages?

Putting Herd's obvious problems aside, you still have a VERY average footballer that is now 25/26 Unless he's playing for nowt, I see no reason to keep him. That's the only logical explanation. Very little in wages and no other interested clubs, so villa willing to give him a chance at (you can't even say rediscovering form) Just a chance I guess. Kinda nice if it's the club looking after him a little as he's had some dark times. Hope he turns it all around.

All that said, has it been confirmed by Villa or just a rumour? Ha!

It was on the OS that I saw it mate
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:44 pm

Hopefully Herd has gotten past all his issues
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next