The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night)

+31
avfcjoe
South London Villan
CoE82
VTID85
UnclePanda
KMitch
Dazzle
Army villain
GadgetMan
plastic
Rattler
NARLA24
Synopsis
Mazrim
mefromhere
kimbo
Saunders82
Thinman
FoxyAV
VillaBill
The Utterer
Villa_Dan
Dions_Bald_Head
logout
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
jeffvilla
achilles
villabromsgrove
thegaffer6
lukevilla
Trotters
35 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 4 Empty Re: Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night)

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:59 pm

Penalty .... where were myself and my two sons when it was taken?

I shot into the hall and slammed the door closed with my number two son and we were la la la'ing our heads off so we couldn't hear what was happening. A minute later we found my number four son in the washing basket with the lid on his head shouting we've scored, we've scored, we've scored!!!!!

I will never forget this moment, no matter what happens this season .... UP THE VILLA!!!!

Last edited by villabromsgrove on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
villabromsgrove

Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 4 Empty Re: Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night)

Post by Saunders82 Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:09 pm

HEAVEN Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 4 3769219917 even though we tried our hardest to cock it up, but I'll take the 3 points Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 4 1815562058
Saunders82
Saunders82

Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:14 pm

Saunders82 wrote:HEAVEN  Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 4 3769219917 even though we tried our hardest to cock it up, but I'll take the 3 points Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 4 1815562058
Nice one Saunders. Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 4 3769219917
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:18 pm

We need to keep this feeling through to the Sunderland match, which means showing that the FA cup is not a priority and playing a second team. WBA can have it, I want to stay in the Premier League!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:24 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:We need to keep this feeling through to the Sunderland match, which means showing that the FA cup is not a priority and playing a second team. WBA can have it, I want to stay in the Premier League!

So finally get 2 goals and determination to scrap out a win and then give it all up by deliberately playing a worse team against West Brom in the cup? No thanks. Go out to win it and keep the momentum which is huge!
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:29 pm

I don't want extra matches to relegate us. If the squad can do it fine, if not then WBA can have it.

There is only one thing I'm focussed on.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:33 pm

I think if you look at that side today and see Sinclair, Gil, Grealish, Bacuna all able to come in should we need them then we'll be fine with 2 more games in the season before a potential final. Only doubts would be at the back but as long as we can keep Okore and Clark in the side we'll do just fine
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:41 pm

A question to all when was the last time you felt like this, up the villa
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:48 pm

jeffvilla wrote:A question to all when was the last time you felt like this, up the villa

When Ajax came to visit
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:59 pm

I'm probably giving the wrong negative impression here, but my concerns are based solely on the effect that progress in the FA Cup would have on our battle for Premier League survival.

For example if we beat the Baggies this weekend then the semi final would be a huge nerve sapping trip to Wembley for both players and fans. It would also mean that a relegation defining battle between us and QPR would be postponed and would have to be fitted into the middle of a bunch of horrible and critical games.

If we draw against WBA then the replay would come between the Sunderland and Swansea matches, giving us three emotionally draining matches in a week.

If we won our semi final then our players may then be ducking 50/50 tackles and playing within themselves during our most important games of the season, to try to make sure that they are fit and uninjured in order to play their once in a life time game at the FA Cup Final.

I want us to win every game, but I've just taken a step back from the Quarter Final match to try to look at what is best for Villa's survival. Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:09 pm

I understand where you coming from but I don't think TS would allow them to pull out if we made the final, we need the good feel factor to keep going, they showed fight tonight, and that's the 1st time I've seen it all season, no one is safe and I think they know it, I love the passion TS gas brought to the club, and you can see it's rubbing off on the players.
CoE82
CoE82

Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:10 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:We need to keep this feeling through to the Sunderland match, which means showing that the FA cup is not a priority and playing a second team. WBA can have it, I want to stay in the Premier League!

Stuff that nothing breeds confidence like winning, just keep on giving it everything the results will come. Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 4 50815218
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:26 pm

Premier is everything, anything else is a bonus.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:27 pm

So if we give up the game Saturday and then go on a winning run of 4 games and would be completely safe by the time a semi comes around you'd be happy with that?
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:33 pm

Great drama at the end , i had given uo any chance of us scoring a second , what a magic moment the penalty was and Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 4 3769219917 to Benteke , his kahunas  were huge to stay that calm !

it should be a huge confidence boost to both the scorers, Gabby has now set a benchmark he needs to adhere to !

As regards the cup game , us as fans have "earned " a day out at Wembley after the dross we have had to put up with under Lambert , so even before tonight my priority if given a choice would of been the cup game !

The crowd will be interesting , a poor turnout for a local derby tonight , but what a way to win a game, loved it !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:34 pm

mefromhere wrote:So if we give up the game Saturday and then go on a winning run of 4 games and would be completely safe by the time a semi comes around you'd be happy with that?
Honest reply, yes I would be totally delighted. I'm being selfish, I'm 66 years old and I've seen us win all the cups including the FA cup in 1957 as a young lad. Being in the Premier League is the only credible place to be, and if we go down we might not get back up in my life time.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:35 pm

Just got home and totally knackered. Great result and deserved. Should've stuck more past them. So bloody stressful, I'm off for a nice cuppa before bed
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:37 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Just got home and totally knackered. Great result and deserved. Should've stuck more past them. So bloody stressful, I'm off for a nice cuppa before bed
Nice one Dan, well done for being there after your knackering trip to Newcastle.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:40 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:Just got home and totally knackered. Great result and deserved. Should've stuck more past them. So bloody stressful, I'm off for a nice cuppa before bed
Nice one Dan, well done for being there after your knackering trip to Newcastle.

There on Saturday too. 3 games in 7 days and after tonight I'm well up for it.

I'd go Sunderland too if I could afford it. Been a few times before and love a night out in Mackemland
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:42 pm

Love the Sunderland away match. Do you ever go into the Chippy opposite the stadium? Best cod and chips I've ever had!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:54 pm

Nah. Don't really go for the food truth be told! Went drinking on the weird pier/lighthouse thing at 3am surrounded by fishermen once and also had a taxi driver say "£6.50 or a fiver for cash" which is strange. Oh and I put my foot through the hotel wall the morning after when I was in the shower stretching to try and shift the stiff-hangover feeling and slipped.

Good times.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:14 am

Oh the joy. I will savour this weird sensation of happiness brought on by turning the tables on normality, a penalty in the dieing minutes/seconds of a  match that resulted in the coolest conversion I have witnessed and 8 shots on target. Was I really watching the Villa?
oh and the tesco bags leaving the ground, oh so glum, oh so quiet, oh how I smiled.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:41 am

Just thinking out loud, this winning feeling is making it hard to sleep, but N'zogbia and Lowton both played well, showed potential, Bent is banging goals in for Derby, Gardener playing well for Forest, Daniel Johnson and Callum Robinson both playing well for Preston, I could go on. Question is how bad was the coaching at Villa, are the players raising their games or was Lambert and his team of coaches that bad and blaming lack of investment was actually masking a multitude of sins?
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:58 am

Just finished watching the match. What a win!!!

Lowton was my man of the match. Never out of position, won virtually every ball, got forward all game long, and put in more crosses this match than Cissokho has all season. He's probably our best crosser of the ball too, so I'm glad he's getting a run in the team, now that Hutton is out for 2 matches.

Bring on the Baggies again this Sunday and book a trip to Wembley!!! I'll be disappointed if we throw the game away, which I doubt we will with Sherwood in charge. A win Saturday and a favorable draw next week could see us in the final. UTV, lads!!!
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:42 am

Regardless of what happens the rest of this season, I believe that if give money and time TS will bring back the pride in the mighty lion.

I watched game at home at that 1st half could if been 4-0, we are creating chances and I know tekkers doesn't look up for it at times but I think the negative tactics and lack of service has effected him, we are now getting the ball in the box (sometimes not as quick as I'd like) and the more we do then the beast will awake.

I'm not his biggest fan but gabby was great tonight and hopefully he has realised that his pace causes defences to pain or drop off.

But big meant to Hutton for putting one on that cocky little runt.

All in all a great night, most if not all would of excepted a dull 1-0 win, but to win and look like a team was great.

Let's hope come Saturday night we fill VP and let TS and the boys that we stand as one.

FIGHT FIGHT WHEREVER YOU MAY BE WE ARE THE BOYS FROM THE HOLTE ARMY.

CoE82
CoE82

Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next