The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night)

+31
avfcjoe
South London Villan
CoE82
VTID85
UnclePanda
KMitch
Dazzle
Army villain
GadgetMan
plastic
Rattler
NARLA24
Synopsis
Mazrim
mefromhere
kimbo
Saunders82
Thinman
FoxyAV
VillaBill
The Utterer
Villa_Dan
Dions_Bald_Head
logout
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
jeffvilla
achilles
villabromsgrove
thegaffer6
lukevilla
Trotters
35 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 5 Empty Re: Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night)

Post by jeffvilla Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:31 am

After recording  the match I watched the after game community.  Savage was being a real dick. You could see him seething,  it was a sending off for hutton, no way a penalty when gabby was through on goal. 
The bloke is a tool of the highest order. Come on you villa boys, lets stuff them again and get a trip to Wembley.
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 5 Empty Re: Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night)

Post by GadgetMan Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:36 am

Couldn't sleep last night as I was still pumped. I was up for it beforehand and devasted at 1-1 with secimds left (felt like a loss at that point) and then sheer unbridled delirium seconds later. I haven't felt this connected to the club for long long time. I got my passion and love back (it was always there, just squashed by all the terrible times in recent years) fantastic. I said before the game, we'd win and not look back....

Let's keep the momentum going, beat the baggies on Saturday and then get ourselves pretty much safe before the semi final. Not too much to ask is it?! Very Happy Scarf Waving oh and I love Tim he's infectious and like a breath of fresh air for this club. His attitude, demeanour, everything about him!!! Bring on the rest of the season.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:55 am

Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 5 Tumblr_nkogcmVHpT1rv88hyo1_500
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:16 am

mefromhere wrote:So if we give up the game Saturday and then go on a winning run of 4 games and would be completely safe by the time a semi comes around you'd be happy with that?

Turn it the other way round, if we made it to the semis or even the final but were relegated would you be happy?

I think we have enough good players to go for both, bearing in mind the likes of Lowton and N'Zog need to prove themselves to the new manager, and I think we should go for it. I don't think anyone's right or wrong though, we're all Villa fans, we all want the team to succeed.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:27 am

I think we need to go for it on Saturday - winning breeds confidence and there's a week afterwards to recover. If it was midweek I'd say prioritise the league
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:28 am

FoxyAV wrote:
mefromhere wrote:So if we give up the game Saturday and then go on a winning run of 4 games and would be completely safe by the time a semi comes around you'd be happy with that?

Turn it the other way round, if we made it to the semis or even the final but were relegated would you be happy?

I think we have enough good players to go for both, bearing in mind the likes of Lowton and N'Zog need to prove themselves to the new manager, and I think we should go for it. I don't think anyone's right or wrong though, we're all Villa fans, we all want the team to succeed.

If we made it to the semis or even final we would be playing well and winning games so I think we would be safe too. I can't see how deliberately setting out to lose a game would help a team where Lambert had made them so fragile to any kind of negative play. It's taken 3 games to get us winning even though every game we have been playing well but not the confidence to get the ball in the net. Now we've got that confidence we'd be daft to give it up and I'm pleased Sherwood has said he's going for it
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:10 am

I dont think we are going to have to worry about throwing the game on saturday, as it stood last night I believe with the yellows Hutton and Clark picked up meaning suspensions for them both don't we only have 2 defenders available for selection unless Vlaar and Cissokho are due back before the weekend?
Synopsis
Synopsis

Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:32 am

What a game and what a result. Three points .... so this is is how it feels. Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:42 am

Synopsis wrote:I dont think we are going to have to worry about throwing the game on saturday, as it stood last night I believe with the yellows Hutton and Clark picked up meaning suspensions for them both don't we only have 2 defenders available for selection unless Vlaar and Cissokho are due back before the weekend?

We'd better hope Baker and our LB (or Richardson) gets better quickly! We can always have Lowton at LB and Bacuna at LB if we're desperate. I'm not sure who'd go in the middle if Baker isn't fit though.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:49 am

Donacien?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:57 am

We need to win the FA Cup in order to speed up our progress.

May 2015: Win FA Cup
May 2016: Win Europa League
August/September 2016: Enter Champions League

Take that, Sky and co.
kimbo
kimbo

Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:53 pm

Well for a first game of the season that has wetted my appetite for more. It was a thoroughly enjoyable game, with a brilliant atmosphere and the holte very vocal with the baggies fans helping.
Villa were very impressive in the first half, dominating and bossing the game not allowing the baggies into the game at all (to my recollection the baggies didn’t have one shot in the first half). Villa should have made that dominance pay and have been more than one goal ahead, when you are on top that much you must make it pay. The second half was different in the respect that Villa faded and allowed the baggies to get back into the game with a terrible goal to concede. A corner to the far post with Gabby losing his marker AGAIN, Okore running around like a headless chicken, not having a clue where he was (if he hadn’t of moved he would have cleared the head back across the box) and Guzan actually doing nothing at all in his six yard box! At this point I thought Villa might have folded but credit them they didn’t and worked hard to get back into the game.  No idea why Grealish came on for N’Zogbia as Grealish, in my opinion, is far too lightweight to play the role that N’Zogbia was playing in the middle of the park, perhaps Bacuna but never Grealish? Anyway it all worked out in the end as I would have probably substituted Benteke in the second half but he was coolness personified with his penalty.

Guzan  - 6, Nothing to do but feel he could have done better for the goal.
Hutton – 8, Considering he gets no help down the right-hand side at all, he is brilliant, strong and decisive.
Okore – 6, Lapses in concentration very apparent (Delph had a word with him very early on) but still very young and will only get better, major asset is his pace.
Clark – 8, won all the defensive aerial duels, organises the defence and wants to play football. Will be a big player for us going forward.
Lowton – 7, considering he was playing on the ‘wrong’ side, he played very well, didn’t do anything wrong.
Westwood – 7, works exceedingly hard and is vital, but he is absolutely terrible at taking free kicks, corners etc.  
Cleverley – 6, played okay I suppose but if this is his best its not enough!
Delph – 7, good choice as a captain, great shot and very unlucky, made the midfield tick, always available and pass completion must have been high.
N'Zogbia – 6, thought he did okay always likely to create something out of nothing and worked hard in the centre of the park where it was always congested.
Benteke – 7, Great first half, winning headers for fun, the second half was totally different and I don’t know why, he looked totally disinterested, often with his back to the play not even looking for the ball. I would have substituted him to be honest but his penalty was ace but in some respects that summed him up as he just wasn’t bothered!
Agbonlahor – 9, MOM awesome, back to his best slaughtered Lescott, nothing better than seeing him running at defenders and using his strength to hold them off. Beside that he worked hard all game never allowing the defenders to get a rest, (Benteke take a note)!

Subsitutes:
Grealish – 6, tried but far to lightweight for us at the moment, can’t tackle!
Bacuna – 6, did okay but doesn’t really suit his game in the middle of the park.
Weimann – too late on the pitch to rate.

As a matter of interest, we will not be seeing a lot of Gil as Sherwood thinks he is too lightweight for the Premier League, which I don’t understand at all as Grealish is worse in my eyes. However that is as it is and results are all that matters not how we achieve them.
achilles
achilles

Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:28 pm

I didn't think Gabby lost Lescott, I thought he was just too busy trying to hold him down where as if he had challenged for the ball properly he most likely would have won the header and cleared, I think it was Westwood who left Berahino as soon as the corner was struck who lost his man, but to be honest it doesn't really matter, what I found strange was our 'system' for defending corners, it seemed that it was either zonal or half man half zonal. Personally I would prefer to see all man marking at set pieces as zonal requires players to think and react and thats probably not a good thing for us.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjoe Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:21 pm

Synopsis wrote:I dont think we are going to have to worry about throwing the game on saturday, as it stood last night I believe with the yellows Hutton and Clark picked up meaning suspensions for them both don't we only have 2 defenders available for selection unless Vlaar and Cissokho are due back before the weekend?

From what I remember, BT Sports graphic last night stated that was Clark's 9th Yellow of the season, I thought it was 10 before you were banned for 2 games?
avfcjoe

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:23 pm

avfcjoe wrote:

From what I remember, BT Sports graphic last night stated that was Clark's 9th Yellow of the season, I thought it was 10 before you were banned for 2 games?

I think you're right it's only Hutton that's banned. Won't take Clark long to join him though.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:08 pm

I feel weird.... Is this what winning feels like?? Cracking result, hope after all. UTV
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:59 pm

Great match last night! We fully deserved the win, the Baggies didn't deserve anything from that game, especially seeing as we had 8 shots on target to their 1 in the whole game! I feel like Tim Sherwood's passion and energy can only be a positive for the players and fans alike, I mean he actually demanded more noise from the Holte End during the game!

Hopefully we can kick on from here! For the first time in ages I'm actually looking forward to our next game! Greetings from the main Russian Aston Villa Fan Club on Vkontakte! We have about 2,500 members, but for those of you who can read/speak Russian, here's the link to our main page! Aston Villa F.C. is truly international!
http://vk.com/true_villans
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:07 pm

DomAVFC wrote:Great match last night! We fully deserved the win, the Baggies didn't deserve anything from that game, especially seeing as we had 8 shots on target to their 1 in the whole game! I feel like Tim Sherwood's passion and energy can only be a positive for the players and fans alike, I mean he actually demanded more noise from the Holte End during the game!

Hopefully we can kick on from here! For the first time in ages I'm actually looking forward to our next game! Greetings from the main Russian Aston Villa Fan Club on Vkontakte! We have about 2,500 members, but for those of you who can read/speak Russian, here's the link to our main page! Aston Villa F.C. is truly international!
http://vk.com/true_villans
Spasiba. A big welcome to all our Russian friends, you're very welcome. Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:09 pm

Alas, I myself am not Russian, I'm an English student studying Russian and currently living in Moscow, but I'm sure they'll appreciate your warm welcome! I looked up the most prolific West Brom fan community on Vkontakte (a Russian version of Facebook, although many Russians also have Facebook accounts over here) and they only have about 400 vs our 2,345 (correct at time of posting)! Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 5 3769219917
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:17 pm

DomAVFC wrote:Alas, I myself am not Russian, I'm an English student studying Russian and currently living in Moscow, but I'm sure they'll appreciate your warm welcome! I looked up the most prolific West Brom fan community on Vkontakte (a Russian version of Facebook, although many Russians also have Facebook accounts over here) and they only have about 400 vs our 2,345 (correct at time of posting)! Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 5 3769219917
Spead the Villa and TBAR word Dom, Do svidaniya.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:47 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
avfcjoe wrote:

I think you're right it's only Hutton that's banned. Won't take Clark long to join him though.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=50716

says Clark has 10 yellows lads sorry and all that
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:21 am

Might be because he had a red card?
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:07 am

9 yellows in the league and 1 in the FA cup, does that mean he's banned or not? I have no idea!!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:36 pm

Welcome Dom.

Do yellow cards in the league count in the Cup matches? I'm sure they would, right? Knowing our luck, we'll make the final and three of our lads will get their 10th yellows the week before.

Also, isn't there some kind of moratorium on accumulated cards in March?
Trotters
Trotters

Villa v Baggies (Tuesday night) - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:49 pm

The game he got a red in was the Leicester one and he had already had a yellow before he got the red if I remember right, and yes as far as I am aware yellows in the cup still counts the same as they do visa versa.

The 10 yellow card 2 match suspension amnesty is the 2nd Sunday in April
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next