The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Benteke...time to cash in?

+16
snitum
Saunders82
Green Villan
KMitch
AstonThriller
Dazzle
Army villain
FoxyAV
kimbo
Synopsis
VillaBill
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
NARLA24
Villa_Dan
thegaffer6
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Benteke...time to cash in? Empty Benteke...time to cash in?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:29 am

Does anyone think we should try and cash in on Benteke if we receive an offer?

I ask because for some time now I have held the opinion that either A) he really believes he is a cut above and don't need to even try or B) he just don't wanna be here.

His lack of movement/work rate is a major problem for us, and is currently woeful in front of goal. Fans have been slating Lambert for weeks (understandably), but if you look at the chances Benteke has wasted recently...and he gets no stick from anywhere!
People say he needs the service...he's had the services, especially on Saturday....why is he trying to bring a ball down 4 yards from goal?...just volley the fucker!

I would love to see us bring in a striker in Jan...cos Benteke needs bombing out for a while at least....

Back to top Go down

Benteke...time to cash in? Empty Re: Benteke...time to cash in?

Post by thegaffer6 Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:39 am

I said this to my dad yesterday although I wouldnt sell him just yet. I'd bench him, and give Weimann a run for 3-4 games starting as a central striker as I think he's got a natural scoring ability and will get goals if played in the right position
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Benteke...time to cash in? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:42 am

thegaffer6 wrote:I said this to my dad yesterday although I wouldnt sell him just yet. I'd bench him, and give Weimann a run for 3-4 games starting as a central striker as I think he's got a natural scoring ability and will get goals if played in the right position

I just cannot bring myself to want Weimann to start, not anywhere on the pitch....but we have to do something different.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:43 am

I'd bench him too. Wouldn't sell him as I think we'd 1. struggle to replace him, and 2. it would hit general morale.

He needs reminding that he isn't God's gift to football or above us.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Benteke...time to cash in? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:54 am

If he gets the service from midfield he will score, no doubt. Lets see who comes in before the market finishes. Cashing in on him would be a massive mistake.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Benteke...time to cash in? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:02 am

NARLA24 wrote:If he gets the service from midfield he will score, no doubt. Lets see who comes in before the market finishes. Cashing in on him would be a massive mistake.

What makes you say that?

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:05 am

He will be key to our survival in my opinion.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:13 am

villabromsgrove wrote:He will be key to our survival in my opinion.

2 goals from 32 shots at goal this season.....work rate piss poor, attitude questionable at best.....I won't pinning my hopes on him I'm afraid!

We deffo need another option.

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:17 am

If we could use his money to buy a different kind of sticker then I'd cash in. Better than that though would be to buy another striker(or loan) to stick next to him, that way we can keep both Weimann and Gabby off the pitch. We need a poacher who had a natural instinct. Danny Ing?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:23 am

Mardybum72 wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:If he gets the service from midfield he will score, no doubt. Lets see who comes in before the market finishes. Cashing in on him would be a massive mistake.

What makes you say that?
You don't just offload a striker like Benteke, that would be a daft thing to do, unless it is a mega deal, then we would have to look at it. Just my opinion.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:27 am

GadgetMan wrote:If we could use his money to buy a different kind of sticker then I'd cash in. Better than that though would be to buy another striker(or loan) to stick next to him, that way we can keep both Weimann and Gabby off the pitch. We need a poacher who had a natural instinct. Danny Ing?

Like the way Ings is so calm in front of goal...

everyone saying how great the Mignolet save was from Benteke...but he just blasted it straight at him....low, and a cross the keeper from there, maybe he missed that training session at under 10's!...he did the same against Blackpool from similar position

Rickie Lambert looked a far more dangerous striker than CB on Saturday....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:29 am

NARLA24 wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:

What makes you say that?
You don't just offload a striker like Benteke, that would be a daft thing to do, unless it is a mega deal, then we would have to look at it. Just my opinion.

No I meant why do you think he will score goals with service from midfield?

He's had enough clear sights of goals over the last 4/5 games....he is in shocking form, and shouldn't be playing...but we don't have anyone else. SB/Gabby/Weimann are the reason we're now in trouble...the manager is guilty for repeatedly picking them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:34 am

His lack of finishing is nothing to do with his ability IMO It's his attitude of late, it's awful. He looks lazy and uninterested.

His goals against Palace and United both show he still is an excellent finisher when the mood takes him, and his stats still lie at a goal every 2 games. He just needs a wake up
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:39 am

Villa_Dan wrote:His lack of finishing is nothing to do with his ability IMO It's his attitude of late, it's awful. He looks lazy and uninterested.

His goals against Palace and United both show he still is an excellent finisher when the mood takes him, and his stats still lie at a goal every 2 games. He just needs a wake up

That's a sound post, can't argue with that.

So do we look to bring in competition for his place then...is that the short term answer?

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:39 am

Villa_Dan wrote:His lack of finishing is nothing to do with his ability IMO It's his attitude of late, it's awful. He looks lazy and uninterested.

Gil should provide the "wake up" and signing another attacking midfielder will have Benteke back on his toes again.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:41 am

Mardybum72 wrote:

So do we look to bring in competition for his place then...is that the short term answer?
Kozak is back in 5 weeks.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:46 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:

Kozak is back in 5 weeks.

Don't rate him I'm afraid...he's just too cumbersome for my liking. However, he always looked like he was giving everything he had...and at least would appear to want to do well at the club.....which is something Benteke needs to learn!

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:49 am

Kojak will score goals I think, none of them will be stop the presses, MOTD highlight goals like Tekkers pulls out from time to time, but he'll throw everything at crosses or be there for side-foot tap-ins etc.

I think we could do with another striker this window. I don't rate Gabby, all he's got is pace (and less of it nowadays), and I think Weimann is a better impact sub. Even with Kojak back, we're light up front.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:02 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Kojak will score goals I think, none of them will be stop the presses, MOTD highlight goals like Tekkers pulls out from time to time, but he'll throw everything at crosses or be there for side-foot tap-ins etc.

I think we could do with another striker this window. I don't rate Gabby, all he's got is pace (and less of it nowadays), and I think Weimann is a better impact sub. Even with Kojak back, we're light up front.

Agree with this too...Gabby, if rumours are to be believed, is somewhat of a rotten apple behind the scenes too... :wanker:

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:04 pm

You cannot contemplate selling our best chance of staying up sure to God ?
Out of form ? Yes
Lack of movement ? Yes
Still our best chance of a goal ? Yes
VillaBill
VillaBill

Benteke...time to cash in? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:19 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Kojak will score goals I think, none of them will be stop the presses, MOTD highlight goals like Tekkers pulls out from time to time, but he'll throw everything at crosses or be there for side-foot tap-ins etc.

Agreed about Kozak, I think he's a proper 6 yard box poacher & I think if he'd had the chances that Baker had on Saturday we'd have won the game. Bit of a poor mans Klose imo but he's still only what, 24/25? He will improve
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:26 pm

thegaffer6 wrote:

Agreed about Kozak, I think he's a proper 6 yard box poacher & I think if he'd had the chances that Baker had on Saturday we'd have won the game. Bit of a poor mans Klose imo but he's still only what, 24/25? He will improve

He's 25. As long as he doesn't try to copy Klose's celebration!!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:28 pm

Gabby should never have been given a new contract, Weimann isn't half the player he thinks he is. Only way Benteke should be allowed to go is if its a serious wedge of cash and we know we can get someone better in for definite. Although I do have to admit he does look disinterested of late. Hopefully a couple of goals will change that and get him fired up again. Although I won't hold my breath
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:36 pm

VillaBill wrote:You cannot contemplate selling our best chance of staying up sure to God ?
Out of form ? Yes
Lack of movement ? Yes
Still our best chance of a goal ? Yes
Sums it up nicely for me; I must say I find it absurd this is even being debated. If there are viable alternatives then fair enough, but there are not and with the money we won't spend - not can't, won't! - I just don't see us bringing in someone to replace him that will be anything worthwhile.

Sorry but for me, even on his worst day, he's easily - easily - our most dangerous striker.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:37 pm

thegaffer6 wrote:I said this to my dad yesterday although I wouldnt sell him just yet. I'd bench him, and give Weimann a run for 3-4 games starting as a central striker as I think he's got a natural scoring ability and will get goals if played in the right position

I'm with you on this and posted about it on the Liverpool thread. Weimann is a striker, not a winger or wide player. He has goals in him and has scored in the past. The places Gabby and Weimann currently fill playing out of position alongside Benteke should be taken by Gil and one other, or use any two of Weimann, Benteke and Gabby as central strikers in a 4-4-2.

And it's nuts to consider selling Benteke.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next