The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Manchester United

+22
South London Villan
Morpheus
Villa_Dan
GadgetMan
lukevilla
Jae1411
Mazrim
thegaffer6
gdav
jeffvilla
avfc forever
kimbo
De Kuip
NARLA24
Trotters
VillaBill
Army villain
Green Villan
mefromhere
Thinman
FoxyAV
villabromsgrove
26 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Predict the score?

Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 6 I_vote_lcap5%Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 6 I_vote_lcap23%Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 5 ]
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 6 I_vote_lcap18%Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 6 I_vote_lcap54%Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 54% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 22

Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 6 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Manchester United

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Van Persie, Falcao, Rooney, Mata, then Angel de Maria comes on to replace RVP. It's not surprising that we didn't get at them more:D . I was happy with the attitude and tactics when we went to 10 men, but I take your point about just after half time, hopefully we'll put that right in the near future.
villabromsgrove

Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 6 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Manchester United

Post by jeffvilla Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:31 pm

Better than usual avfc85 it use to one good half one bad half, so we must be improving.  Very Happy
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:52 pm

Does anyone know when Nathan Baker will be fit again?
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:55 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
gdav wrote:Also think it might be worth trying that formation again but with Bacuna in for Lowton & Plus size N'zogbia nowhere near the squad.
I'd love to see Grealish start soon but I'm sure he'll play cleaverly instead of zog when back.

Surely it'd be Hutton in for Lowton? He's been a beast this season

For some stupid reason I thought Hutton had a 3 game ban!!! Yeah Hutton all day long, would like to see more bacuna tho.
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:34 pm

Is it my imagination or does Gabby hold back Valencia just in case?

https://vine.co/v/OXAqbgLgtF6

In fact isn't Okore holding onto his man as well?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:42 pm

gdav wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
gdav wrote:Also think it might be worth trying that formation again but with Bacuna in for Lowton & Plus size N'zogbia nowhere near the squad.
I'd love to see Grealish start soon but I'm sure he'll play cleaverly instead of zog when back.

For some stupid reason I thought Hutton had a 3 game ban!!! Yeah Hutton all day long, would like to see more bacuna tho.

I'd rather see Bacuna than Zog all day long, more running and work rate and a greater goal threat. Zog is ineffective and lazy
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:13 pm

100% agree Dan.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:10 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
gdav wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

I'd rather see Bacuna than Zog all day long, more running and work rate and a greater goal threat. Zog is ineffective and lazy
Yeah that's a good shout. N'zogbia is a shadow of the player he was at Wigan. HIs touch is piss poor, he's slow, lazy and overweight. It really pisses me off that a professional athlete is unfit, it's so basic.
We'd all love to play football for a living except most don't have the skill but what we would all be is fit enough to run around for 90 mins!!! bounce
He also won't go in for 50/50 tackles as he looks scared of getting injured again.
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:23 pm

Anyone else love this stat

Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 6 Mata_s10

Sanchez kept Mata quiet.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:54 am

Sanchez was always going to take some time to get used to the pace of the premier league. He's was utterly lost for his first few games but then started to cut out a mistake here and there, get half a yard quicker, etc. And he's improved game on game. You can't ask fairer than that.

And maybe he's still got some way to go which would make him a stunning midfielder!

As it stands, we have an excellent spine to the team. We need to pass on signing Clerverly and spend that money on a much more influential midfielder (like a Dembele). Offload N'Zog and get someone better. We also need a new striker but maybe Kozak can fill that role?

After that it's down to tactics. One good game against Man Utd hasn't convinced me that Lambert is the man for that.
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 6 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:18 am

Trotters wrote:Sanchez was always going to take some time to get used to the pace of the premier league. He's was utterly lost for his first few games but then started to cut out a mistake here and there, get half a yard quicker, etc. And he's improved game on game. You can't ask fairer than that.

And maybe he's still got some way to go which would make him a stunning midfielder!

As it stands, we have an excellent spine to the team. We need to pass on signing Clerverly and spend that money on a much more influential midfielder (like a Dembele). Offload N'Zog and get someone better. We also need a new striker but maybe Kozak can fill that role?

After that it's down to tactics. One good game against Man Utd hasn't convinced me that Lambert is the man for that.

Agreed bud :)
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:08 am

Trotters wrote:Sanchez was always going to take some time to get used to the pace of the premier league. He's was utterly lost for his first few games but then started to cut out a mistake here and there, get half a yard quicker, etc. And he's improved game on game. You can't ask fairer than that.

Have you got time to manage Villa Trotters? You summed us up pretty well!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:28 am

I keep reading from people that N'Zogbia is nothing like he was at Wigan but I really disagree. He's always been a shower of shit; what happened was he had a run of good games towards the end of one season, scored a couple of important goals and they stayed up.

That's it. Rest of his time at Wigan, and at Newcastle, and probably anywhere else, he has, in the main, been utter tripe. He's just one of many footballers that has stolen a career. The fact that this bloke is one of so many undeserving, painfully average footballers who earn more money in a week that some people do in a year makes me want to vomit to the point where I haemorrhage, thus causing my memory to forever block out anything to do with modern day professional footballers and their completely disgusting and unjustifiable wages.
kimbo
kimbo

Aston Villa v Manchester United - Page 6 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6