The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa vs Leeds United Match Thread

+7
FoxyAV
Saunders82
deadbuzzardalive
VTID85
jeffvilla
avfc forever
AstonThriller
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Aston Villa vs Leeds United Match Thread Empty Aston Villa vs Leeds United Match Thread

Post by AstonThriller Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:10 pm

Big game for us to put some pressure on the others. Will provide some match info later.

COME ON VILLA!!! Scarf Waving
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Aston Villa vs Leeds United Match Thread 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa vs Leeds United Match Thread Empty Re: Aston Villa vs Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Saunders82 Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:20 pm

Another day another tough crucial match, we need to show up for this one cos we have to keep the pressure on and the confidence up for the playoffs at least. I think we have enough but we have to show it, a nice winning run till the end of the season will do confidence no harm at all. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
Saunders82
Saunders82

Aston Villa vs Leeds United Match Thread 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa vs Leeds United Match Thread Empty Re: Aston Villa vs Leeds United Match Thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:00 pm

We need to win to put pressure on Cardiff and Fulham, if they drop points on Saturday, then we'd be kicking ourselves for not taking advantage at home to a poor Leeds side. If nothing else a win would go towards securing fourth place at least, and getting some confidence back.

Xia putting the pressure on as well, basically saying we need to show maturity and avoid what happened after the Wolves game.

That said, after what has passed thus far, it seems almost inevitable that we're going to blow another opportunity.
deadbuzzardalive

Aston Villa vs Leeds United Match Thread 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:47 am

2-0 Villa win.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Aston Villa vs Leeds United Match Thread 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:47 pm

No Pressure lads, all we have to do is win every game until the end of the season, and the others to lose. Anyone seen my medicine. Drumroll Please

UTV big win tonight lads lets go for it.
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:30 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:We need to win to put pressure on Cardiff and Fulham, if they drop points on Saturday, then we'd be kicking ourselves for not taking advantage at home to a poor Leeds side. If nothing else a win would go towards securing fourth place at least, and getting some confidence back.

Xia putting the pressure on as well, basically saying we need to show maturity and avoid what happened after the Wolves game.

That said, after what has passed thus far, it seems almost inevitable that we're going to blow another opportunity.

You should know by now what we need to do is totally different to what the team ends up doing. If Bruce plays Whelan* and Jedi again then we're screwed, Johnstone can only make up for their mistakes so many times.

*although it was heartwarming to see Whelan's as good at trying to get the ball over the top of the stands as Westwood was.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:57 pm

I've given up trying to predict what we'll do against teams, I never know which villa is going to turn up.
So more in hope than expectation I'll go for 3-1 villa.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Aston Villa vs Leeds United Match Thread 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:44 pm

It will be interesting to see the line up tonight, think he might start Kodjia tonight with Grabban, not long to wait.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:53 pm

Aston Villa vs Leeds United Match Thread Darkhr10

Shame, was hoping for a couple of the young lads on the bench.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:56 pm

Every time we drop Hourihane we seem to do poorly. Hopefully not tonight though, apparently Leeds have quite a few players out, so hopefully we can take advantage.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:13 pm

Hope Leeds aren't quick cos we're fecked with both Whelan and Jedi in the team.
Grabban and Kodjia up front with Grealish in behind is pretty damn positive to be fair.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:40 pm

Bruce must've been watching me play FIFA with that lineup.

...except he obviously didn't stick around to see me get tanked with that lineup before I changed it.Laughing
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:46 pm

Should have taken better advantage of our dominance, need Snodgrass to recapture his form as well.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:47 pm

Whatever happened to pass and move, we hold onto the ball too long with loads of players around us, pass the ball and move, FLUIDITY that's what we need, we are too close to each other so everyone is afraid to over hit the pass so it gives the opposition chance to get a foot in, and that's not even taking into consideration greedy players, basic training ground things, come on get it together.Aston Villa vs Leeds United Match Thread 1015550615 Aston Villa vs Leeds United Match Thread 1015550615
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:48 pm

Need that second goal ASAP, Leeds are pretty shit all round and to fall into complacency would kill the momentum.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:03 pm

We've been diabolical this half, equalizer coming.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:07 pm

They have upped their game we need to do more with the ball too casual as we always do with games like this
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:08 pm

Time for Hogan methinks
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:25 pm

Don't we make hard work of things, Jeeezzzz
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:32 pm

Saunders82 wrote:Don't we make hard work of things, Jeeezzzz

It's painful but I seem to remember Cardiff winning quite a few games by a single goal over a few consecutive games earlier in the year.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:39 pm

Well it's 3 points and I think that win means we cannot finish outside the playoffs now so worse case scenario we are in the lottery!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:44 pm

De Kuip wrote:
Saunders82 wrote:Don't we make hard work of things, Jeeezzzz

It's painful but I seem to remember Cardiff winning quite a few games by a single goal over a few consecutive games earlier in the year.

I wasn't saying a one nil was no good, its giving the opposition chances to get into the game, as they say 3 points is 3 points but I don't think Fulham or Cardiff would have given Leeds such an easy game, oh well on to the next game.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:45 pm

That half time talk was delivered by Will.i.am and not the future King of England, Victoria would not be amused. Still 3 points in the bag and we move on into the play-off's.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:52 pm

Onwards we march stumble - Ipswich, derby and Millwall and it's done!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:10 pm

I was stuck in a theatre watching a Czech orchestra playing the music while we all watched Jaws. Not seen it before and the music was good but fuck me, £37 for a ticket, £10 for train, £40 on booze and £12 for a pie. I could have come to B6 for that. Or watched the match on Sky from the comfort of my own sofa.

I couldn't quite work it out, was Whelan the holding midfielder and Onomah in Hourihane's position?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next