The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread

+36
marko63
holtehero
UnclePanda
kevpants
Dions_Bald_Head
Steveallen79
VTID85
switters
Hornso
FoxyAV
GhostDad
Tomy-Flemba
GadgetMan
HarryAVFC
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
mDigital
snitum
De Kuip
kirramp
CTVillan
Wookster
Staffslion
Thinman
Gracon73
Morpheus
mefromhere
Stratfordvilla
VillaBill
achilles
Trotters
villashrew
Green Villan
villabromsgrove
Villa_Dan
My Old Man
Jim
40 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Result prediction:

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap8%Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap45%Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 18 ]
Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap33%Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 13 ]
Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap10%Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 4 ]
Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap4%Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 40

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Hull City match thread

Post by villashrew Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:51 pm

Dawson starts for Hull so I think we really need to get at them at pace as there has been no time for him to build up an understanding with his new fellow defenders. Would like to see us actually have a shot or two today from anywhere and one or two on target would be a welcome change.
villashrew
villashrew

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Hull City match thread

Post by villashrew Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:00 pm

No shock seeing that team, set up not to lose rather than a team selected to try and win a game. Where is the creativity coming from?
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:11 pm

If they've had a midweek game and are potentially a little tired, we need players with a change of pace and who can ping around a few passes to stretch them and keep them running.

But I'll bet our plan is to sit back and wait...wait....wait....zzzzzzzz
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Hornso Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:11 pm

Another clean sheet would be nice. If we do that & score a goal I might just wet my pants.
Hornso
Hornso

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:56 pm

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 4 Captur10

25mins in stats
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:18 pm

Half time stats, good game so far.

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 4 Wtyukl10
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:22 pm

Wow, what a first half! For all the folks saying it's not on TV, there are streams available.

Really strong defensively, really lively in midfield, great passing and great ambition and 'kin 'ell Gabby and Andi have both scored, who'd've thunk it. Hull do not know what to do, even on the break they have no confidence, can't see a way through. Could've been three with Gabby's second strike and Westwood's freekick was a blinder. Guzan took a late knock to the head, looked nasty, hope he's good to go for the second half though as he's been solid so far bar one slight fumble at the edge of the area.

Crowd is in good voice too, it is a really nice game to watch for all aspects.

Maybe they're playing to impress someone......
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveallen79 Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:35 pm

Third league clean sheet on the trot possibly?

3 shots on target in the league this year 3 goals?

The only other three I would love to be true is 3 days till a takeover announced :-)
Steveallen79
Steveallen79

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:37 pm

It seems that some players are oblivious to the ratings they've been given on forums... Razz Razz Razz
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:43 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:It seems that some players are oblivious to the ratings they've been given on forums... Razz Razz Razz
Or they might take a sneaky peek and try a bit harder. Very Happy
villabromsgrove

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kevpants Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:26 pm

Jack Grealish: Yellow Card Generator
kevpants

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:26 pm

Wow, I think I need to lie down!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:27 pm

very happy with that!
7 points out of 9
2 clean sheets out of 3 (the goal we conceded was unlucky)
Just need to be a bit sharper infront of goal (cant help but think a fully fit and confident Darren Bent will have scored that effort in injury time)

Happy days :)
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:29 pm

Great result and good first half but back to hanging on for dear life again all second half. We really need to stop taking our foot off the gas in games like this and go for the jugular more often and kill games off. 7 points out of 9 is a great start to the season though.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:30 pm

We need those 7 points because we've got a tough run of games coming up.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:32 pm

VTID85 wrote:Wow, what a first half! For all the folks saying it's not on TV, there are streams available.

Really strong defensively, really lively in midfield, great passing and great ambition and 'kin 'ell Gabby and Andi have both scored, who'd've thunk it. Hull do not know what to do, even on the break they have no confidence, can't see a way through. Could've been three with Gabby's second strike and Westwood's freekick was a blinder. Guzan took a late knock to the head, looked nasty, hope he's good to go for the second half though as he's been solid so far bar one slight fumble at the edge of the area.

Crowd is in good voice too, it is a really nice game to watch for all aspects.

Maybe they're playing to impress someone......

Second half not so bright - not a horror show, but certainly more of a grind. Hull put in a much more spirited performance after the break, applied a bit more pressure but still seemed to lack vision to finish. I thought Cissokho was unlucky when Jelavic's header went in, for the rest of the game he looked good and it'll be a shame if the goal takes the shine off that.

Grealish is an exciting prospect, isn't he? Thought it cruel that the Hull players tried knocking lumps out of him, but I don't think they knew how to keep up with or stop him otherwise. Cards issued were fully justified for the challenges, would've liked to have seen Jelavic see red as his scissoring challenge was particularly unpleasant looking.

Nervy final 10-15 mins (inc. added time), a bit more of a scramble and felt like it was anyone's to play for more in the final period. Vlaar went down, looks like he picked up a leg or foot injury, hopefully just an "in the moment" twinge rather than anything more severe. Bent didn't offer much but with no real time to do so today it's difficult to judge too harshly. I think the way Gabby and Andi played today, he wasn't going to show them up anyway.

Lots of good to take away from the game - particularly going into the top 5 gauntlet next.

Up the Villa, well done lads.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by holtehero Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:32 pm

villashrew wrote: 7 points out of 9 is a great start to the season though.
Much better start than i think anyone thought and was important, as we have some tough games coming up in September

But we look alot better defensively than we did last year and we certainly played some nice stuff particularly in the 1st half.

hopefully we can pick up a few points from the tough run of games
holtehero

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:34 pm

First half was incredible. We were utterly dominant. But potato head was always going to adjust because he's a good manager. Lambert couldn't change tactics to suit and we were very lucky (thanks, Guzan!) to hang on.

We went from stringing a dozen passes together to not even able to get the ball.

Still, up to 3rd place on the table (??)
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:38 pm

The 2nd half - late on especially - was a grind. But its nice to see the lads can grind the result out. Last season, that was 2-2, maybe even 2-3! The confidence for me is growing in this team. The back 4 are looking good - kinda reminds me of when James Collins, Dunne & Warnock made their debuts for us at St Andrews. I shat myself all through that game, but they was awesome. Like the boys are now.
Hopefully we wont suffer any batterings over the coming weeks (Liverpool are scare me!) and we can be in a decent position come mid October
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by marko63 Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:42 pm

first half was great, Delph and Westy higher up the pitch winning balls in the Hull half but second half dropped too deep again and invited Hull on to them. like the way they played in that first half
marko63

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:49 pm

Well done on the prediction poll guys. We know our stuff on here. cheers
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:51 pm

Wow... Incredible 1st half... Delph was Man of the Match for me... He was everywhere, attacking, defending, passing, shooting. Never looked like slowing down. I was also impressed with Richardson 1st half. He joined Delph in getting forward every time and that contributed to our excellent positive play... Defense looks rock solid and was unlucky that deflected goal went in to deny us a 3rd consecutive Premier League clean sheet. Grealish is a class act. Very unsportsmanlike of Hull targeting him when he came on, but he just flashed them a cheeky grin and kept drawing fouls... The kid is going to be special...
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:55 pm

Why oh why do we persist in hoofing it when we have players on the pitch whom play to feet. We just make things hard for ourselves at times!

A good three points, and another game in which an opposing player failed to score against us. Cissoko should not feel down about the O.G, it happens.

Weimanns goal was sublime, and shows what we can do if we actually pass and move. Lovely finish by Gabby too whom picked his spot nicely. Could of been more, and the signs are good.

My Old Man
My Old Man

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:57 pm

KMitch wrote:  Grealish is a class act.  Very unsportsmanlike of Hull targeting him when he came on, but he just flashed them a cheeky grin and kept drawing fouls... The kid is going to be special...

I worry about his footwear, dont like them short pads.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:59 pm

Delph man of match for me but well done to all the team - all played a part - excellent opening hour or so but a nervy ending .

I think we deserved to win by more - credit to lambert and the staff too - now it's the international break and could be a very exciting time for villa fans .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next