The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Randy Lerner

+41
Saunders82
Meath_Villan
bakerbob
kimbo
thetrees
mickeywya
GadgetMan
Finn07
Elagabalus
Malandro
Jim
Trotters
Mr_Spadge
lukevilla
Villa_Dan
EbeneezerGoode
R1chuk
Green Villan
My Old Man
villabromsgrove
Keyser Soze
Kakacroom
Alpe_DHuez
pcfbavfcoman
AVFClee
The Utterer
johnny noodles
Mazrim
Morgan Villa
Trezzy
garygazza
KMitch
VillaBill
South London Villan
cgale
thegaffer6
Sean
DN1982
Villa Youth
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
gdav
45 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Randy Lerner - Page 4 Empty Re: Randy Lerner

Post by cgale Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:24 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
cgale wrote:
pcfbavfcoman wrote:Two issues, firstly C.Gales defense of Lambert over his two closest and his chosen people at Aston Villa football club.
How can he not be held responsible for two people he brought to the club, having established a working relationship and I should imagine as one was a brother in law, a personal relationship, that in your words were sabotaging the football playing side of the club, they were his appointments, so as the position he holds and the name of that position, may give this away, he is the Football Manager, if as stated he only found out nearly at the end of the season, that to me stinks of negligence.

Secondly, while we have been worrying about Aston Villa since the season ended in May , now into the first week of July it sounds as if Villa has been closed for that period of time, because and here is the worrying thing, he stated in his first statement, business as normal, yet then comes out in July, he will now get back involved. So now we know half the problems at Villa are caused by the business being a 12 month business, but certain people only taking a 10 month interest.
You can see clearer and clearer how MON got away with what he did, with this man in charge.

Of course any excuses to find fault are acceptable by those who will look to apportion blame @ any cost . But the treachery of of those  closest to a person is frequently the most leathal & hardest to spot
If over a period of time two key employees were behaving in a manner that was so seriously in breach of workplace regulations that it was deemed to be a sackable offence, then their line manager is also culpable. Lambert has previously said that he followed the "Mon doctrine" of staying in his office as a more remote figure, so that when he did come out and talk to the players it would have more impact. Clearly PL remained so remote that he failed to manage Culverhouse and Karsa to a degree that they were able to behave badly enough to disrupt the day to day running of the squad and ancillary staff without his knowledge or intervention. Lambert's behaviour as an absentee manager allowed these serious breaches to happen. It is an indefensible failure by Paul Lambert.  

Easy to say if you've never had experience of those who can be charming to a person face to face , but behind their back are subtle in how they work to undermine that persons credance . And frequently it only comes to light when they succeed in their mission , but Villa were fortuneate that there were those who had the guts to stand up & speak out against the culprits whilest others more senior did nowt !
cgale

Randy Lerner - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:25 am

Villa's too big for Lambert -
 seem to think some @ ManU said that of Fergie !
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Youth Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:30 am

cgale wrote:
 seem to think some @ ManU  said that of Fergie !

You're not are you? comparing Lambert with Fergie?

And, anyway, I don't remember anyone saying that about Fegie when he joined them in '86(?). Do you remember any such talk when he joined?

Take a look at Fergie's record before he took over at Man United. Compare and contrast with Lambert's and i reckon you'll find that the Graham Turner comparison is more accurate. Not a dislikable person, seems genuine but ultimately not up to the job. You're on a loser with this argument
Villa Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:51 am

cgale wrote:
 seem to think some @ ManU  said that of Fergie !

Haha now you really are clutching at straws !

Back to top Go down

Post by pcfbavfcoman Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:35 pm

The other teams ability to stop us playing, that seem to be quite easy, get a couple of goals in front and watch Lambert throw on as many forwards as he has at his disposal, normally replacing any sort of supply line we had to our forward players, by the sub forwards.
A tactical genius.
pcfbavfcoman

Back to top Go down

Post by pcfbavfcoman Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:37 pm

Inherited a not good enough and disinterested squad, to some point Mr. Gale your right, but we will be saying the same thing for the next manager, as this squad is possibly worse that what he inherited, if that is possible.
pcfbavfcoman

Back to top Go down

Randy Lerner - Page 4 Empty Randy Lerner

Post by My Old Man Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:28 pm

So, where has it gone?

Whilst we continue to struggle it seems that the TV cash has done a disappearing act akin to our missing owner. So what happened to it?

And are you happy with the situation?
My Old Man
My Old Man

Randy Lerner - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:33 pm

No I'm not happy! I'm fucking pissed off beyond it.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:35 pm

Never mind the money where has our soul gone ? Lerner has brought this club to its knees along with his excuse for a manager.

A man with a somewhat trigger happy reputation for firing coaches at the browns  has let this one preside over two utterly shocking years of management and the direst football I've seen in over 35 yrs of watching.

Should have been sacked several times over .

Back to top Go down

Post by R1chuk Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:51 pm

The money must have been going back to Lerner for some time. Our turnover is over £100m, the wages should only be around £60m to £70m now yet we barely make a profit. We don't have a £30m to £40m transfer budget, so it is only logical Lerner has been recouping.
R1chuk
R1chuk

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:18 pm

The whole thing doesn't add up.

It seems like every other club are able to throw around more money than us. Everton spent twenty odd million on Lukaku and they have supposedly been skint for some time.

Is our balance sheet in that bad a condition or are we in a similar boat to Blackpool where money is being taken out to subsidise other enterprises?
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:26 pm

We are being taken for fucking idiots is what is happening, simple. Fucking sole destroying.

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:43 pm

I think someone needs to demand some answers and do some digging to be honest.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:56 pm

EbeneezerGoode wrote:I think someone needs to demand some answers and do some digging to be honest.

That will only happen if the fans instigate it by making the national media aware by giving Lerner shit in every single game. Support the team, but let Lerner know what the we think of him. Forget the local media, they are are bullied by Doogan and his cronies to tow the line and ask only certain questions.

That was proved last season when a WM reporter was jostled and bullied when he asked Lambert a awkward question after another shameless performance.

The other thing is, Lerner is scared of the media, especially on what they are saying about him. Its a weakness that needs exploiting.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:57 pm

The entire fucking club is broken from top to bottom, but I don't think we're a club the national press will really give much of a shit about. We're not from London or the north west
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Randy Lerner - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:15 pm

Therein lies the rub. The press will only be interested if it was a really juicy story.

The supporters need to be the ones asking the questions as My Old Man points out. The problem comes down to mobilising us. Who would lead such an enterprise? It doesn't seem to be the kind of game the Supporters Trust would play. I suppose there is always the forums and blogs but none of them seem to be asking the difficult questions so far.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:42 am

@JanAageFjortoft: Interesting numbers:TVMoney England last season (million/euro)
Remember:Bayern will max get 50,5 next season
#kicker http://t.co/l4hUj1jNKa

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:16 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RT3GN1dgAY cant we edit this and get this played out at Villa park?!  Laughing 
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Spadge Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:33 am

According the the 2012-2013 accounts, (submitted for year to May 2013), our turnover of £82m was:

Gate Receipts - £12m
Broadcasting - £46m
Sponsorship - £8m
Commercial - £13m
Prize money - £0.5m

Expenses for the season were £96m
including
Staff Remuneration - £10.3m
Player Salaries - (Paid through Reform Acquisitions): £72m

Reform Acquisitions reports that the book value of registered players was £36m.

All of this information is available by registering here and downloading the accounts.

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/03375789/ASTON-VILLA-FOOTBALL-CLUB-LIMITED/financial-accounts
http://companycheck.co.uk/company/05891280/REFORM-ACQUISITIONS-LIMITED/financial-accounts#company-accounts

Hope that helps. Not sure when the 2014 accounts will be avialable, but 2013 was made available on 28th Feb 2014, so I'd expect about the same.

Not sure when the TV money made the jump in size?
Mr_Spadge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:40 am

Prize money £0.5 - I thought 15th place was considerably more than that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:49 am

How come the accounts posted by spadge show prize money at £0.5m - surely it was close to £7m ?

Every club gets an ‘equal’ share of £52,198,111, which derives from domestic TV income (£21,631,444 per club), overseas income (£26,295,817) and commercial income (£4,270,850).
Every club then gets another sum depending on league position, worth £1,236,083 per place in the table, from that sum for bottom-placed Cardiff to £24,721,600 to winners City.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2627954/Liverpool-earn-money-champions-Man-City-relegated-Cardiff-boosted-62m-payout.html#ixzz39VAP8Wpr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:50 am

These figures show a huge increase in to cash too - where has it all gone?
Debts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Spadge Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:08 am

Eastie

Thanks for this - it makes the accounts make a lot more sense to me.

The figures I posted showed broadcasting of £45m, and prize money of £0.5m.

But your figures are for 13/14, while the accounts are for 12/13.

If you look in the column "Last year" that you posted, it shows the same figure for broadcasting: £45m.

From your spreadsheet, the £45m includes money for where you placed in the league.

As for prize money, I think that's money for advancing in the various cup streams - you tend to win £50/£100k per round for advancing.

So I think it all tallies up. It means while we are always talking about £70m extra TV money, it's really an increase of around £25m vs last year.

And since in 2013, we made a loss in our accounts, this will bring us back into profit, but it's in no way being mis-appropriated...

Unless Lerner has registered himself as a player, and is drawing a £30m wage.

I hate to say it, I'm no fan of how Lerner has conducted our sale, but the accounts appear to be in order, and the money is just a core part of how we fund paying our players.
Mr_Spadge

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:09 am

Accounts give me a migraine.
Trotters
Trotters

Randy Lerner - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content