The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Randy Lerner

+41
Saunders82
Meath_Villan
bakerbob
kimbo
thetrees
mickeywya
GadgetMan
Finn07
Elagabalus
Malandro
Jim
Trotters
Mr_Spadge
lukevilla
Villa_Dan
EbeneezerGoode
R1chuk
Green Villan
My Old Man
villabromsgrove
Keyser Soze
Kakacroom
Alpe_DHuez
pcfbavfcoman
AVFClee
The Utterer
johnny noodles
Mazrim
Morgan Villa
Trezzy
garygazza
KMitch
VillaBill
South London Villan
cgale
thegaffer6
Sean
DN1982
Villa Youth
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
gdav
45 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Randy Lerner - Page 3 Empty Re: Randy Lerner

Post by cgale Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:40 pm

Mazrim wrote:Many top managers would not let any situation develop as it did at Villa. They may not be totally hands on but they do know whats happening with their team, otherwise what the fuck are they responsible for? Who watches the watchmen?

You seem to dwell too much on the odd freak result against the better teams, conveniently forgetting the absolute dross that made up the vast majority of the season. Or should I say seasons.
That all depends on how you define dross . If one prejudges a match & brags about the result you think our team should get of course you will be upset coz as they say "pride goes before a fall" . As for freak results it would seem that we had rather a lot ofthose by that reconing
cgale

Randy Lerner - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:55 pm

Eastie wrote:
cgale wrote:
gdav wrote:
cgale wrote:
Eastie wrote:I'd take 3 trips to Wembley and European football ahead of being pissed on 8-0 by Chelsea, hammered by several others , humiliated by a league 3 side and and league 2 side as well as the worst home form imaginable - I cannot believe you are serious - you are surely here to just wind people up !

Sorry I keep forgetting were supposed to ignore the win against Chelski in March  after which the team, fans & Lambert wanted to kick on from if it was not for the sabotage !

Is the sabotage u speak of the false tactics given to Lambert??

And the rest that the duo got up to !

And what was lambert doing while they were up to whatever you allege - he should have been fired too - he was the  manager!

He let them sabotage things by not doing his job. What manager of a football team or any business for that matter leaves their employees free reign?? If he did what he was payed to do he'd take the odd training session & come up with his own tactics.
gdav
gdav

Randy Lerner - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:55 pm

Eastie wrote:
cgale wrote:
Mazrim wrote:Many top managers would not let any situation develop as it did at Villa. They may not be totally hands on but they do know whats happening with their team, otherwise what the fuck are they responsible for? Who watches the watchmen?

You seem to dwell too much on the odd freak result against the better teams, conveniently forgetting the absolute dross that made up the vast majority of the season. Or should I say seasons.
That all depends on how you define dross . If one prejudges a match & brags about the result you think our team should get of course you will be upset coz as they say "pride goes before a fall" . As for freak results it would seem that we had rather a lot ofthose by that reconing  

I simply cannot believe you are serious - your comment that the football under lambert was better than under mon has made me find it hard to take you seriously  in all honesty .

maybe because that's not exactly what I've been saying. The structure of the team under Lambert is certainly better even if the results are not.As under MON we had 3 loosely connected units making up a team which might have been better than having 11 star players not working as a team but neither is as good as 11 players working as a team . But the squad certainly is still a work in progress as the results show but I do think it has the potential to perform better !
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:59 pm

gdav wrote:
Eastie wrote:
cgale wrote:
gdav wrote:
cgale wrote:
Eastie wrote:I'd take 3 trips to Wembley and European football ahead of being pissed on 8-0 by Chelsea, hammered by several others , humiliated by a league 3 side and and league 2 side as well as the worst home form imaginable - I cannot believe you are serious - you are surely here to just wind people up !

Sorry I keep forgetting were supposed to ignore the win against Chelski in March  after which the team, fans & Lambert wanted to kick on from if it was not for the sabotage !

And what was lambert doing while they were up to whatever you allege - he should have been fired too - he was the  manager!

He let them sabotage things by not doing his job. What manager of a football team or any business for that matter leaves their employees free reign?? If he did what he was payed to do he'd take the odd training session & come up with his own tactics.

Easy to say but perhaps you've never been in the situation of handling difficult situations . And that's not saying I know what Lambert was doing but I have had to trouble shoot problems @ work others could not & what might seem simple can take far more time than most would imagine
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:06 pm

The statement says to me that as the sale has not gone through, although talks have been productive, that Randy is now back involved and taking an interest in making sure we are good enough footballing wise for the season ahead... So in other words he had pretty much said goodbye on the presumption he would not be here most likely but had assured PL that if the sale had not gone through by now he would swing back in to ensure the team was strong enough for the season... This would explain why PL was happy to stay on firstly and secondly also says there have been productive talks which are ongoing...which to me says there are definately interested prospective buyers and talks remain ongoing ... so he has not stopped the sale as many reports have misquoted he has merely swung back in to ensure we are strong enough but the talks remain ongoing and it sounds as though progress is being made......Basically when its complete he will say so!
The Utterer
The Utterer

Randy Lerner - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:09 pm

Well i am absolutely shocked to see somebody claiming we played anything other than shite last season if i'm honest, the worst home record i have ever sat through made Eck's time feel not so bad here and that takes some doing, honestly cgale are you on the wind up mate?
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:10 pm

cgale wrote:
gdav wrote:
Eastie wrote:
cgale wrote:
gdav wrote:
cgale wrote:

Easy to say but perhaps you've never been in the situation of handling difficult situations . And that's not saying I know what Lambert was doing but I have had to trouble shoot problems @ work others could not & what might seem simple can take far more time than most would imagine

Every working day I also have to tackle problems, I do that by taking control of the situation & knowing what my employees are doing. It's my job to know what there up to & instruct them when needed. So I look at the situation & think the buck stops with him. He wasn't doing what he was employed to do, he should know what every person including the tea lady is up to & how they perform in their job.
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:15 pm

The Utterer wrote:The statement says to me that as the sale has not gone through, although talks have been productive, that Randy is now back involved and taking an interest in making sure we are good enough footballing wise for the season ahead... So in other words he had pretty much said goodbye on the presumption he would not be here most likely but had assured PL that if the sale had not gone through by now he would swing back in to ensure the team was strong enough for the season... This would explain why PL was happy to stay on firstly and secondly also says there have been productive talks which are ongoing...which to me says there are definately interested prospective buyers and talks remain ongoing ... so he has not stopped the sale as many reports have misquoted he has merely swung back in to ensure we are strong enough but the talks remain ongoing and it sounds as though progress is being made......Basically when its complete he will say so!

I agree with this, this is the same view and take i got from the statement also, Mr Lerner is just clarifying he will still ensure the club has enough for the season ahead if the sale fails to go through in time before transfer deadline day which seems likely now, he is just allying our fears and concerns today but letting us know things are happening but business as usual until the sale is agreed.
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:29 pm

gdav wrote:
cgale wrote:
gdav wrote:
Eastie wrote:
cgale wrote:
gdav wrote:
cgale wrote:

Every working day I also have to tackle problems, I do that by taking control of the situation & knowing what my employees are doing. It's my job to know what there up to & instruct them when needed. So I look at the situation & think the buck stops with him. He wasn't doing what he was employed to do, he should know what every person including the tea lady is up to & how they perform in their job.
Ah but how many phone calls do you have to make to check on a prospective new employee , or that new piece of equipment the whole work force is being held up for lack of . It's easy running things when every thing works like a well oiled machine but when you have to rely on the actions of those outside of your control that's when things become a tad more difficult
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:48 pm

Well oiled machine... If only  Very Happy
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:54 pm

To be fair and honest cgale is right about relying on others is difficult when basically you have to entrust them to do their job correct and right, like Karsa and Culverhouse and certain players etc he means i take it as, ok true but as soon as Lambert has a shiff of trouble he should have been sorting the mess out, how could things go on and it end the club acting instead of Lambert replacing them as many managers have done in years gone by with there own assistants and coaches, Fergie did this all the time?
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:14 pm

AVFClee wrote:To be fair and honest cgale is right about relying on others is difficult when basically you have to entrust them to do their job correct and right, like Karsa and Culverhouse and certain players etc he means i take it as, ok true but as soon as Lambert has a shiff of trouble he should have been sorting the mess out, how could things go on and it end  the club acting instead of Lambert replacing them as many managers have done in years gone by with there own assistants and coaches, Fergie did this all the time?

As I was told it Lambert did not find out about what had being going on untill the friday before the suspensions happened . Problem was the damage was already done by then & left little time to correct the problems created
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:39 pm

Randy Lerner statement for the Browns...

“In connection with current rumors and press inquiries, I can report that I’ve been approached by Mr. Jimmy Haslam, who is interested in making an investment in the Cleveland Browns. We are currently in negotiations and both sides have agreed to keep that dialogue and its details private. Given that any transaction would require League approval, care has been taken so that this process will not be disruptive to the organization, in particular the football team, as it prepares for the upcoming season. We will share further details or make an announcement if it becomes necessary.”

It sound similar to todays, with the only difference being that we apparently dont have a buyer..

Yet?
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:21 am

My Old Man wrote:Randy Lerner statement for the Browns...

“In connection with current rumors and press inquiries, I can report that I’ve been approached by Mr. Jimmy Haslam, who is interested in making an investment in the Cleveland Browns. We are currently in negotiations and both sides have agreed to keep that dialogue and its details private. Given that any transaction would require League approval, care has been taken so that this process will not be disruptive to the organization, in particular the football team, as it prepares for the upcoming season. We will share further details or make an announcement if it becomes necessary.”

It sound similar to todays, with the only difference being that we apparently dont have a buyer..

Yet?

It certainly does.. how long was it after that statement before the sale of the Browns went through?
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by pcfbavfcoman Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:52 am

Two issues, firstly C.Gales defense of Lambert over his two closest and his chosen people at Aston Villa football club.
How can he not be held responsible for two people he brought to the club, having established a working relationship and I should imagine as one was a brother in law, a personal relationship, that in your words were sabotaging the football playing side of the club, they were his appointments, so as the position he holds and the name of that position, may give this away, he is the Football Manager, if as stated he only found out nearly at the end of the season, that to me stinks of negligence.

Secondly, while we have been worrying about Aston Villa since the season ended in May , now into the first week of July it sounds as if Villa has been closed for that period of time, because and here is the worrying thing, he stated in his first statement, business as normal, yet then comes out in July, he will now get back involved. So now we know half the problems at Villa are caused by the business being a 12 month business, but certain people only taking a 10 month interest.
You can see clearer and clearer how MON got away with what he did, with this man in charge.
pcfbavfcoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpe_DHuez Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:17 am

My Old Man wrote:Randy Lerner statement for the Browns...

Yet?

The only difference? The statement above is about the franchise being bought out with a hint of "it won't disrupt anything" whereas the villa statement is almost all "back to business as usual". In my opinion they are vastly different.
Alpe_DHuez
Alpe_DHuez

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:45 am

Buy no season tickets till randy spends simple as
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:31 am

pcfbavfcoman wrote:Two issues, firstly C.Gales defense of Lambert over his two closest and his chosen people at Aston Villa football club.
How can he not be held responsible for two people he brought to the club, having established a working relationship and I should imagine as one was a brother in law, a personal relationship, that in your words were sabotaging the football playing side of the club, they were his appointments, so as the position he holds and the name of that position, may give this away, he is the Football Manager, if as stated he only found out nearly at the end of the season, that to me stinks of negligence.

Secondly, while we have been worrying about Aston Villa since the season ended in May , now into the first week of July it sounds as if Villa has been closed for that period of time, because and here is the worrying thing, he stated in his first statement, business as normal, yet then comes out in July, he will now get back involved. So now we know half the problems at Villa are caused by the business being a 12 month business, but certain people only taking a 10 month interest.
You can see clearer and clearer how MON got away with what he did, with this man in charge.

Of course any excuses to find fault are acceptable by those who will look to apportion blame @ any cost . But the treachery of of those closest to a person is frequently the most leathal & hardest to spot
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:41 am

Blame at any cost? Lambert had THE longest honeymoon period of any modern day villa manager. In fact I'd say any manager, ever.

He was given chance after chance with excuse after excuse made and accepted. But now, nothing washes. Sorry. Time is up, chances are up, excuses are old.

Now, seeing as you need to press two keys to type "@" could you please go to the sane effort and type "at" for us? Please. It's annoying now.
Trotters
Trotters

Randy Lerner - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:48 am

Time is up, chances are up, excuses are old.

yes the excuses to complain are getting just as old & repetative !
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 am

Trotters wrote:Blame at any cost? Lambert had THE longest honeymoon period of any modern day villa manager. In fact I'd say any manager, ever.

He was given chance after chance with excuse after excuse made and accepted. But now, nothing washes. Sorry. Time is up,  chances are up,  excuses are old.

Now, seeing as you need to press two keys to type "@" could you please go to the sane effort and type "at" for us?  Please. It's annoying now.
You're absolutely right about Lambert but what he has achieved is a massive reduction in wages, a change of ethos at the club with young and hungry, European scouting, lower league British bargains all of which we were crying out for after years of spending over the top on established/past it premier league players. The thing is by bringing us out of the red into the black the football has been in large parts shit. Here's where I think we should of got a proper first team tactical coach someone like Steve Clark or Rene Mullestein as it was clear Karsa and Culverhouse were okay at the lower leagues but seemed clueless at this level, maybe they think Keane is good at this and hope he's picked up tactics and formations during his time under SAF. It might be he turns out to be an excellent coach just not cut out to be a manager as this would include the boring stuff of sorting out contracts, dealing with agents, balancing players egos, dealing with budgets etc.
In summary Lambert should of been shown the door but as Lerner said he's done everything asked of him.
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:24 am

cgale wrote:
pcfbavfcoman wrote:Two issues, firstly C.Gales defense of Lambert over his two closest and his chosen people at Aston Villa football club.

Of course any excuses to find fault are acceptable by those who will look to apportion blame @ any cost . But the treachery of of those  closest to a person is frequently the most leathal & hardest to spot
If over a period of time two key employees were behaving in a manner that was so seriously in breach of workplace regulations that it was deemed to be a sackable offence, then their line manager is also culpable. Lambert has previously said that he followed the "Mon doctrine" of staying in his office as a more remote figure, so that when he did come out and talk to the players it would have more impact. Clearly PL remained so remote that he failed to manage Culverhouse and Karsa to a degree that they were able to behave badly enough to disrupt the day to day running of the squad and ancillary staff without his knowledge or intervention. Lambert's behaviour as an absentee manager allowed these serious breaches to happen. It is an indefensible failure by Paul Lambert.
villabromsgrove

Randy Lerner - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Youth Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:37 am

cgale wrote:

yes  the excuses to complain are getting just as old & repetative !

Millwall, Bradford, Chelsea, Palace twice last season, Fulham....... I could go on

I was at all of those and would have happily seen lambert sacked after each one. And so did a very large and growing minority of Villa fans.

Strip away the PR "young and Hungry" "work in progress" "project" nonsense that the club try to patronise us with and you'll see how poor we really have been over the last couple of years. Lambert's worse than McLeish ever was - at least with McLiesh you could see a game plan ( usually a stiflingly negative one, I'll admit, but there was a strategy at least). Can anyone tell me what Villa's system or playing strategy is? Seems to me it's simply to hit long balls and hope that Benteke is fit.

If you're happy with that then fine, but you shouldn't be surprised when others complain
Villa Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:13 am

Villa Youth wrote:
cgale wrote:

Millwall, Bradford, Chelsea, Palace twice last season, Fulham....... I could go on

I was at all of those and would have happily seen lambert sacked after each one. And so did a very large and growing minority of Villa fans.

Strip away the PR "young and Hungry" "work in progress" "project" nonsense that the club try to patronise us with and you'll see how poor we really have been over the last couple of years. Lambert's worse than McLeish ever was - at least with McLiesh you could see a game plan ( usually a stiflingly negative one, I'll admit, but there was a strategy at least). Can anyone tell me what Villa's system or playing strategy is? Seems to me it's simply to hit long balls and hope that Benteke is fit.

If you're happy with that then fine, but you shouldn't be surprised when others complain    

Game plan ? surely that was to out play the oposition easy to do against teams who want to play footie but far harder against teams whose only tactics are to target & isolate the weakest members of an opposition team
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Youth Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:22 am

cgale wrote:
Villa Youth wrote:
cgale wrote:

Game plan ? surely that was to out play the oposition easy to do against teams who want to play footie but far harder against teams whose only tactics are to target & isolate the weakest members of an opposition team

You mean teams who, when they play Villa, identify our weaknesses and try to expose them? how dare they. Maybe Lambert should try doing something similar with our opponents instead of his headless chicken style of pub football

Although, to be fair to you, more knowledgeable people than you are still scratching their heads trying to work our Lambert's baffling tactics, systems, signings and selections.

I take comfort in the knowledge that any new owner who wants any success at Villa will get rid of Lambert as soon as he takes over. Villa's too big for Lambert - he reminds me of Graham Turner when he was managing us
Villa Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next