The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Randy Lerner

+41
Saunders82
Meath_Villan
bakerbob
kimbo
thetrees
mickeywya
GadgetMan
Finn07
Elagabalus
Malandro
Jim
Trotters
Mr_Spadge
lukevilla
Villa_Dan
EbeneezerGoode
R1chuk
Green Villan
My Old Man
villabromsgrove
Keyser Soze
Kakacroom
Alpe_DHuez
pcfbavfcoman
AVFClee
The Utterer
johnny noodles
Mazrim
Morgan Villa
Trezzy
garygazza
KMitch
VillaBill
South London Villan
cgale
thegaffer6
Sean
DN1982
Villa Youth
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
gdav
45 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Randy Lerner - Page 2 Empty Re: Randy Lerner

Post by cgale Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:05 pm

Villa Youth wrote:
cgale wrote:
Villa Youth wrote:
cgale wrote:Of course it's now a weight around his neck if he has desided to sell, but is not better business to wait untill the market is in his favour !

It would have been had he not showed everyone his cards by announcing his intentions to sell.

And waiting for the market to swing in his favour in order to sell at the optimum price would require him to dig deep and ensure that we don't just stay up next season but that we compete with teams in the top half.  I suspect that he thinks this option equates to throwing good money after bad. Afterall, you don't go from being shit to being half decent simply by getting Joe Cole and Senderos in on freebies.

But is talking about supporting Lambert , who did say@ last weeks presser  that there may be 2 players coming in . So perhaps we should wait & see

After Lerner's opaque statement, we've no choice but to wait and see. Although I'm fairly confident that the " 2 players (may be..)" Lambert referred to won't be big money signings

To bastardise the great fella, "do you want to bet against me"?

I think Lerner is shelling out the bare minimum to paper over the cracks whilst trying to flog us off and his statement was simply throwing a bone to supporters who might be wavering over season ticket renewals

You could be correct about bare minium , but papering over cracks as I posted earlier I don't think it will take much to get us from fighting relegation to the upper half of the table
cgale

Randy Lerner - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trezzy Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:13 pm

Hi all, ive been enjoying a summer break from the Villa, I thought id check out th training pics and a new statement hits me in the face.

Im not sure what to make of it to be honest.. then again, im not sure what to make of any thing that has happened since his first statement back in May was it?

Me bein me is very sceptical as always.. im just hoping that Lerner has not sold us a line here, his stating he wants to sell sure brought some excitement.. people renewing season tickets on the back f it no doubt?

To say that footballing matters are priority now is somewhat strange.. to me whats been done from May through till now is the most important time in any clubs season.. planning for the season ahead?

Basically we are gonna start a new season with the same squad as last but with a 33 year old who has a recent injury record longer than my left arm?

Exciting stuff lads and gals....
Trezzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trezzy Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:15 pm

Cgale, are you honestly sayin that we could easily finish 10th or above this season.. I love your enthusiasm bud.. truly hope your right.
Trezzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Youth Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

cgale wrote: I don't think it will take much to get us from fighting relegation to the upper half of the table

Just a new manager who understands tactics and the need to adapt to opposition systems and half a dozen players with the courage and skill to implement the manager's strategy.

If it was as easy as you say, why have the last 2 seasons been so spectacularly poor?
Villa Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Youth Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Double post, sorry
Villa Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:38 pm

Villa Youth wrote:
cgale wrote:   I don't think it will take much to get us from fighting relegation to the upper half of the table

Just a new manager who understands tactics and the need to adapt to opposition systems and half a dozen players with the courage and skill to implement the manager's strategy.

If it was as easy as you say, why have the last 2 seasons been so spectacularly poor?

:shock: :shock: :shock: 
can't you understand that it takes time for a squad to gel & that the last 2 summers there have been massive changes to the squad , so hardly suprising that we have struggled  & that's before all the injuries
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:40 pm

cgale wrote:
Villa Youth wrote:
cgale wrote:   I don't think it will take much to get us from fighting relegation to the upper half of the table

can't you understand that it takes time for a squad  to gel & that the last 2 summers there have been massive changes to the squad , so hardly suprising that we have struggled  & that's before all the injuries

Takes even longer when you have a clueless manager in charge like lambert.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Youth Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:57 pm

cgale wrote:
Villa Youth wrote:

can't you understand that it takes time for a squad  to gel & that the last 2 summers there have been massive changes to the squad , so hardly suprising that we have struggled  & that's before all the injuries

I understand fully that Lambert has been given so many second chances it's becoming a joke. How long does he need? what improvements have there been in the last 2 years? what progress?

We've lurched from young and hungry to old and rubbish, we play more long ball football than anyone else in the league, he "lost" the away fans last season - notably at Palace. His strategy has clearly failed and he's now resorting to a plan-b that smacks of panic. Old players.

Do you understand that this is not acceptable at Villa or are you happy to put up with the kind of rubbish from top-to-bottom operation that would be more at home in B9?

Oh, and injuries? we're the only team that has problems with injuries?

I can see straight throughLlambert's bluffs and doublespeak
Villa Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:01 pm

cgale wrote:
Villa Youth wrote:

Sorry, I'll give you the injuries, but other teams (Hull off the top of my head) have brought also brought in a fair number of players and have performed better than the Villa.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Randy Lerner - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:45 pm

Villa Youth wrote:
cgale wrote:
Villa Youth wrote:

I understand fully that Lambert has been given so many second chances it's becoming a joke. How long does he need? what improvements have there been in the last 2 years? what progress?

We've lurched from young and hungry to old and rubbish, we play more long ball football than anyone else in the league, he "lost" the away fans last season - notably at Palace. His strategy has clearly failed and he's now resorting to a plan-b that smacks of panic. Old players.

Do you understand that this is not acceptable at Villa or are you happy to put up with the kind of rubbish from top-to-bottom operation that would be more at home in B9?

2nd chances ? what they other than excuses to whinge And 1st the players are too young , then they from the wrong league & now they are too old seems he can not win whatever he does . As for talk of hoof ball surely we've played the ball on the ground far more than in the MON era when it would seem hoof ball was OK and we had a defense , an attack & sometimes a midfield but not a whole team playing as one !
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:55 pm

cgale wrote:
Villa Youth wrote:
cgale wrote:
Villa Youth wrote:

2nd chances ? what they other than excuses to whinge And 1st the players are too young , then they from the wrong league & now they are too old seems he can not win whatever he does . As for talk of hoof ball surely we've played the ball on the ground far more than in the MON era when it would seem hoof ball was OK and we had a defense , an attack & sometimes a midfield but not a whole team playing as one !

Surely you are not seriously suggesting we have played better football under lambert than mon when we finished in the top 6 for three seasons , used exciting wingers and had most of the England midfield ?

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:05 pm

Eastie wrote:
cgale wrote:
Villa Youth wrote:
cgale wrote:
Villa Youth wrote:

Surely you are not seriously suggesting we have played better football under lambert than mon when we finished in the top 6 for three seasons , used exciting wingers and had most of the England midfield ?

3 trips to Wembley & failed in the early rounds of competing in Europe is all we have to show despite the wonderous team , but I did hope we would have finished higher than we did last season but with sabotage & injuries those hopes were dashed . But I was not expecting the real talent to be added to the squad untill this summer but with a limited budget perhaps we shall have to live & hope !
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by R1chuk Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:30 pm

I think it says that Randy has f****d up by being greedy when the deal was on the table, everyone knows he has, low bids have come in as a result but Randy is being pig headed about the price. It also says that we are in for another long hard season. If we lose Delph and Vlaar, we will be relegated.

Tough times being a Villa Fan.  :x 
R1chuk
R1chuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:32 pm

I'd take 3 trips to Wembley and European football ahead of being pissed on 8-0 by Chelsea, hammered by several others , humiliated by a league 3 side and and league 2 side as well as the worst home form imaginable - I cannot believe you are serious - you are surely here to just wind people up !

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:50 pm

An interesting one this statement. I struggle to know which way to read it.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:59 pm

Eastie wrote:I'd take 3 trips to Wembley and European football ahead of being pissed on 8-0 by Chelsea, hammered by several others , humiliated by a league 3 side and and league 2 side as well as the worst home form imaginable - I cannot believe you are serious - you are surely here to just wind people up !

Sorry I keep forgetting were supposed to ignore the win against Chelski in March after which the team, fans & Lambert wanted to kick on from if it was not for the sabotage !
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:13 pm

Randy is selling a business that is commercial world wide, has a multi million pound turnover. It has been through a process in recent years of stripping assets to make it more saleable.

I think although Randy has other priorities he will be stupid to write off Villa and lose investments of £200m. Nobody in there right mind would want to write off that much.

I think that meeting there was case scenario one, get a couple of players in on a very small budget in time for pre season training in the event we are close to a sale or no sale.

Case scenario two once we get to preseason training and no deal is in place i will release more funds so Villa stay in the Premier league.

Now the wage bill has been reduced and our incme has improved i see no need for Randy to invest any more of his own money into Aston Villa. It is now self sufficient and it is more beneficial for Randy to hold out as he can recoup more money from the club the longer he has it.

This statement is an attempt at showing commitment imo.
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:20 pm

Just for the record i dont think Lambert is the right man for Villa, but to remove him now would be suicide, i am also not a fan of Lerner. Why does every post turn into a debate about the same stuff
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:06 pm

Morgan Villa wrote:Randy is selling a business that is commercial world wide, has a multi million pound turnover.  It has been through a process in recent years of stripping assets to make it more saleable.

I think although Randy has other priorities he will be stupid to write off Villa and lose investments of £200m. Nobody in there right mind would want to write off that much.

I think that meeting there was case scenario one, get a couple of players in on a very small budget in time for pre season training in the event we are close to a sale or no sale.

Case scenario two once we get to preseason training and no deal is in place i will release more funds so Villa stay in the Premier league.

Now the wage bill has been reduced and our incme has improved i see no need for Randy to invest any more of his own money into Aston Villa.  It is now self sufficient and it is more beneficial for Randy to hold out as he can recoup more money from the club the longer he has it.

This statement is an attempt at showing commitment imo.

that's similar to how I've interpreted the situation
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:33 pm

cgale wrote:
Eastie wrote:I'd take 3 trips to Wembley and European football ahead of being pissed on 8-0 by Chelsea, hammered by several others , humiliated by a league 3 side and and league 2 side as well as the worst home form imaginable - I cannot believe you are serious - you are surely here to just wind people up !

Sorry I keep forgetting were supposed to ignore the win against Chelski in March  after which the team, fans & Lambert wanted to kick on from if it was not for the sabotage !

Is the sabotage u speak of the false tactics given to Lambert??
gdav
gdav

Randy Lerner - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:45 pm

gdav wrote:
cgale wrote:

Sorry I keep forgetting were supposed to ignore the win against Chelski in March  after which the team, fans & Lambert wanted to kick on from if it was not for the sabotage !

And the rest that the duo got up to !
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:49 pm

cgale wrote:
gdav wrote:
cgale wrote:

And what was lambert doing while they were up to whatever you allege - he should have been fired too - he was the manager!

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:09 pm

Eastie wrote:
cgale wrote:
gdav wrote:
cgale wrote:

And what was lambert doing while they were up to whatever you allege - he should have been fired too - he was the  manager!

yes he was the manager but why have a dog and bark your self , as many top managers leave the day to day training to their deputies/head coach
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:20 pm

Many top managers would not let any situation develop as it did at Villa. They may not be totally hands on but they do know whats happening with their team, otherwise what the fuck are they responsible for? Who watches the watchmen?

You seem to dwell too much on the odd freak result against the better teams, conveniently forgetting the absolute dross that made up the vast majority of the season. Or should I say seasons.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Randy Lerner - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny noodles Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:34 pm

R1chuk[b] wrote:I think it says that Randy has f****d up by being greedy when the deal was on the table, everyone knows he has, low bids have come in as a result but Randy is being pig headed about the price[/b]. It also says that we are in for another long hard season. If we lose Delph and Vlaar, we will be relegated.

Tough times being a Villa Fan.  :x 

Sorry but how on earth do you know that????
johnny noodles
johnny noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next