The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover speculation - we go again .....

+92
Jim
Kakacroom
Saunders
TheLeftSide
Alpe_DHuez
Billy Walker
gdale1
expatvilla
M. E. Ward
H+V
Coseley Villa
Zidane
Kaz
aboclaretandblue
VTID85
smoke
jamavfc1
jvilla
ejs1111
De Kuip
any82
chrisw1
B62 Villa
snakevilla
Keyser Soze
Mazrim
larvin86
Wookster
nabbyy
Withes Sweatbands
Hornso
thegaffer6
Morgan Villa
James_Curtis
villashrew
RoyRace
DR Peters
Malandro
DN1982
Leafs1201
River
heystally!
kimbo
South London Villan
upthevilla76
Longboy
Mreze
Green Villan
Rawlie
Mr Beast
Andyh
Denis_B
Villarocks666
R1chuk
bryanallcott1976
MinnyVilla
CoE82
lukevilla
USVillan
GodzoneVilla
CTVillan
LVBrit
EbeneezerGoode
HarryAVFC
Dek of Villa
supermon
Olof Mellberg
Southern Villan
gdav
AVFClee
UnclePanda
Steveallen79
AVit
Poseidon
Sky
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
thinlizzy
The Utterer
Thinman
cgale
MrAstonVilla
villabromsgrove
Jae1411
Jimmycarr
johnny noodles
VillaBill
Villa_Dan
Trotters
holtehero
GadgetMan
My Old Man
Dions_Bald_Head
96 posters

Page 33 of 44 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38 ... 44  Next

Go down

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 33 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - we go again .....

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:18 pm

gdale1 wrote:Sick of reading dribble between forum members, why not have a thread for bickering and leave this thread for any news on the takeover if and when it happens.
Some valid points have been made (imo) about the current needs of the club while waiting for a buyer. Our club's future (which may be determined by past mistakes) is under discussion, would you rather we stay silent until a new owner is in place.
villabromsgrove

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 33 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 33 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - we go again .....

Post by My Old Man Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:20 pm

gdale1 wrote:Sick of reading dribble between forum members, why not have a thread for bickering and leave this thread for any news on the takeover if and when it happens.

I think Colin would get fed up of arguing with himself Laughing 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 33 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Coseley Villa Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:20 pm

Mr Gale although you are a perfect example of the need for contraception I admire your stance and to be honest this thread would be boring without you on here
Coseley Villa
Coseley Villa

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 33 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:21 pm

I like to think I have a balanced view - I can see Lambo's failings in regards to the results, performances and tactical decisions, but I do think he has worked under tough circumstances and I do think he's done fairly well in the transfer market.

I expect the club to be performing better, mid-table is the minimum we should be expecting. I also think the current squad is capable of this.

But the hand of cards analogy makes no fucking sense to me!!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Coseley Villa Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:24 pm

Has gale been banned again??
Coseley Villa
Coseley Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:24 pm

Coseley Villa wrote:Mr Gale although you are a perfect example of the need for contraception I admire your stance and to be honest this thread would be boring without you on here  

coseley, that comment has just made me howell (not beacause its directed at you cgale) just made me laugh my bollocks off, I salute you coseley  Beer Beer 

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:27 pm

Coseley Villa wrote:Mr Gale although you are a perfect example of the need for contraception I admire your stance and to be honest this thread would be boring without you on here  

Well said 8) 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:33 pm

We have had some really decent debate in these threads recently - sadly it has gone downhill in the last couple of days and become somewhat petty and a trading of insults - we have received quite a few complaints and lets hope we can now get back to the business at hand and decent debate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:40 pm

thinlizzy wrote:Can we keep this thread for transfer speculation and avoid having to read through page after page of irrelevant twadle and bickering

Yes - things should revert back on topic from now on  hopefully , not that there is actually any takeover news Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by thinlizzy Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Eastie wrote:
thinlizzy wrote:Can we keep this thread for transfer speculation and avoid having to read through page after page of irrelevant twadle and bickering

Yes - things should revert back to that topic from now on .

An obvious typo on my previous post. Obviously meant to say takeover speculation not transfer speculation. A simple rule could be if you don't have takeover speculation to add this thread or something constructive to add to another posters takeover speculation why waste everybody else's time by posting irrelevant waffle
thinlizzy
thinlizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by thinlizzy Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:47 pm

Eastie wrote:

Yes - things should revert back to that topic from now on .

An obvious typo on my previous post. Obviously meant to say takeover speculation not transfer speculation. A simple rule could be if you don't have takeover speculation to add this thread or something constructive to add to another posters takeover speculation why waste everybody else's time by posting irrelevant waffle
thinlizzy
thinlizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:47 pm

It's a good point thinlizzy but the thread may be empty Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:48 pm

if there wernt any waffle, there would be fock all to read

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:21 pm

A few think a takeover will be announced in Houston when we play as its anschutz club , but I think it's clutching at straws or wishful thinking personally.

I'm resigned to starting the season with lerner at the helm - there were positives from last nights game so we will see what the states trip brings .

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:22 pm

It would be good to know where Lerner is at the moment and more importantly what he's doing.

I guess we have to assume that he's doing his own job and that of Paul Faulkner, although it's hard to imagine how RL would handle a telephone conversation about players and transfers with another club.

May be he's cold calling billionaires with a pre recorded for sale message …. Or maybe he's back amongst his own keeping a low profile for a change!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:23 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:It would be good to know where Lerner is at the moment and more importantly what he's doing.

I guess we have to assume that he's doing his own job and that of Paul Faulkner, although it's hard to imagine how RL would handle a telephone conversation about players and transfers with another club.

May be he's cold calling billionaires with a pre recorded for sale message …. Or maybe he's back amongst his own keeping a low profile for a change!
I thought he'd already announced a temporary CEO as replacement?

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:24 pm

Eastie wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:It would be good to know where Lerner is at the moment and more importantly what he's doing.

I thought he'd already announced a temporary CEO as replacement?

Haven't seen anything official.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:26 pm

Wasn't it announced the day faulkner went in the same statement , some finance director?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:29 pm

Chief financial officer Robin Russell, who was recruited by chairman Randy Lerner in 2006, has been appointed acting chief executive.

Villa admitted they couldn’t find a way forward for Faulkner to remain in Lerner’s wider business interests and Villa.

In a statement, the club said: “Having discussed his re-engaging with the chairman’s broader business while remaining involved with Villa in a non-operational role, agreement could not be reached.

“On the strength of many productive years together, and a long-standing friendship, Faulkner has parted on good terms.

“He has offered his support to the Villa organisation to ensure a smooth transition.”

Faulkner was appointed as chief executive in May 2010 after two years as chief operating officer.

Like Lerner, he is a Cambridge graduate and worked in the chairman’s MBNA banking organisation as a relationship manager for five years prior to his arrival at Villa.

Russell has been on Lerner’s payroll for more than 20 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:31 pm

Must of missed that one as I was doing a load of things at the time.

So basically we've swapped one banker for another, Faulkner must of pissed Randy off.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:37 pm

I don't think Russell has a clue about football, and has only been put in temporary charge for appearances sake.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:39 pm

Green Villan wrote:Must of missed that one as I was doing a load of things at the time.

So basically we've swapped one banker for another, Faulkner must of pissed Randy off.
A bean counter and a has been counter? Laughing 
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:42 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I don't think Russell has a clue about football, and has only been put in temporary charge for appearances sake.

Agreed, but when has that ever worried Lerner.

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:44 pm

One of my sons is a really good footballer and also has an encyclopaedic knowledge of all things football related …. and he's a banker! Why didn't I think of it before! Has anyone got Randy's mobile number?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Villan Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:46 pm

Just playing catch up... Did the plane ever return from Milan?
Southern Villan
Southern Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 44 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38 ... 44  Next