The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Loan Watch

+7
kimbo
villabromsgrove
Trotters
Green Villan
JavvieSmalls
FoxyAV
Malandro
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Loan Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Loan Watch

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:25 am

It's weird with Delfouneso isn't it? It feels like he's been around forever yet he is still so young. He was in or around the squad five years ago and it's sad that he is looking like a nearly man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:03 am

The other forgotten man of VP, Enda Stevens had a cracking game for Donny today I've heard from a mate who supports them.

With any luck today's point for them will contribute to Blues going down to the third tier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Malandro Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:13 am

Whatever people think of Bent, if he was with us for the last few games, I'd be more confident of getting some points
Malandro
Malandro

Loan Watch - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:50 am

I'm going slightly off topic here because he's been sold and is no longer on loan but I thought it a shame Ireland was pushed out. With a different manager might we have seen Ireland a fixture in the team, Barry brought in on loan and not so much reliance on inexperience? He certainly had it in him, just needed someone to get him involved (and playing in the right position). Talking of inexperience, I really like the look of Grealish and Donacien, along with Drennan and Robinson. Are any of the more central players in the U21s looking good at all? Will we see either of the current U21 loanees in the squad next season? As much as I like Gabby he needs a kick up the backside, and seeing Grealish take his place (opposite Albrighton, anyone?) might do the trick. With Tonev coming up short we don't have any other real options on the left.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Loan Watch - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by JavvieSmalls Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:55 am

Anyone know what has happened to Samir Carruthers? Looked like he could become a great player for us & he captained the Youth Team to the Next Gen Cup!
JavvieSmalls
JavvieSmalls

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:59 am

JavvieSmalls wrote:Anyone know what has happened to Samir Carruthers? Looked like he could become a great player for us & he captained the Youth Team to the Next Gen Cup!

Is he still at MK Dons?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Malandro Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:01 am

FoxyAV wrote:
JavvieSmalls wrote:Anyone know what has happened to Samir Carruthers? Looked like he could become a great player for us & he captained the Youth Team to the Next Gen Cup!

Is he still at MK Dons?

I thought he'd picked up a serious injury
Malandro
Malandro

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:05 am

olly wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

Is he still at MK Dons?

I thought he'd picked up a serious injury

You're right, the Birmingham Mail ran a story saying he was out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by JavvieSmalls Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:05 am

Come January 5 though, the injury list began to grow and it has barely looked back since. Carruthers’ season was ended in mid-February after a knee injury barely 15 minutes into the game with Preston

Taken from http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/mk-dons/was-january-5-the-day-everything-went-wrong-for-dons-1-6000256
JavvieSmalls
JavvieSmalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:49 am

Callum Robinson update:

Grayson salutes teenage hero

Preston boss Simon Grayson hailed loan recruit Callum Robinson's display after halting Bristol City's unbeaten home record with a 1-0 win.

Loan Watch - Page 2 Preston-v-Rotherham-Simon-Grayson_3139238

The 19-year-old's simple tap-in from Chris Humphrey's cross in the 28th minute ended Preston's run of three successive league defeats and inflicted on City their first home defeat since February.

Grayson said: "When you sign academy players they're not renowned for doing the ugly side of the game.

"But Callum has a fantastic attitude and work-rate.

"We are very grateful to Aston Villa for allowing us to have him because he is a fantastic lad to work with.

"The players worked really hard in training during the week, particularly on closing down opponents, which we haven't been doing as well as we like in recent games.

"We knew we had to be at it against the leaders because they have some fantastic players.

"It was a very good away performance and a very big result for us after a difficult period."

Robinson's decisive finish ended a fine move begun by former City midfielder Neil Kilkenny. Joe Garner found Humphrey on the right and his perfect low cross created an unmissable opportunity.

City should have been ahead by then. Aaron Wilbraham ran on to Luke Freeman's eighth-minute pass and rounded goalkeeper Thorsten Stuckmann only to shoot wide.

The second half saw Keiran Agard miss an equally good chance for the hosts and Aden Flint went close with a header, while substitute Kevin Davies should have made it 2-0 to Preston when shooting tamely at home goalkeeper Frank Fielding in the 66th minute.

City boss Steve Cotterill said: "We haven't deserved to lose either of our last two games.

"I am as proud of my players after those defeats as I was before them.

"We are still in a great position and where we want to be, so no one inside the camp will be anything but positive.

"For a period we got sucked into a long ball game that Preston are better at.

"But in the second half we dominated possession, pinned them in, and only failed to win because we didn't take our chances.

"We will learn from the game and move on. We started it really well with some excellent passing, but lost concentration for the goal and it was nip and tuck from then on."

Neither goalkeeper had many testing saves to make as both defences emerged with honours from a tight encounter, with the result in doubt until the final whistle as City applied heavy second-half pressure.

Preston lost leading marksman Garner with a shin injury at half-time, but Grayson did not think the problem was too serious.

Source: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/league-one/news/article/419/9575674/-
Green Villan
Green Villan

Loan Watch - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:42 am

Note to Randy Lerner/Tom Fox: do not hire Steve Cotterill as the next manager. Same bullshit coming from him as the current manager.
Trotters
Trotters

Loan Watch - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:11 pm

If we do go down we'll be well prepared with Gardner, Bennett, Carruthers, Robinson, Drennan, Donacien, Johnson, Siegrist and possibly others out on loan in the Championship or first divison. A good tactical move there by Villa.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:04 am

I'd wonder how many of those would actually want to play for the manager that hasn't given them even an inkling of a look-in at the most desperate of injury-ridden times. Especially the likes of Gardner and Grealish.
Trotters
Trotters

Loan Watch - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:44 am

Trotters wrote:I'd wonder how many of those would actually want to play for the manager that hasn't given them even an inkling of a look-in at the most desperate of injury-ridden times. Especially the likes of Gardner and Grealish.
I suspect that Grealish would play with coats for goalposts in a muddy park, he just loves to kick a football. How come one of our best footballers can't get a game in front of some of our other limited pretenders? You'd think he would bring enough enthusiasm with him on to the pitch to wake up a midfield that's sleep walking through matches!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:23 pm

Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:46 pm

Bent scored for Brighton today.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:50 pm

FoxyAV wrote:Bent scored for Brighton today.

My honest reaction to that was meh, he will return to non form soon enough.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:55 pm

I wonder though. He's scored a lot of goals in his career and if he's given the right supply I reckon he still has more goals in him. But probably not in a counter attack set up.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:04 am

Best shape for Bent is a 4-4-2 with a strike partner to supply him along with LM and RM feeding him but Lambert doesn't like wingers, or goals............
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:45 am

I think he has scored on his début at every club. Not 100% but pretty sure he has.
kimbo
kimbo

Loan Watch - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:58 am

Bent scores goals. Always has. But he needs wingers putting balls into the box or midfielders laying balls into his path.

I still think he could play alongside Benteke if we had a decent manager. If Villa brought in a new manager next week he'd be stupid not to bring Bent back, play with some width and have the 2 of them upfront instead of Gabby and Weimann
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:36 am

Villa_Dan wrote:Bent scores goals. Always has. But he needs wingers putting balls into the box or midfielders laying balls into his path.

I still think he could play alongside Benteke if we had a decent manager. If Villa brought in a new manager next week he'd be stupid not to bring Bent back, play with some width and have the 2 of them upfront instead of Gabby and Weimann

I was having this exact conversation earlier with somebody. Those 2 up front with Grealish and Cleverley/N'Zog/Cole on the wings and then 2 out of Sanchez/Westwood/Delph/Cole central would work straight away you would imagine.

Personally I'd put Cole on the right with a licence to go inside freeing Hutton to attack more. Grealish to keep the width as Cissokho is useless going forward anyway.

Hope Bent gets plenty of goals, we get a new manager and then he comes back to bang them in for us again. Class is permanent
mefromhere
mefromhere

Loan Watch - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:32 pm

Any chance any new manager could instruct N'Zog to get rid of the ball before he loses it every time?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:10 pm

I'd recall Dan Johnson too.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Loan Watch - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by James_Curtis Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:50 pm

I don't want Bent anywhere near the team. Horrible attitude and he can't be bothered to run. He came on against Saints and the ONE break we had where Weimann had that golden chance to go 2-0 up he was nowhere to be seen. Admittedly I would have backed Bent to score that chance but he was nowhere to be seen and playing counter attacking football its a no.
James_Curtis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next