The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa loan watch!!

+3
De Kuip
Trotters
AstonThriller
7 posters

Go down

Villa loan watch!! Empty Villa loan watch!!

Post by AstonThriller Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:31 pm

Thought I'd start a thread so we can keep up to date with Villa players out on loan. Gil has gone to Depor and It looks like the club have adopted an aggressive policy now of sending our young talent out on loan to get experience with Calder and Mason both at Doncaster until January and Suliman at Cheltenham until next year too. Out of all of them the one that intrigues me is young Suliman. He's only 18 but has been seen as a massive talent from his schoolboy days and has captained England at youth level too, the first player with Asian heritage to do so at any level. He's also performed extremely well for the u21s and reports suggest he turned down advances from Beyern, Liverpool and Inter to sign his deal with us. Not had hype around a young centre-back like this since Cahill I think.

Today all three start so hopefully they'll do well. Want to see Sarkic, Sellers, Davis, Abdo, Lyden and maybe Toner go out on loan too tbh...I'd add Murphy to that list but I'm wondering if he might play a part in the first team this season? If we do get Wells then I'd send him out to get experience as well.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Villa loan watch!! 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Villa loan watch!! Empty Re: Villa loan watch!!

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:11 pm

Suliman looks like a terrific prospect. Lets hope both him, Green and Murphy er squad material within the next season.

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:43 pm

Mason and Calder's Doncaster lost 3-2 today. Mason played the whole game and Calder was subbed with 25 minutes to go.

Meanwhile Suliman's Cheltenham drew 1-1 and Suliman played 65 minutes. I'll have a look around and then add some comments if I spot some reports on their performances.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:37 pm

Suliman starts for Cheltenham again against Mansfield and also played in a win during midweek.

Mason and Calder start for Doncaster against Crawley today too.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:11 pm

Suliman, Mason and Calder played in the Cheltenham vs Doncaster game yesterday. Doncaster ran out winners. Looks like Suliman has been playing right-back and has struggled a little but still early days.

Carles Gil played for Deportivo yesterday and came off after 57 minutes in a 2-1 win.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:30 pm

Thanks for the update!!
Trotters
Trotters

Villa loan watch!! 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:55 pm

AstonThriller wrote:Suliman, Mason and Calder played in the Cheltenham vs Doncaster game yesterday. Doncaster ran out winners. Looks like Suliman has been playing right-back and has struggled a little but still early days.

Carles Gil played for Deportivo yesterday and came off after 57 minutes in a 2-1 win.
I was always under the impression Suliman was a LB? My mistake unless they are playing him out of position?
De Kuip
De Kuip

Villa loan watch!! 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:59 pm

De Kuip wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:Suliman, Mason and Calder played in the Cheltenham vs Doncaster game yesterday. Doncaster ran out winners. Looks like Suliman has been playing right-back and has struggled a little but still early days.

I was always under the impression Suliman was a LB? My mistake unless they are playing him out of position?

He's a centre-back usually but has been pushed out to full-back at Cheltenham for some odd reason. I guess with him just turning 18 his lack of experience might be the reason.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:00 pm

Ah cheers mate, I was still wrong then haha.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Villa loan watch!! 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:05 pm

Hope it works out for Gil, a bit too physical for him over here under a run of incompetent managers so didn't work out. But there's a talented little player in there somewhere.

I thought Mason might have had a shout at making 1st team squad this year but hopefully comes back stronger.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Villa loan watch!! 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:09 pm

4BetLite wrote:Hope it works out for Gil, a bit too physical for him over here under a run of incompetent managers so didn't work out. But there's a talented little player in there somewhere.

I thought Mason might have had a shout at making 1st team squad this year but hopefully comes back stronger.

Mason still only 19 so has a chance. Quite decent by all accounts but he must dominate at that level if he is to have any chance with us. Out of all the youngsters on loan the only one who has the best chance is Suliman i'd say.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:19 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
4BetLite wrote:Hope it works out for Gil, a bit too physical for him over here under a run of incompetent managers so didn't work out. But there's a talented little player in there somewhere.

Mason still only 19 so has a chance. Quite decent by all accounts but he must dominate at that level if he is to have any chance with us. Out of all the youngsters on loan the only one who has the best chance is Suliman i'd say.

Hoping they all do well, nothing better then seeing a kid come through and make it big, hopefully with us. So much more satisfying then a big marque signing, I like them too though Villa loan watch!! 1f600
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:01 pm

So two new loans to add to the list here. Veretout has signed for Saint Etienne and Henry Cowans (yes Sid's son for those who don't know) has signed for Stevenage. The Cowans one is interesting because it appears that the club has adopted a whole new strategy where our youngsters are concerned and are sending a whole load out on loan to gain experience now which I think is fantastic tbh.

We missed a trick with some of our other promising youngsters from the past not getting enough or any league experience before stepping into the first team. Clark never went out, Albrighton never, Davis didn't etc etc. So to now have a new policy that will no doubt enhance our youngsters development is great.

Hope to see Lyden, Murphy, Abdo, Sarkic, Davis, Idem and Sellers go out on loan too to see how they get on. Sellers had a short spell at Wycombe last season but I think he needs more games. Murphy, Lyden, Abdo and Sarkic would do very well in the lower leagues I think.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:43 pm

Toner to Walsall on loan here, bit surprised but I guess with 3/4 coming in it makes sense.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:24 pm

4BetLite wrote:Toner to Walsall on loan here, bit surprised but I guess with 3/4 coming in it makes sense.

Not surprised really. He done ok at the end of last season but I didn't get the feeling he was "Cahill #2" tbh. Going to league one and hopefully playing regularly in central defence should give him some good experience and we'll be able to see if he can cut it. At 20 years old he'll need to get a move on. Cahill aged 18 was pulling up trees for Burnley in the championship, winning their player and young player of the year awards. Kevin needs to dominate that division and come back looking to stake a claim for a first team place.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:22 pm

Today's loan news

Mason out injured for Doncaster against Yeovil while Calder is on the bench.

Suliman not in Cheltenham's squad against Crewe so I guess he's probably injured.

Toner starts for Walsall against Bury.

Henry Cowans on the bench for Stevenage against Grimsby.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:15 pm

Veretout was a late sub for Saint Etienne yesterday in a 0-0 draw

Sanchez started and only went and SCORED on his debut to help Fiorentina register a 1-0 win

Gil didn't get off the bench as his side drew 0-0 too

Toner's Walsall threw away a 3-0 lead to draw 3-3

Cowans didn't get off the bench for Stevenage

Last edited by AstonThriller on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:21 pm

Bloody typical lol Sanchez couldn't hit a barn door here, i am eager to see Toner get progressing cos i wanted him to be part of the matchday squad tbh i think he is class,

Any news about Suliman?
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Villa loan watch!! 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:13 pm

Walsall threw away a 3-0 lead???

I bet they use the same catering service Villa use. Gotta be something in the food and bevvies.
Trotters
Trotters

Villa loan watch!! 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:57 pm

BillytheKid wrote:Bloody typical lol Sanchez couldn't hit a barn door here, i am eager to see Toner get progressing cos i wanted him to be part of the matchday squad tbh i think he is class,

Any news about Suliman?

Wasn't in the squad at the weekend so I guess he was injured or something. Mason got injured a few weeks ago so should be back soon and Calder was on the bench and never got on during Dancasters 4-1 win.

If I had to bet I really don't see any of these youngsters making it here apart from Suliman and that's because of the international experience he's had through the youth levels and his good performances for the u23s. He'll need to start dominating for Cheltenham when he returns to the team though because as I said Cahil at his age was playing in the championship for Burnley and won their player AND young player of the year awards. That's how good the lad was during his first loan spell.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:20 pm

Just an update on the players on loan.

Carles Gil= Hasn't pulled up any trees at Depor tbh. Wasn't even in the squad today for their game.

Sanchez= Is doing well I guess as he's starting games and is in the team against Ac Milan tonight.

Mason= Got injured after a few weeks at Doncaster and hasn't played since.

Suliman= Started his first three or so games, went off to a youth tournament with England and found himself on the bench when he returned to Cheltenham. Started again on Saturday but came off after half an hour with Cheltenham already two down.

Cowans= Hasn't started a league game yet and is barely getting off the bench.

Mckirdy= Was on the bench for the first time on Saturday having returned from injury. He got on after an hour for his first appearance at senior level.

Calder= Has been on the bench for Doncaster quite a bit and has been coming on a lot towards the end of games.

Toner= An ever present for Walsall since he went there and is apparently doing well.

Veretout= Has started the last four games for St Ettien, no goals or assists as of yet but they have won two and drawn two since he started playing.

Calder and Cowans don't look like they are up to much tbh and I'd be surprised if they make it here. At least Suliman, Mason and Toner have been starting games so they are gaining that experience as they go along. Hope Mckirdy will start getting some game time now as he looked impressive in the Hong Kong competition recently and was top scorer.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:52 pm

What about veretout?
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:08 pm

danclare82 wrote:What about veretout?  

Totally forgot but just added it to the list Villa loan watch!! 4025243045 .
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:41 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
danclare82 wrote:What about veretout?  

Totally forgot but just added it to the list Villa loan watch!! 4025243045 .
Thanks. I think there is a good player in there. Same as sanchez. Think we should of kept 1 of them. Both better than Gardner imo
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:17 pm

Would like to see Sanchez in the team at the moment; not so much Vertout - not because I don't rate him but we need ball-winners at the mo.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum