The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Loan Watch

+7
kimbo
villabromsgrove
Trotters
Green Villan
JavvieSmalls
FoxyAV
Malandro
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Loan Watch Empty Loan Watch

Post by Guest Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:37 pm

Thought it would be useful to have a thread where we monitor the progress of some of the lads we have out on loan.

Current loanees (keep updating the list in the post):

Darren Bent -> Fulham (Until 30th June)
Nathan Delfouneso -> Coventry City (Until 30th June)
Michael Drennan -> Portsmouth  (Until 30th June)
Jack Grealish -> Notts County (Until 30th June)
Alan Hutton -> Bolton Wanderers (Until 29th March)
Benjamin Siegrist -> Cambridge United (Until 30th June)
Enda Stevens -> Doncaster Rovers (Until 30th June)

Last edited by Billy McBingo on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:24 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Loan Watch Empty Re: Loan Watch

Post by Guest Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:23 pm

Donny fans rate Enda. He's found his level and good luck to him, never let us down once.

Bowery didn't get a kick yesterday. Shame, I like him.

Bent is a busted flush.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:33 pm

Can't quite believe how heavy Bent looks every time I see him.

It's a funny old game. One season you are a £20m striker who looks nailed on to be a twenty-goal a season man, the next, you are overweight and struggling to get near the starting eleven of the team sitting bottom of the league.

Part of me feels sorry for Bent, I think last season ruined him and seeing as though we were paying so much wages for him, I think we could have made more use of him. I know it will be argued that Lambert pulled a masterstroke there with Benteke, but was it really? We still survived just by the skin of our teeth despite the latter's goals and we still paid out, what, £60k a week in wages for a player we let rot in the reserves. at least if Bent was more involved we could have recouped some of our investment.

We really have wasted so much money in the past few years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:46 pm

Totally agree. There can only be bloody mindedness that ruled Bent out. Barmy to throw money away like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:30 pm

He had injuries under McLeish and Lambert, I don't think those have helped him really. Even under McLeish he looked like he was on the wane to me.

RE Bowery, apparently Donny want to extend his stay there: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9204355/transfer-news-doncaster-want-to-keep-aston-villas-jordan-bowery-on-loan

Doncaster Rovers manager Paul Dickov has confirmed his interest in extending the loan deal of Aston Villa forward Jordan Bowery.

The 22-year-old has started three Championship games without scoring for Doncaster since joining last month and was an unused substitute for Saturday's 2-0 win over Huddersfield Town.

Reports suggest Doncaster want Bowery to stay for the rest of the season and Dickov feels the former Chesterfield youngster would benefit from extending his time at the Keepmoat Stadium.

"He has done well over the last month," said Dickov in the Daily Star Sunday.

"The more games he gets, and the more time he spends with us, the better."

Bowery joined Villa in the summer of 2012 from Chesterfield, but he has yet to score in 18 appearances for the club in all competitions.

From what I've read online, Owls fans are unimpressed with Gardner. He is coming back from an injury so maybe it is too much to expect for him to light up that level but Lambert is using his spell there to assess if he should get a contract so I can't help but wonder his days with the club are numbered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:55 pm

Farrell_10 wrote:Can't quite believe how heavy Bent looks every time I see him.

It's a funny old game. One season you are a £20m striker who looks nailed on to be a twenty-goal a season man, the next, you are overweight and struggling to get near the starting eleven of the team sitting bottom of the league.

Part of me feels sorry for Bent, I think last season ruined him and seeing as though we were paying so much wages for him, I think we could have made more use of him. I know it will be argued that Lambert pulled a masterstroke there with Benteke, but was it really? We still survived just by the skin of our teeth despite the latter's goals and we still paid out, what, £60k a week in wages for a player we let rot in the reserves. at least if Bent was more involved we could have recouped some of our investment.

We really have wasted so much money in the past few years.
The thing with Bent is that he didn't become a bad player overnight. Something happened with him to end his Villa career, there are times this season when Benteke was either injured or couldn't be arsed that we could have used him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:08 pm

To me, Bent is (was) a quality striker. His almost complete ostrasising last season was maddening, and that he can't make the matchday squad at Fulham is bizarre in the extreme.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:13 pm

Would I be right to say that all three of Fulham's managers this season have eventually tended not to pick Bent?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:19 pm

Pretty much Jol tried him and Berbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:21 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:Would I be right to say that all three of Fulham's managers this season have eventually tended not to pick Bent?
It looks that way, I just don't get why.

I think back to the last game of last season. Benteke is suspended so Bent was picked for a rare game. He's on the scoresheet in around five minutes.

So what's happened with him since?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:23 pm

Anyone else think he may of got loved up after marrying Agent ridgewell's ex, took the money and enjoying life?

When I read Fergal's post that's what came to my mind and when I got to the bottom you had already posted it!

That or maybe a serious falling out. Remember he was made team captain very publicly and then totally frozen out a few weeks later. Weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:24 am

Gary Gardner...I hope the lad isn't fated to become another kid that came through our Academy with flying colours, then failed to make it at the top level. The Moore brothers, Delfouneso, there is quite a list.

I hope young Jack Grealish fulfills the promise that he has shown in the past couple of years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:12 am

I'll say what I've been saying for 2 years.

Darren Bent is the perfect Villa Striker - 5 years too late.

Had we signed him instead of Emule - with Young/Downing/Milner feeding him and Agbonlahor offering that speedy outlet we'd have finished top 4 under MoN, and who knows...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:06 pm

Gardner has come back from Sheffield Wednesday early, apparently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:13 pm

Injured or not up to it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:14 pm

Wednesday fans haven't been enamoured with him so far, though I suppose the club might have called him back.

EDIT: In fact it was not early, his spell was meant to end on the twelth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:01 pm

Siegrist has joined Cambridge United until the end of the season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Hope he gets more of a run out than he did at the brewers. Destined to play 3rd division football I reckon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:23 pm

Bowery back from Donny, Drennan's spell at Pompey extended to the end of the season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:06 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:43 pm

Bent didn't get off the bench for Fulham today. Instead Fulham picked a 17 year old who was then subbed for another 17 year old.

I'm getting the feeling that we'll be stuck with Bent and his bumper wage packet next season. I'd be amazed if someone wanted to take him on loan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:11 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:Bent didn't get off the bench for Fulham today. Instead Fulham picked a 17 year old who was then subbed for another 17 year old.

I'm getting the feeling that we'll be stuck with Bent and his bumper wage packet next season. I'd be amazed if someone wanted to take him on loan.

Unless lambert gets the push and a new manager makes use of bent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:18 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:Bent didn't get off the bench for Fulham today. Instead Fulham picked a 17 year old who was then subbed for another 17 year old.

I wonder if that will be next seasons excuse?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:52 am

He'll go to someone like Palace/Norwich/another team who stays up on loan again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:14 pm

Delfouneso Still Believes He Has Premier League Quality

Nathan Delfouneso is determined to show Coventry City fans the qualities that made him a Premier League player in the remaining five games of the season.

The 23-year-old Aston Villa striker has had a frustrating loan stint with the Sky Blues so far where he is yet to get going and recapture the sort of form that earned him rave reviews at Villa Park under former manager Martin O’Neill.

The fallen star has been trying to work his way back to the top flight to fulfil his early potential that saw him make 31 Premiership starts for City’s arch rivals before slipping down the divisions to League One with a string of loan spells.

“Believe me, I am desperate to get back up there and there’s no-one more determined,” said Delfouneso, who has made just five starts and five substitute appearances, scoring one goal, since joining the club in January.

“It’s where I want to be and where I feel I can play but, obviously, I have got to work my way back up again.

"But hopefully I will take this opportunity to really showcase what I am made of and get myself back up to the top league.

"I have done it before and I believe I can come back even stronger and better and do it again.

“I have been through a lot in football and come back from it so I am mentally tough. I just have to knuckle down and re-focus.

“The opportunities haven’t quite been there recently but I have still got confidence in myself and faith in my ability to get back there.”

The Birmingham-born player is out of contract at Villa in the summer where he doesn’t figure in Paul Lambert’s plans and is therefore looking for a new club.

“I take things day by day – I can’t look too far ahead,” said the player who feels he’s still not up to speed after suffering a thigh strain in his first few weeks with the Sky Blues.

“I am up at the end of the season but I have to concentrate on what I am doing now and try to get as much as I can out of these last five games.

“It’s an opportunity for me. That’s why I came here, to play football, and it’s down to me to do it on the pitch.

“The injury was frustrating and I still feel it every now and again, but I am not going to make any excuses. I just have to get on with it and do my best for the team.”

The former England Under-21 player, who represented his country at every age group from 16 up, has had to play second fiddle to fellow loanees Chuba Akpom and, more recently Nathan Eccleston, since returning from his injury.

“The gaffer has to make decisions for the team,” he said.

“It’s just one of those where I have got to keep working hard in training and pushing to get into the starting 11.

“I know Nathan from our time at Blackpool but I am still confident I can be in the team. I have just got to make sure I show something every time I go onto the pitch and also in training every day.

“I’ve got to really go for it. It’s been frustrating but it’s part of football.”

He's our forgotten man. Mind, it's not like we have reason to remember him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next