The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

+37
andrew24561
UnclePanda
LVBrit
bruka
STO67
De Kuip
FoxyAV
deadbuzzardalive
VTID85
avfc forever
jeffvilla
Fpuppys
Jae1411
smetro
Terry Derry
rogermuffin69
danclare82
Saunders82
achilles
gdale1
villajk
Wriggle
Army villain
ember
mefromhere
Dazzle
gaffer85
Boldfinger
Trotters
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Villa_Dan
big ming
Gordonsleftboot
AstonThriller
41 posters

Page 15 of 43 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 29 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:37 pm

Bruce is back to commenting in every interview that he does, that he doesn't have any money to spend, in an attempt to frame himself as some hard done by manger who's made the best of a difficult situation on a tight budget - 'it's been like this for the last two windows'.

Lose tomorrow and it has to be a gloomy outlook on his future at the club, surely.
deadbuzzardalive

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 15 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:37 pm

Even if the club had money available I wouldn't want Bruce to spend it. What we need are three loans - one centre back and two strikers, and there's absolutely no point buying in anyone for many, many reasons. Bruce has already shown he can't be trusted with other people's money or good players, he hasn't a clue what to do with either.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:56 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Bruce is back to commenting in every interview that he does, that he doesn't have any money to spend, in an attempt to frame himself as some hard done by manger who's made the best of a difficult situation on a tight budget - 'it's been like this for the last two windows'.

Lose tomorrow and it has to be a gloomy outlook on his future at the club, surely.

so you think he should say" we have money to burn, we can buy who we want, we don't mind if clubs put their prices up coz of saying this, were minted" Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:10 pm

jimbop wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Bruce is back to commenting in every interview that he does, that he doesn't have any money to spend, in an attempt to frame himself as some hard done by manger who's made the best of a difficult situation on a tight budget - 'it's been like this for the last two windows'.

so you think he should say" we have money to burn, we can buy who we want, we don't mind if clubs put their prices up coz of saying this, were minted" Rolling Eyes

No I don't want him to say that, because it wouldn't be true. But it would be nice to see him acknowledge that he was able to sign some of the best players in the division in January, having already inherited a strong squad, this summer he was able to bring in the likes of Snodgrass, Onomah and Terry, he's got one of, if not the best squad's to work with. What must it do to the squad's confidence to hear Bruce talk about them as if they've been put together on a shoe-string. He's scared of pressure, whereas the best manager's and players thrive on it, and use it as a springboard for success.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:08 am

jimbop wrote:

Even you would have to admit that Bruce has to be more upbeat even in his interviews as he has a fantastic job that many managers would give their high teeth for a chance, so he should stop casting this negativity around the place, it really does nobody any good!
Unfortunately it reflects his whole personality, he is definitely a half empty glass man!
achilles
achilles

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 15 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:16 pm

Surely Xia can't be happy with the situation we find ourselves in, he really needs to put his foot down now and say enough's enough, it's not just about the here and now either, but what's likely to happen based on what we've already seen. Time to bring in a manager who will give us one last push for top two, and failing that, will at least give us a chance of finishing top six and being competitive against the divisions better sides, which will be crucial should we reach the play-offs.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:03 pm

So Bruce blaming the players for our defeat, rather than the fact he didn't play with a striker, played a midfielder in defence, and winger at right-back, when we had two right-backs on the bench. Injuries are no excuse either, every other club would love to have the players available for selection that we have.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:04 pm

Blaming the players is the first foot out the door tbh. Next step will be Xia protecting him publically I guess, and hopefully we can get rid fairly soon after that.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:57 am

Potato Headed Charlatan!!!!!!!

Fraud of a manager!!!!!!

The 'man' has no dignity or honour!!!!

Do us all a favour Dr T sack this piece of shit now!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:25 am

I'm sick of hearing how we've only lost one in six, everybody in the top eight has won more games than us, we're ten points  behind Cardiff and Fourteen points behind Wolves, we've only beaten two of the current top ten, Ipswich and Preston, Preston had their whole defence out injured. We're only top six because we had a fortunate run of easy games where we didn't play anyone of note, and Adomah had a purple patch, now we're playing better sides we are seeing our true level under Bruce.

He won't be sacked though, because the club are too scared to make such a decision, Wyness isn't backing up what he said about our aims in pre-season, and Xia goes quiet every time we lose, do they actually want us to get promoted, they've made a complete and utter mess at any attempt to do so, and jeopardized the club's future in the process.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:35 am

What really grinds me is how we are so bad at playing football. The results are one thing, but how this team can look like a pub team week after week is totally unacceptable.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:41 am

It's not even that it's 'dinosaur football' at this stage, Pardew, Allardyce, Pulis and Warnock all play old fashioned football, but I'd take them all over Bruce, at least they have some semblance of a game plan, whereas with Bruce it's just a case of trying to stop the opposition and hope that one our players comes up with a moment of magic, in fact at this stage I'd even take Sherwood over Bruce until the end of the season.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:13 pm

I really wish that our board would go all out to sign the likes of Billic or Koeman? It will never happen though!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:42 pm

I think we need to be very careful what we wish for. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the team sheet yday and we were always going to loose after that but look at blues last season. They sacked Rowett who had them in a similar position and we all pissed ourselves at how stupid a decision it was. They are now bottom. Bruce has a lot to answer for after ydays result but we are 5th! People need to chill a bit
danclare82
danclare82

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 15 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:22 pm

Another team sacking their manager and it not working out for them, should have no bearing on what we do, we have to judge our own situation on it's own merits. The big difference between ourselves and blues of last season, is that we are underachieving, whereas they were vastly overachieving.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:32 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Another team sacking their manager and it not working out for them, should have no bearing on what we do, we have to judge our own situation on it's own merits. The big difference between ourselves and blues of last season, is that we are underachieving, whereas they were vastly overachieving.
I get that I do. But the fact of the matter is we are 5th so sacking him is not going to happen. I'm not defending the stupid decisions he's made but look at the ridiculous injury list we've had and tell me what other team has had anything similar and would any other cope. Yes we're 10 points off 2nd and we should be aiming for 2nd but with what's happend to our players such as kodjia Terry lansbury grealish Hogan etc I'll definitely take top 6 and we'll get there imo. While we sit in top 6 xia isn't sacking anyone!
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:55 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Another team sacking their manager and it not working out for them, should have no bearing on what we do, we have to judge our own situation on it's own merits. The big difference between ourselves and blues of last season, is that we are underachieving, whereas they were vastly overachieving.

Very true. I read that very same stuff on facebook and it's beyond stupid to think that way. You could easily list a bunch of clubs that have improved after sacking a manager not working out.

You simply can't look at other clubs and think it's representative for our club.

I find it funny that people call Bruce's football dinosaur football though. I've grown up with Norwegian football which is the very origin of hoofball (lol), and playing hoofball without a targetman (which we do) is on a whole other level of stupid. It's not that Bruce's football is old fashioned, it's just that he doesn't know what he's doing and it's showing. And that's not mentioning our RB and striker predicament. OR how he has largely signed utter shit players.

Trying to make this right with Bruce is just futile. Won't ever get it right. He's had two transfer windows. He's been given the best facilities. Best players. Highest wages. Everything is offered to compete and this hoofball shite is all he's managed. He's essentially taking the same route with us he's tried with smaller clubs he's yoyo'ed with before. The idea that we are ment to control matches seems to have by passed him completely.

Even if we by some random luck were to get promoted by playoff, we'd be relegated next season with his football. We would be turning into another Boro, Hull, Norwich etc. Best chance we got for the future of this club is getting in a manager that can play modern football, utilize our young players and hopefully be the right choice to build on when we get promoted. We gotta make a move like Huddersfield did with Wagner. It ment they had a pretty rough first season, but that's what we gotta ride through. If people can give Bruce so much support during the shit I've seen so far this season, surely we can give a proper manager some time to get it right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:34 am

I’ve nothing further to add to my previous musings about Steve Bruce other than I’m not enjoying sitting back and watching my predictions come to fruition on a weekly basis. The silence from jimbob is deafening!
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:03 am

achilles wrote:
jimbop wrote:

Even you would have to admit that Bruce has to be more upbeat even in his interviews as he has a fantastic job that many managers would give their high teeth for a chance, so he should stop casting this negativity around the place, it really does nobody any good!
Unfortunately it reflects his whole personality, he is definitely a half empty glass man!

fair comment

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:08 am

Dazzle wrote:I’ve nothing further to add to my previous musings about Steve Bruce other than I’m not enjoying sitting back and watching my predictions come to fruition on a weekly basis. The silence from jimbob is deafening!

not silence at all, I'm just not want of them vultures waiting to pounce on a loss or win. talking of silence, its all very fockin silent on here when we win

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:12 am

Joppe84 wrote:OR how he has largely signed utter shit players.

That's a bit unfair. In January we signed Johnstone on loan, Hourihane, Lansbury and Hogan, the last three of whom came to use with excellent stats from their previous clubs. Excluding Johnstone for a minute I still think the other three are excellent players, they're just being played badly by Bruce. I still maintain that either Lansbury or Onomah played next to Hourihane would be a considerable improvement over having Whelan there plus I'd play Grealish and Hogan ahead of them, even with Davis available.

Whelan and Elmo, yes, pointless. We already had three RBs, there wasn't any point adding a winger to play there. His positioning is so bad I wonder what Bruce thought Chester and Johnstone had done to weaken the defence by playing him, especially with Whelan in front. What a perfect invitation to any opposition manager with any nous to exploit.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:29 am

We've got nothing to lose and something to gain by making a change now, as long as a competent manager is brought in, they'd have this squad in the play-offs at the very least, and we'd have an outside chance of automatic, with Bruce we know we have no chance of top two, and top six finish is hardly looking like a certainty.

I don't see us being fifth as an argument to keep him either, that's like the equivalent of a team like Man City or Chelsea being midtable in the Premier league, when you look at resources available relative to other clubs in the division; when you've spent as much as we have you don't expect to be so far from the top two, other similar sized clubs to us like Everton, Tottenham, Newcastle, and even smaller ones like West Ham wouldn't stand for it if they were in our position, but for some reason as a club we seem to except failure all too easily, there's always an excuse that things could be worse, which strikes me as a lack of ambition.

On injuries, we've had bad luck, but still have a selection of players available that most club's in this division could only dream of, that's kind of the point of all the money we've spent.

This is what Wyness said before the start of the season...

"I think next season is very important. I'm not going to shy away from it - next season is a big one for us".

"We can't get away from that at all. We want to do everything we can next season to go up. It will be an important season, we have got a great squad, there will be no excuses for us not to go up."

"We've got to score 80 goals this season.

"We've got to score 70 to 80 goals, there's no doubt about it.

"So therefore it's got to be pretty, attractive attacking football to get that number of goals"

He's nowhere near meeting those targets, but I'm well aware that he won't be sacked, I think part of it is Wyness being worried about the general outlook on him if he makes such a decision, the media wouldn't react favorably, and that would only intensify, should a replacement fail to get us promoted, whereas if we stick with Bruce, even if he fails, the view from the media will be that you couldn't blame us for sticking with him, given his promotion record. But we've really got to stop worrying what others think and do what's best for the club, even if it means a bit of bad publicity.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:37 am

jesus! would fockin hate to be round some of the Christmas tables of some on here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:41 pm

Reports on twitter than Steve Agnew is set to join the coaching staff, I don't know much about him, but hopefully he helps to improve us, should have been done in the summer really... He was also Karanka's assistant at Middlesbrough...
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:35 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Reports on twitter than Steve Agnew is set to join the coaching staff, I don't know much about him, but hopefully he helps to improve us, should have been done in the summer really... He was also Karanka's assistant at Middlesbrough...

If that is true it would also seem to imply that Bruce is here to stay at least till the end of the season and therefore we should all get behind him (myself included) to push for the same objectives, promotion in whatever form it should take!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 43 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 29 ... 43  Next