The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD

+13
VTID85
Boldfinger
Wookster
Dions_Bald_Head
Sky
deadbuzzardalive
Villa_Dan
Jae1411
Trotters
FoxyAV
Saunders82
De Kuip
AstonThriller
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD

Post by Sky Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:28 pm

We are soo poor! We might be winning but watching this hurts
Sky
Sky

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD

Post by Saunders82 Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:33 pm

I can't believe some of the comments on here today, yes we haven't ripped up trees but we have been workmanlike & had some breaks for a change, so hey I don't care if Brucie keeps his job for a bit, 3 points and a few goals AWAY & ON TV will do for me. Do I need to remind everyone of the famous quote "From little Acorns", I just hope we don't take our foot off the gas in the second half. Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD - Page 2 1520050566 Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD - Page 2 4025243045 Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD - Page 2 1520050566
Saunders82
Saunders82

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:45 pm

Best thing we could do, is win this then replace Bruce, I said the same after the Norwich game; It won't happen though, as Wyness said a couple of times that he'll take scrappy wins in the summer, trouble is they're all too infrequent, and there's nothing to suggest that that's going to change.

Redknapp sacked apparently...
deadbuzzardalive

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:47 pm

Youth!!

Go one lad. Cracking header. Just cracking.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:48 pm

THAT will do the lad the world of good Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:49 pm

Davis scores... Well done.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:50 pm

Fuck fuck fuck.

I was about to type that Davis is such a good player and I really rate him, then I took my eye off the stream and the fucker scores.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:54 pm

Harries gone apparently
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:57 pm

Yep - the Villa hating, slum-dwelling, 12-toed, inbred freaks- a gift that keeps on giving haha
De Kuip
De Kuip

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:02 pm

Winning 3-0, yet somehow look absolutely dreadful.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:06 pm

Can you imagine an evening where we trounce the opposition, the blues sack their manager after successive defeats & we get a new technically-minded, hungry manager?

Two out of three would be fine, I suppose.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:11 pm

Saunders82 wrote:I can't believe some of the comments on here today, yes we haven't ripped up trees but we have been workmanlike & had some breaks for a change, so hey I don't care if Brucie keeps his job for a bit, 3 points and a few goals AWAY & ON TV will do for me. Do I need to remind everyone of the famous quote "From little Acorns", I just hope we don't take our foot off the gas in the second half. Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD - Page 2 1520050566 Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD - Page 2 4025243045 Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD - Page 2 1520050566

I can't believe that you can't believe some of the comments on here . Have you been in hibernation or something? Look it's fecking great were hammering them and yes we'd all love corner turned and a charge to the premiership, and let's hope it happens. But surely you cannot blame people for feeling pissed off at the dross Bruce normally serves up. So, whilst I'll be feeling particularly great tonight if we win, especially as its all going tits up in the monkey house down the slums, but if you think I'm gonna be singing from the rooftops that it's all come good, we'll I ain't! Not just yet.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:19 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Winning 3-0, yet somehow look absolutely dreadful.

This.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:24 pm

Don't understand what Bruce sees in Thor, the guy needs stabilizers. Never seen a player spend so much time on his arse
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:27 pm

I have no idea why we keep hoofing. We are clearly capable of passing the ball on the grass, and to me it seems we are losing possession way more on hoofing than anything else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Thought Snodgrass improved the shape 1st half but he went missing second.
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:31 pm

Wookster wrote:Don't understand  what Bruce sees in Thor, the guy needs stabilizers. Never seen a player spend so much time on his arse

Yeah. I honestly thought he would be a good player for us. My impression of him from his national side was something different, but suppose I've been looking at a different long haired -son. They all look the fucking same.

He is shite though. I said it 5 matches ago, this is one signing we should cut our losses on. He will never come good. He simply doesn't have the ability. Having him on the bench over O'Hare is criminal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:36 pm

Guess I can't complain at a 3-0 win and I'll take the commentators word that we were good for the win as I've become blinded by how shite Bruce has been

Last edited by Villa_Dan on Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:43 pm

We play 2 up front and we score - simple really - despite Bruce.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:44 pm

Good result, deserved it today. Didn't look like league winners but equally didn't look dreadful. There were positive signs at least, even if some of the negative aspects still need to be driven out of the play. We seemed to actually have more of a plan today and stuck to it and fuck me if we didn't look more collected and in control when we played the ball on the fucking ground.

Davis and Adomah were a treat, particularly the former. Great to see Kodjia back. Snodgrass and Hourihane were both very good and Johnstone looking more confident again.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:32 pm

De Kuip wrote:
Saunders82 wrote:I can't believe some of the comments on here today, yes we haven't ripped up trees but we have been workmanlike & had some breaks for a change, so hey I don't care if Brucie keeps his job for a bit, 3 points and a few goals AWAY & ON TV will do for me. Do I need to remind everyone of the famous quote "From little Acorns", I just hope we don't take our foot off the gas in the second half. Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD - Page 2 1520050566 Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD - Page 2 4025243045 Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD - Page 2 1520050566

I can't believe that you can't believe some of the comments on here . Have you been in hibernation or something? Look it's fecking great were hammering them and yes we'd all love corner turned and a charge to the premiership, and let's hope it happens. But surely you cannot blame people for feeling pissed off at the dross Bruce normally serves up. So, whilst I'll be feeling particularly great tonight if we win, especially as its all going tits up in the monkey house down the slums, but if you think I'm gonna be singing from the rooftops that it's all come good, we'll I ain't! Not just yet.

DK I don't blame anyone for having a go, I get as pi**ed off as the next fan maybe even more so as I've seen us rebuild from the 3rd Division to win the European cup, but believe me it started with a little bit at a time. I never said we were brilliant but that I couldn't believe some comments when we were having a go, at this point in time personally I'm not too bothered how we win/play, its the points that count & points build CONFIDENCE & winning mentality, if at some point in the future we feel Brucie has taken us as far as he can & we're not improving then I'm sure he will be moved on, and before you say it we haven't improved that much, I agree but we are 6 without a loss with 3 clean sheets, little acorns as I said. lol!
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:45 pm

Anyone have a link for outside UK - the post match interview. I heard it was outrageous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:53 pm

Ok, found it. Wasn't too bad, but I think he will regret the last 20 seconds of that interview. Does himself no favours.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11039702/bruce-not-getting-carried-away

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:00 pm

2 up front. Brilliant.
Kodjia off, midfielder on. Useless again.
It's not rocket science
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:20 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Ok, found it. Wasn't too bad, but I think he will regret the last 20 seconds of that interview. Does himself no favours.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11039702/bruce-not-getting-carried-away

I don't think he'll regret it at all.

And why should he?

He's just overseen our biggest away win for two-and-a-half years, when people have been calling for him to be sacked.

He's entitled to have a bit of a swipe back, and it's not as if he's had a 'Keegan-style' meltdown on camera.

As the saying goes, don't give it out if you can't take it.

As for the 'hysteria' comment, I have some sympathy with that.

This forum has made uncomfortable reading lately and some of the comments and thread titles?... 'Hysterical' is definitely a word that came to my mind.

I'm sorry but, if you're posting on a Villa forum that you actually want Aston Villa to lose a game, then in the words of my Belfast-born-and-bred stepdad, you need to "cop yourself on".
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next