The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD

+13
VTID85
Boldfinger
Wookster
Dions_Bald_Head
Sky
deadbuzzardalive
Villa_Dan
Jae1411
Trotters
FoxyAV
Saunders82
De Kuip
AstonThriller
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD Empty Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD

Post by AstonThriller Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:41 pm

So I've started three match threads this season and there's been no win. Couple this with the game being on Sky and away from home, I guess it's p45 time for old Brucey my friends!!! Dancing Banana Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD 1520050566 Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD 1815562058 cheers Beer Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD 498107619

And as for the game. Well, Bruce sounded like a dead man walking in his press conference today. And it appears that Taylor and Jedi could be missing tomorrow, though Onomah is back and Kodjia is set to start. So with this in mind, who wants to bet that he reverts back to 532 just to take the p/ss in his final game? Very Happy

Not really bothered about winning this tbh. I'd take another bore draw right now if it meant we see the back of that chancer in our dugout. I think Barnsley will be well up for it and in all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we get turned over here.

If Taylor is fit and Bruce sticks to 433 with Adomah and Snoddy out wide and Koj down the middle, then we COULD win this. But will a victory be in our best interest long term? I'd be lying if I said it would.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD

Post by De Kuip Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:16 pm

Ahem!
I already started the match thread you numpty......its about 3 threads down
De Kuip
De Kuip

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD Empty Re: Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD

Post by AstonThriller Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:32 pm

De Kuip wrote:Ahem!
I already started the match thread you numpty......its about 3 threads down

Are you trying to keep Bruce in the job? Merge yours with mine then smartarse and let's keep my run going so we can hopefully have a new manager by monday Laughing .
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:18 pm

You think I'm clever enough to merge threads AT??!!

I' ve even managed to fuck up the countdown clock today.

Nah I'll just delete mine it's easier Very Happy
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:55 pm

by De Kuip Today at 12:11 pm
Thought I'd start the thread as I think we're past the point of worrying about thread starters having a good record!

I really don't know how I feel about this game tbh, for all the reasons we've flogged to death on other threads.

What I do know is we can't buy a goal but Barnsley have scored 3 in each of their last 2 home games and will be looking to capitalise on our poor form.

I'm gonna say 2-0 to them as we are dire away from home, we are dire on tv and let's face it, we are just dire full stop.
De Kuip

View user profile Send private message Send e-mail
Back to top Go down
Select/Unselect multi-quote
Edit/Delete this post
Delete this post
View IP address of poster
+ Re: Barnsley v Villa - nope, I don't have a clue either!
Post by big ming Today at 12:31 pm
Could never wish for a Villa defeat, but if it is and it results in somebody coming in who can organise a team, understands modern tactics, can motivate, make sensible substitutions, handle the"big time Charlie's" and get down and dirty with the coaching at Bodymoor, it will have been worth it.

I pray that this is the end of the negative rubbish we have been seeing.

big ming

Back to top Go down
Edit/Delete this post
Delete this post
Post by Villa_Dan Today at 12:31 pm
1-0 loss and Bruce tells us we were unlucky to lose despite not having a shot on target.

He'll play Kodjia despite concerns around rushing him back and he will pick up a knock which takes him out until November
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down
Edit/Delete this post
Delete this post
Post by Joppe84 Today at 5:20 pm
De Kuip wrote:

I'm gonna say 2-0 to them as we are dire away from home, we are dire on tv and let's face it, we are just dire full stop.

Truer words have never been spoken

Joppe84

Back to top Go down
Edit/Delete this post
Delete this post
New post by Joppe84 Today at 6:31 pm
2-1 loss I reckon. Sunday will be interesting
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:57 pm

Right ive pasted the other thread into this one and deleted it.

Highlander style: "There can be only one!"
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:13 pm

De Kuip wrote:You think I'm clever enough to merge threads AT??!!

I' ve even managed to fuck up the countdown clock today.

Nah I'll just delete mine it's easier Very Happy

LOL I'm no computer tech myself pal So I feel your pain Very Happy . Regardless though wouldn't it be just our luck that we've done this to keep my run going and then all of a sudden the Villa look like Barcelona 2012 tomorrow? I just know it will happen Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD 498107619 .
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:09 pm

I have to say guys I'm a glass half full person, so I just want our team to come good no matter who we have in charge. I've just read a post on another site which stated what I think, if we do bring in a new manager we will have the usual this squad is not good enough, this squad is not fit enough etc etc, we've seen & heard it all before I'm afraid. There is nothing that a run of wins can't cure IMO, lets keep the faith UTV. Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD 4025243045
Saunders82
Saunders82

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:11 pm

It's on Sky, so they're going to tear us a new arsehole. Which hopefully will consume Bruce and spit back out someone new and good.

On the plus side the away support will do us proud.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:05 am

I hope you don't mind but I've amended the title of the thread a little.
Trotters
Trotters

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:37 am

Trotters wrote:I hope you don't mind but I've amended the title of the thread a little.

With another genius SB tactical masterclass in the offing, we'll be lucky to get nil.

Fully expecting him to pick Hutton. Taylor one side and Hutton the other, imagine that - zero wing back service.

Some nobody ive never even heard of who apparently captained the tin-potters was saying in the Mail yesterday that Villa are slow and predictable and easy to play against. Normally I'd pay no mind to anything any snot-nose opines but it's a measure of how shite we are that I find myself agreeing with 90% of what he was saying.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:44 pm

courtesy of BBC

Steve Bruce has ended on the losing side in all four previous league visits to Oakwell as a manager. All four defeats have come with different clubs - Sheffield United (1-2 in April 1999), Huddersfield Town (2-4 in September 1999), Birmingham City (0-1 in April 2007) and Hull City (0-2 in April 2013).

Jae1411

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:59 pm

I just can't see us winning.

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:38 pm

TEAM NEWS IN GUYS

Johnstone, Elmo, Chester, Terry, Taylor, Snodgrass, Whelan, Hourihane, Adomah, Davis, Kodjia

Subs: Steer, Samba, Thor, Hogan, Onomah, Lansbury, Hutton

Well, it looks like Bruce is rolling the dice a 442, doesn't it?

.....................Johnstone..................

......Elmo....Chester...Terry...Taylor....

..Snodgrass..Whelan..Hourihane..Adomah...

...................Davis....Kodjia.............

Or is he going for an attacking 433?

...................Johnstone.................

....Elmo....Chester...Terry...Taylor....

..............Whelan..Hourihane........
.....................Snodgrass........
...........Adomah.............Kodjia....
.........................Davis..................

Whatever the case Bruce needs more than a bore draw to save himself imo...he's thrown everything at it today so let's see what happens.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Only thing I disagree with is Kodjia starting but it's 4-4-fucking-2!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:45 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Only thing I disagree with is Kodjia starting but it's 4-4-fucking-2!

Bruce is desperate so it's no surprise. And btw guys there's SEVEN current internationals in that starting line-up today.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:19 pm

OT I know but fecking hilarious that the avin it large noses imploded in 11 gorgeous second half minutes hahahahahaha
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:51 pm

Well done Bertie. Scrappy but he was on the spot
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:11 pm

Bruce to save his job, and then go another four or five games without winning a game, before getting another scrappy win, and so the pattern continues.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:12 pm

Well at least we started with a reasonable formation and that glorious goalkeeping allowed an easy finish. Great to see us in the lead away from home for once, let's keep it up and push for a second.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:12 pm

We look lost! No game plan. No one knows what to do with the ball
Sky
Sky

Barnsley vs Aston Villa Nil - MATCH THREAD 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:13 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Bruce to save his job, and then go another four or five games without winning a game, before getting another scrappy win, and so the pattern continues.

I know, it's a horrible feeling isn't it, but I'm just enjoying a rare away from home lead at present. Great for Adomah to have scored as well.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:16 pm

Stone wall penalty. Well done Davis.

BUT why are we seeing him running off more than having players run off him? He's a beast. Get the ball to him and get Kodjia, Shoddy, Bertie and Hourihan going off him
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:17 pm

Who'd of thunk it!

2-0 to the dinosaur lol!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:24 pm

I honestly think Barnsley have been the better team. We are two up and that's great, but it's flattering to decieve IMO. We are basically hoofing the ball and trying to counter attack with 10 men behind the ball at most times. Shite.

We seem utterly incapable of passing the ball on the ground. Even 5 yard passes are airborne. Who the fuck coaches this shit. Steve Bruce football doesn't even require grass.

Elmo reminds me of Hutton. Odd brilliance, great work rate, but constantly and I mean ALWAYS out of position.

Best game I've seen of Terry for us so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next