The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

v Brighton Match thread

+3
Wookster
LVBrit
deadbuzzardalive
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

v Brighton Match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: v Brighton Match thread

Post by achilles Sun May 07, 2017 6:06 pm

Yes, that is something I wanted to mention.
I didn't think much of the standard of refereeing in the PL but the standard in the Championship is absolutely appalling. I don't even moan about them anymore as I just accept that they are rubbish!

That is something that won't change next season; the standard of refereeing!
achilles
achilles

v Brighton Match thread - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 07, 2017 9:21 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Agree with that Trotters. Especially Johnstone and Davis.

I think Bacuna is one of the most frustrating players I've seen for us.

He suddenly looks like a PL player. Superb engine, gets stuck in, good shot and what not. But then in a switch he goes complete garbage. Hard to fathom really.

Both Mo Farah and Brendan Foster would have good engines but like Bacuna they would be awful footballers!! He is the new Westwood?

If you had said Gardner then you would likely have a point. Westwood is currently impressing in a decent Burnley side in the Premier League and according to their forum, both him and Lowton are very well thought of.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sun May 07, 2017 9:24 pm

BBC Sport wrote:Players who commit a foul to deny a goalscoring opportunity will no longer automatically be sent off, football's rule-making body has confirmed.

The previous 'triple-punishment' rule required a red card - and therefore a suspension - as well as the award of a penalty under those circumstances.

However, players committing accidental fouls that deny a goalscoring chance will now be cautioned instead.

But deliberate fouls will still incur a red card.

Those include holding, pulling or pushing, not playing the ball, serious foul play, violent conduct or deliberate handball in order to deny a goalscoring opportunity.

So was Baker dealt with harshly?
Wookster
Wookster

v Brighton Match thread - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 07, 2017 9:33 pm

Just annoys me that they still give red card and a penalty. Not only are you getting a goal scoring chance, but the red card? Just a double penalty and game breaker. Utter rubbish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon May 08, 2017 4:23 am

Reviewing it, I don't think there was any malice or intent to drag the Brighton player down. It was no more than a desperate attempt at a tackle that was mis-timed.

I expect the club to appeal.

As a side comment, I was glad to see that the captain questioned the referee but he wasn't surrounded and harassed by ten players spewing bile. Baker walked without question. I can't imagine the likes of classless teams like Chelsea or Man Utd doing that too often.
Trotters
Trotters

v Brighton Match thread - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon May 08, 2017 9:07 am

Joppe84 wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Agree with that Trotters. Especially Johnstone and Davis.

I think Bacuna is one of the most frustrating players I've seen for us.

He suddenly looks like a PL player. Superb engine, gets stuck in, good shot and what not. But then in a switch he goes complete garbage. Hard to fathom really.

Both Mo Farah and Brendan Foster would have good engines but like Bacuna they would be awful footballers!! He is the new Westwood?

If you had said Gardner then you would likely have a point. Westwood is currently impressing in a decent Burnley side in the Premier League and according to their forum, both him and Lowton are very well thought of.

Lowton was always a decent right back and harshly treated whilst here but Westwood?

This is the kingpin to Burnley's survival that has made a whole 7 league appearances since January?? A player who is only in the side due to the gambling addiction of football's most eloquent thug??
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 08, 2017 11:12 am

Doesn't change the fact that he is playing well and is well thought of in a better league than this. So all this Westwood hate is such an utter embarrassment. He wasn't amazing for us by any stretch, but it was pretty clear he averaged way better performances than Gardner ever did or ever will. But since Gardner is a Villa youth product he gets off easy. Just mental all of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon May 08, 2017 12:17 pm

It doesn't say much about the coaching setup at Villa Park when players released or sold for a pittance by Villa seem to do better at their new clubs (i.e. Albrighton, Joe Bennett, Westwood).

Gabby and Grealish are other examples who get a relative easy ride due to being 'Villa boys'!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2