The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Summer transfer window 2017/18

+40
Jae1411
VTID85
Fpuppys
Wookster
Boldfinger
Saunders82
Dazzle
bruka
ant 2014
smetro
AstonThriller
DelboyVilla
BillytheKid
gaffer85
ember
FoxyAV
VillaBill
villajk
Villa Ranger
Villa_Dan
andrew24561
worcesterkev
The Utterer
Leafs1201
Wriggle
villawayne
Trotters
NARLA24
UnclePanda
Thinman
De Kuip
Barabass
danclare82
1Elliot
Gordonsleftboot
avfc forever
Morpheus
Dions_Bald_Head
big ming
WendyOz
44 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 22 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2017/18

Post by achilles Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:00 pm

Can't get excited by Elmohamady, just another Bruce signing, experienced and knows what he is getting, absolutely no inspiration or forward thinking at all!
In fact pretty boring!
achilles
achilles

Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 22 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 22 Empty Re: Summer transfer window 2017/18

Post by worcesterkev Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Dads army
worcesterkev

Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 22 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:29 pm

Whelan's been an ever present in the midfield of a midtable Premier league side for the last ten years, and most of their fans rate him as their best player during that time; for me he's an upgrade on Jedinak, and I think this will be a good short-term signing just as long as the intention isn't to play him and Jedinak in the same midfield.

Think we might see a couple see a couple of loan signings before the deadline.
deadbuzzardalive

Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 22 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:09 pm

Good to hear that about Whelan. Oh well, Elmo's here now, we may as well try to be enthusiastic and give him a chance!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:04 am

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:14 am

don't see the reason for all the whingeing and comments like" just another bruce signing" "cant get excited about this". "Bruce has just gone for experience again" the experience comments are the best for me, ok lets go for unproven players, exciting young talent, youth etc when all are goal is is to get back to the prem, who gives a fook how we do it!!!!!! I for one couldn't give a fook about getting exciting players in,youth or this or that, the main thing is WE GO UP. stop slating Bruce likes hes failed when the season hasn't even started!! to be honest I shouldn't be surprised really. same old.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:28 am

I was really looking forward to seeing Veretout and Gueye paired up in midfield in the Championship. Sure, neither seemed to want to play for us, and I suspect they had quite a negative time in their one and only season at VP. On the other hand they are both young, exciting players, and just the kind we need to build a team around. We don't see Reading, Huddersfield, Brighton and so on cherrypicking the best players from the league like we did last season, they built up their teams to be so successful with careful investment and good management. Sure, it may well be that Elmo and Wheelan will help us get back up there, but there has also to be a certain amount of investment in the future, and after years and years of wholesale buying of cheap untried or elderly players every season, it would be good to think we can go all out to keep hold of some of the best of the crop. Who seriously would we keep hold of if we did make it to the PL and were expecting to be fighting for mid-table rather than safety? Chester and Kodjia stand out. Grealish might make it if he sorts himself out this season. Lansbury might make it too. Apart from that? We buy players to get us into the PL and then we buy a whole new team, propped up by wannabes and pension dodgers. Or we end up messing up the careers of some of the promising talent like Gollini. So great, Bruce brings in players who'll do the job and if we're lucky, we make it into the PL. Then what?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:29 am

Zebedee back in full swing
Dazzle
Dazzle

Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 22 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:35 am

.....................................Johnstone..................................
.............Chester..............Terry................Baker.................
.....Elmohamady...............Whelan..................Taylor...........
.........................Lansbury..............Hourihane...................
................................McCormack.........Hogan...................

Is that the lineup we can expect against Hull?
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:36 am

Dazzle wrote:.....................................Johnstone..................................

i'd say so unless jonny is back

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:58 am

Dazzle wrote:.....................................Johnstone..................................

At this moment in time I would say that would be the team although McCormack may be on his way.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:25 pm

As it stands If Green's not starting then I think he can count himself very unlucky, he's easily looked our best outlet going forward so far in pre-season. He and Grealish, have to be used more often this season.

Another Xia sum...

(?%){0
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:56 pm

Is Bruce really gonna take us into a new season without signing at least ONE attacking player after the team finished with the fourth worst goals tally in the league last season? REALLY?

As for Green, I really think he's just hype right now and is not worth putting all our faith in. look, we need midfielders who can hit 8-12 goals in a season and chip in with at least 7-12 assists. Is Green really gonna do that for us when he doesn't even have a goal or assist to his name yet? Not for me. We need someone much more proven in the attacking third imo.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 22 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:16 pm

Welcome to Ahmed and Glenn to Aston Villa.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 22 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:06 pm

With Green I think some of the excitement for him is slightly premature, he's a good prospect, but we shouldn't be going into a season relying so much on him for creativity, as he's still got much to prove, but as it stands with the players we've got available for selection I'd be looking to start him.

Wyness in an audio interview with Tom Ross did say we were going to sign a mixture of 'real men' and 'exciting youth', I suppose you could say the first part has come true, so maybe the second will too.

A player called Kunda Jr has been linked the past few days, but there's not much information on him, that I can find other than he's a technical player who can play on the wing or as an attacking midfielder.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:28 pm

A lot can happen in 3 years - good and bad, and this is a 3 year old scouting report, but might give some clue about Kunda - at least, how he was at 21 yrs old anyway.

Gabriel Kunda Jr.: Scout Report

Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 22 Gabirel-kunda-junior-stats-wiki-field

Thursday, 20 February 2014
Introducing

Who is Gabriel Kunda Jr.
The young maestro was born on the 2nd of October 1992, in Lusaka, Zambia. Having started his career in England at Charlton's U'9 academy Kunda moved abroad to where he further developed his young career in the mother land of tiki taka football Spain. However, Kunda has not represented them at any youth level internationally nor has he represented his native country Zambia.

Kunda has many reputable strengths, most notably his dribbling and his passing. There are many technically brilliant players out there, but Kunda sticks out in the way he carries himself on the pitch: Head up, posture like a ballet dancer, flair, impeccable first touch and with some of that 360 degree vision we have come to expect from a young midfielder learning his trade the Spanish way. In terms of pure and natural talent, there are not many better than him within his age group.
His role in the team is as one of the two midfielders ahead of the defensive midfielder. He sometimes plays as the deeper of the two, but is perhaps better suited to the more attacking minded role, and has often demonstrated a willingness to make runs into the penalty area as well as good timing in terms of when to pick his moments to go forward.
Still, his main strengths are his superb ball control, technique and composure. He can bring the ball down in just about any situation, never gets stressed, and usually plays the right pass. Like most Spanish youngsters he has no problem receiving the ball under pressure, as his combination of ability, composure and awareness of his surroundings means he rarely loses the ball. He also has the ability to do the unexpected, which makes him able to destabilise the opposition and instigate attacking moves from seemingly innocuous situations. Kunda has been suited playing the (free role in midfield) which allows him roam and stray passes around the field from left to right with pin point accuracy.
As with many other technical players, his weakness lies in the physical side of the game. He is not particularly big, strong or defensive minded, and although he makes up for it through sheer footballing ability the question mark revolves around how he would cope playing a different type of football, in a different midfield setup. Even though he has decent body strength and good balance, and also has the work ethic ingrained, I doubt we will see clubs deploying a two man midfield playing a more direct style of football being after his signature any time soon. If so, it would probably be in a no.10 role, operating at the apex of the midfield. To be fair though, this has more to do with the type of player he is than it being a weakness.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 22 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:08 pm

He sounds like the type of player we could do with, just a queston of whether he can kick start his career. I read an article that suggested that he scored 7 goals in 21 games for Zaragoza, and was wanted by AS Monaco and PSV Eindoven, chose Villareal instead, but for whatever reason hasn't made a single appearence for them.

http://readastonvilla.com/2017/07/18/villa-considering-swoop-zambian-midfielder/

Even if he were to sign we'd probably still need someone a bit more proven to help with a our creative problems, I think we'll probably look to loan a few youngsters from Premier clubs, who though, I've got no idea.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:24 pm

From what I can see, Hourihane in 2015-2016 made 25 appearances for Barnsley, scored six goals and created 11 assists. Lansbury scored six goals in 17 appearances and created three assists.

For Villa last season, Hourihane appeared 17 times, scored one goal and created three assists and Lansbury appeared 18 times with no goals or assists. At Barnsley, Hourihane's Whoscored rating was 7.72, at Villa last season, 6.80. At Forest, Lansbury's Whoscored rating was 7.23, while at Villa last season it was 6.80.

Oh and Adomah played 38 matches for us last season, scored three goals and created 10 assists. For Middlesborough he played 42 times in 2015-2016, scoring six and creating five assists. His Whoscored rating was 7.20 at Middlesborough that season, at Villa last season it was 6.84.

I haven't looked at anyone else's stats but what the hell are we doing to these really good players we cherrypick from other teams? Even if we did buy in some new attacking players, what's the point? Something, somewhere, is going wrong once they arrive at Villa. Are they all being played out of position?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:54 pm

I think the problem for our attacking players is Bruce's negative men behind the ball football, none tactics and him putting things like 'passion and grit' before things like passing and movement.

That's the reason why last season apart from Kodjia, it was players like Hutton, Jedinak, Taylor and Chester who were deemed to be our better players, of course those types are going to thrive more, when it's the opposition who have the lion's share of the ball.

And it will be more of the same this coming season, not once during pre-season have I heard Bruce talk about how we need to keep the ball better or become more creative, it's all about being men and grinding out results, and that's the kind of football we'll see whilst he's in charge.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:58 pm

Sorry dead buzzard I must disagree with you, Bruce has definitely said we need to be better on the ball, keep possession better and create and score more goals.
If he can sort it out ??? That's the million dollar question.
Despite all the negativity surrounding our pre-season games I still believe he is getting a team together that will be more balanced and will get us to the play offs at least.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:10 pm

He said it last season after games, but we never improved like he said we needed to.

During pre-season, the perfect time to work on things, as far as I'm aware he hasn't talked about improving the way we play at all; all the talk from him, is about getting stuck in, 'real men' earning the right to play and so on. Even Lansbury was talking about grinding out 1-0 wins yesterday.

His signings are the perfect reflection on how we're going to play, as has been stated last season we had one of the better defenses in the league but we were the fourth worst for scoring, so what does Bruce do? Signs a definsive midfielder, a defender, and right-back when we've got about five of those already. Whilst not bad players, you could argue apart from Johnstone, we didn't really need a single one of them, all this talk of the likes of Terry and Whelan being good for the dressing room, smacks to me of Bruce bringing in people to do what he should be doing, if he doesn't do tactics (by his own admission) and needs to bring in others to be a presence in the dressing room, then what does he do.

Whilst Bruce is in charge for us to have any chance of being serious contenders, we're going to have to keep a lot of clean sheets and we'll need match winners all over the park who can conjur something out of nothing, not just Kodjia, but hopefully the likes of McCormack, Hogan and Grealish can step up too.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:15 pm

Anyway back on topic, someone asked Xia if the 'mystery player' we were after was Sam Gallagher, to which he replied 'that's no', interestling that he didn't deny the idea of a mystery player though.

I think if we can sell a few more, we may well see one or two more arrivals. Cisshoko going to Turkey in the next few days, and Veretout and Elphick, look to be on the way too, which I'm guessing should raise the best part of £10M.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:19 pm

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:13 pm

Delighted for Chris Samba, i have really enjoyed watching him in pre season and he has been the stand out player for me too. Crikey A back 3 of Samba, Terry & Chester? That's some wall to get past Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 22 226846862

The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:36 pm

The Utterer wrote:Delighted for Chris Samba, i have really enjoyed watching him in pre season and he has been the stand out player for me too. Crikey A back 3 of Samba, Terry & Chester? That's some wall to get past  Summer transfer window 2017/18 - Page 22 226846862

He's also been training with us for about 6 months unpaid. His form in preseason coupled with that means he totally deserved a shot
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next