The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

FA Cup draw

+11
jeffvilla
deadbuzzardalive
Saunders82
Trotters
Dazzle
Wookster
VTID85
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
DelboyVilla
andrew24561
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FA Cup draw - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup draw

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:47 am

We're midtable, but only because of such a poor start to the season, that we've since moved on from. I wouldn't agree with the notion that we're struggling, when all is said and done results have been pretty good recently. Struggling in the sense of playing catch-up after a poor start yes, but not really struggling for current form, despite Monday.

I don't disagree that Spurs will probably win and it wouldn't be a surprise if they were to do so convincingly. Just the way some people going on, on twitter after they beat Chelsea, you'd think this weekend's game was a non league team facing someone like Barcelona, rather than team playing another team in the division below.

Not saying we'll win, just that I don't think it's guaranteed to be as easy for Tottenham as a lot of Villa fans are making out.

Pretty sure we beat QPR away from home recently as well.

Edit: All that said, I'm not really bothered about this game, if we were to get a positive result all well and good, but really think we need to be putting all our energy into sneaking into the play-offs, have a feeling that Bruce's team selection might reflect that sentiment as well.
deadbuzzardalive

FA Cup draw - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:48 am

Ok spurs in the FA cup, not bothered one way or another. On the cards it looks like spurs will beat us easily, but it is the FA cup and anything can happen.  FA Cup draw - Page 2 238524133
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

FA Cup draw - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:55 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:

Edit: All that said, I'm not really bothered about this game, if we were to get a positive result all well and good, but really think we need to be putting all our energy into sneaking into the play-offs, have a feeling that Bruce's team selection might reflect that sentiment as well.

Basically my sentiment exactly!
achilles
achilles

FA Cup draw - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:10 pm

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:53 pm

He is such a pratt!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:55 pm

Just sitting here watching our ex-academy player Callum Robinson tearing Arsenal a new one.
Still, we've given Gardner a new contract so who am I to question the mighty wisdom of the great Aston Villa.....
De Kuip
De Kuip

FA Cup draw - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:23 pm

achilles wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:

Disagree. Always select out the best team we got available.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:07 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
achilles wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:

In which case, play Hepburn-Murphy and give him reason to want to stay.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:11 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:
achilles wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:

In which case, play Hepburn-Murphy and give him reason to want to stay.

Not for me. I agree with SB on this one - Audrey has had plenty of opportunities to commit and would've been involved in more matches had he done so. He refused a contract last summer and has now refused a better one. His agent has been in his ear, let him fuck off to Rangers
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:38 pm

Exactly! I can't see Bruce letting Audrey shit on him again.

As for the Mike Dean, I've read on twitter that 4 of his last 5 red cards have been recinded. How the hell is he even being considered to referee professional football matches if that stat is true?

FA Cup draw - Page 2 Images10
Trotters
Trotters

FA Cup draw - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:13 pm

I just don't like him cause he's such a blatant spurs fan and utter narcistic wanker. He is everything a referee shouldn't be. You shouldn't notice a referee, yet Dean insists on being the superstar every single match. It's all about him.

I just read he's refereed spurs 3 times this season, sent off 3 opposition players and given spurs 3 penalties.

Game is over before it even started.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:20 am

Joppe84 wrote:I just don't like him cause he's such a blatant spurs fan and utter narcistic wanker. He is everything a referee shouldn't be. You shouldn't notice a referee, yet Dean insists on being the superstar every single match. It's all about him.

I just read he's refereed spurs 3 times this season, sent off 3 opposition players and given spurs 3 penalties.

Game is over before it even started.

My money's on Hutton in the first half.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:41 am

Just gonna leave this here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=StRVqK7xgw4

What a twunt

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:48 am

Here are this season's stats and they don't make pretty reading:

http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=135
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:21 am

I blame the FA tbh. It's them who are allowing the guy to officiate despite the clear evidence that he is unfit and clearly biased towards Spurs. Those stats don't add up at all especially when the reds he issues then get rescinded. I also remember him giving an Anfield Pen against us when Suarez dived over Guzan the one year amongst other crimes against Villa.

Clearly he is one of the FA's top 4 protectorate which i am convinced exist and get wheeled out when they want to ensure a certain outcome. They need Spurs in the latter stages of the cup.

It happened to us against Man U too when we dared to go 1-0 up and were dictating the game... then of course we all know how the official turned that game. Refused to send off their player and then proceeded to book every Villa player for identical tackles he would not book their UTD counterparts for with us thus ending up unable to challenge them for fear of getting a red...UTD then took over the game and fluked/were given a 2-1 win.... A disgrace to this day that.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:28 am

The Utterer wrote:

It happened to us against Man U too when we dared to go 1-0 up and were dictating the game... then of course we all know how the official turned that game. Refused to send off their player and then proceeded to book every Villa player for identical tackles he would not book their UTD counterparts for with us thus ending up unable to challenge them for fear of getting a red...UTD then took over the game and fluked/were given a 2-1 win.... A disgrace to this day that.

The League Cup Final 2010 still makes me furious to this day, Phil Dowd was a cheat!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:32 am

achilles wrote:
The Utterer wrote:

The League Cup Final 2010 still makes me furious to this day, Phil Dowd was a cheat!

That's the one Achilles... The most rigged "big" game i have ever witnessed, that was a disgrace. FA Cup draw - Page 2 1558371468
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:08 pm

Gotta say watching that Mike Dean youtube video, he's a LOT bigger than I thought.
Trotters
Trotters

FA Cup draw - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:24 pm

officially Mike Dean supports Tranmere Rovers.....................yeah I can't believe that either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
andrew24561
andrew24561

FA Cup draw - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2