The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Fa cup 4th round draw

+2
kimbo
lukevilla
6 posters

Go down

Fa cup 4th round draw Empty Fa cup 4th round draw

Post by lukevilla Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:03 am

Who do you want to get and i know its a long way off but i just wondered if you reach the fa cup final you get into europe or do you have to win it?
lukevilla

Fa cup 4th round draw 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Fa cup 4th round draw Empty Re: Fa cup 4th round draw

Post by kimbo Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:40 am

lukevilla wrote:Who do you want to get and i know its a long way off but i just wondered if you reach the fa cup final you get into europe or do you have to win it?
It depends who you're playing and how the league falls bud. If say you end up playing a team that qualifies for the Champions League, you'd just have to be in the final. If neither of you are in Europe through the league (or League Cup for that matter) then you'd need to win it.

I don't know if winning or being runner-up affects where teams enter though. Hull entered in qualifying round 3, Spurs were the play-off and Everton went straight into the group stages, but I don't know if that would have been different had Hull won the cup.
kimbo
kimbo

Fa cup 4th round draw 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Spadge Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:56 am

kimbo wrote:

I don't know if winning or being runner-up affects where teams enter though. Hull entered in qualifying round 3, Spurs were the play-off and Everton went straight into the group stages, but I don't know if that would have been different had Hull won the cup.

From Wiki:

European qualification[edit]
The FA Cup winners qualify for the following season's UEFA Europa League. This European place applies even if the team is relegated or is not in the English top flight. However, if the FA Cup winning team has also qualified for the following season's Champions League, then the losing FA Cup finalist is given the Europa League place instead. FA Cup winners enter the Europa League at the Group Stage. Losing finalists, if they enter the Europa League, must begin earlier, at the play-off or Q3 stage.[11] From the 2015/16 season, UEFA will not allow the runners-up to qualify for the Europa League through the competition.[12]

Ie winners go into group, but finalist places go to play off or Q3 - not sure how they decide which, probably about european score co-efficients...

Mr_Spadge

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:14 pm

Hopefully it will be an away tie against anyone other than Blues or Albion.
Thinman
Thinman

Fa cup 4th round draw 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:23 pm

Well if from 2015/2016 the runners-up don't go in, it's become irrelevant anyway, as that is next season  :)
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:33 pm

An away match against anyone unattractive. I would rather not have a televised match, our reputation is already damaged enough.
villabromsgrove

Fa cup 4th round draw 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:53 pm

The fourth round home draw has been moved to Sunday.....I expect the filth to celebrate by having an open top bus ride around the city centre.

Birmingham City scored a moral victory over deadly rivals Aston Villa today when they won the right to stage their FA Cup fourth round tie on their preferred date - with a coin toss.

Blues face West Bromwich Albion at St Andrew’s while Villa were also drawn at home to "Bournemouth, much to the concern of West Midlands Police.

With both games scheduled to take place on Saturday, January 24, Blues asked the police to use their heads and tails to decide.

Blues won and will kick-off at St Andrew’s at 3pm on the Saturday with Villa Park hosting goal-laden Bournemouth at 3pm the following day."

Article continues.. http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fa-cup-birmingham-city-beat-8399045
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:01 pm

Ha, yeah, they'll be proper chuffed. Bless.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum