The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

January '17 Transfer Window

+48
Terry Derry
avfc85
Cha Ching
Army villain
Synopsis
UnclePanda
Villa Ranger
Keyser Soze
Con
avfcjoe
achilles
Wriggle
ember
Wookster
Saunders82
The Utterer
1Elliot
Jae1411
Trotters
Boldfinger
deadbuzzardalive
andrew24561
FoxyAV
ConnorMorgan
gaffer85
Andyh
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
smetro
Barabass
danclare82
Dazzle
De Kuip
Villa_Dan
Gordonsleftboot
4BetLite
mefromhere
avfc forever
edvilla86
jeffvilla
AstonThriller
DelboyVilla
VTID85
VillaBill
WendyOz
DaveAV1
CoE82
Morpheus
52 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 8 Empty Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:58 am

@Dazzle you are right.

However I cannot see any of Gil, Veretout or Sanchez ever wanting to come back here after last season?

At the end of January I want to be sure that I will never have to watch that idiot Westwood in a Villa shirt again unless it is what he wears when he does he new job of cleaning the toilets in the Holte on match days?

Ayew 16/17 is beginning to look like Ayew 15/16 ie lot's of promise and absolutely zero product at all?
DelboyVilla

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 8 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:48 am

I have never bought into the Ayew hype personally and continue to feel he would struggle to hit an aircraft carrier with a football if it were docked in front of him, talk about missing chances! I agree he is is a show pony who just has no end product, a "1 in 12" player which is nowhere near enough.

We really are a conundrum at the moment but that Norwich performance, along with most of our away performances, was abysmal and cannot continue. I have never seen a professional football team at any level give the ball away so pathetically and cheaply and so often as Villa did last night. Just re-watch the first 20 minutes it was horrendous and set the tone for what was one of the worst Villa performances i have witnessed in 35+ seasons as a fan.

The forwards look like a bunch of strangers, the midfield was like one guy trying to stop the entire Norwich team but lacking the ability to play good balls forwards. The full backs looked clueless going any further forwards than the half way line and the Keeper looked disinterested.

So where do you start with that lot exactly?

Well for me Gabby had his chance and blew it... So get McCormack back in to at least have some brains up top. This may help Kodija or maybe a new striker we can find in Jan who replaces him once the ACN is underway.

Midfield clearly needs urgent attention, we lack any quality in there and seem to lack leadership too which is remarkable considering we have the likes of Elphick and Jedinak playing!

Gollini? Get rid.. he looks disinterested to me and out of his depth. He may well become a top keeper eventually but i doubt it'll be here and we simply cannot carry players at the moment. He is one to have on the bench & bring on in cup games and the like nothing more.

As for defence well Hutton has to go, as does Richards and we need Baker back ASAP. I like the Jenkinson talk and we need a new CB to replace Richards who can come in ahead of Elphick when Baker is injured.

The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:51 am

@Dazzle totally agree, time to be ruthless Bruce!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:59 am

Massive clearout time in January. Has to be done.
NARLA24
NARLA24

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 8 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:04 am

We need so many players. Can't believe we spent up to £27m on Kodjia and McCormack (think both cost more than anyone else in the history of the club except for Bent) and they've scored under ten goals between them, mind would help if they were played in their correct position.

A lot of what we do in January will depend on whether we still have a realistic chance of making the play-offs. We could be cut adrift by then, or it could go the other way.
deadbuzzardalive

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 8 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:20 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:We need so many players. Can't believe we spent up to £27m on Kodjia and McCormack (think both cost more than anyone else in the history of the club except for Bent) and they've scored under ten goals between them, mind would help if they were played in their correct position.

A lot of what we do in January will depend on whether we still have a realistic chance of making the play-offs. We could be cut adrift by then, or it could go the other way.

Unfortunately this is exactly what happened last season when we did absolutely nothing in the transfer window as we were so far behind, accepting our fate!

We have 3 games left this month, QPR (A), Burton (H) and Leeds (H) and we need at least 7 points from these to have any aspirations of play offs.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:27 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:We need so many players. Can't believe we spent up to £27m on Kodjia and McCormack (think both cost more than anyone else in the history of the club except for Bent) and they've scored under ten goals between them, mind would help if they were played in their correct position.

Kodjia we should be happy with, when played up front he is dangerous and has scored goals. The ability he has to hold onto the ball and beat players should be utilised in the middle of the pitch in front of goal, where he will either get a shot off or can roll into somebody like a McCormack.............I was going to say roll it into a midfielder but we all know we don't have a single CM likely to be running at goal, I actually can't remember the last time a CM scored from running into the opposition box? CM is the biggest single problem, it causes problems for either the attack or defence, or both. I'd like a line-up in January that looked something like;

................................Mannone............................
Jenkinson...........Chester...........Baker.............Amavi
................................Jedinak............................
.........Adomah............Stephens..................Brady.
............................McCormack......................
..........................Hernandez.........................

Maybe Adomah will be away at ACN, not sure he's been in the squad recently? If we can get something close to that line-up then we have give ourselves a chance to make the playoffs and be in some kind of form.
Dazzle
Dazzle

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 8 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:58 am

Definitely need 2 centre midfield players as an absolute priority!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:58 am

Yep massive changes needed. The reality is our squad is simply an illusion. The "names" suggest we should be easily in the top two, but the bottom line and reality of their form/ability is staring us in the face and the truth is rather ugly. The fact is these guys as a collective just aren't good enough and for me we need up to seven players in January.

Keeper
Right-back
Centre-back
Central midfielder
Attacking midfielder
Winger
Striker

The only players who would be certain of a start In my team are Amavi, Chester, Jedinak, Adomah and Kodjia. And I could live with Gollini if we can't sign an experienced keeper. Grealish is simply not consistent enough imo and we need a real string puller in the middle of the park who can get assists regularly and score goals.

Like I said after the Wigan game...these shit performances before the window opens may well be a blessing in disguise because it means Bruce will be able to see the wood from the trees.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 8 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:15 am

AstonThriller wrote:Yep massive changes needed. The reality is our squad is simply an illusion. The "names" suggest we should be easily in the top two, but the bottom and reality of their form/ability is staring us in the face and the truth is rather ugly. The fact is these guys as a collective just aren't good enough and for me we need up to seven players in January.

Keeper
Right-back
Centre-back
Central midfielder
Attacking midfielder
Winger
Striker

The only players who would be certain of a start In my team are Amavi, Chester, Jedinak, Adomah and Kodjia. And I could live with Gollini if we can't sign an experienced keeper. Grealish is simply not consistent enough imo and we need a real string puller in the middle of the park who can get assists regularly and score goals.

Like I said after the Wigan game...these shit performances before the window opens may well be a blessing in disguise because it means Bruce will be able to see the wood from the trees.

Totally and utterly agree, you put it much better than I could! January '17 Transfer Window - Page 8 3769219917

Those are the only players I would start as well for the same reasons.

Last edited by achilles on Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Extra)
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:31 pm

Thanks AT. That'd explain why we've not hauled them back into action for us.

Given the performance against Norwich, I'm not even sure I'd want us to make the play offs. (a) they'd be no-doubt heartbreaking and (b) if they weren't, this club is nowhere near ready for the top-flight and I don't think I could bear another season like last one again. I think I'd prefer us to offload the shit we have over the next couple of years in this league (either sell or run their contracts down) and rebuild off that. But then, will Xia be bored of it all by then?
Trotters
Trotters

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 8 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:11 pm

Trotters wrote:Thanks AT. That'd explain why we've not hauled them back into action for us.

Given the performance against Norwich, I'm not even sure I'd want us to make the play offs. (a) they'd be no-doubt heartbreaking and (b) if they weren't, this club is nowhere near ready for the top-flight and I don't think I could bear another season like last one again. I think I'd prefer us to offload the shit we have over the next couple of years in this league (either sell or run their contracts down) and rebuild off that. But then, will Xia be bored of it all by then?

Bruce has spoken more than once about the "incredible" plans Xia has the club if/when we get back up so I'd be inclined to believe things would be a lot different if we return to the premiership at the first time of asking. The play-offs would be a nervy affair and no doubt all the pressure would be firmly on us but in order to win the lotto Trotter you've got to buy a ticket!!..I think we;ll make it and then the playoffs will sort themselves out. TBH having Reading, Huddersfield etc up in there should only work to our benefit if they stay there.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 8 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by edvilla86 Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:00 pm

Agree with positions that you guys are saying we need surely we should be looking to aim big January with targets to get out of this league. We should not be scared to ask Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City for loans deals.

Out
Gabby
Westwood
Kozak
Ayew
Hutton
Cissoko

In
GK- ????
RB- Jenkinson
CB - Dawson
DM- Barry OR Ledley
AM- Delph (loan)
LM- Brady
ST- Rashford (loan) and/or Rhodes maybe even F.Campbell

This would be ideal but if we get half of this but ship the deadwood out i'll be pleased

edvilla86
edvilla86

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 8 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:00 pm

edvilla86 wrote:Agree with positions that you guys are saying we need surely we should be looking to aim big January with targets to get out of this league. We should not be scared to ask Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City for loans deals.

Out
Gabby
Westwood
Kozak
Ayew
Hutton
Cissoko

In
GK- ????
RB- Jenkinson
CB - Dawson
DM- Barry OR Ledley
AM- Delph (loan)
LM- Brady

This would be ideal but if we get half of this but ship the deadwood out i'll be pleased

the shite are being given 10m apparently

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:29 pm

edvilla86 wrote:Agree with positions that you guys are saying we need surely we should be looking to aim big January with targets to get out of this league. We should not be scared to ask Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City for loans deals.

Out
Gabby
Westwood
Kozak
Ayew
Hutton
Cissoko

In
GK- ????
RB- Jenkinson
CB - Dawson
DM- Barry OR Ledley
AM- Delph (loan)
LM- Brady

I'd add Richards and Gardner to the "Outs".

No need for Gardner to stay as cover - he's not good enough for that, we could buy better for under a mill.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:07 pm

I've seen a few posts on another forum talking about the possibility of Lowton returning, don't know if he's been linked, but whilst I don't think he was that bad for us, in fact I think he was even linked with Arsenal at one stage, I think I'd rather we moved on rather than looking back.

Edit: I've just looked into it and it doesn't look like he's been linked, but Bartosz Bereszynski a right-back from Legia Warsaw has. Also Bruce has apparently said that there will be no big signings in January.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:43 pm

[/quote] Also Bruce has apparently said that there will be no big signings in January.[/quote]

That says to me they fear we will not get promoted this season. Neutral
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:50 pm

Could just be Bruce bluffing.

By the end of December play-offs could look out of reach, and so we might hold back on the spending, or we could be right in the thick of it, with a run of games in January that we'd expect to take a lot of points from.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:03 am

The Utterer wrote:
Also Bruce has apparently said that there will be no big signings in January.[/quote]

That says to me they fear we will not get promoted this season. Neutral [/quote]

Personally I think its just him putting everyone off the scent, yes last year we did'nt buy anyone in fact Remi Garde had tapped up some players but the club said no and they went to Sunderland who as we all know stayed up, those said players are being looked at by other teams Kone has an 18 million buyout apparently, Newcastle spent big and just missed out BUT they got big money for some and look at them now top of the league and coasting. So IMO we will bring people in to give us a shot at promotion, if it dos'ent work this year we will have strengthened what we all know is a weak team ready for next year, to me its a no brainer and I think Dr Tony and the rest know how vital getting into the prem is. January '17 Transfer Window - Page 8 3769219917
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:09 pm

The Utterer wrote:
Also Bruce has apparently said that there will be no big signings in January.[/quote]

That says to me they fear we will not get promoted this season. Neutral [/quote]Wait until January you might just be very pleased mate
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:01 pm

Don't know if Tom Ince would be at all obtainable, but for some reason he seems like a Bruce type signing. And of course there's the connection between Bruce and his dad, from their United days, don't know if they got/get along.

Edit: Didn't realise he played for Bruce at Hull, apparently Bruce was 'livid' when he was sold.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:27 am

I do wonder what people's thoughts are regarding the transfer speculation? Probably the most controversial piece might be the talked about interest in Amavi, clubs interested reportedly being Marseille and Everton. Would people be content if, say, Amavi was used as means to getting hold of McCarthy along with something in the region of £10+million? That £10m being used to purchase Brady from Norwich? Personally for me it's a no, I'm of the mind that says if you want to get back to the premier league and then COMPETE in the premier league then you keep your clearly gifted players.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:16 am

Dazzle wrote:I do wonder what people's thoughts are regarding the transfer speculation? Probably the most controversial piece might be the talked about interest in Amavi, clubs interested reportedly being Marseille and Everton. Would people be content if, say, Amavi was used as means to getting hold of McCarthy along with something in the region of £10+million? That £10m being used to purchase Brady from Norwich? Personally for me it's a no, I'm of the mind that says if you want to get back to the premier league and then COMPETE in the premier league then you keep your clearly gifted players.

Agreed; I hate it when a talented youngster still improving is sold to buy a mega-buck marquee signing - it always sours the deal for me & sends me a signal about the intentions of my club. For what it's worth (diddly-squat) I think our club is wiser & more financially secure now to do that - especially as Amavi showed us loyalty very early on in the Summer.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:23 am

I've lost track of how reliable he is, but apparently Alan Nixon has said on twitter that we want Brady and Rhodes, and that we will definitely spend.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:30 am

seen a post on here earlier saying bruce doesn't plan to buy anyone in January?? I cant find any article that says that at all???

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next