The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

January '17 Transfer Window

Page 24 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by ember on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:28 pm

@De Kuip wrote:
@ember wrote:
Somewhat OT but what a shame the old Evening Mail has declined to what it is now. I remember when it was a decent quality broadsheet that had about four editions printed a day. Now it's thin tabloid printing yesterday's news and bullshit. I'm amazed anyone actually wastes their money on it.

Oh I think a bit of OT is more than OK mate considering its FUCKING BORING at the moment.
What I hate about a lot of the modern rags is when something happens such as a person dying, and they basically use Facebook comments to pad out the report or if there's an incident somewhere they screen grab off Google maps where it writes the name of the road on screen or when there's an accident and they show a library picture of an ambulance. Pointless lazy Internet trawling.
Remember the days when there'd be yet another Villa win and your dad sent you down the newsagent to queue with everyone waiting for the Sports Argus. Then on the front it would have Form rate "outstanding" against Villa''s result, made all the better when Blues  had been stuffed and their form rate was "Dismal".
How the fuck they got that paper out in the time they did pre computer and internet/digital camera age I'll never know. I bet the editor hated cup days as the report would come out before the match had ended lol.

It is shite using social media to essentially write the story. Even the local news and TV programmes do it. "Carol from Dudley tweets.." I. Don't. Give. A Fuck. What. Fucking. Carol. From. Fucking. Dudley. Fucking.Thinks. Not about anything, ever.

That's not what I read or tune in for. I want reports, facts, eyewitness input, the contributions of experts and commentary from highly intelligent authors. Don't waste my time with the misspelled musings from Faecebook and Twitter.

Those were the days, indeed. Laughing I'd forgotten about the joys of "Form Rate". It was also the days of the Midday, Home, and Late Night Final Editions where you could read about news that had happened that day - unlike the current shite offering. There was even a "Stop Press" column on the back page that you had to turn the paper to read because it was printed perpendicular to the rest of the page.

ember

Back to top Go down

Post by ember on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:45 pm

@Jae1411 wrote:Hepburn Murphy been stretchered off for u23s tonight.

The cynic in me says we will know if it is serious when his advisors suddenly can't help but tell anyone who will listen how it was always his intention to sign the contract on offer and it was merely 'dotting some "i"s and crossing some "t'"s' that was causing the hold up.

ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:56 pm

Can I ask why we don't have seperate threads for players? Existing and also ones with strong speculation around them, like Landsbury? Only ever a few threads active and you have to trawl through them to find out any news...

Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:16 pm

@ember wrote:

The cynic in me says we will know if it is serious when his advisors suddenly can't help but tell anyone who will listen how it was always his intention to sign the contract on offer and it was merely 'dotting some "i"s and crossing some "t'"s' that was causing the hold up.

Exactly what I was thinking!

achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by ember on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:25 pm

The only Twitterer to whom I ascribe ITK credibility has indicated nothing doing before the weekend as far as incoming goes. Midweek of next week before anything possibly happening.

ember

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:30 pm

@ember wrote:The only Twitterer to whom I ascribe ITK credibility has indicated nothing doing before the weekend as far as incoming goes. Midweek of next week before anything possibly happening.

If true that is not what we want to hear as I can't see us scoring on Saturday let alone winning without new players!

achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:11 pm

@Wriggle wrote:Can I ask why we don't have seperate threads for players? Existing and also ones with strong speculation around them, like Landsbury? Only ever a few threads active and you have to trawl through them to find out any news...

It's a good point mate and we do have some but only if people create them. I think it's partly because once things get frantic such as in the windows  (please let that happen soon) the posts increase massively and I think everything starts to appear on the one thread anyway, usually the transfer thread.
That's not to say your observation isn't right, it is, and I genuinely don't think anyone would mind if you went ahead and built those threads, I just think the discipline of folks putting the right posts in the specific thread does drift at busy times. I think TBAR is a pretty relaxed forum whereas some forums would flame people for lack of topic discipline, here it's more likely that folks get a gentle reminder - but only if the right thread exists in the first place.
Looking forward to you now creating 20 new threads haha.

De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:29 pm

If you need a late night giggle to go to be on

Mick W. FL Agent ‏@ElitePlayerRep 2h2 hours ago

#AVFC looking at Free Agent Dimitar Berbatov on a short term deal

#villa

Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:56 am

Saw this on Facebook and found it rather amusing. And if I'm honest quite telling of how badly run we were under Lerner.

I've felt a bit off this Lansbury signing after it was said we offered £ 40 k pw. Just hope we have learned our lesson and don't continue with this shite.

Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:42 am

Fee of £1M being talked about for Hourihane to Wednesday. I do sometimes wonder if he's being slightly overrated at the moment, as in, I'm not sure what he'd done before this season and I don't think he's being called up for Ireland, but for that much surely he'd be worth a go, even if it was just to stop other clubs getting him.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:47 am

I wonder if he signed the hospital admittance form or if he's negotiating with his agent for the right doctor?

Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle on Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:20 am

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Fee of £1M being talked about for Hourihane to Wednesday. I do sometimes wonder if he's being slightly overrated at the moment, as in, I'm not sure what he'd done before this season and I don't think he's being called up for Ireland, but for that much surely he'd be worth a go, even if it was just to stop other clubs getting him.

His reviews and performances indicate a bit of a late bloomer, I think. He has done the business in the lower leagues and is continuing with progress as the leagues go higher, i.e. he did it last season and the season before and is having another good season this time. That doesn't mean he'll necessarily be premier quality, that might be the step too far, but he quite obviously has value in this league. And if available for £1m would be a clever signing

Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:48 am

Can today be the day when something happens please.....

De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer on Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:53 am

Arrgh another morning of regurgitated non-news

That means the same non creative, probable "Aston Villa 0" & likely loss against our former managers lot...Oh & of course...It's live on tv

The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:04 am

@The Utterer wrote:Arrgh another morning of regurgitated non-news

That means the same non creative, probable "Aston Villa 0" & likely loss against our former managers lot...Oh & of course...It's live on tv

dont be too down beat mate.Wolves are now and will always be fuckall.

Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:05 am

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Fee of £1M being talked about for Hourihane to Wednesday. I do sometimes wonder if he's being slightly overrated at the moment, as in, I'm not sure what he'd done before this season and I don't think he's being called up for Ireland, but for that much surely he'd be worth a go, even if it was just to stop other clubs getting him.

To me that would definitely be a no brainer, how can you possible lose paying that sort of money, when we have just given Gardner a bloody new contract?
If he actually goes to SW for that sort of money I will despair of Villa doing anything at all except f**king it up yet again!

achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:26 am

Tony mentioned seven or eight ongoing player discussions so it's not incredible to think Horihane is ie if them

Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:32 am

Gollini out on an 18 month loan to atlanta.

Bruce comments suggest he just doesn't rate him.

smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:42 am

Bruce has been quoted that he's going to look to strengthen our defence, midfield and forward line. I thought we might not bother with the attack, but seems they want someone to take the burden of Kodjia.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:59 am

@smetro wrote:Gollini out on an 18 month loan to atlanta.

If the Sam Johnstone deal includes on option to buy, then this might be ok. But if Johnstone ultimately goes back to ManUre and Gollini stays in Italy then it's a total fuck up. The Gollini lad will be a star. He just needs time.

Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjoe on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:59 pm

@Trotters wrote:

If the Sam Johnstone deal includes on option to buy, then this might be ok. But if Johnstone ultimately goes back to ManUre and Gollini stays in Italy then it's a total fuck up. The Gollini lad will be a star. He just needs time.

No option to buy on the Gollini deal.... And also remember players like Courtois at Chelsea was on loan for 2 years before looking good in England

avfcjoe

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:02 pm

@achilles wrote:
@ember wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking!

very true

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:25 pm

@Trotters wrote:

You may be right.
But what have you actually seen that makes you say that ? - forget the big fee, and the hype that juventus and other clubs were after him - in an Aston Villa shirt Ive not seen anything to suggest future greatness.
Yes I know he is young, and is a work in progress - But Im not seeing anything that we couldn't get if we brought in a.n. other young keeper - in short he looks a run of mill 21 year old keeper. If he goes on to play for Juventus and captain italy I will hold my hand up - but I m seeing nothing to suggest that.

Bottom line is we don't need a keeper learning his trade when we are pushing for promotion. We have the u23's where we develop players - not the first team

smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:31 pm

@smetro wrote:
@Trotters wrote:

You may be right.
But what have you actually seen that makes you say that ? - forget the big fee, and the hype that juventus and other clubs were after him - in an Aston Villa shirt Ive not seen anything to suggest future greatness.
Yes I know he is young, and is a work in progress - But Im not seeing anything that we couldn't get if we brought in a.n. other young keeper - in short he looks a run of mill 21 year old keeper. If he goes on to play for Juventus and captain italy I will hold my hand up - but I m seeing nothing to suggest that.

Bottom line is we don't need a keeper learning his trade when we are pushing for promotion. We have the u23's where we develop players - not the first team

exactly, I didn't really think of it when he came in but your spot on we don't need an upcoming keeper whilst trying to get promoted. its should be players to get us up and think of upcoming players when were back!

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:54 pm

I keep seeing people asking the question why are we replacing one young keeper with another one. The reason being is probably because Johnstone is better, or at least rated higher. After all he's the one who Manchester United decided to keep on,recently signing a contract, and Gollini the one who ended up at a championship club.

Also...

‏@greggevans40
#avfc preparing £1m Hourihane bid, waiting for Forest to reply on Lansbury + still tracking Brady. Bruce disappointed not to get Schlupp.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum