The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Reading Away Match Thread.

+28
Villa_Dan
avfc85
danclare82
Villa Ranger
Saunders82
Fpuppys
Wookster
CoE82
Gordonsleftboot
ember
jeffvilla
DaveAV1
Dazzle
achilles
De Kuip
The Utterer
Thinman
Trotters
andrew24561
NARLA24
4BetLite
VTID85
VillaBill
DelboyVilla
FoxyAV
deadbuzzardalive
AstonThriller
smetro
32 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Reading Away Match Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading Away Match Thread.

Post by FoxyAV Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:24 pm

smetro wrote:
Trotters wrote:I'm going to predict something outrageous: a draw.

Yeah ..its got 4-4 written all over it !

With a hat-trick from Westwood Laughing

I was at Reading the day they lost 5-7 to Arsenal in a cup match, after some generous refereeing to allow Arsenal to keep 11 players on the pitch and make it 4-4 after six of the four minutes of extra time. Miracles do happen*:

*law of probability.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Reading Away Match Thread. - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:08 pm

Well with Grealish out of the picture for the next three games, and Green playing for the u23s tonight I think the system Bruce will be playing tomorrow is quite easy to fathom

...................Gollini.................

..Bacuna...Chester..Baker..Amavi....

..............Tshibola..Jedinak......
....................Gardner.....................
...........Adomah.........Ayew.............
......................Kodjia.................

Unless he plans on playing Amavi or Ayew left-wing in 442?

.....................Gollini.............

....Bacuna..Chester..Baker..Cissokho...

..Adomah..Tshibola..Gardner..Amavi/Ayew

............Mccormack...Kodjia..........

Gonna be interesting to see how Bruce reacts to Grealish missing these next three games. It might just offer us the opportunity to be more solid in the middle of the park tbh. Also wonder if it's time to start Gestede if he goes 442 again? Might be worth a look because Mccormack simply hasn't cut it thus far.

AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Reading Away Match Thread. - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:06 am

Think it will be a draw again.

With the possibility of Grealish being out anyway I am quite happy to leave him out, I just want a solid looking team;

.....................Gollini................

....Hutton..Chester..Baker..Cissokho

....Bacuna..Tshibola..Jedinak..Amavi

............Mccormack/Ayew

...................Kodjia

To me that is a solid looking team that certainly could cause problems especially on the break!
achilles
achilles

Reading Away Match Thread. - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:19 pm

achilles wrote:Think it will be a draw again.

With the possibility of Grealish being out anyway I am quite happy to leave him out, I just want a solid looking team;

To me that is a solid looking team that certainly could cause problems especially on the break!

I'm sorry, but you can't say "solid looking team" and then follow that with Alan Hutton in it and playing Amavi in a position he doesn't and hasn't played! The starting 11 tonight, for me;

..............................Gollini............................
Bacuna........Chester.................Baker..........Amavi
.........Tshibola.........Jedinak..........Westwood.......
......Adomah.............Kodjia..............Ayew........

Dazzle
Dazzle

Reading Away Match Thread. - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:00 pm

I'll get flamed for this line up lol......

4-4-2:

..............Gollini
Bacuna Chester Baker Amavi
Adomah Tshibola Westwood Ayew
.........Kodjia
.................Gestede

I'm happy to play Ayew on the "wrong" side and let him cut inside. Would need Westwood to be prepared to cover the left as well - Ayew and Amavi might be ok going forwards but not good defensively - but then was Grealish/Cissokho?.

With Hepburn-Murphy and McCormack on for Gestede and Adomah if the winger to centre-forward option isn't working.

Let me stress - this line up is specifically for the Reading game, and taking into account missing players, I'd be looking at something completely different when all are fit, in better form, but I like to keep the ball away from our centre backs when possible, and this means building from wide/keeping wide/crossing into the box. Were still too weak in the centre to be fannying about trying to build from the middle - I'm looking to play the areas of the field that might hurt us least, until we can consolidate in January.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Reading Away Match Thread. - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:44 pm

It's an 8pm kick off, but I can't find any channel it's on. Anyone got any ideas?
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:52 pm

Just hire me and I'd get us three points instantly. 4-5-1 with anchor and two wingers.

Gollini
Bacuna Elphick Chester Amavi
Jedi
Tish Lyden
Adomah Ayew
Kodjia

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:09 pm

Ok this is the one, stand by your beds we are going to win tonight, I can feel it in my water, massive win it will all click and we will be on our way . .....................No nurse I will not take my medication, I have just had shock treatment, how the bloody hell do you get this coat off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reading Away Match Thread. - Page 2 1787200310 Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:33 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:It's an 8pm kick off, but I can't find any channel it's on. Anyone got any ideas?

It's beyond crap trying to get any kind of coverage or commentary - you can't even listen to local radio via the internet due to licencing agreements.

I found this from a BBC Radio Derby website - the bit that pisses me off is in bold below. So let me get this right - the clubs take the BBC local radio commentary, which is provided to them free of charge, and then put it out through their websites, and charge for it. So we are paying - via our licences, for the BBC to commentate, then give that commentary out to listeners outside of the area, via a pay-to-listen service owned by the club? In doing so, the BBC agree that this is the only way the commentary can be accessed outside of the local area? Wow, just wow. Soooo glad my licence fee is helping Villa's profits.......Not only this, but the BBC pay clubs for the privilege of commentating (via the licencing agreement with the EFL), and then give the commentary to them so they can charge subscribers. The clubs get paid twice for a service we've paid for via our licencing fees - sweet mother of McGrath , I'm definitely in the wrong industry.

Why can't I hear football commentary on this site?
One of the questions we get asked most often is "Can I hear BBC Radio Derby's commentary or highlights on this website?" Sorry, but the answer is 'no'. Charles Runcie, Head of Sport for BBC English Regions, explains.
"The reason we cannot put our excellent local radio football commentaries on BBC sites is that the copyright for them is owned by the sports rights holder, the Football League.
"They effectively 'license' us to do radio commentaries, for which we pay annual fees direct to the clubs.
"The clubs themselves own the rights to put their audio commentaries of their matches on the internet, not the BBC.
"They have all chosen to sign a deal with a company that run their websites.

"When the BBC and a football club agree a commentary deal, reflected in this is the provision for a club to request to use this commentary on their website.
"The BBC is under no obligation to provide this, but usually does so at no cost to us.
"Nor does the BBC make any money from this - it is part of a contract with a football club.

"The Football League's website partner has recently developed technology to allow for "pay per view" elements of club websites - this is increasingly the case with websites worldwide.
"In difficult financial times for football clubs they must find additional revenue streams to finance the day-to-day running of the club, so they have decided to put not only internet commentaries for all their action, but video highlights, a searchable video archive and other video and audio news, interviews and features in a PPV part of their site."
So, in a nutshell, we cannot put commentary, goals or highlights on the site for you to listen to.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:07 pm

I believe the game is  on BBC WM, also if you have AVTV there is a radio commentary on there, that is taken from the WM feed but doesn't have the "lets see what's happening at other ground commentary"

Hope this has helped. UTV Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Thanks DK. So basically it's not pay per view, but its pay pay to listen, or not as the case may be. It's hard not to get depressed about football sometimes. And all this to follow a bunch of millionaires, most of all who couldn't give a monkey's
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:10 pm

Ah cheers Jeff
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:13 pm

Ill post updates - if Im home from bloody work in time......its 50/50 at the moment....

please arise sir email server.....
smetro
smetro

Reading Away Match Thread. - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:13 pm

Dazzle wrote:
achilles wrote:Think it will be a draw again.

I'm sorry, but you can't say "solid looking team" and then follow that with Alan Hutton in it and playing Amavi in a position he doesn't and hasn't played! The starting 11 tonight, for me;

..............................Gollini............................
Bacuna........Chester.................Baker..........Amavi
.........Tshibola.........Jedinak..........Westwood.......
......Adomah.............Kodjia..............Ayew........

Whether you want to believe it or not Alan Hutton saved a certain goal on Saturday, absolute fact!
You could argue that he missed the initial cross that came in but he didn't give up and covered Gollini!
Defensively he is solid, much better than Richards for instance who should have conceded a blatant penalty on Saturday.
It will be interesting if Bruce is of the same opinion with tonight's selection for right back.

Amavi will never make a left back as defensively he is all over the place (i.e. the cross that led to Newcastle's goal).
For what it is worth RDM never rated him as a left back either because of that very fact and that is why he always played Cissokho there!
Playing Amavi in left midfield allows him to focus on what he is good at and that is the offensive side of his game but also allows him to cover defensively but not so rigorously.
Any opposition manager will target Amavi at left back, as Newcastle did, as he is definitely a weak link playing there.

Anyway it will be very interesting to see Bruce's lineup tonight.
achilles
achilles

Reading Away Match Thread. - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:20 pm

I suspect Bruce will pick the players who can play to instruction. Hutton? Richards? He'll go for the one that learns fastest.

Same for the 32 strikers we have.

I'm really REALLY hoping to see Lyden. He didn't disappoint last season so I'm baffled as to why he's not been seen yet. Fingers crossed for tonight.

I also want to see Green back and now that Grealish has (once again) shat his bed, it might be an opportunity to give him a go. He gets stuck in and doesn't often give the ball away. Tidy!
Trotters
Trotters

Reading Away Match Thread. - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:47 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:It's an 8pm kick off, but I can't find any channel it's on. Anyone got any ideas?

Shit, these games come around fast, I'd forgotten we are playing tonight until I saw this thread. When I saw the 8pm I did wonder myself if it is being televised but there is a shit load of Champ League stuff on, which reduces the likelihood.

I am correct in my belief that no links are permitted on this site?
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:57 pm

I've never understood the rules for linking streams. At VillaTalk it's allowed in its own thread. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Fwiw I tend to use football streams at Reddit. Most are linked there

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:04 pm

RHM please. Sounds like flour, but is not half baked like some of our lot. I reckon this kid will go far, hopefully wearing the Claret & Blue. Get him in and let's worry a few teams.

Lyden - not so sure he did so well at the end of last season tbh. The again, who did? Also have a feeling that Bacuna in midfield would give us more 'legs', certainly balance out Jedi, if we really have to play him.
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

Reading Away Match Thread. - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:34 pm

Yep I agree glb - I think hepburn-murphy could be the biz. One thing that he's been at every level so far is prolific in front of goal.
JeffVilla cheers for the info but WM I think has the same restrictions for those of us in exile and I refuse to subscribe to AVTV to listen to commentary for the reasons I outlined above.
Nope, it looks like it's Radio Smetro for me tonight, via the TBAR 50,000 watt transmitter Reading Away Match Thread. - Page 2 1520050566
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:04 pm

RHM has energy and that's more than can be said for the rest of the team.

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:12 pm

as its the late kick off i'm hoping it will be on radio coverage on one of the betting sites, we have to get 3 points by hook or by crook, but after saturdays pathetic performance i'm not holding out any hope.

i'm still baffled how highly paid professionals can not be fit after 2 months of the season.
CoE82
CoE82

Reading Away Match Thread. - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Looks like its gonna be a bit more direct tonight

Reading Away Match Thread. - Page 2 Game_o10
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:23 pm

So what team could it be tonight then?

Two options i'd say...

...................Gollini.............

..Hutton...Chester..Baker...Cissokho..

..Bacuna..Gardner..Jedinak..Adomah..

..............Gestede...Kodjia.....

or 433

.................Gollini...............

..Hutton..Chester..Baker..Cissokho..

............Bacuna...Jedinak.......
...................Gardner..........
........Adomah............Kodjia..........
...................Gestede......................

I think it's gonna be the first option tbh as I think Bruce is investing in the 442 system right now.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Reading Away Match Thread. - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:24 pm

Well he's got Kodjia and gestede upfront as per my post above, but I'd like to have seen wing potential on both wings rather than just Adomah.
Gardner FFS. Please prove me wrong, I really want to be wrong.
So I'm being thick but who is left mid - Gardner?

And no RH-M on the bench, so why didn't he play last night? #puzzled
The only thing I will say is that the bench is decent, with the exception of Westwood.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:28 pm

AstonThriller wrote:So what team could it be tonight then?

Two options i'd say...

...................Gollini.............

..Hutton...Chester..Baker...Cissokho..

..Bacuna..Gardner..Jedinak..Adomah..

..............Gestede...Kodjia.....

or 433

.................Gollini...............

..Hutton..Chester..Baker..Cissokho..

............Bacuna...Jedinak.......
...................Gardner..........
........Adomah............Kodjia..........
...................Gestede......................

I think it's gonna be the first option tbh as I think Bruce is investing in the 442 system right now.

Isn't Adomah right footed? So if Bruce plays your 442 that means the only winger we have on the pitch is on the wrong wing? I'd settle for a second winger on the wrong wing - say Ayew on the left, but only if we already had one winger playing on their correct side, ie Adomah on the right.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next