The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

+45
LVBrit
holtehero
achilles
FoxyAV
smetro
deadbuzzardalive
DelboyVilla
The Utterer
AstonThriller
Dazzle
Thinman
Saunders82
Wookster
Villa Ranger
danclare82
Dions_Bald_Head
big ming
Gordonsleftboot
Wriggle
Cha Ching
Villa_Dan
1Elliot
Jae1411
mefromhere
gaffer85
Peter
jeffvilla
UnclePanda
Army villain
Con
Boldfinger
Trotters
De Kuip
VTID85
avfc forever
NARLA24
4BetLite
ember
gdav
Rawlie
DaveAV1
Fpuppys
Synopsis
andrew24561
Barabass
49 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:55 pm

It really wouldn't bother me all that much if he was replaced, I wouldn't do it myself just yet. But if we were to drop anymore than say 15 points from the play-offs, I'd look to bring in someone with a reputation of implementing passing football and give them time to bed in that way of playing in preparation for next season.

For too long we've been absolutely diabolical on the ball, seems every team we play puts us to shame, in that respect.

Some say it doesn't matter how you play as long as you win, which is true to an extent, but this club can't even get the basics right, we need someone to come in stamp and identity on the team. Round spoke of Villa having a way of playing, but we've seen nothing of that.
deadbuzzardalive

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 7 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:34 am

We were grinding out some results, albeit lucky/ugly. Given that Bruce hadn't had a chance to get his own people in, I was ok with lucky/ugly.

But he has got somone in....Calderwood. 

@VTID85 mentioned in the Wolves match thread that we've gone bacowards since he's joined and there's no arguement to be had there. Maybe it's him? Maybe it's the various other coaches; the Wolves goal that I saw on a 30 second highlight was a fuck up from just about every player and that's just fucking unbelievable!!! There is absolutely no awareness and no urgency. 

If I read next year that Randy Lerner has lost all his money, I'll be convinced he's been paying our players to be useless sugarbags. There's no other explanation as to why footballers at this level cannot even manage the basics like pass, move, and follow the opposition.
Trotters
Trotters

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 7 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:01 am

Bruce has to take some of the blame for these performances!

When he first came in we gained some resilience and that seems to have disappeared?
DelboyVilla

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 7 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:35 am

Trotters wrote:We were grinding out some results, albeit lucky/ugly. Given that Bruce hadn't had a chance to get his own people in, I was ok with lucky/ugly.

But he has got somone in....Calderwood. 

@VTID85 mentioned in the Wolves match thread that we've gone bacowards since he's joined and there's no arguement to be had there. Maybe it's him? Maybe it's the various other coaches; the Wolves goal that I saw on a 30 second highlight was a fuck up from just about every player and that's just fucking unbelievable!!! There is absolutely no awareness and no urgency. 

If I read next year that Randy Lerner has lost all his money, I'll be convinced he's been paying our players to be useless sugarbags. There's no other explanation as to why footballers at this level cannot even manage the basics like pass, move, and follow the opposition.

I seem to remember a lot of talk about CC getting us defensively in order but other than Chester (who I'd argue is probably the only consistent player currently) where the fuck is our ability to stave off an attack out of a counter or build-up? Hutton is a tryer but his effort is all mis-placed, Elphick is a disgrace and Amavi clearly has his head off elsewhere and gets skinned multiple times every game. Our midfield, often rightly criticised, offers no kind of reinforcement.
VTID85

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 7 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:36 pm

I've heard that calderwood was a compromise choice - the only one that round and Bruce could agree on
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:40 pm

smetro wrote:I've heard that calderwood was a compromise choice - the only one that round and Bruce could agree on

Well Phelan is on the market again now?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:51 pm

It's all doom and gloom and it all feels very sh/t right now but I just looked at our recent results and when we take out the Spurs defeat it's not that bad. In the last seven games we've won three, lost three and drawn one. IF he manages to win the next two games at home to Preston and Bristol City then we should be right in the mix again.

We've got to be fair here. This is not his team and he's just lost two of the best attackers we've got at the club. He's also hamstrung by having to play garbage like Hutton, Westwood, Bacuna and Gabby because the squad is just not balanced right. Let's give him the next two windows to wheel his magic and then take a look at his position after the first ten games next season if we're still in the championship. The key thing is he knows there's a whole load of crap in this squad and slowly but surely he's shipping them out...now he has to bring in those players who can save our season.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 7 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:42 pm

@AstonThriller I think the doom and gloom comes from the fact the performances even when we have won have not being convincing? Yes Bruce needs time but when you look at Lambert at Wolves he looks like miracle worker? We know he is not but they out played us with inferior players on paper last night and I can't understand why?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:14 pm

AstonThriller wrote:It's all doom and gloom and it all feels very sh/t right now but I just looked at our recent results and when we take out the Spurs defeat it's not that bad. In the last seven games we've won three, lost three and drawn one. IF he manages to win the next two games at home to Preston and Bristol City then we should be right in the mix again.

We've got to be fair here. This is not his team and he's just lost two of the best attackers we've got at the club. He's also hamstrung by having to play garbage like Hutton, Westwood, Bacuna and Gabby because the squad is just not balanced right. Let's give him the next two windows to wheel his magic and then take a look at his position after the first ten games next season if we're still in the championship. The key thing is he knows there's a whole load of crap in this squad and slowly but surely he's shipping them out...now he has to bring in those players who can save our season.

So he needs to get started NOW The Steve Bruce thread - Page 7 1327487109 The Steve Bruce thread - Page 7 1327487109 The Steve Bruce thread - Page 7 1327487109 The Steve Bruce thread - Page 7 1327487109 The Steve Bruce thread - Page 7 1327487109
Saunders82
Saunders82

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 7 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:06 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:@AstonThriller I think the doom and gloom comes from the fact the performances even when we have won have not being convincing? Yes Bruce needs time but when you look at Lambert at Wolves he looks like miracle worker? We know he is not but they out played us with inferior players on paper last night and I can't understand why?

For me teams have rumbled us now, they know our weaknesses and are finding it easy to snuff us out basically. Lambert would have seen and known exactly how to snuff out our weak supply lines and unsurprisingly did so pretty easily.

If i was him i'd say " allow them to pass the long balls up as they have nobody capable of holding it up and just focus on the high press and cutting off the short passes as they will make loads of mistakes.".... Enough said and game over every time.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:22 pm

For me a big part of the doom and gloom was summed up by Sam Johnstone; a great first game then he caught whatever condition it is that seems to affect everyone that comes to this club. Let's just call it "fuckery".
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:09 am

I really don't think Jonhstone made a mistake.

He had one save that he pushed into an akward area, but what could he do about that shot? You'd be pretty demanding of you expect him to grip the ball at that pace and spin.

His second weird intervention was basically because Elphick was his usual self.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:10 pm

Johnstone didn't do brilliantly but it wasn't totally his fault IMO others were as at fault as he was?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:52 pm

Fickle? A couple of weeks ago the bloke could do no wrong, well not much. Now after a couple of defeats things have changed. He still has only signed one player, we have so many senior staff that it probably takes days to get agreement to anything, we've been going down the pan for years and he has been here for what? 3 months?

For goodness sake get real. This will take time to turn around. Judge him when he can be judged - after he has brought more of the players in and he has had time to settle things down.

I'd love to see how good some of the biggest critics are at their own jobs. The moans that the window has been open for 2 weeks and we only have one new player in. Many clubs have no new players and few spent what we did in the Summer.

I doubt any sane person would choose Gabby unless he had too. The same goes for some of the others. To date he has had little choice. RHM hasn't helped either. I'd rather see us take another season to get up and stay up rather than yoyo. Like it or not some patience is required here.
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 7 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:44 pm

NARLA wrote: I'd love to see how good some of the biggest critics are at their own jobs. The moans that the window has been open for 2 weeks and we only have one new player in.

Well I've appointed three new members of staff in the last 2 weeks (although admittedly, whilst none of them are wingers, one is turning out to be a whinger......).

Can I be Villa Manager please? lol!
De Kuip
De Kuip

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 7 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:47 pm

The NHS has a transfer window! lol!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:59 pm

For those on twitter...

Check out SteveBruceatWeddings (@bruceatwedding): https://twitter.com/bruceatwedding?s=09
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:16 pm

After defeats Bruce keeps saying we've got to get back to basics, earn the right to win and not expect to just turn up because we're Aston Villa. But a bit of confidence wouldn't amiss actually, and it will take a lot more than just trying harder to improve us, we need an actual game plan.

I'm starting to lose faith in him fast. And I think he's messed up our striker situation big time. No point in sacking him now really, but I'm not expecting much of an improvement over all, so I think we'll be looking for yet another manager come the summer.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:13 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:After defeats Bruce keeps saying we've got to get back to basics, earn the right to win and not expect to just turn up because we're Aston Villa. But a bit of confidence wouldn't amiss actually, and it will take a lot more than just trying harder to improve us, we need an actual game plan.

I'm starting to lose faith in him fast. And I think he's messed up our striker situation big time. No point in sacking him now really, but I'm not expecting much of an improvement over all, so I think we'll be looking for yet another manager come the summer.

I tend to agree, he just can't keep on saying the same things and nothing different happens on the pitch!

I too have a feeling that not a lot will change and he will go in the summer!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:24 am

I hope I'm wrong and we go a good run, and take some momentum into next season. Just doesn't feel very likely. What I'm certain of, is that we can't not sack him, if this continues just because changing managers hasn't worked in the past. The reason it hasn't worked in the past is because the wrong manager's have been chosen.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:21 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:What I'm certain of, is that we can't not sack him, if this continues just because changing managers hasn't worked in the past.

Sure we can. If he's tactically inept (which he seems to be), if he cannot organise a defence - and surely this would be hís strong suit, and if he cannot motivate players (I'm looking at the conversation he had with Amavi after which Amavi went to total shit), if the team cannot even do the basics of football and if we stay hovering just above the relegation zone or worse with the most expensively assembled side ever in this league then yes we can and should sack him.

His first half dozen games in he showed signs of improvement but being humiliated 3-0 at Brentford - and it could have easily been a LOT worse - isn't what Aston Villa are about.

He can say sorry all he likes. Just fix it. Fast. Or do one.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:12 am

I think if he was RDM or Garde or Sherwood I'd be worried as fuck do to their lack of previous experience and results, but I can't believe SB would become a bad manager overnight and I don't believe SB is a bad manager. Let's see what we do for the rest of the season now he has a lot of his players at the club. If by then we're still shit I'll say it's the Villa curse and it's turned SB shit as well! I know last night and our general situation is cause for anger and frustration but fuck me there's some hysteria on this forum over the last 12 hours as well. Fucking embarrassing at times.
De Kuip
De Kuip

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 7 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:26 am

I'm still fucked off at the farce that occurred last night. But I won't turn on Bruce yet, even at Hull last season there were seriously rocky periods. Between Feb and April they went 12 games with only 3 wins, 5 draws, 4 losses.

We won't make the play offs this season but hopefully we will at least show a run of form now until the end of the season to lift the mood and make us an attractive prospect for summer targets.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:56 am

How active is he in the training ground? Is he fully hands on or is he like MON stuck in his office masturbating over football manager?

Maybe it's the coaches that need to take the flack here but there was nothing for 80 minutes that resembled a football team. That's on Bruce for throwing all the newbies on from the get-go.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:25 am

He's on a rolling contract so sacking him wouldn't be hard financially that's for sure. My thinking right now is to see how he gets on until the end of the season. If the finish is a total disaster and we're in the bottom half then I think Xia and co will have to have a serious think about what to do next. If we finish in decent form then lets give him the first ten games of next season and go from there.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 7 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next