The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The next Villa Manager

+48
WendyOz
worcesterkev
South London Villan
Dgrizzle7
achilles
Barabass
Boldfinger
villajk
thegaffer6
Gordonsleftboot
Peter
mefromhere
Con
big ming
Wookster
Army villain
CoE82
avfcjoe
DaveAV1
Fpuppys
jeffvilla
danclare82
gdav
Synopsis
shanghaivilla
VTID85
Saunders82
4BetLite
andrew24561
De Kuip
Villa Ranger
boltblaster
nickf21
Cha Ching
FoxyAV
Dions_Bald_Head
smetro
Dazzle
DelboyVilla
Terry Derry
The Utterer
deadbuzzardalive
Trotters
BillytheKid
Wriggle
AstonThriller
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
52 posters

Page 9 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 36  Next

Go down

The next Villa Manager - Page 9 Empty Re: The next Villa Manager

Post by AstonThriller Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:55 pm

So if we look at the managers with championship experience then we have

Carlos Carvalhal= Took Sheff Wed from a similar position to what we're in and got them to the play-off final. I think we could tempt him tbh and he was apparently considered for the Southampton job in the summer.

Dean Smith= Has had a great time at Brentford and done well at Wallsall previously. One thing that worries me about his record though is he tends to lose as much as he wins. A trait that was evident in Sherwood's reign which isn't good.

Lee Johnson= Done really well at Oldham and Barnsley and now at Bristol City. Is only 35 years old though so ones wonders if this job would be too soon for him?

Slavisa Jokanovic= Guided Watford to promotion previously and has done well Fulham recently.

Oscar Garcia= Currently in Austria but done really well previously at Brighton and also was with Watford for a short spell before having to step down due to illness. He's Ok now though and having come from the Barcelona structure he plays really good football.

We could add in Wagner, Hughten, Rowett etc but I doubt we'd get them for different reasons. Wagner and Hughten are flying right now and would probably be better served staying put whilst Rowett crossing the city would be risky for him and us because many fans might not accept him and he's got a comfortable job down there and might not need the pressure that this job comes with.

Out of this list Carvalhal, Garcia and Jokanovic would be good choices I think.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The next Villa Manager - Page 9 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:17 pm

Dean Smith or Rowett would do me nicely. But I'd take BSA any day as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:18 pm

Had to be the end of the road now that is a truly awful result!
DelboyVilla

The next Villa Manager - Page 9 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:46 pm

AstonThriller wrote:So if we look at the managers with championship experience then we have

Carlos Carvalhal= Took Sheff Wed from a similar position to what we're in and got them to the play-off final. I think we could tempt him tbh and he was apparently considered for the Southampton job in the summer.

he'll buy Barry Bannan back for us. I'm all in.

Westwood was never as good as Bannan. We never got relegated with Bannan in the team.
Con
Con

The next Villa Manager - Page 9 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:12 pm

Is he sacked yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:43 pm

According to the daily mail he is on the brink.....worringly a name in the frame ...Steve Mclaren !

well it fits Tonys high profile requirement. Steve Round wouldn't want a toogh guy manager, he would want more of a coach - again Mcclaren ticks the box....

of course it would be a double whammy - another shite manager, also xia can be excused RDM - but appointing RDM then Mclaren would bring his judgement into question.....and probably relegate us
smetro
smetro

The next Villa Manager - Page 9 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:51 pm

McLarenis another 4231 manager. It's Round's call.

While I think that recruitment philosophy is smart, Mclaren is the wrong choice 100%. I think he is probably the manager I want the least.

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:57 pm

Joppe84 wrote:McLarenis another 4231 manager. It's Round's call.

While I think that recruitment philosophy is smart, Mclaren is the wrong choice 100%. I think he is probably the manager I want the least.

i doubt its rounds call on his own. He will have some input. It seems strange to me that Wyness has said nowt -

i think wyness , round and maybe little will do the leg work. but the final choice will be from Xia.

Still think RDM will get a few more weeks - due to Dr Tonys absense
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:17 pm

105 points to play for. His players. Burnley were worse than us, still struggling at Christmas. Kept manager. Promotion.

We can't keep changing every 10 games or so. Look at last year! We need stability so let's have some.
mefromhere
mefromhere

The next Villa Manager - Page 9 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:32 pm

I don't disagree with your thoughts on this mefrom, but RDM just doesn't seem to have a clue. His team selections and tactics are baffling on top of which he has spend an absolute fortune on a completely unbalanced squad, which he doesn't seem to know what to do with. Additionally the verdict is out on a few of his signings too.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:33 pm

smetro wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:McLarenis another 4231 manager. It's Round's call.

i doubt its rounds call on his own. He will have some input. It seems strange to me that Wyness has said nowt -

i think wyness , round and maybe little will do the leg work. but the final choice will be from Xia.

It was in the media at Rounds appointment. The job description included developing AVFC brand of football, and this would be the bench mark set for future managers. Future managers would be appointed cause they could use the same playing squad, tactics etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:37 pm

I agree, but he is clearly trying to assess his best team still. It's not ideal at all but he's got a 12 game head start on anybody we would bring in to replace him.

mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:43 pm

Yeah but the trouble is Joppe, that we appointed the manager before the technical director who is supposed to appoint the manager. Only the Villa!

At least Round has a blank sheet to work from, because there is no brand or style to find a manager to fit in with. The problem is we need a manager who can get something out of a squad with a very limited spine, at least until January. Developing Brand AVFC may have to take a back seat while we haul our sorry asses out of yet another mess.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:54 am

I don't want any manager who is currently not working because they were shit the n their last job.

I want Xia to go and get a successful manager from somewhere and if he has to pay through the nose for compensation, so be it.
Trotters
Trotters

The next Villa Manager - Page 9 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:11 am

mefromhere wrote:105 points to play for. His players. Burnley were worse than us, still struggling at Christmas. Kept manager. Promotion.

We can't keep changing every 10 games or so. Look at last year! We need stability so let's have some.

They were ten points behind Boro after twenty games but at that point they were in the top six. So not that bad tbh.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:17 am

smetro wrote:

Xia's absence means absolutely nothing imo. This is what Wyness and Round are there for. Furthermore I think the press has thrown Mcclaren's name into the pot because Round worked with him when Mcclaren was managing England. The press think "oh I know, Steve is available, has championship experience so he must be on Rounds list". I doubt that will come to anything though even though Mcclaren had Derby flying a few seasons ago.

At the end of the day though my only objective is seeing the Villa get up this league and challenge for the play-offs at the very minimum. IF Mcclaren gets the gig then we'd just have to hope he can do what he done with Derby but this time get over the line.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:18 am

Right now I will take anyone. RDM is clueless. Tactically retarded.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:11 am

AstonThriller wrote:
mefromhere wrote:105 points to play for. His players. Burnley were worse than us, still struggling at Christmas. Kept manager. Promotion.

They were ten points behind Boro after twenty games but at that point they were in the top six. So not that bad tbh.

And if there were signs that the manager was trying to change the club ethos (like Holler was doing) and that that projects was slowly showing glimpses of results, then I'd be all for sticking with the manager.

But this bloke is utterly clueless. He leaves our best midfielder on the bench and says he needs a rest, then uses the worst midfield combination (both players squarely at fault for both goals), drops Avami, fails to "rest" Elphick - and I suspect that's purely down to Elphick being captain)....I could go on forever.

There is no footballing philosophy at play here (at least nothing beyond a simpleton's idea of throwing every attacking player on) and I'm sure that will now be causing Round some personal offence.

If RDM is in a job come Monday night, I'll be surprised.

Other managers:
Rowlett: if he wasn't on our radar due to him being a Villa fan, would he really be considered? I think he's done very well at Blues - a bit up and down but mostly up. Not bad considering what money and players he's had. But what's he like under the pressure of expectation? With rebuilding a club? With having money? And working with a Technical Director? Romantic idea but I don't think he's the right solution.

Dyche: I've seen his name mentioned a few times and, to me, it's utter madness. The bloke wanted to buy Westwood for 6m. FFS!

BFS: No, no, a thousand times no. Not only is his football dull and uninspiring, every transfer would be looked at with suspicion. @Alf T and his missus would have a field day tying him in with "Dodgy Tony".

McClaren: I'd rather stick with RDM. Fuck off!

Potato Head: We know he'll be in the running because he was interviewed. But I'd hate the idea. He'd only be in it for the money as he doesn't like us. Not one bit. And if he did get us promoted, what then? He's a shit Prem manager.

Dean Smith: Another Villa fan. But I don't know enough about him to form an opinion.

Eddie Howe: yes please.

But aside from Howe, I'd like to see us go for a European manager with a solid understanding of the game - and not necessarily from playing it. You only have to look at the so-called experts on Sky and MotD to realise that successful ex-footballers are generally thick as pigshit and make for awful managers.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:48 am

I honestly don't see any other manager making the same suicidal fuckups as RDM the guy has either had a mental breakdown or is just plain stupid! I can't believe Clarke and Bond are letting him do this?

As for a replacement for managers sit in categories:-

1. BFS and Potato Head, traditional English style managers with direct shitty football but they get results and I could see an immediate improvement in results. Against them is their boring and unattractive football and they are dodgy as hell.
2. McClown and Pearson, Had hit and miss successes/failures and live on their performance at one team. For, when they get it right they can be quite successful. Against will they get it right at Villa where the pressure is immense?
3. Dyche and Howe, have very good records with their current team Premier League teams having got them promoted with what many consider to be unfashionable sides and without a team of superstars. Against will be would they leave their comfort zones of their current teams to come to our shambles? Howe has been linked with Arsenal, all he needs to do is sit tight and a 'good' job will land in their laps.
4. Rowett and Smith, first and foremost they are both fans and secondly they have done well with zero resources and got their sides performing above their stations. Against is they are risks, they have never had the pressure or money and how they cope is a bit of an unknown.
5. Oscar Garcia or other Foreigner. Had little or no Championship experience and Garcia has had health issues in the past.

Not an exhaustive list but that's the way I see things with the International break coming up this gives the board (not just Tony) chance to make the break from RDM and bring some one in quickly to work with the players. It will be interesting to see what happens and with the Derbies coming up can we risk RDM and his madman tactics?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:53 am

DelboyVilla wrote:I honestly don't see any other manager making the same suicidal fuckups as RDM the guy has either had a mental breakdown or is just plain stupid! I can't believe Clarke and Bond are letting him do this?

I was just about to mention Clarke as an alternative and I have noticed that him and Bond are amazingly quiet on match day. It's almost like RDM has told them to do training and leave the games to him.

Could it be a case of the right hand being so aloof that it doesn't know what the left hand is doing?

If there is a case of Clarke not being happy then I'm sure Round will be aware of this and, for the sake of knowledge and continuity, we might well see Clarke ushered in.

But if he goes when (surely not IF) RDM goes then we'll know it's a team-effort clusterfuck.

So, would anyone like to see Clarke given a go (again, consider that he knows the squad and hopefully knows what needs to be done) over any of the above names?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:14 am

Trotters wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:I honestly don't see any other manager making the same suicidal fuckups as RDM the guy has either had a mental breakdown or is just plain stupid! I can't believe Clarke and Bond are letting him do this?

I was just about to mention Clarke as an alternative and I have noticed that him and Bond are amazingly quiet on match day. It's almost like RDM has told them to do training and leave the games to him.

Could it be a case of the right hand being so aloof that it doesn't know what the left hand is doing?

If there is a case of Clarke not being happy then I'm sure Round will be aware of this and, for the sake of knowledge and continuity, we might well see Clarke ushered in.

But if he goes when (surely not IF) RDM goes then we'll know it's a team-effort clusterfuck.

So, would anyone like to see Clarke given a go (again, consider that he knows the squad and hopefully knows what needs to be done) over any of the above names?

For me I want to know what role Clarke has played in this debacle? Do we really believe that Clarke is training the team one way at BMH and RDM is completely ignoring this come match day? If that is the case I have never heard anything so amazing at a club before? If this is happening then Clarke should have told Round and RDM should be gone already? As that hasn't happen yet I suspect they are aligned and therefore they should all go!

We need more answers! Narla please get on the blower!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:17 am

IF there is any substance to that McLaren rumour then fuck that i will back RDM instead, in no way shape or form is that fake dutch accent speaking walley brolley prat good enough to grace our club's manager seat, if i was a sniper i would eliminate Mclaren myself to ensure he would not be in contention!
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:27 am

BillytheKid wrote:IF there is any substance to that McLaren rumour then fuck that i will back RDM instead, in no way shape or form is that fake dutch accent speaking walley brolley prat good enough to grace our club's manager seat, if i was a sniper i would eliminate Mclaren myself to ensure he would not be in contention!

It's in the press so don't worry!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:46 pm

My suspicion is that RDM only engages on match days and so there may be a disconnect with what happens in training. But it is interesting that such an experienced group of coaches could lead to such fuck awful performances from a seemingly strong group of players on paper. Also performances appear to be going backwards. So personally I would sack RDM now and let Clarke take charge for now as I don't just want potato head for example as a knee jerk reaction
Peter

The next Villa Manager - Page 9 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:15 pm

Something has happened to rock the boat, after 6 or so games I was thinking we were playing better then for years and we were creating a ridiculous amount of chances.....

Although the wins weren't coming, you could see the progress and that sooner rather then later we would hammer someone and go on a run, RDM was doing something right?, whats happened? whats changed? Why did RDM and the team become useless over night?

The only known thing that has changed is Round coming in as TD, has he messed things up?

We have a group of players that are a class above yesterdays opposition and most of this league, they should be able to piss games with hardly any coaching or motivation, they are pro's, they should be on auto pilot against the likes of PNE.

Something was rotten in this club and its still there having an impact, somewhere behind the scene's there is something going on........ sabotage? throwing games? cheating? bullying? who knows but something is a miss.

Unless we get a top class manager who is willing to leave a better job and gamble on us, I say we should stay as we are and fix the problem. Lambert, Sherwood, Garde and RDM, there's nothing between them and they all struggle here, so whats going on?

RDM frustrated me with yesterdays lineup and his sub decisions to change the game were poorly judged.

He needs to simplify things, pick his best 11 and play them till they start winning. We have all the coaching experience we could wish for, but they need to get back to basics and get the spirit up.........

4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 36  Next