The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Ravel Morrison set for Villa?

+32
danclare82
LVBrit
De Kuip
TheVillansOfAston
lukevilla
deadbuzzardalive
Aston Phila
andrew24561
gdav
smetro
avfcjay
A.V.F.C
Synopsis
The Utterer
achilles
Dions_Bald_Head
Villa_Dan
Boldfinger
WendyOz
JoshKaiAV
DaveAV1
Trotters
VillaBill
Alf T
KMitch
BillytheKid
NARLA24
avfc forever
Dgrizzle7
Wriggle
4BetLite
AstonThriller
36 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ravel Morrison set for Villa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ravel Morrison set for Villa?

Post by AstonThriller Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:14 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:We do not know what it was? Except we do. Because he pleaded guilty to it. Christ alive, it's like arguing with a parrot.

Some lad got mugged. Morrison offered to buy him stuff to replace what was nicked if the kid dropped the issue, then threatened him to accept his "offer" then turned up mob handed in the middle of the night to the kids house. This was less than 5 years ago. He was given a suspended sentence (ie could've done time but was let off with a last chance warning) and a fine.

He hasn't had any problems for a while now? Except the whole homophobic rant, being charged and appearing in court....

But fine, you're willing to ignore anything as long as they play for the Villa. Might as well give Abu Hamza a contract if he can whip in a decent cross.

"Parrot"? Well I'd suggest this is like arguing with a petulant child who isn't getting his way. Ched fucking Evans is back in football right now!!..Marlon King, Lee Hughes etc all played on after prison sentences and you think Ravel is the devil? Ravel Morrison set for Villa? - Page 2 498107619

Furthermore a "rant" on twitter is no different to what Tyson Fury has just done...IT HAPPENS. Apologies were given and people move on. But apparently you live in a world where people should be castrated for minor offences!!..get off your high horse pal it's far too big for you.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Ravel Morrison set for Villa? - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:34 pm

"He's not a convicted criminal"
*Explains why he is a convicted criminal*
"We don't know what he did"
*Gives a detailed description of what he did*
"Other convicted criminals have been allowed to return to football"

Yes I know. And I argued that we should sign Morrison. Twice. In this topic.

But keep going. If you move the goal posts enough you'll eventually find a point that is irrefutable and win. Not sure what you'll win but you'll win something. I'm done with this.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Ravel Morrison set for Villa? - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:19 pm

You're contradicting yourself again...

"He's a scumbag"..."he's recently done bad stuff"..."he's a c#nt"..."you're willing to ignore everything he's done"..

And now you're saying you argued for him to SIGN for us? LOL yeah this debate is done!!!.. Laughing
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:27 pm

ITK's saying Ravel deal done...

IncogAVFC ‏@IncogAVFC

Kevin Bond instrumental in setting up and concluding of Ravel deal. #AVFC

And when I think about it Bond was at QPR when Ravel had that great spell for them. So maybe he's been in RDM's ear about bringing him in?
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshKaiAV Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:55 pm

Each have their own view - but Ravel could be our best signing in years and could be crucial in working towards promotion back to the Premier League.

Questionable attitude, yes, but under the right stable management team, which I believe ours has the potential to be, Ravel could shine.
He's a player for Grealish to link with. Someone with a footballing brain!

There's a reason why many Man United fans would welcome him and Pogba back with open arms.

SAF made a clear mistake with Pogba. Ravel outshone Pogba during their spells at Man U. The talent is there, just needs to be managed correctly. (y)
JoshKaiAV
JoshKaiAV

Ravel Morrison set for Villa? - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:28 pm

We have Stan in the dressing room along with the ex-Bournemouth lad who seem highly professional and the kind of personalities you want to ensure that the likes of Grealish stay focused and on track.

Then you throw Ravel Morrison into the mix.

Very odd. Maybe he's ditched his "crew" and has realised that he can be an amazing player without the baggage. But I have a doubt that a bloke with the kind of personality that brings about such a list of court appearances is suddenly going to wake up one morning and realise the ill of his ways.

Joey Barton was an A-Grade sugarbag and I have to admit to wanting him at Villa as he seemed to have changed his behaviour so I suppose I could give this Morrison lad the benefit of the doubt. But I've a feeling this will end badly.
Trotters
Trotters

Ravel Morrison set for Villa? - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:29 am

While he is a talent, we should be so so careful about who we bring in if they have a history of horrible behaviour. It would seem our Jack is susceptible to the slightest bad influence and can be easily led down that path again. If we bring Morrison to B6 he needs to be so closely watched he is never alone for a minute.
WendyOz
WendyOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:49 am

this just dont seem to want to go away, so perhaps there is something in it.
i just hope we get rid of the shitbags before we sign him, if not then i think we should leave well alone.
Boldfinger

Ravel Morrison set for Villa? - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:57 am

Haven't we got enough bad apples in the cart as it is?

I want to see a TEAM down Villa Park, showing a spirit and desire to play for the shirt and winning matches and hearing nothing whatsoever of their social antics!
I want to get the pride back into watching AVFC again!
achilles
achilles

Ravel Morrison set for Villa? - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:08 am

The difference now is that we have a more interested owner. I'm not worried about the bad apples - I think Dr X wold be prepared to protect his investment & pay them off or send to "Siberia".
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:25 am

I for one hope he signs, the guy has a history, so have I doesn't mean for a second past actions will dictate future decisions.

I recall a fan being fly kick in the stand, by the legend Eric.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:55 am

Dgrizzle7 wrote:I recall a fan being fly kick in the stand, by the legend Eric.

Which resulted in him missing half the season and United won nothing that year!

But sometimes the gamble is worth taking. Which is what I have always maintained about Morrison. He's a scumbag, a little runt, but is supremely talented and one day he will find a club/manager where he clicks and he will go on to be brilliant. If he doesn't find that club then his career will meander out to nothing in the next 3 years. We might as well take a punt on us being the team where he clicks, we won't be the first or the last one
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Ravel Morrison set for Villa? - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:19 pm

Personally, I think that now is the season to take a punt on players.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:25 pm

If the current squad wasn't already full of idiots then I could fully understand taking a risk on him, especially with his talent but I just worry that the bad influences currently at the club is not what he wants to re-ignite his career!

Now if we get rid of the current idiots, perhaps we could have the odd one!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:27 pm

I agree that many of us have a past and sometimes it's easy to end up entwined with the wrong crew through no particular choosing of your own.. it just happens due to where you were bought up! People you thought were friends and a good laugh turn out to be dodgy as ****!! Been there! .....Trouble is once you're mixed up in it it takes a very brave individual to move away and you have to be prepared that you will end up quite isolated and that your life will change completely.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:13 pm

I'd feel easier about this one if the other knobs at the club were gone, but as long as he actually puts his shift in on the pitch I won't be bothered too much what he does in his own time as long as it doesn't interfere.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:04 pm

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10068638/what-next-for-ravel-morrison-man-utd-product-facing-uncertain-future-at-lazio

As Ravel Morrison divides opinion at Lazio, we look at a talent unfulfilled

Last Updated: 19/11/15 11:19am

Former West Ham and Man Utd midfielder Ravel Morrison joined Lazio in the summer

West Ham's clash with Tottenham on Super Sunday evokes happy memories for Ravel Morrison. Here, we consider how the former Manchester United prodigy is faring at Lazio and wonder what's next for a player still waiting to unlock his huge potential…

Two years ago at White Hart Lane, Ravel Morrison's brilliant solo goal sealed a memorable 3-0 win for West Ham against their London rivals, with Sam Allardyce describing his 50-yard dribble and audacious dinked finish as "genius" in his post-match press conference.

"You will struggle to see a better goal this season," added the former Hammers manager, and he wasn't alone in praising the talented midfielder. Morrison appeared to be coming of age after a troubled start to his career at Manchester United. He was in the form of his life, and his thrilling performances for West Ham and England U21s had put him in contention for a place in Roy Hodgson's World Cup squad.

A few months later, Morrison had lost his place in West Ham's starting line-up and any hopes of making the plane to Brazil had evaporated amid reports of a falling out with Allardyce. Perhaps the expectations had been unrealistic, but Morrison's natural talent has been a source of excitement since his formative years at United, where his grace in possession and ability to glide past opponents set him apart from an early age.

After that tantalising glimpse of Morrison's quality at West Ham, another roadblock in his career felt reminiscent of his departure from Old Trafford in 2012. "He possessed as much natural talent as any youngster we ever signed," Sir Alex Ferguson wrote in his new book Leading. "It was very painful to sell him to West Ham in 2012 because he could have been a fantastic player. But, over a period of years, the problems off the pitch continued to escalate and we had little option but to cut the cord."

Much to the disappointment of many West Ham fans, there was no way back for Morrison under Allardyce, either. There were flickers of class when he scored six goals in 17 appearances on loan at QPR in 2014, but he lost his place in the side as they navigated the Championship play-offs. An unsuccessful stint at Cardiff was then cut short in January of this year, and his contract at West Ham was terminated shortly afterwards.

Morrison agreed a deal with Lazio and began the latest chapter of his career in Italy this season. It was a brave and unexpected move, and it appeared to get off to a good start when a string of eye-catching performances in pre-season immediately endeared him to Lazio supporters. In Rome, the 22-year-old has evoked memories of Paul Gascoigne, another maverick English talent who became a cult figure at the club in the early 90s.

But while Morrison was an instant hit with the fans, he has found it difficult to replicate his pre-season form consistently on the pitch. After four substitute appearances, he was handed his first start in a 2-0 win away to Rosenborg in the Europa League two weeks ago, but manager Stefano Pioli has raised questions of his attitude and in September he said "he still doesn't speak a word of Italian".

Sources in Italy say Morrison has already been guilty of missing training sessions, and he appears to be near the bottom of Pioli's midfield pecking order. But while his relationship with the manager is somewhat strained, sporting director Igli Tare is determined for him to succeed at the club.

"Ravel Morrison is one of those classic footballers who is a bit eccentric," Tare told Sky Sports in Italy last month. "Without doubt he's an outstanding player because he's got some great moves. People like him need time, but his time will come."

Morrison has struggled to integrate with his new team-mates and spends most of his time with his entourage. He sparked speculation over his future by tweeting "January…" last month, but there have been encouraging signs too. He is taking an intense Italian language course, he has struck up a friendship with young winger Keita Balde, and his first start against Rosenborg suggests he could get more opportunities.

Morrison is just 22, but the next few weeks could be key to his future. It's difficult to imagine him staying at Lazio in January unless he gets more playing time, but it appears he has work to do to earn Pioli's trust.

West Ham would dearly love that "genius" of two years ago in their side at White Hart Lane on Sunday, but Morrison can't afford to dwell on the past. Right now, he faces a fight to ensure his Italian adventure doesn't follow a familiar pattern.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:53 pm

Synopsis wrote:I'd feel easier about this one if the other knobs at the club were gone, but as long as he actually puts his shift in on the pitch I won't be bothered too much what he does in his own time as long as it doesn't interfere.

Never know who's gonna be here by the time the season starts. Most, if not all of them will have had their wages cut because of the relegation so I still expect some of them to depart simply because of that issue alone.

We saw what a great talent Ravel could be in that six month spell at QPR and I'd hope the likes of Bond, Clark and RDM could get that form out of him again.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:02 am

When I saw he was at Lazio (I had no idea where he was playing, tbh), I thought maybe escaping to Italy was his way of leaving his "crew" behind. After all, the only kind of person who follows a boy across Europe is a love-struck teenage girl.

But then that report says he spends most of his spare time with his "entourage". What kind of creepy, sad, work-shy dickheads does he hang about with? I cannot begin to imagine how much he'd be better of financially for not having this fake-family leaching off him. I'm assuming he has no financial advisor whatsoever.

It's clear from all reports that this lad is quite some player but it seems to me that he's done a masters degree at the Charles N'Zogbia University in "Do the minimum, earn the maximum, take everyone for a mug".
Trotters
Trotters

Ravel Morrison set for Villa? - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:28 pm

Trotters wrote:When I saw he was at Lazio (I had no idea where he was playing, tbh), I thought maybe escaping to Italy was his way of leaving his "crew" behind. After all, the only kind of person who follows a boy across Europe is a love-struck teenage girl.

But then that report says he spends most of his spare time with his "entourage". What kind of creepy, sad, work-shy dickheads does he hang about with? I cannot begin to imagine how much he'd be better of financially for not having this fake-family leaching off him. I'm assuming he has no financial advisor whatsoever.

It's clear from all reports that this lad is quite some player but it seems to me that he's done a masters degree at the Charles N'Zogbia University in "Do the minimum, earn the maximum, take everyone for a mug".

LOL hahaha
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:30 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
Dgrizzle7 wrote:I recall a fan being fly kick in the stand, by the legend Eric.

Which resulted in him missing half the season and United won nothing that year!

But sometimes the gamble is worth taking. Which is what I have always maintained about Morrison. He's a scumbag, a little runt, but is supremely talented and one day he will find a club/manager where he clicks and he will go on to be brilliant. If he doesn't find that club then his career will meander out to nothing in the next 3 years. We might as well take a punt on us being the team where he clicks, we won't be the first or the last one

Ravel Morrison set for Villa? - Page 2 3769219917
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:10 pm

Another link to Ravel in Italian media today

That being said, a transfer to Aston Villa could be on the horizon with the Championship side desperate to add a potential star to their ranks. Morrison would certainly fit that description, but whether he can rescue his career in Birmingham remains to be seen. His alleged legal disputes and issues relating to his personal life have followed him his whole career.
Link

Well the link won't go away. Gonna be interesting to see what transpires over these next few weeks.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:25 pm

In my opinion a risk not worth taking, lets have some hard working and talented individuals who want to play as a team and conduct themselves as professional sportsmen!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:50 pm

Looks nailed on. Not sure I think it's a smart idea. In fact I'd argue he's exactly what we don't need. Hopefully it means a few dickheads are off

Back to top Go down

Post by A.V.F.C Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:15 pm

Does it look nailed on really?

I've not seen anything credible in this link for the whole time it's existed, just some odds changing yesterday.

I'm pro the move, as it happens, I don't envision him changing as a person or player and think it would be a short union but he was lethal at QPR and could be the difference in a promotion race.
A.V.F.C

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next