The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+44
Barabass
TheVillansOfAston
rosco77
Claret007
UnclePanda
achilles
1Elliot
Chrissylee1111
Gordonsleftboot
Villa_Dan
Con
Wookster
Aston Phila
Peter
Trotters
BillytheKid
De Kuip
Cha Ching
4BetLite
Wriggle
Alf T
VTID85
danclare82
KMitch
Dgrizzle7
Synopsis
Justice league
Heisenberg
Lammypaul
Dions_Bald_Head
Fpuppys
smetro
The Utterer
AstonThriller
Leafs1201
deadbuzzardalive
NARLA24
Trysullvilla
Boldfinger
andrew24561
jvilla
tonyp
DaveAV1
Mr_Spadge
48 posters

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Heisenberg Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:56 pm

ThePurist wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
ThePurist wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:I think we have to be pragmatic about who we can target for signings considering our position - Man City finished mid table and still had to spunk £16m on the likes of Kolo Toure...

I agree...but Pantillamon?..... FFS!!!

I agree he isn't a marque signing but he's not done BADLY whenever used in the premier league, cups, or European games. Won a couple of man of the match awards. At a lower standard of football he is a big, physical guy who comes off his line bravely. Could look vastly better at this level and, if he takes the wages on offer, might not cost a fortune.

Worst case scenario he would be real competition to Guzan

I'm only judging him in the games I have seen him play, and I just thought he was bloody awful. Happy to be proved wrong.

It seems you can't even voice an opinion about a player on here now without upsetting someone.

Pantillamon played for Man City when Battara were there. I would guess that Battara will have something to say about who we should get in. If he thinks Pantillamon is good enough then why not..
Heisenberg
Heisenberg

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Heisenberg Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:22 pm

smetro wrote:Where does this comparision with Man City come from ? - Even Xia himself has said we won't be spending on that scale (true to his word so far !!!) I can't believe people think such a takeover would slip under the radar....

That said Xia has loads of enthusiasm and appears to have a good man in Keith Wyness - and to be honest our first hurdle is to start winning at home on a regular basis - which should be do able.

But if youre thinking we are the next Man City you're going to be dissapointed.....

Xia said that he wants Villa to win UCL "again and again" and he wants Villa to be in top 6 in 5 years... Now, to do that he will need to spend silly money, some would say spending like Man City. One thing he will not do is to "burn money". For me that sounds like there will be no 30 years old players for 35 mill £ on 5 year contract. I think we will pay 30-40 mill for 24-25 years old players, because if you want to be on top you have to pay top dollars for top talent. There is no way around that. That is why there are rumors about getting best talent spotters in the game.

Right now we are in the Championship. We need players who knows what this league in order to get back to PL. There is no point paying 40 mill for 20 year old Argentinian, we would do the same mistake we did last season with all the french players.

I think we will become bigger then Man City. You can quote me if you want on this. Thing is we are not in position to do mega spending right now because of the league we are in. If De Matteo wants Brady and Pantilliomon then I am fine with that. His job is to take us to PL in 1. season.

Tony has spoken and at the moment, I don`t have a reason not to belive him. I guess we will see soon.
Heisenberg
Heisenberg

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:35 pm

I haven't been this happy to be a Villa fan for a long time and we're in the championship, go figure.
4BetLite
4BetLite

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:23 pm

The truth is no-one knows what we will become under this regime. Yes Xia said he wouldn't spend "recklessly" like City but then again he's said he wants us to "win the champions league more than once", "become as big as Madrid and Barca", "be the biggest club in China" and known as "one of the top three club's in the world". So er, does anyone seriously believe he thinks that can be achieved by spending peanuts? Like I said previously we simply do not know how much financial power the man has behind him but if you actually take the time to do the maths it seems like the backing he has it's quite significant.

1. The manager and staff he's attracted thus far are top level coaches who have all worked in the champions league. And they have come to a championship side.

2. He's spoken of building a museum and theme park next to Villa Park

3. He's currently in negotiations to buy feeder clubs for us so we can send our youth on loan and buy none- EU players and get them European experience before signing with us.

4. He's spoken of giving RDM between 35-50m this summer IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP

5. And all these plans are backed up by Keith Wyness who has been one of the best CEO's in the Premiership era and another top appointment who has been attracted by Xia.

Now take a second and ask yourself this. What other takeovers over the years have presented such grand plans on this level? Only Manchester City comes to mind and to a lesser extent Chelsea, although they haven't bought any feeder clubs. So if these plans do come to fruition why shouldn't we believe that we've hit the big-time? Steve Hollis said openly that the Chinese Government would be involved and as far as I'm concerned IF these plans do get off the ground it makes those claims even more believable.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:32 pm

I share the same excitement as above for the same reasons mentioned aswell as how many owners have £600 million sitting in a bank in England??? £600 million is over half of what Lerner is worth and a quarter of what Liverpool's Henry is worth now put that into context that's one heck of a lot of money to have sitting rebuild Villa with bearing in mind also in 10 year Abramavich has spent a Billion on Chelsea so £600 million is over half of that amount more than enough to take us up to the top 6 in the Premiership and above :)
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:07 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing who these other clubs are he's in talks to buy, Wyness said we won't hear anything on that front this week. I had no idea the time frame for those plans was a matter of weeks rather months or even years. Think Xia was in LA recently so maybe it will be a small American team.

Also interesting quote from Wyness that 'We’ve got an opportunity to be the best in the business'.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:24 am

I agree, this all sounds very exciting. But can we get the first club sorted first please before we rush out and buy another loda of issues to sort? Obviously I have no idea what resources are available and I guess we now see why Samualson and Bamfill are on board, but I fear that we need attention to turn the 'first' Villa around before diluting resources, including senior management time and cash, further.
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:27 am

Not sure if they'll take up too much of Xia's resources. I'm expecting the additional clubs he buys will probably be pretty small clubs and not quite on the scale of Aston Villa (or anywhere near), and so won't need quite as much money pumping into them, and of course they will have their own staff.

But yeah, from an AVFC point of view, the most important thing now is to sort the squad out, which is starting with the Elphick signing.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:25 am

Heisenberg wrote:
smetro wrote:Where does this comparision with Man City come from ? - Even Xia himself has said we won't be spending on that scale (true to his word so far !!!) I can't believe people think such a takeover would slip under the radar....

That said Xia has loads of enthusiasm and appears to have a good man in Keith Wyness - and to be honest our first hurdle is to start winning at home on a regular basis - which should be do able.

But if youre thinking we are the next Man City you're going to be dissapointed.....

Xia said that he wants Villa to win UCL "again and again" and he wants Villa to be in top 6 in 5 years... Now, to do that he will need to spend silly money, some would say spending like Man City. One thing he will not do is to "burn money". For me that sounds like there will be no 30 years old players for 35 mill £ on  5 year contract. I think we will pay 30-40 mill for 24-25 years old players, because if you want to be on top you have to pay top dollars for top talent. There is no way around that.  That is why there are rumors about getting best talent spotters in the game.

Right now we are in the Championship. We need players who knows what this league in order to get back to PL. There is no point paying 40 mill for 20 year old Argentinian, we would do the same mistake we did last season with all the french players.

I think we will become bigger then Man City. You can quote me if you want on this. Thing is we are not in position to do mega spending right now because of the league we are in. If De Matteo wants Brady and Pantilliomon then I am fine with that. His job is to take us to PL in 1. season.

Tony has spoken and at the moment, I don`t have a reason not to belive him. I guess we will see soon.

Heisenberg, best post ive read in ages AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 3769219917

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:26 am

Heisenberg wrote:

Xia said that he wants Villa to win UCL "again and again" and he wants Villa to be in top 6 in 5 years... Now, to do that he will need to spend silly money, some would say spending like Man City. One thing he will not do is to "burn money". For me that sounds like there will be no 30 years old players for 35 mill £ on  5 year contract. I think we will pay 30-40 mill for 24-25 years old players, because if you want to be on top you have to pay top dollars for top talent. There is no way around that.  That is why there are rumors about getting best talent spotters in the game.

Heisenberg, best post ive read in ages AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 3769219917

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:30 am

so you think Tony is gonna say" I have money to burn, whatever you want to charge me for that player I will pay, my cash is unlimited" pmsl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:40 am

BillytheKid wrote:I share the same excitement as above for the same reasons mentioned aswell as how many owners have £600 million sitting in a bank in England??? £600 million is over half of what Lerner is worth and a quarter of what Liverpool's Henry is worth now put that into context that's one heck of a lot of money to have sitting rebuild Villa with bearing in mind also in 10 year Abramavich has spent a Billion on Chelsea so £600 million is over half of that amount more than enough to take us up to the top 6 in the Premiership and above :)

I'm so glad theres someone on here who shares my excitement and belief, respect to you sir, me and billy the kid are on the positive boat Beer Beer Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:03 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing who these other clubs are he's in talks to buy, Wyness said we won't hear anything on that front this week. I had no idea the time frame for those plans was a matter of weeks rather months or even years. Think Xia was in LA recently so maybe it will be a small American team.

Also interesting quote from Wyness that 'We’ve got an opportunity to be the best in the business'.

things are very interesting mate but obviously people think wyness is also full of shit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:17 pm

more and more I read about RDM's first signing I like him more and more. seems like a born leader whom will give everything for the shirt. welcome Tommy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:47 pm

Down in our Poole office today, lots of Bournemouth fans here. Every one of them gutted Elphick has gone, and every one saying we have signed a quality leader!

Welcome Tommy....let's hope you can emulate Shaun Teale and become an ex-Bournemouth Villa legend!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:56 pm

ThePurist wrote:Down in our Poole office today, lots of Bournemouth fans here. Every one of them gutted Elphick has gone, and every one saying we have signed a quality leader!

Welcome Tommy....let's hope you can emulate Shaun Teale and become an ex-Bournemouth Villa legend!!
AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 3769219917 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 3769219917

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:49 pm

alf you've disappointed me, just came out of a meeting and I expected to read a good damming report of why our first signing is shite??

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:13 pm

jimbop wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Thanks Jimbop Wink

Thing is, we just don`t know how much money Tony has, and that makes people speculate about him. IF he is serious about his plans then we ARE going to spend like Man City one way or another. Just to become a top 6 team from our position he would need to spend over 100 mill at least. (and now I am conservative about those 100 mill) To become top 4 and UCL winners he would need all of those 600 mill reported in the media, and then some.

That is why I think that Chinese government will be involved. He talks about "talking" to the broadcasters in China about showing more Villa games on TV. Now I would guess that you have to be really powerful person to do that in a capitalist system but in a communist one there is no way you can demand from the state owned broadcasters anything at all. Not as a private person at least. For f... sake, he is talking about buying PL broadcasting rights for China on his own!? We are talking about serious money here.

I still think he is just a front man for the Chinese government, and Hollis told that to The Sun:"Chairman Steve Hollis admits there will be state backing as new owner Dr Tony Xia targets turning Villa into one of the world’s top three clubs"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/football/1206887/have-aston-villa-been-bought-by-the-chinese-government/

If not then he is seriously rich man and I mean SERIOUSLY rich, not in a Abramovich rich way but in Man City way who are run by the Qatar.

Alternatively he is just a con man Suspect
Heisenberg
Heisenberg

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:57 am

I don't think he's a con man if we don't spend like City. He's not actually said that he's going to spend like them, infact he's said the opposite. I can't remember the exact quote but he called their way broken (not sure I agree with that) and likened it to burning money. Of course that doesn't mean to say he isn't going to spend big over time.

I do think this an exciting time for the club though and we will spend enough to compete and meet each challenge as it comes, just need the right people to spend the money wisely and making the right decisions.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:10 pm

We are excited now, just imagine how we will feel if we get promoted on the first time of asking?
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:20 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:We are excited now, just imagine how we will feel if we get promoted on the first time of asking?

Or if we beat Sheff Wed away....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:05 pm

smetro wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:We are excited now, just imagine how we will feel if we get promoted on the first time of asking?

Or if we beat Sheff Wed away....

Bristol Rovers away will do 1st :-) tiny steps & all that lol
1Elliot
1Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:58 pm

Any serious links to Ravel Morrison?
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:01 am

Dgrizzle7 wrote:Any serious links to Ravel Morrison?

htic site saying were favourites to sign him

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf T Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:40 am

jimbop wrote:alf you've disappointed me, just came out of a meeting and I expected to read a good damming report of why our first signing is shite??

I think I'm the only "Alf" here, so I presume that snide is directed at me.... jb ?

Very Happy

Strange as it may seem to you, I think Elphick is a BRILLIANT first signing.
I saw Bournemouth about 3/4 times last season,in all, and each time it was him that I remembered.
Truth be told, I can't remember any other Bournemouth player 24 hours later.
The guy is a hands-on-leader, a Manager's spokesman on the pitch.I figure.
SAF and Clough had Keane, Revie had Bremner, Chelsea had Terry - with certain Managers. Laughing
He has to be made Captain after pre-season, once others players attune.

A terrific first signing - which begs the question - HOW much is it RDM's fore-knowledge of his appointment?
Because if it is...Double-Brill.... A bull's-eye first off.

I've answered your post on this thread jb...which is the 'take-over' thread.
Not the new player's thread. But there you go.

Very Happy
Alf T
Alf T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next