The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Manager: Roberto's own thread

+44
big ming
Dions_Bald_Head
Thinman
mefromhere
Saunders82
CoE82
Dazzle
Synopsis
UnclePanda
Aston Phila
Con
TheVillansOfAston
Terry Derry
danclare82
AstonThriller
Army villain
Villa_Dan
DelboyVilla
VTID85
FoxyAV
andrew24561
BillytheKid
VillaBill
deadbuzzardalive
KMitch
avfc85
Fpuppys
avfc forever
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
Villa Ranger
Boldfinger
Cha Ching
Wriggle
1Elliot
The Utterer
DaveAV1
jeffvilla
4BetLite
Trotters
Mr_Spadge
Lammypaul
De Kuip
smetro
48 posters

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Should he stay or should he go?

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap83%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 83% 
[ 20 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap8%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap8%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 24

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Manager: Roberto's own thread

Post by smetro Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:40 pm

TheVillansOfAston wrote:Correct me if i'm wrong, but do we want a Manager that is capable of bringing a club up from the Championship? Right thats a resounding yes then. RDM has done this.........FACT. Moyes has not done this.........FACT. I know who i would rather have, and i'm chuffed as that we do.

Yeah the way he rebuilt that Albion squad was pure genuis.
smetro
smetro

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by TheVillansOfAston Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:46 pm

Has Moyes brought a club up from the Championship? No he failed. Has RDM brought a club up from the Championship? Yes he succeeded. So in the respects of bringing a club up from the Championship our Manager has succeeded, which is relevant.
TheVillansOfAston
TheVillansOfAston

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:26 pm

smetro wrote:

Major signings -

Youssuf Mulumbu (CM)
Gonzalo Jara (FB)

Paul Scharner (CB)
Marc-Antoine Fortune (ST)
Peter Odemwingie (WG)
Nicky Shorey (LB)
Boaz Myhill (GK)
Gabriel Tamaş (CB)
Steven Reid (CM)

Best signings were Mulumbu and Odemwingie. He made Chris Brunt captain for the Premier League season. Scott Carson (GK) was his captain in the Championship. He made Jonas Olsson vice-captain for both those seasons. I don't think they had a vice-captain the previous season.
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by Aston Phila Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:55 pm

The way he won the Champions League with that poor Chelsea team was pure genius too
Aston Phila
Aston Phila

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:02 pm

Con wrote:
smetro wrote:

Major signings -

Youssuf Mulumbu (CM)
Gonzalo Jara (FB)

Paul Scharner (CB)
Marc-Antoine Fortune (ST)
Peter Odemwingie (WG)
Nicky Shorey (LB)
Boaz Myhill (GK)
Gabriel Tamaş (CB)
Steven Reid (CM)

Best signings were Mulumbu and Odemwingie. He made Chris Brunt captain for the Premier League season. Scott Carson (GK) was his captain in the Championship. He made Jonas Olsson vice-captain for both those seasons. I don't think they had a vice-captain the previous season.

think you forgot a couple...........

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rated-aston-villa-boss-roberto-11449589
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:02 pm

I really don't care who he signs, sells or releases as long as we get promoted. I do however find it unlikely that we can progress without getting rid of the rotten core in this club.

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:39 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I really don't care who he signs, sells or releases as long as we get promoted. I do however find it unlikely that we can progress without getting rid of the rotten core in this clu

Me to.
Given how bad we were last season - I don't think much assessment of the current squad is needed. I cant think of many areas where we don't need improvement. Given that ayew, gana are pretty likley to move on - he pretty much needs players in all areas. Waiting until after training camp which I think ends July 3/4 only leaves around 4 weeks until kick off.

Perhaps there will be more familiar faces than we think on Aug 6...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Lammypaul Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:26 pm

Just seen this in the news, think we could do this to some squad? Not Gabby of course the little s**t will keep coming back for more.
“The video appears to show a trainer spanking eight employees of a rural bank in northern China as he questions them about their low ranking. Two bank executives have been suspended, outlets reported”.
Lammypaul
Lammypaul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:42 pm

He really needs to do better. The results alone are not impressive, but the fact that he actively uses Kojak instead of pushing Ayew or Murphy up top makes me wanna slit my wrists.

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:45 pm

RDM has a lot of work to do.
One win in 5 is shite.
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:34 pm

Has he done a post match interview?

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:30 pm

I don't like how he's picking Bacuna and Westwood so much. To me they personify why we're in the mess we've been in for so long. And over these next few days he's gonna have to decide whether keeping a rookie in goal and keeping Ayew around is a good idea. Because right now it's looking counter productive.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:21 am

I'm sure he's experienced enough to know that when it comes to poorly performing players, it's them or him.

Gollini needs a break and Ayew withdrawn as he's a selfish bastard who thinks he's one he'll of a lot better than he really is.

I've not seen enough of the game to be critical of the midfield but my biggest concern is that by all accounts we dominated for 45 mins yet clearly RDM was out-thought in the 2nd half.

And not for the first time.
Trotters
Trotters

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:38 am

too early to be pressing the panic button, it will take time but IMO were heading in the right direction, a few positive results can soon shoot you up this league table, keep the faith it will all come good.
andrew24561
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:04 pm

andrew24561 wrote:too early to be pressing the panic button, it will take time but IMO were heading in the right direction, a few positive results can soon shoot you up this league table, keep the faith it will all come good.

You're wrong we are Villa fans we must over react in a knee jerk manner, say we knew this would happen and we never wanted RDM in the first place?

Or we could be sensible and do as you say?

The most vocal will take the knee jerk route!
DelboyVilla

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:05 pm

We cannot persevere with a tried and tested method that fails though. It's harsh to drop a young 'keeper but he needs taken out of the firing line for a few games. It's his shirt to lose and, IMO, he's done enough to lose it.

It's professional football. Bad luck.

Ayew has an attitude problem (on top of his selfishness) so he can step off for a while too. There's not a lot of point in having hungry youngsters keen to impress if all they're doing is watching Mr. Misery-Arse sulk around the pitch. How demoralising for them.

I don't think it's knee-jerk to expect that, at a club like Aston Villa and with the ambitions of the owner and manager, if you don't give it the 110% Ron Saunders then you're out.

Tony Morley said in an interview (I think after his goal of the season against Everton) that he said "see you next week" to Ron Saunders. Ron replied "...if selected".

No more automatic selection. Perform or be dropped. Villa should stop being a fucking holiday resort for players.
Trotters
Trotters

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:49 pm

The truth is I don't like managers who can't make tough decisions and think logically. Ayew has played on the left wing at Wednesday, on the right wing against Rotherham, Derby, Huddersfield etc but he's not a f#cking winger. So the only conclusion is RDM is putting him in the side simply because he's a "name". If we're gonna play 442 then we need two actual wingers out wide and two strikers up top. Constantly playing people out of position has never been conducive when it pertains to the balance of a team.

I also think he needs to look at the 433 system in the coming games. Many of the goals we've let in have been down to the lack of protection our midfield four are giving to the defence and this has to be addressed asap.

He needs time to get this massive job right but I just hope he's able to see the big picture and isn't utterly naive like the last several managers we've had.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:58 pm

Some people need to chill.
It's a new owner, new manager and almost a completely new team.
We will improve and gel with games, we will get stronger as the season goes on.
Hell we are already way better than last year !
Boldfinger

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:59 pm

One win in eight games against the teams we've played is diabolical and it's even worse when you consider the leads we've thrown away. Di Matteo under pressure already, I really wouldn't be surprised to see him sacked if we don't beat Ipswitch.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:02 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:One win in eight games against the teams we've played is diabolical and it's even worse when you consider the leads we've thrown away. Di Matteo under pressure already, I really wouldn't be surprised to see him sacked if we don't beat Ipswitch.
100% sacked if we do not beat the Tractor drivers mate.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:04 pm

The decision will be in the hands of Xia, Wyness and Round. Xia seems an implusive character and I have no doubt he'll be seething inside right now. Wyness doesn't have a trigger happy record at Aberdeen or Everton though and Round seems like a level headed kind of man.

I think RDM gets the next two or three games to get it right. Lose on Saturday then he'll be on borrowed time for sure but I'm not sure they would push the button that quickly. I think they'd probably wait until October first because though we're not winning he's not losing that much either it's just frustration with the team not being able to see out a game.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:08 pm

Sack him tomorrow and get Potato Head in. RDM is a bottle job. Goes all Sherwood when we need a goal and shits it when we are winning
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:09 pm

Well playing 4 strikers is not working? To many selfish greedy bastards? RDM needs to look at a different system? But he decided to spunk all his transfer budget on strikers and not midfielders?
DelboyVilla

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:11 pm

AstonThriller wrote:The decision will be in the hands of Xia, Wyness and Round. Xia seems an implusive character and I have no doubt he'll be seething inside right now. Wyness doesn't have a trigger happy record at Aberdeen or Everton though and Round seems like a level headed kind of man.

I think RDM gets the next two or three games to get it right. Lose on Saturday then he'll be on borrowed time for sure but I'm not sure they would push the button that quickly. I think they'd probably wait until October first because though we're not winning he's not losing that much either it's just frustration with the team not being able to see out a game.
I will have a tenner on with you mate that should we lose against Ipswich he will be gone, or an announcement will be made on Monday morning. No doubt at all.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:12 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Sack him tomorrow and get Potato Head in. RDM is a bottle job. Goes all Sherwood when we need a goal and shits it when we are winning
Bruce mate.....are you sure Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 4 2900886825 Ps...The question mark thingy is broken on my laptop...bastard thing.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next