The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Manager: Roberto's own thread

+44
big ming
Dions_Bald_Head
Thinman
mefromhere
Saunders82
CoE82
Dazzle
Synopsis
UnclePanda
Aston Phila
Con
TheVillansOfAston
Terry Derry
danclare82
AstonThriller
Army villain
Villa_Dan
DelboyVilla
VTID85
FoxyAV
andrew24561
BillytheKid
VillaBill
deadbuzzardalive
KMitch
avfc85
Fpuppys
avfc forever
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
Villa Ranger
Boldfinger
Cha Ching
Wriggle
1Elliot
The Utterer
DaveAV1
jeffvilla
4BetLite
Trotters
Mr_Spadge
Lammypaul
De Kuip
smetro
48 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Should he stay or should he go?

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 8 I_vote_lcap83%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 83% 
[ 20 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 8 I_vote_lcap8%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 8 I_vote_lcap0%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 8 I_vote_lcap0%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 8 I_vote_lcap8%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 24

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Manager: Roberto's own thread

Post by 4BetLite Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:23 am

This is my personal opinion and doubt it will be any one else's but I've seen enough to believe that we will be fine.

Taking into account this is a 2 year plan ( a wise time frame considering the mess we were in ). I've seen glimpses of great play that I haven't seen for years and we have a squad, that when all fit and given time to get to know each other, would be able to give any team a run for its money.

If you take into account all the times we have hit the woodwork, the fluke bounces, 2 mistakes that have resulted in the opposition scoring and the ridiculously unlucky injury issue's, then we would probably top the table, so think about that for a minute, we are close, but we need a break and we need RDM'S vision to be realised.......... because his team in full flow would blitz any opposition in this league.

4BetLite
4BetLite

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 8 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:20 am

The Utterer wrote:
jimbop wrote:
jimbop wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:It looks like we're in the same boat as ManU:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37403310

sack jose NOW, hes shit, clueless, no tactical brain, FFS 5 games are more than enough, JOSE out JOSE out

even fellaini is loosing the plot!! - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/marouane-fellaini-claims-manchester-united-8868429

Lol! Exactly my thoughts Jimbop!

We need stability now after years of huge changes. I have no doubt it will turn. The team barely know each others names for goodness sake.

well said matey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:21 am

4BetLite wrote:This is my personal opinion and doubt it will be any one else's but I've seen enough to believe that we will be fine.

Taking into account this is a 2 year plan ( a wise time frame considering the mess we were in ). I've seen glimpses of great play that I haven't seen for years and we have a squad, that when all fit and given time to get to know each other, would be able to give any team a run for its money.

If you take into account all the times we have hit the woodwork, the fluke bounces, 2 mistakes that have resulted in the opposition scoring and the ridiculously unlucky injury issue's, then we would probably top the table, so think about that for a minute, we are close, but we need a break and we need RDM'S vision to be realised.......... because his team in full flow would blitz any opposition in this league.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:35 pm

Whats all this shit he has been spouting overnight - what a tough league the championship is ? - and its one of the top leagues in Europe -

MTFU - and face your responsibilities - Rowett has blues 5th with close to zero transfer budget and the mighty barnsley 4th ! Burton Albion - until recently a non league club are above us the table.....

If you can't blitz that lot with a £60m spending spree - you're doing something wrong Roberto........grow a pair !
smetro
smetro

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 8 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:01 pm

smetro wrote:
Whats all this shit he has been spouting overnight - what a tough league the championship is ? - and its one of the top leagues in Europe -

MTFU - and face your responsibilities - Rowett has blues 5th with close to zero transfer budget and the mighty barnsley 4th !  Burton Albion - until recently a non league club are above us the table.....

If you can't blitz that lot with a £60m spending spree - you're doing something wrong Roberto........grow a pair !

Just shows how clueless he is, it might only be 8 games but he looks like he hasnt got a clue, been living off the champions league win, which the players won not him, didnt fair well at schalke.

3 points today or he must go, wete falling to far behibd even poor teams.
CoE82
CoE82

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 8 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:28 pm

It's a dangerous coctail when we have a lot of new players that need to gel and settle, a lot of the squad are confidence players and they are all void of confidence. We play a system nobody understands and the result is that the players aren't interested in playing for their manager. That much is visible from the utter lack of tracking back, intensity, urgency and closing down.

He needs to simplify things so we win matches again. It simply doesn't look like the players are bothered to work for him or that they understand the system he tries to implement. Either get it working asap or replace with Steve Bruce.

And I'm not one for sacking managers without giving them a good crack at it. In fact I favour continuity more than anything in football. But we can't afford a manager that player don't understand or maybe don't even like. That's recipe for disaster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:37 pm

I'd say his last chance is this Tuesday. Unless we get 3 points it's time to sack him. I just can't let that fluke goal from Tshibola cover what was an utter disgraceful match. We didn't deserve a point what so ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:42 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I'd say his last chance is this Tuesday. Unless we get 3 points it's time to sack him. I just can't let that fluke goal from Tshibola cover what was an utter disgraceful match. We didn't deserve a point what so ever.
D-Day on Tuesday i think.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 8 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:52 pm

It's plain to see our balance is all wrong - for me how do you fit in our attacking talents and our centre mid is weak. I would stick Cissokho back at LB, have Amavi and Adomah on wings with Gestede/McCormack and Kodjia/Ayew as the partner. If we had of kept in simple instead of trying to get all the signings in, we would be in a much better position points wise.
avfc85
avfc85

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 8 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:04 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:I'd say his last chance is this Tuesday. Unless we get 3 points it's time to sack him. I just can't let that fluke goal from Tshibola cover what was an utter disgraceful match. We didn't deserve a point what so ever.
D-Day on Tuesday i think.

As its my birthday on Tuesday I'm hoping they give me a 3 point present, I deserve it. Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 8 1520050566 lol! lol!
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:43 pm

After every game it's one win in such and such amount of games, and that number just keeps going up. Not good enough and not what many would have imagined prior to the season starting.

We need to go on a run now, I'd like six (like everyone), but at the very least I think we should be getting four points from the next two games, if not then surely Di Matteo is running out of time, it's okay having stability but it has to be with the right people.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:47 pm

1 more game before Bertie is out the door IMO
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:54 pm

Who can realistically take over though? There's no point sacking just for the sake of it. We've just been through Garde, Sherwood etc. no more stupid sackings. If Bruce will come in after another loss, fine. But sacking after Tuesday when we don't have a solid manager lined up is just stupid.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:59 pm

I don't know who would come in, but Round will have a list of alternatives, as that's his job. Moyes might be available soon and has worked with Round in the past, but I wouldn't be keen myself. Still hopeful that Di Matteo can turn things around
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:09 pm

If it comes to it, I'd make Bournemouth and Eddie Howe an offer they cannot refuse.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:15 pm

No doubt when we were losing I felt he would be in grave danger going into the game in midweek. But he's shown an ability to learn from the error of his ways and changed things around for the better in the second half. So for that I give him credit and now he desperately needs to get that second win under his belt to really show that he can be the man to take us forward.

We're not where we want to be right now where the table is concerned. But four games unbeaten and being hard to beat shouldn't put us in panic stations yet. No win in these next two games though and I think his position has to be under review.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 8 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:23 pm

I cant say that I want him out, he needs time. If it was 6 defeats, then fair enough. But if we do I want Howe.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:54 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I don't know who would come in, but Round will have a list of alternatives, as that's his job. Moyes might be available soon and has worked with Round in the past, but I wouldn't be keen myself. Still hopeful that Di Matteo can turn things around

Yeah ideally RDM figures it out. Just a few wins on the trot and we are nicely placed for the play offs. But keep drawing and I don't know.

My biggest issue isn't the amount of points we're getting, it's the fact that our players seem to have no idea what to do when we have the ball. That's a pretty alarming sign that something isn't working at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:56 pm

If we were losing game after game then he should go. But we aren't. We're building. Holding on to not concede last week was a big step forward. Scoring late ourselves this week is a massive boost too. Now isn't the time to change. We're getting there
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:59 pm

Building actually requires you to see what we're trying to achieve. When our players seem to be clueless as to what we are supposed to do in possession, then I'm not sure we can call it building. When we have very little urgency, very little closing down, very little tracking back, then I'm not sure we can call it building.

I'd be 100% with you and I'm a strong supporter of continuity as I've said on repeat, but when we don't actually see what the manager is trying to do, then it's hard to call for patience and label it a building process.

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:15 pm

I think tonight buys him some time.  IMO we were desperate in the first half and lucky to only be 1-0 down - 2nd Half newcastle missed an absolute sitter to go 2-0 up.

With 30 minutes left we went totally gung ho - and snatched a point - and could have gone on to get all 3. Sure those 30 minutes will lift the spirits of the players and fans, and it was great to watch - but is it really a basis to go forward on ? - I don't think so...

I think tony need to be decisive and say 'actually he isn't the man for us' - and make the change. 30 minutes scrambled football doesn't really change anything (better or worse) - He's not the right man for us - he never was ...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:48 pm

So the press are starting to smell blood now according to THIS. Think it would be a little harsh even if we don't win in midweek. But these next two games are vital I think. He simply MUST win at least one of them, no excuses now.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 8 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:08 pm

Lets get Tuesday out of the way first i think. Matteo will be under severe pressure if it goes all tits up for sure.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 8 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:13 am

like newcastles fluke goal??

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:42 pm

jimbop wrote:

like newcastles fluke goal??

Can you see what the idea is with regard to how the team is setting up and approaching games? Do you see any pattern, any particular style that marks us out as improving or likely to improve? Because from what I've evidenced the last 2-3 games we look to be regressing. How long do we remain patient with no visible or statistical evidence of improvement? October? Christmas? I don't care what anyone says, the money spent this summer says the chairman expects promotion THIS SEASON. Having thought about this I'm giving RDM 15 games to sort it out, that's 6 more games. There has to be, at the very least, improved points return. I don't expect to see any defeats in the next 6.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next