The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+64
Jae1411
rosco77
Tyler Durden
FoxyAV
MancVillan
Mr_Spadge
Jamie_Taylor_1985
Dansvilla75
therailboy
Andyh
1Elliot
jvilla
tonyp
UnclePanda
VTID85
Thinman
Synopsis
StaffordsVillan
Dgrizzle7
mikethevillain
Cha Ching
andrew24561
noodles
South London Villan
Gordonsleftboot
danclare82
Justice league
NARLA24
Peter
Fpuppys
Heisenberg
nickf21
VillaBill
AstonThriller
Keyser Soze
deadbuzzardalive
AVit
debandit
Alf T
lukevilla
Rawlie
Wriggle
gaffer85
Chrissylee1111
smetro
Andrew Baker
Saunders82
HarryAVFC
Barabass
villajk
De Kuip
DaveAV1
4BetLite
The Utterer
BillytheKid
pcfbavfcoman
Wookster
Dions_Bald_Head
Trotters
Villa_Dan
Boldfinger
Lammypaul
achilles
DelboyVilla
68 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:23 pm

ThePurist wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:In retrospect the new boys worked out well, for me the core for next season if we can keep them is Amavi, Okore, Gueye and Ayew, with Veretout given another chance (since he was never played consistently or IMHO correctly). The likes of Grealish, Gestede and Traore I'd like to keep and a few more like Hutton, Westwood and even Sinclair will do a good job in the Championship (not sure about Gil though, despite no lack of effort) but the core contains three (four with Veretout) players new to the PL at the start of the season.

I think the other new players were Bunn, Richards and Lescott, with both Richards and Lescott falling flat on their faces. Nice try, whoever brought them in, but we had Okore and Clark who already showed in 2014-15 they could do a good job.

My post didn't really make complete sense, plus I forgot Traore was new too.

Thinking about it, we had almost a complete new team bar RB and LM:

Bunn
XXXX- Richards - Lescott - Amavi
Traore - Veretout - Gueye - XXXX
Gestede - Ayew

Substitute Richards and Lescott for Okore and Clark, with Hutton at RB and Sinclair at LW and that wouldn't be a disastrous team.

I've digressed again. Sorry.

We will go down with that team.

Did you not watch us last season?

The only centre back worth keeping in the whole club is Okore.
Bunn- back up at best. I desperately want us to get a new keeper this summer. Not sure if Steer is going to be good enough, but may be worth a look now he has first team experience in the championship.
Gueye may do a job in championship. He does win the ball back exceptionallyt well, but his distribution is fuckin disgraceful for a midfielder. Hoping better coaching will improve him immensely.
Veretout has the potential to be a superb midfielder. His vision is top drawer. Probnlem is, he was coached into becoming the French Westwood. Again, with the right work at BMH I think he could tear the championship to pieces.
Amavi is quality. We may well start the season with him, but once his fitness is proven, he'll be gone. Fact.
Traore - anyone's guess. Potential is there, but raw as eggs. Will always get the shit kicked out of him by championship defenders.
Gestede - If you ain't gonna knock long balls and crosses into Gestede then there is just no point playing him. I just can't see us playing that way under RDM so I can see him and Kozak being moved on. Shame really, cos Gestede has proven a very capable goalscorer at championship level.

Just to make it clear, I'm not proposing that team, just illustrating what Reilly/Sherwood/who knows who else might have been looking at with the players brought in. Bunn was likely cover for Guzan, and I would imagine it was decided that with Hutton and Bacuna at RB and Sinclair and Grealish (plus Gabby) at LM or on the left of a 4-3-3, those two positions were covered.

I've already mentioned that my ideal core consists of Okore, Gueye and Ayew, with Amavi, plus if RDM and SC think they can do something with him, Veretout (I'd like him to stay, I think he has a good future). I've already mentioned playing to the strengths of the players we have, and choosing the correct ones for each position.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:35 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
ThePurist wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:In retrospect the new boys worked out well, for me the core for next season if we can keep them is Amavi, Okore, Gueye and Ayew, with Veretout given another chance (since he was never played consistently or IMHO correctly). The likes of Grealish, Gestede and Traore I'd like to keep and a few more like Hutton, Westwood and even Sinclair will do a good job in the Championship (not sure about Gil though, despite no lack of effort) but the core contains three (four with Veretout) players new to the PL at the start of the season.

I think the other new players were Bunn, Richards and Lescott, with both Richards and Lescott falling flat on their faces. Nice try, whoever brought them in, but we had Okore and Clark who already showed in 2014-15 they could do a good job.

My post didn't really make complete sense, plus I forgot Traore was new too.

Thinking about it, we had almost a complete new team bar RB and LM:

Bunn
Gestede - Ayew

Substitute Richards and Lescott for Okore and Clark, with Hutton at RB and Sinclair at LW and that wouldn't be a disastrous team.

Bunn- back up at best. I desperately want us to get a new keeper this summer. Not sure if Steer is going to be good enough, but may be worth a look now he has first team experience in the championship.
Gueye may do a job in championship. He does win the ball back exceptionallyt well, but his distribution is fuckin disgraceful for a midfielder. Hoping better coaching will improve him immensely.
Veretout has the potential to be a superb midfielder. His vision is top drawer. Probnlem is, he was coached into becoming the French Westwood. Again, with the right work at BMH I think he could tear the championship to pieces.
Amavi is quality. We may well start the season with him, but once his fitness is proven, he'll be gone. Fact.
Traore - anyone's guess. Potential is there, but raw as eggs. Will always get the shit kicked out of him by championship defenders.
Gestede - If you ain't gonna knock long balls and crosses into Gestede then there is just no point playing him. I just can't see us playing that way under RDM so I can see him and Kozak being moved on. Shame really, cos Gestede has proven a very capable goalscorer at championship level.

Just to make it clear, I'm not proposing that team, just illustrating what Reilly/Sherwood/who knows who else might have been looking at with the players brought in. Bunn was likely cover for Guzan, and I would imagine it was decided that with Hutton and Bacuna at RB and Sinclair and Grealish (plus Gabby) at LM or on the left of a 4-3-3, those two positions were covered.

I've already mentioned that my ideal core consists of Okore, Gueye and Ayew, with Amavi, plus if RDM and SC think they can do something with him, Veretout (I'd like him to stay, I think he has a good future). I've already mentioned playing to the strengths of the players we have, and choosing the correct ones for each position.

Fair do's, sorry for the assumptions!

In fairness, we lost 3 key players from the season before last. Vlaar, Delph, Benteke. (Cleverley was never ours anyway and only played well a handful of times after Sherwood came, a lot of fans seems to have invented a history for him, but he has been equally shit at Everton!!).
We have around £55m to spend. Rather than replace what we'd lost with players approaching similar quality, Riley filled the side with average players. That is indisputable fact.
I agree there were many things wrong off the field, but the professionalism and character of that side brought in by Riley and his band of fools was just embarrassing. No matter who the manager was.

Incidentally, the average goals scored by the 10 automatically promoted teams from the championship over the last 5 years is 76.6 goals.
Villa's average over the same 5 years period is 36.2.
Even accounting for the drop in level, there is absolutely no chance these players can get us promoted, no chance at all. We need a complete overhaul. I appreciate that brings it's own problems, but I will be seriously worried if we kick off in August with more than 3 players from last season squad on the pitch.

I wouldn't be particularly bothered about keeping any of them in all honesty. Aside from the new players, even the ones that have been there for a while just have a track record of failure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Spadge Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:53 pm

Peter wrote:Some sensible comments Foxyav. Riley did seem to find some good players

I struggle to reconcile the potential in some of our players with our absolute utter pathetic inability to win a game.
I know there is something wrong at the club, and I know there are a number of players with a bad attitude, and I know it's not all of them.

But it means I find it hard to trust Gana, Veretout, Ayew, Clarke, Okore, Amavi to get us back to the PL.
Mr_Spadge

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:01 pm

[quote="ThePurist"]
FoxyAV wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

Bunn
Gestede - Ayew

You say we'll go down with that team and yet point out its qualities.

Odd.

We've seen Amavi cross a ball. Likewise Traore. Fill in the blanks with some half decent players, offload the poisonous bastards and get some good coaching going on and that team won't get relegated. No way.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:04 pm

Mr_Spadge wrote:
Peter wrote:Some sensible comments Foxyav. Riley did seem to find some good players

I struggle to reconcile the potential in some of our players with our absolute utter pathetic inability to win a game.
I know there is something wrong at the club, and I know there are a number of players with a bad attitude, and I know it's not all of them.

But it means I find it hard to trust Gana, Veretout, Ayew, Clarke, Okore, Amavi to get us back to the PL.  

For me they're the players we need to build around, with a manager and coaches who have more than a basic idea of what they're doing. That Black selected the players he did and set them up to play dull defensive football for the last few matches of the season even though we were already relegated suggests our coaching staff wasn't up to much either. Of course he could have been trying not to lose, so his record didn't look bad, but that's as insulting to paying fans as playing Bacuna when he'd made it clear he had no interest whatsoever in Aston Villa.

Incidentally Clark wasn't in my list. He can do a job (as can Hutton, Guzan, Sanchez, Westwood etc etc etc) but I think Okore has something extra about him (not just potential) that Clark (and Baker, Lescott and Richards) doesn't.

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:15 pm

Trotters wrote:
ThePurist wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

Bunn
Gestede - Ayew

Odd.

We've seen Amavi cross a ball. Likewise Traore. Fill in the blanks with some half decent players, offload the poisonous bastards and get some good coaching going on and that team won't get relegated. No way.  
But it wouldn't be 'that team' playing then would it? That's my point!

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:23 pm

There's no way we'd go down with that team. I'd expect us to be challenging for the play offs at the very least. But it can be improved upon especially at the back and up front and some experience in midfield, basically the spine of the team. Players like Gardner, Grealish and Green will be big assets for us too, if we can hang onto them.

I think what we do need to do, is get off to as good start as possible. That's pretty much stating the obvious, but I think in our situation it's doubly important, in order to exorcise the ghost of last season.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:03 pm

Smetro mate i have to disagree when you say 'Sherwood created all the mess''?? Lerner created all the mess appointing the wrong men who made the wrong decisions then last year expecting us to sell our best striker AND our best midfielder (snake) and expect that money to literally finance a whole team that will be better for it? Was never gonna happen plus may i add from some inside people quite a few of them have said many times Sherwood did not sign almost any of the signings we added ;last summer,

Lerner was to blame for the clubs demise full stop fella.
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:15 pm

the only player I would keep from last season transfers Amavi ,,the rest can do one, that team took us down and would never make the playoffs we have better players on the books already
villajk

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:36 pm

ThePurist wrote:
Trotters wrote:
ThePurist wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

Bunn
Gestede - Ayew

Odd.

Foxy said he'd swap the CB's out so it would be that team. You've begrudgingly praised the very players you've said would get us relegated again. Either I'm being thick or you are.

Provided we can keep the better players like Gana, Veretout and Amavi - and I think our chances of doing that have increased from zero to 50/50 in the last fortnight - then we've got the basis of a very decent starting XI.

It then comes down to:
1. Playing with the right formation, players and tactics.
2. Ensuring a complete chang in culture/attitude.
3. Filling out the squad with players that can not only challenge the first XI but give the manager the option to change (and win) a game.

As said above, there are players who have no interest in playing for us. Offload them and we're already halfway there.

Someone pointed out a few weeks back that our old left back, Lowton, has looked one of the standout fullbacks at this level. So how strong is this league really?

"That team" of Foxy's will fair well, IMO. We just need points 1, 2 and 3 fulfilling and I reckon we'll be at least good enough for the playoffs.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:08 pm

did you see the Scum game they played us off the park in thefirst half ,it was only when jack and gil came on we looked good, Scum are a shit team ,so it wont be easy, so get rid of those who took us down, look forward to the younger players Lyden,Toner playing with heart ,,hutton Clarke Gardner Baker wont let us down in that division ,and Jack in the num 10 roll, there are 7 players I would trust, add new keeper, 1new experience mid fielder?2forwards and Amavi
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:18 pm

ThePurist wrote:
Incidentally, the average goals scored by the 10 automatically promoted teams from the championship over the last 5 years is 76.6 goals.
Villa's average over the same 5 years period is 36.2.
Even accounting for the drop in level, there is absolutely no chance these players can get us promoted, no chance at all. We need a complete overhaul. I appreciate that brings it's own problems, but I will be seriously worried if we kick off in August with more than 3 players from last season squad on the pitch.

I wouldn't be particularly bothered about keeping any of them in all honesty. Aside from the new players, even the ones that have been there for a while just have a track record of failure.

I find that statistic frightening as Villa are currently light years away from achieving anything remotely like that! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 1662365926
achilles
achilles

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:04 pm

Now we have had it quiet for a couple of days I hope that we now have a couple of manic days. Take over goes through and a couple of top notch signings to show our intent.
I'm just getting impatient and had nothing to post really.
Boldfinger

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:04 pm

Gil looks like he is off AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 1401410211 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 1327487109
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:08 pm

NARLA24 wrote:Gil looks like he is off AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 1401410211 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 1327487109
Where to mate ? How much ?
I find Gil very frustrating rather like grealish loads and loads of potential that has only ever been applied in glimpses, but as I have said before - any member of the relegation squad could be sold and I couldn't give a Shite.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:28 pm

[quote="FoxyAV"]
Trotters wrote:can find a position at the club for Rachel Riley?

Ive got a whole book of positions for Rachel Riley
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:46 pm

Dazzle wrote:
4BetLite wrote:
andrew24561 wrote:
4BetLite wrote:Anyone that thinks that there is no corruption in football needs to open their eyes and not raise an eyebrow Wink

We don't play "the game" that the others do

well what game do we play then ? netball ?, that and having shite non caring players is probably the reason we got relegated.

I'm afraid you may have missed the point.

I think he probably hasn't missed your point! He, like me, perhaps doesn't find the idea of bribes being part of the "beautiful game". Of course it goes on, but that doesn't mean you have to join in at all costs. Besides, it's not a game when results/outcomes are essentially decided in advance, as you seem to saying. At that point, for me, it's simply an event, a staged event. And I'd rather be the great Aston Villa in the Championship than just another worldwide corruption franchise in the Premiership. It means nothing when "success" has to be gained the Man City and Chelsea way. Coincidentally, how much do you think little old Leicester paid for their premiership title?

Its an honourable stance and point of view that I have always believed in too. I'm just sick and tired of not competing at the highest level like the clubs you have mentioned, who may or may not be corrupt, but know how to use the rules to their advantage a lot better then we have.

If we don't do the same we get left behind and become a nothing club like some of the other great old clubs have become. I'll still turn up whatever, but, I want to be a Man City for a bit, I'm selfish maybe.

If the new board are all bad they wouldn't get in and most probably be behind bars, I believe they are simply very good at using the small print to take advantage of situations and profiting from it, if that helps Villa to be better, ill be the 1st to sign up for it.

All that said, we all see things differently and I most certainly appreciate every Tbar members point of view.

Up The Villa
AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 4025243045
4BetLite
4BetLite

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:47 pm

My point was not that I'd play that team above, just that those were the players brought in at the start of last season, pretty much a whole starting 11, and Reilly was presumably responsible for a lot of them. The only positions not covered were RB and LM. Swapping the two CBs and adding Sinclair and Hutton then made it a not too shabby team. I am not suggesting we play them next season though, just keep the core and build a new team around them. We don't need much: good goalie, a partner and cover for Okore, Gardner and someone else in central midfield with experience of the Championship, a proven goal scorer to replace Gabby and possibly wide players. But then I don't know who stays and who goes.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:03 pm

Boldfinger wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:Gil looks like he is off AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 1401410211 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 1327487109
I find  Gil very frustrating rather like grealish loads and loads of potential that has only ever been applied in glimpses, but as I have said before - any member of the relegation squad could be sold and I couldn't give a Shite.
Report in our favorite paper just saying he is linked with a move away mate. Hot air and piss maybe.
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:07 pm

I like him but he never quite did enough when not in possession ....

Next AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 1306727784
1Elliot
1Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:02 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
Boldfinger wrote:
I find  Gil very frustrating rather like grealish loads and loads of potential that has only ever been applied in glimpses, but as I have said before - any member of the relegation squad could be sold and I couldn't give a Shite.
Report in our favorite paper just saying he is linked with a move away mate. Hot air and piss maybe.
Not that shite rag agIn - tomorrow they will probably be writing he has signed a new 5 year deal - clowns
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:04 pm

Trotters wrote:
ThePurist wrote:
Trotters wrote:
ThePurist wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

Bunn
Gestede - Ayew

Odd.

Foxy said he'd swap the CB's out so it would be that team. You've begrudgingly praised the very players you've said would get us relegated again. Either I'm being thick or you are.

Provided we can keep the better players like Gana, Veretout and Amavi - and I think our chances of doing that have increased from zero to 50/50 in the last fortnight - then we've got the basis of a very decent starting XI.

It then comes down to:
1. Playing with the right formation, players and tactics.
2. Ensuring a complete chang in culture/attitude.
3. Filling out the squad with players that can not only challenge the first XI but give the manager the option to change (and win) a game.

As said above, there are players who have no interest in playing for us. Offload them and we're already halfway there.

Someone pointed out a few weeks back that our old left back, Lowton, has looked one of the standout fullbacks at this level. So how strong is this league really?

"That team" of Foxy's will fair well, IMO. We just need points 1, 2 and 3 fulfilling and I reckon we'll be at least good enough for the playoffs.

You are!

I've tried to find positives in each individual, BUT they are PROVEN failures as a team. What is so difficult to understand?  AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 35 1327487109

If any more than 3 of last seasons squad form the crux of next seasons team, we're fucked. This is a far bigger rebuild than some are prepared to accept.

Oh, and Lowton is a right back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:10 pm

ThePurist wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Wyness made a director of Recon Sports, today.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10176070/filing-history

I see that was listed today, but if you read it, all of the appointments were made on 27 May.

Who is Alan Hitchins? His name is on the incorporation form 12 May, yet he resigned 27 May, the day the rest were appointed.

Why is this?

Article on MOMS that includes questions about this Alan Hitchins bloke (like the fact he is a vet!!). There does seem to be a few shady characters involved in this takeover, no surprise it is taking a while.

Does make me wonder on what someone posted earlier, if RECON really are all that, why the need for these cowboys?

http://www.myoldmansaid.com/proof-tony-xias-aston-villa-recon-sports-ltd-takeover/

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:14 pm

BillytheKid wrote:Smetro mate i have to disagree when you say 'Sherwood created all the mess''?? Lerner created all the mess appointing the wrong men who made the wrong decisions then last year expecting us to sell our best striker AND our best midfielder (snake) and expect that money to literally finance a whole team that will be better for it? Was never gonna happen plus may i add from some inside people quite a few of them have said many times Sherwood did not sign almost any of the signings we added ;last summer,

Lerner was to blame for the clubs demise full stop fella.

Yes the accountability goes back to Lerner.

That said Tom Fox made 2 diabolical managerial appointments....

Tim Sherwood offered very little other than a short term kick up the ass - and getting the ball to benteke quicker. As that season drew to a close he was clean out of ideas. Remi Garde just came in and did precisely nothing to clear up the mess, clearly out of his depth by millions of miles. I don't beleive TS or RG did a reasonable job under poor circumstances - sure it all it goes back to Lerner - but i absolve the others of all blame. Managers at various clubs have thrived under poor circumstances.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:18 pm

ThePurist wrote:
ThePurist wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Wyness made a director of Recon Sports, today.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10176070/filing-history

I see that was listed today, but if you read it, all of the appointments were made on 27 May.

Who is Alan Hitchins? His name is on the incorporation form 12 May, yet he resigned 27 May, the day the rest were appointed.

Why is this?

Article on MOMS that includes questions about this Alan Hitchins bloke (like the fact he is a vet!!). There does seem to be a few shady characters involved in this takeover, no surprise it is taking a while.

Does make me wonder on what someone posted earlier, if RECON really are all that, why the need for these cowboys?

http://www.myoldmansaid.com/proof-tony-xias-aston-villa-recon-sports-ltd-takeover/

My hunch at this stage is that Xia has no more disposable wealth to pump into villa than Lerner did. That said were a league lower - and teams do thrive in that division with nominal funds.

Another hunch is that in some way samuelson and his company will have provided some money for the purchase - and may therefore have some clout in the boardroom.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next